FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > You have an illusion of freedom.

You have an illusion of freedom.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I am not sure if you have seen russel brands latest video interviewing snowden? It was interesting about how we are being tracked by the nsa on our phones and even the simplest of apps like the calculator is gathering information and also when you put down your phone and not using it it is still communicating, what is your view about it? I agree that the only way around is not to use an iphone but instead a simple nokia one, although they are not as fun

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otmyrealname99Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Only speak in person to be sure. Preferably while covering your mouth. And wearing a tin foil hat

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And the mockery starts again

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

A lot of that sounds like conspiracy theory territory. What's his evidence the NSA is tracking people through their phones?

By *ylvialonglegsTV/TS  over a year ago

Neath

Of course the idea is feasable with today's technology, but go back ten years; or maybe 20. I, for example, haven't used cash as my primary payment for donkeys. My movements can be tracked all the way back then through that trail. What's changed? The extent and the speed. The, "What have you got to hide?" argument isn't sufficient, but there's sense in it. Way of world.

By *irty desireWoman  over a year ago

newcatle

Well no one has coming knocking at my door yet!! Guess am not that interesting to spy on

By *otmyrealname99Man  over a year ago

Manchester

VPN for the sneaky stuff and you're all good

By *lbinoGorillaMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"I am not sure if you have seen russel brands latest video interviewing snowden? It was interesting about how we are being tracked by the nsa on our phones and even the simplest of apps like the calculator is gathering information and also when you put down your phone and not using it it is still communicating, what is your view about it? I agree that the only way around is not to use an iphone but instead a simple nokia one, although they are not as fun "

That's modern life, unfortunately.

Phones are always talking to each other, as proved quite early last year when I had a social meet with someone new and a day later they were a Facebook friend suggestion, despite us having no mutual acquaintances

It used to be that knowledge was power, now it's data

By *ylvialonglegsTV/TS  over a year ago

Neath

PS, I hope my response came over as measured and not frivolous, but full disclosure... I wouldn't give Brand the time of day and Snowden betrayed his country.

only gchq has the right to monitor your calls etc even then they have to be sure your up to no good

Unless you lived in a cave for about 10 years, nothing is secret from you... phones? How about computer , debit card, nectar cards, Facebook, Google, email account hacked...

just don’t worry too much it’s too late

"Unless you lived in a cave for about 10 years, nothing is secret from you... phones? How about computer , debit card, nectar cards, Facebook, Google, email account hacked...

just don’t worry too much it’s too late "

Forgot cars who have computer inside too

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

I wish they would concentrate on improving the call quality and not dropping calls when on the road

snowden is out off touch

Apple are at the forefront off anti tracking

Yes maybe a older apple but apples stance agents fb as shown whare they stand

Google is the new apple in that regard

"VPN for the sneaky stuff and you're all good"

VPN dose not stop a direct track

Ie read the terms when you install a app

It be leaching your data regardless off VPN all VPN stops is none direct track

By *hocCock1Man  over a year ago

Hampshire

"I am not sure if you have seen russel brands latest video interviewing snowden? It was interesting about how we are being tracked by the nsa on our phones and even the simplest of apps like the calculator is gathering information and also when you put down your phone and not using it it is still communicating, what is your view about it? I agree that the only way around is not to use an iphone but instead a simple nokia one, although they are not as fun "

I like a lot of what Russell Brand has to say and some of what Snowden has to say, but really not worth worrying about unless your hard-core activist or a spy, main thing I believe is to not be indoctrinated into the mainstream BS , like the Cambridge Analytica expose showed

"I am not sure if you have seen russel brands latest video interviewing snowden? It was interesting about how we are being tracked by the nsa on our phones and even the simplest of apps like the calculator is gathering information and also when you put down your phone and not using it it is still communicating, what is your view about it? I agree that the only way around is not to use an iphone but instead a simple nokia one, although they are not as fun

That's modern life, unfortunately.

