FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Brief history of OUR country!!

Brief history of OUR country!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *thwalescpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

brecon

Right, all the following is historical FACT, so read and weep englisher pig-dogs!!

Before 1066, Britian was inhabited mostly by Celtic tribes, mostly peace-loving and friendly.

Then at Hastings in 1066 a bunch of cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys (hereafter known as the Norman french) invaded.

Thet quickly pushed the celts North, (Scotland) and West (Wales and cornwall). When they tried to move into Wales and Scotland, the (by now very pissed off!!) Celts decided to make a stand.

This stand-off went on for a few hundred years, and then the Normans decided they wanted to take Wales (by this time the Irish had island hopped into Scotland and wiped out most of the remaining Celts there). They invaded Wales, and set about trying to wipe out the Celts, often by killing entire villages, women, children and the old too.

On occassion, monks would follow the armies around, and documented that the Norman knights(in armour, on horseback) often outnumbered the Celts (on foot, with basic weapons) by 4 or 6 to 1, and on one notable occassion 10 to 1, and still they got their butts kicked!!

Wales was NEVER conquered, the Normans built huge castles to live in when they came here and could never live freely without getting slaughtered.

Your flag (cross of Saint George) is from the city state of Genoa, brought to london and hung over their shops by genoaes money-lenders as a way of avoiding paying taxes, so its a flag of convienience for criminals.

Wales was never conquered, we even had to be INVITED to join the Union (U.K.) as you couldnt force us!!!

These facts are not taught fully in history lessons as it doesnt fit with the percieved view of the english as a "civilised" nation.

IR GYMRU!!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Thats all good and well but where does all your money come from

Well well I never had you down as a patriot lol ....

well i hope you feel better for that and thanks for sharin!! always good to get a bit of culture that doesnt involve yoghurts!

i would give you the scottish version but after havin to do an essay on thatcherism im feelin a bit ill as it is!!

is it true the guys shag sheep though?

I'm not saying I believe it like, but you know, it's often said.

"is it true the guys shag sheep though?

I'm not saying I believe it like, but you know, it's often said. "

A naughty welsh girl or a sheep ... what do you think?

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

So what about that red haired windbag who was supposed to cut corruption in the E.U. and he and his family were well 'paid'. He managed to sack the whistleblower. Reminds me of an old rhyme about Beef.

By *lirty14uMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

So... I'm guessing your from our little western colony then..?

zzzzzzzzzzz

Milton Keynes

"zzzzzzzzzzz"

Is that Welsh??

brecon

"Thats all good and well but where does all your money come from "

Well, before you lot spoilt things, we had real metal money (before you!), our own parliament (before you!) laws laid down on paper (before you, see a pattern emerging?) two universities (before.....oh, I guess you get the picture!!), dont forget, we are talking history here, not modern day!!

"zzzzzzzzzzz

Is that Welsh??"

I just googled it and it means "fuck off you red nosed twat"

"zzzzzzzzzzz

Is that Welsh??"

NO! would you like lessons in one of europes oldest tongues?

"zzzzzzzzzzz

Is that Welsh??

I just googled it and it means "fuck off you red nosed twat" "

*whistles*

brecon

"zzzzzzzzzzz

Is that Welsh??"

Nope silly boy, its boredom.

At least we have a language that goes back thousands of years and is virtually unchanged, whereas yours is a mixture of Italian, Latin, German and french..... Cynach yr bant!!

"Thats all good and well but where does all your money come from

Well, before you lot spoilt things, we had real metal money (before you!), our own parliament (before you!) laws laid down on paper (before you, see a pattern emerging?) two universities (before.....oh, I guess you get the picture!!), dont forget, we are talking history here, not modern day!! "

So considering we never invaded, never conquered etc and you had it so good how did it all go so horribly wrong

Whens Bob Geldof gonna do a concert for the Welsh?... Only joking.Tongue in cheek and all that

Cynach yr bant!! oooh you said a naughty word lol

Milton Keynes

"zzzzzzzzzzz

Is that Welsh??

NO! would you like lessons in one of europes oldest tongues? "

Not if it means being spat on so much.

brecon

I'm not saying I believe it like, but you know, it's often said. "

See, there's that deep seated inferiority complex bubbling to the surface. Its not your fault you are french!

"Whens Bob Geldof gonna do a concert for the Welsh?... Only joking.Tongue in cheek and all that "

Only in cheek? damn! lol

"zzzzzzzzzzz

Is that Welsh??

NO! would you like lessons in one of europes oldest tongues?

Not if it means being spat on so much. "

Ahhhh! ignorance must be bliss

Milton Keynes

"a bunch of cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys..."

You're not a Welsh version of Al Murray are you?

brecon

Well, before you lot spoilt things, we had real metal money (before you!), our own parliament (before you!) laws laid down on paper (before you, see a pattern emerging?) two universities (before.....oh, I guess you get the picture!!), dont forget, we are talking history here, not modern day!!

So considering we never invaded, never conquered etc and you had it so good how did it all go so horribly wrong "

Well, it was all the fault of the french... again lol!

Owain Glyndwr.... the last true Prince of Wales, fought the "english", and asked the true french nobility to help him with men and money. They promised to, but betrayed him (why am I not surprised?)

brecon

"Whens Bob Geldof gonna do a concert for the Welsh?... Only joking.Tongue in cheek and all that

Only in cheek? damn! lol"

For "tongue in cheek" read... "hasn't got the bottle to admit its what he really thinks"

Milton Keynes

a bunch of ***always late*** cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys...

brecon

""a bunch of cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys..."

