FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What this places tells you about a person

What this places tells you about a person

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aidBack Lad OP   Man  over a year ago

Evesham

I’ve come to realise that if people just read your messages and don’t reply or just straight up ignore you then they probably aren’t all that great a person. Some will say oh they’re busy or they have lots of messages to get through then my advice would be just have a copy and paste reply to the ones you don’t want to talk to as it’s better than just being straight up rude.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Thank you grasshopper

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Give it a few years and you might realise differently

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

Do you reply to the 5 pizza flyers that come through your door? Or what about the ‘help the ages’ leaflet, that is irrelevant to you? Do you ring them up and say ‘no thanks, not today’?

No….it’s the same thing. It’s unsolicited and is not specifically asked for, so if it’s not for us then there’s no reason to reply…

"Do you reply to the 5 pizza flyers that come through your door? Or what about the ‘help the ages’ leaflet, that is irrelevant to you? Do you ring them up and say ‘no thanks, not today’?

No….it’s the same thing. It’s unsolicited and is not specifically asked for, so if it’s not for us then there’s no reason to reply…

"

Exactly this

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"I’ve come to realise that if people just read your messages and don’t reply or just straight up ignore you then they probably aren’t all that great a person. Some will say oh they’re busy or they have lots of messages to get through then my advice would be just have a copy and paste reply to the ones you don’t want to talk to as it’s better than just being straight up rude. "

Or maybe you're not what they're looking for, maybe your message wasn't that great, maybe we get a barrage of messages that to reply to everyone would be a full time job....

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It tells you many things, OP, but I don't think it tells you that.

[Removed by poster at 30/05/21 12:54:42]

"I’ve come to realise that if people just read your messages and don’t reply or just straight up ignore you then they probably aren’t all that great a person. Some will say oh they’re busy or they have lots of messages to get through then my advice would be just have a copy and paste reply to the ones you don’t want to talk to as it’s better than just being straight up rude. "

I answered one the other day .. well written.. polite..

I just said we was only passing through ..

Then I got .. are you not going to except my friends request ...

Ignored it then got ...fuck you bitch ...

now this is why I don’t answer messages x

May I ask you to try an experiment for one day? One day, that’s all?

You don’t need to do much but it may show you better why women appear to be “rude.”

What I think is rude,is posting a message criticising people then going off-line

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Do you reply to all the unsolicited junk mail that you get sent through the post ?

Thought not, how rude of you.

One of the ladies i met when i was here previously had around 80 messages while we were in the pub. We were only there a couple of hours, she'd have needed a full time personal assistant if she wanted to answer all the messages she got in a day.

Come to think of it, I’ll post the experiment for the single men who are frustrated at this.

Change you me status to “gay” take down your filters for messages from men. Change your status to seeking men.

Please reply to every message you receive and then the replies to those. Mind you, you’ll have about a 10 minute window in which to do this before being accused of ignoring them.

True story.

"What I think is rude,is posting a message criticising people then going off-line "

Manchester (she/her)

"Come to think of it, I’ll post the experiment for the single men who are frustrated at this.

Change you me status to “gay” take down your filters for messages from men. Change your status to seeking men.

Please reply to every message you receive and then the replies to those. Mind you, you’ll have about a 10 minute window in which to do this before being accused of ignoring them.

True story. "

That's mean

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Maybe the site should be renamed

"The school of hard knocks"

"Come to think of it, I’ll post the experiment for the single men who are frustrated at this.

True story.

That's mean "

Do I need a good spanking for that??

Manchester (she/her)

True story.

That's mean

Do I need a good spanking for that?? "

Probably.

And I want to watch the inbox carnage

True story.

That's mean

Probably.

And I want to watch the inbox carnage "

As do I. I’m much too cowardly to do try this experiment myself. Better to set one of them to it.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Op with my comment you’ve had 19 responses to your thread. Are you going to answer each and everyone ? I mean you can’t be a hypocrite over these things.

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

If you need to receive that many messages then why not make yourself a female or TV/TS profile, leave all of your filters wide open and then spend your time on here sending out those polite thanks but no thanks replies and see what you get.

You'll very quickly understand why you often won't get a response unless you stand out for all the right reasons

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

All it tells you is that they aren’t interested in you. It’s in the site FAQs.

By *rs-sensual-meWoman  over a year ago

gwynedd

Give the site faqs a read.

Plus even a polite no thankyou often ends in abuse so I will stick to what they state.

By *ogerBottomsMan  over a year ago

Aberdare

You're judging it on the number of messages we get as men. The sheer volume of messages any female profile receives, even one with no pictures and 'will fill in later', makes what you're suggesting impossible. It's no reflection on the receiver of the messages if they don't reply.

Derby

True story.

That's mean

Probably.

As do I. I’m much too cowardly to do try this experiment myself. Better to set one of them to it. "

Are you a magical cowboy or a chicken

I think you need to do this and report your findings back on this thread

Manchester (she/her)

True story.

