FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Coming Out

Coming Out

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ickJ OP   Man  over a year ago

Hemel Hempstead

A few days ago, my son (18 years old) sent me a message saying that he'd been considering and experimenting for a while and has now decided to say that he thinks he's trans.

I've been sort of expecting this for quite a few years but decided to wait for it rather than asking.

I've asked him about names / pronouns, but that's as yet undecided (hence me still using "him" here).

I'm ever so proud that he's had the courage to tell me - I expect it was quite daunting, even though I've always shown my tolerance of all people.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elethWoman  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Oh wow! Absolutely, I bet it was daunting! Good for you for making him feel that even though it was, he could still tell you. Best of luck to him

By *superfuse663Man  over a year ago

manchester

Must make you feel proud that they can tell you, means your doing a good job at bringing them up if they can talk to you about it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"A few days ago, my son (18 years old) sent me a message saying that he'd been considering and experimenting for a while and has now decided to say that he thinks he's trans.

I've been sort of expecting this for quite a few years but decided to wait for it rather than asking.

I've asked him about names / pronouns, but that's as yet undecided (hence me still using "him" here).

I'm ever so proud that he's had the courage to tell me - I expect it was quite daunting, even though I've always shown my tolerance of all people."

Top parenting you love to see it! Good luck to him on his journey

"A few days ago, my son (18 years old) sent me a message saying that he'd been considering and experimenting for a while and has now decided to say that he thinks he's trans.

I'm ever so proud that he's had the courage to tell me - I expect it was quite daunting, even though I've always shown my tolerance of all people."

Well done for making something that must have been super scary for him into a really positive thing

Op please support in every way possible they be dealing with a lot

They be dealing with they own stupid head fighting with them selfs

They be dealing with how other people wive them epeshal home towns or cities

By *ocksareoffMan  over a year ago

Out n About

Good on you Mr and that took some guts from your son to tell you

By *inamicMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

A proud moment for urself as a parent to know that ur children know they can be open and tell you anything. Also to you aswell that ur so understanding.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Oh wow. You must be so proud of his courage and the strength of your relationship.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Well done xxxx

The best part about all that is that he seems to have a fantastic father which must give him huge confidence going forward.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

He’s (or she) shown some courage to tell you and you’ve shown that you’re an open minded parent.

Massive congratulations to you both and hope things turn out well.

Keep an eye out for Sparkle next year the Trans celebration in Manchester. A great weekend for the community to get together

Top dadding.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

This is so wholesome. I wish them all the best in their journey and I'm glad they have such a supportive parent to be by their side throughout.

By *awpleasureMan  over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

Says a lot about you that your son could tell you something like that.

Hats off to you both

Its very brave and the fact that u got told, it’s something you should definitely cherish!

Best of luck xxx

That first reaction to being told is oh so very important. Well done for handling it so well.

Best of luck on this journey.

By *imandHer9396Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend

All the best in this adventure, OP! Sending all of our love

Her x

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

Unconditional love right there

By *entlemenpipMan  over a year ago

not far

Thats awsome to hear I wish I had been able to come out as bi to my dad but he passed before I was ready and I was outed to the rest of my family who have been great

My son came out but I'd always said to him do what makes you happy. Life's to short to be something you're not and my advice to him.. Get out there, enjoy yourself, be safe and most importantly be happy.

He's probably on this already, but he might need to meet some trans people, possibly getting some support from a local trans group. Best of luck!

xx

Such an awesome thing to read.

You are doing a great job.

I already know if one of mine decides to come out in the future it will be me they turn to first.

Their dad is so closed minded.

Well done for being everything he needs right now, it will no doubt help the journey massively

» Add a new message to this topic