Phones are always talking to each other, as proved quite early last year when I had a social meet with someone new and a day later they were a Facebook friend suggestion, despite us having no mutual acquaintances

It used to be that knowledge was power, now it's data"

Wasn’t the phones talking that was the Facebook app tracking location data and pairing the two off you two gether

It's because people are nosey.

Facebook, Instagram etc you get what you deserve.

If you stop using these websites and apps then they have less to go on.

Same with people saying it's a shame shops close on the high street. Well stop using Amazon then lol.

You gave them power over you, you don't need Facebook or need to post a pic of what your eating on Instagram.

When asked Zuckerberg wouldn't say who his phone contacts were so why the fuck should he know what your doing.

Hasn't freedom always been an illusion?

By *hocCock1Man  over a year ago

Hampshire

"It's because people are nosey.

Facebook, Instagram etc you get what you deserve.

If you stop using these websites and apps then they have less to go on.

Same with people saying it's a shame shops close on the high street. Well stop using Amazon then lol.

You gave them power over you, you don't need Facebook or need to post a pic of what your eating on Instagram.

When asked Zuckerberg wouldn't say who his phone contacts were so why the fuck should he know what your doing.

"

Exactly this...they only know what you tell them !

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

We are not even aware whether or brains are controlling us or our subconscious and our brain is only pretending its in control. Some fascinating research out there.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I feel sorry for the poor bugger who is tracking my sad life.

"Only speak in person to be sure. Preferably while covering your mouth. And wearing a tin foil hat"
Yes, that would be the safest way to fo it lol.

"Well no one has coming knocking at my door yet!! Guess am not that interesting to spy on "
Same here lol

Watch *the social dilemma* on Netflix.

It’s Scary stuff.

J

" "

This

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

If you're worried about being tracked just ask yourself, why?

What are you doing wrong that makes you worried?

Personally I couldn't give two hoots if some corporation or government body wants to track me or know what I do everyday. If they want to waste their time then go ahead, there's nothing to see.

Apps like Facebook, etc, only track you so they can pass on what you're looking at with the aim of you, potentially, becoming a customer and buying something. Personally, if I want to buy something I'll go and buy it. I certainly won't go out and buy something just because some 'targeted' advert has popped up in my Facebook feed.

People beed to get a grip and get over the 'big brother' fears.

"Well no one has coming knocking at my door yet!! Guess am not that interesting to spy on "

'Now it is 1984

Knock-knock at your front door

It's the suede denim secret police

They have come for your uncool niece

Come quietly to the camp

You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp

Don't you worry, it's only a shower

For your clothes, here's a pretty flower'

"I feel sorry for the poor bugger who is tracking my sad life."

mine too - if they want to track me watching Netflix then let them crack on

"We are not even aware whether or brains are controlling us or our subconscious and our brain is only pretending its in control. Some fascinating research out there. "

that has blown my mind and feels like an online rabbithole I'm about to venture down for hours..

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

They don't even need to track you by phone, bank card or computer use. Even if you give these up and use cash you are still easily trackable and this will increase in the future. To get around this you need to give up the above and not go out.

Technology has moved on.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

If it means I get better ads popping up, bring it on.

Seriously if your paranoid use WhatsApp , VPN, ToR, Apple, not even the CIA can get into them. But hang on how did they really catch dread pirate Robert’s and bin laden , maybe they cracked ToR and pretended they haven’t. Maybe they’re reading this and I’ll disappear.....

By *AABMan  over a year ago

Not far

Being tracked across the internet does not equate to loss of freedom. The NSA has zero interest in what you bought on Amazon or where you go running in the park. There’s no logical sense in tracking the communications or movements of every person in the planet. Their role is the security of the US and if they want to find the threat needle in the haystack they do not want to make the haystack bigger. Google and Zuckerberg track you because they want to sell you as a product to advertisers. If you don’t want that, don’t use Google, FB, or Instagram. Delete cookies, browse in stealth mode, and buy an iPhone instead of Android. Nothing to see here.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Look at some things apps are asking for, when you first log on.

Permission to access your media files, for storage

Permission to make and receive texts and phone calls.