That's mean

Probably.

As do I. I’m much too cowardly to do try this experiment myself. Better to set one of them to it. "

True story.

That's mean

Probably.

As do I. I’m much too cowardly to do try this experiment myself. Better to set one of them to it.

Are you a magical cowboy or a chicken

I think you need to do this and report your findings back on this thread "

* jumps on horse and rapidly rides off into the sunset clucking like a chicken the entire time *

Manchester (she/her)

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

One major flaw in your "advice".

Once you reply, your filters if you change them will no longer work against anyone you've responded to and the only way to stop them having access to your inbox is to block them.

My advice to you is to read the site FAQS, gives you a little insight.

So come on.... what kind of person am I? I'd love to hear what it tells you about me.

I don't even read 90+% of the messages I get.

Or maybe, just maybe, it could tell you something about the sender of the messages.

It could tell you they don't read profiles properly and are sending messages out to those who are clearly incompatible. I can't tell you how many messages I receive from those who "don't meet smokers" when I don't hide the fact I smoke.

I even write in my profile text I probably won't read any messages that get sent.... yet still get tons. What does that say about me?

Evesham

"May I ask you to try an experiment for one day? One day, that’s all?

You don’t need to do much but it may show you better why women appear to be “rude.”"

Sure what’s this experiment

Derby

"One major flaw in your "advice".

Once you reply, your filters if you change them will no longer work against anyone you've responded to and the only way to stop them having access to your inbox is to block them.

So come on.... what kind of person am I? I'd love to hear what it tells you about me.

Or maybe, just maybe, it could tell you something about the sender of the messages.

It could tell you they don't read profiles properly and are sending messages out to those who are clearly incompatible. I can't tell you how many messages I receive from those who "don't meet smokers" when I don't hide the fact I smoke.

I even write in my profile text I probably won't read any messages that get sent.... yet still get tons. What does that say about me?

"

It says you're a lovely little bundle of joy

Would a great person reply to not so great messages though?

You know the one liners, the sexual what they want to do to you lists, the ones that are attached to pics of just a cock.

Actually I doubt many great people reply to cocks in life in general.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Not rteplying isn't being rude - the site rules confirm this. Do you bother to reply to unwanted mail which comes through your door or via email.

Evesham

"I’ve come to realise that if people just read your messages and don’t reply or just straight up ignore you then they probably aren’t all that great a person. Some will say oh they’re busy or they have lots of messages to get through then my advice would be just have a copy and paste reply to the ones you don’t want to talk to as it’s better than just being straight up rude.

You know the one liners, the sexual what they want to do to you lists, the ones that are attached to pics of just a cock.

"

Every message I send I tend to tailor it to what is written in the profile even the ones that say message to know more

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

No reply is a no, check the faqs

shits creek

Why *should* people engage with people they don't want to engage with?

Have you ever pretended to be on the phone when someone makes eye contact with you trying to sell you something in the street?

Have you ever ignored the Jehovas Witnesses knocking your front door coz you've seen them walking down the path?

Have you ever ignored a phone call from a number you didn't recognise?

Have you ever ignored a call from a number you did recognise?

Have you ever ignored a letter or leaflet that came through your letterbox, or put one straight in the next bin after it got handed to you in the street?

"I’ve come to realise that if people just read your messages and don’t reply or just straight up ignore you then they probably aren’t all that great a person. Some will say oh they’re busy or they have lots of messages to get through then my advice would be just have a copy and paste reply to the ones you don’t want to talk to as it’s better than just being straight up rude.

"

Yeah.....but what if it’s a great cock?? Eh? Now you’re stumped, aren’t you??

shits creek

Every message I send I tend to tailor it to what is written in the profile even the ones that say message to know more "

Then they've looked at your profile and decided you're not for them, regardless if you think they are for you. Simple.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Every message I send I tend to tailor it to what is written in the profile even the ones that say message to know more "

That may be the case OP, but as per the FAQs they do not have to respond.

You haven't responded to every reply to your post here. Why is that?

Remember that you need more that just a decent message to get a response. There's many reasons that I would probably not respond if I was lookung for men and got a message from you.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

Has someones ego taken a bruising?

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

There's messages I don't reply to op and I'm a guy without 100's of messages flooding me daily. It's not because I'm rude, it's a case of either the message not being in any way appealing or no attraction.

Nobody is entitled to a reply here and you've just joined a big list of guys that seem to think that they are.

Evesham

I take back what I said and totally understand where women are coming from now I decided to put it to the test made a fake female profile and within minutes I stand on 17 messages and that’s with very little info so I apologise for being an idiot I just think it’s just about playing the waiting game perhaps till someone does find me interesting.

Manchester (she/her)

"I take back what I said and totally understand where women are coming from now I decided to put it to the test made a fake female profile and within minutes I stand on 17 messages and that’s with very little info so I apologise for being an idiot I just think it’s just about playing the waiting game perhaps till someone does find me interesting. "

Sounds like you caught Fab on a slow day

shits creek

"I take back what I said and totally understand where women are coming from now I decided to put it to the test made a fake female profile and within minutes I stand on 17 messages and that’s with very little info so I apologise for being an idiot I just think it’s just about playing the waiting game perhaps till someone does find me interesting.

Sounds like you caught Fab on a slow day"

I was just thinking 17 in minutes... fuck me, that's nothing

Evesham

"I take back what I said and totally understand where women are coming from now I decided to put it to the test made a fake female profile and within minutes I stand on 17 messages and that’s with very little info so I apologise for being an idiot I just think it’s just about playing the waiting game perhaps till someone does find me interesting.

"

But I put the bare minimum into there’s no photos not really detailing what I’m looking for. Just a quick 5 minute profile I made and it’s crazy

This is your thread op started by you accusing fellow fabbers of being rude.

Over twenty posts on your thread before you deemed it polite to offer a singlular response therefore approaching fab by your set of flawed rules are you not indeed “rude” yourself???

You are entitled to nothing on here and indeed IRL so best of luck and enjoy that lovely long weekend of not receiving reply’s.

Tony

But I put the bare minimum into there’s no photos not really detailing what I’m looking for. Just a quick 5 minute profile I made and it’s crazy "

Good for you. Quite amazing, isn’t it? As you’ve said, patience. Good luck and enjoy your journey.

[Removed by poster at 30/05/21 14:02:43]

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

"I take back what I said and totally understand where women are coming from now I decided to put it to the test made a fake female profile and within minutes I stand on 17 messages and that’s with very little info so I apologise for being an idiot I just think it’s just about playing the waiting game perhaps till someone does find me interesting. "

That's good of you to say so. I commend you.

I did a similar experiment a few years ago when I was a single man. I started a woman's profile that only said "I am a man" in the text, and had no photos. I was getting messages every few seconds telling me how beautiful I was and what they wanted to do with me, and they clearly didn't read me saying I was not a woman. Luke

Evesham

That's good of you to say so. I commend you.

I did a similar experiment a few years ago when I was a single man. I started a woman's profile that only said "I am a man" in the text, and had no photos. I was getting messages every few seconds telling me how beautiful I was and what they wanted to do with me, and they clearly didn't read me saying I was not a woman. Luke "

Yea I just deleted the profile as it made my point perfectly clear you don’t even need to add any photos or even much information and you’ll get bombarded had 41 messages. So it’s a learning curve that yea I get it women aren’t being rude they just get sooo many messages that they don’t have the time to reply to everyone as it would drive them insane I get that now. I just need to try and make my profile maybe stand out from the crowd but no idea how I’m gonna go about.

Evesham

But I put the bare minimum into there’s no photos not really detailing what I’m looking for. Just a quick 5 minute profile I made and it’s crazy

Good for you. Quite amazing, isn’t it? As you’ve said, patience. Good luck and enjoy your journey."

Yea maybe a new area might help as I’m due to move soon hopefully so might create a new profile for when I move but still have this one. You’re a wise person so thank you for your input.

Evesham

Thank you to everyone who posted in this forum post I have learnt a important lesson that women have a lot to deal with on here and you have to be bringing something pretty good to the table to get noticed.

[Removed by poster at 30/05/21 14:11:03]

By *hitebloodcellMan  over a year ago

London

"One major flaw in your "advice".

"

I think that your profile shows that you have both a good sense of humour and way with words

You’ve made a good start here, by admitting your mistake and understanding what it’s like on the other side. Stay around and show your personality here, in the Forum.

Evesham

Yea I think I’ll do that maybe get more involved in the forum to try and see what I’m missing

By *ovelaughliveCouple  over a year ago

Oldham

And sometimes you try being polite and reply to say not for us and get a load of abuse back!!

Evesham

"And sometimes you try being polite and reply to say not for us and get a load of abuse back!! "

Yea which isn’t acceptable I hate that people do that

By *rs-sensual-meWoman  over a year ago

gwynedd

when I set this new account up I had nearly 400 messages in less than an hour. Like you,I had no photos no write up but I was oh so beautiful and they was desperate to meet me. But then once I said thanks but no I was all the bitches/sluts/whores. Offered money etc. Not pleasant to go through.

By *ovelaughliveCouple  over a year ago

Oldham

"And sometimes you try being polite and reply to say not for us and get a load of abuse back!!

Yea which isn’t acceptable I hate that people do that "

We can't all find everybody our type, were a polite couple who will message back even just to say thanks for your message but you're not what were looking for at the min, the amount of messages we've had back on the lines of thank god for that just realised you're a fat cow is unreal!!

» Add a new message to this topic