Hmm sounds perfectly normal to me!

Both of those were from a game, which got quickly deleted.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"If you're worried about being tracked just ask yourself, why?

Personally I couldn't give two hoots if some corporation or government body wants to track me or know what I do everyday. If they want to waste their time then go ahead, there's nothing to see.

Apps like Facebook, etc, only track you so they can pass on what you're looking at with the aim of you, potentially, becoming a customer and buying something. Personally, if I want to buy something I'll go and buy it. I certainly won't go out and buy something just because some 'targeted' advert has popped up in my Facebook feed.

People beed to get a grip and get over the 'big brother' fears."

It isn't about what you're doing wrong. It's about knowing what you do, how you live and how you think in order to make more money out of you or influence you in one way or another and that isn't just a few cookie driven adverts which you can choose to ignore.

The art of the conman is to understand his/her victim them maniplulate them accordingly. Big business and politicians are certainly not above doing this in the pursuit of power and wealth. Your personal information is what enables them to do it.

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

I pity anyone who's following my shopping habits or spying on us. They must have something better to do?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Meh

Russell Brand though....

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The capability exists and there are obviously vast volumes of data on each of us, just because they can and want to. Private corporations have amassed huge volumes too - you are their product.

It's a loss of privacy and some freedom and would be better revoked. But it won't stop anytime soon.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"The capability exists and there are obviously vast volumes of data on each of us, just because they can and want to. Private corporations have amassed huge volumes too - you are their product.

It's a loss of privacy and some freedom and would be better revoked. But it won't stop anytime soon. "

If you just accept that all information has the right to be be free, it ultimately stops all lies, crime and corruption, what is the justification for privacy in a liberal society ? Why do we need secrets.

You browsed Amazon for a book or read a certain blog , why do you want to hold it away from

The world? Are you ashamed of your behaviour?

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

No-one is interested in anything I do, because my behaviour is almost indistinguishable from that of millions of others; the NSA, GCHQ Mossad, etc., cannot monitor everyone. They simply don't have the resources.

Paranoid and hypervigilant conspiracy theorists, many of whom are mentally unhinged, and in some instances deranged and delusional are polluting the human landscape with this'Big Brother' pervasive sirveillance nonsense.

Relax and enjoy life; no-one is interested in your mundane, routine, existence; unless you have criminal intent, that has been specifically brought to the attention of the authorities.

And even when they do receive credible information, do not be surprised at how incometently it is dealt with.

"If you're worried about being tracked just ask yourself, why?

People need to get a grip and get over the 'big brother' fears."

By *DW1983Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen, Leeds, Sheffield

Yeah, I think its usually a load of alarmist nonsense. I'm sure the technology is there in theory but the idea that we're all being actively 'watched' is just daft. No one ever really seems to be able to give a sensible reason *why* a government would need to track every single one of us other than 'control' which sounds dramatic but in reality is pretty meaningless.

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering/ Market Harborough

I'm 100% convinced that Google is listening to me through my phone. I've had several conversations recently about various subjects and as I look on Facebook I will see an advert for something I've just been talking about! Fair enough if I've used Google to search for something but for an add to appear after me simply talking about it ??

I'm unsure about NSA tracking everyone's phones, that would need a heck of a lot of resources and man power. The same sort of thing has/was said about the internet when first came about.

All that being said, big tech companies definitely track what we download and search, this information is definitely collected and I guess could be accessed by NSA, but I'd think that there would have to be a more than good reason why NSA would want access to that information.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

What is being monitored and what is being extracted are two different things. If you can't monitor everyone there is no point monitoring anyone.

Those that leave trails are more than likely ignored, there will be exceptions of course. When you are looking for something, sometimes what you are looking for is what is actually missing, ie those leaving no or hardly leaving a trail - what are they hiding.

By *erDirtyRockstarMan  over a year ago

buckinghamshire

The amount of data we facilitate those shadows folk to know now. And we kick a stink with targeted advertising ?

» Add a new message to this topic