You're not a Welsh version of Al Murray are you? "

Ah, a man after my own heart.... a patriot, even if he doesnt know his history lol!!

[Removed by poster at 20/10/09 21:44:37]

"a bunch of ***always late*** cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys..."

sheesh!

So considering we never invaded, never conquered etc and you had it so good how did it all go so horribly wrong

Owain Glyndwr.... the last true Prince of Wales, fought the "english", and asked the true french nobility to help him with men and money. They promised to, but betrayed him (why am I not surprised?) "

I suspect that having visited, the French came to the conclusion that there was feck all worth having so made the smart financial move and did a runner, only a thought tho

Menston near Ilkley

.....and as for Caer Caradoc its in England. Well Shropshire.lol

brecon

"well i hope you feel better for that and thanks for sharin!! always good to get a bit of culture that doesnt involve yoghurts!

i would give you the scottish version but after havin to do an essay on thatcherism im feelin a bit ill as it is!! "

Hate to rain on your parade hun but....

William Wallace?....... half Welsh..... TRUE!

Robert the Bruce..... quarter Welsh..... TRUE!!

Modern "scottish" people? Irish decent..... TRUE!!!

Sorry!!

cheese eatin surrender monkeys? was that no used by groundskeeper willie in the simpsons??

Owain Glyndwr.... the last true Prince of Wales, fought the "english", and asked the true french nobility to help him with men and money. They promised to, but betrayed him (why am I not surprised?)

I suspect that having visited, the French came to the conclusion that there was feck all worth having so made the smart financial move and did a runner, only a thought tho "

Which also probably explains why we never really bothered

Owain Glyndwr.... the last true Prince of Wales, fought the "english", and asked the true french nobility to help him with men and money. They promised to, but betrayed him (why am I not surprised?) "

Poor old Glyndwr fled to England where he lived the rest of his life in an English castle in luxury whilst his kin starved and lived horribly at the hands of their own land owners..Who were mainly Welsh themselfs... So ner ner back at ya...

brecon

I suspect that having visited, the French came to the conclusion that there was feck all worth having so made the smart financial move and did a runner, only a thought tho "

Nothing worth having.... like gold mines, lush valleys, crystal clear waters, and miles of perfect coastline?

TUT tut, methinks you are clutching at straws?

Menston near Ilkley

Poor old Glyndwr fled to England where he lived the rest of his life in an English castle in luxury whilst his kin starved and lived horribly at the hands of their own land owners..Who were mainly Welsh themselfs... So ner ner back at ya..."

He must be related to Kinnock then?

"well i hope you feel better for that and thanks for sharin!! always good to get a bit of culture that doesnt involve yoghurts!

i would give you the scottish version but after havin to do an essay on thatcherism im feelin a bit ill as it is!!

Sorry!!"

so basically everyone that got beaten had welsh genetics????

didnt think dna tests were around in those days....

oh and for arguements case moi 1/4 scots 1/4 irish 1/4 spanish 1/4 polish

no snp for me or bnp ,..... il just go pack my bags just now and start my own wee colony lol! xxx

its an interestin thread and good to seee other nations viewpoints and history x

brecon

I suspect that having visited, the French came to the conclusion that there was feck all worth having so made the smart financial move and did a runner, only a thought tho

Nothing worth having.... like gold mines, lush valleys, crystal clear waters, and miles of perfect coastline?

TUT tut, methinks you are clutching at straws?"

AND I dont think they would have tried for 4 hundred years if there wasnt anything worth having? I know the french are stupid, but surely not that dull?

Hmmm, or maybe .... lol

Dear me I'm off to the cilmeri stone .... heathens telling us about our history now lol ... anyone read the blue books lately?

brecon

Sorry!!

no snp for me or bnp ,..... il just go pack my bags just now and start my own wee colony lol! xxx

its an interestin thread and good to seee other nations viewpoints and history x"

Beaten?

Well, yes, I guess you are correct....... but why did they try if they knew they were massively outnumbered, with no chance of success?

Cos they had balls!!!

TUT tut, methinks you are clutching at straws?"

I know but look at it now, maybe us and the French had a bit more vision than you are giving us credit for

Sorry!!

its an interestin thread and good to seee other nations viewpoints and history x

Beaten?

Well, yes, I guess you are correct....... but why did they try if they knew they were massively outnumbered, with no chance of success?

Cos they had balls!!! "

obviousley that was the scottish bit lol xx

Sorry!!

Beaten?

Cos they had balls!!! "

With mint sauce on...Yum...

brecon

Poor old Glyndwr fled to England where he lived the rest of his life in an English castle in luxury whilst his kin starved and lived horribly at the hands of their own land owners..Who were mainly Welsh themselfs... So ner ner back at ya...

He must be related to Kinnock then?"

You know that for a fact?

Cos historians the world over would love to know where he lived and where he is buried..... guess you must be cleverer than all of them then!!

A naughty welsh girl or a sheep ... what do you think? "

I know what I would choose, but we're not all the same.

or marmite......

Cos historians the world over would love to know where he lived and where he is buried..... guess you must be cleverer than all of them then!!"

Dr K W West of Cambridge University no less...My Uncle...Ooooooo!

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

I know what I would choose, but we're not all the same. "

Well a choice between Serens and the sheep - that would be a REALLY hard decision - but think Serens wins by a hair....;) xx

brecon

I know but look at it now, maybe us and the French had a bit more vision than you are giving us credit for "

"Us and the french"...??? YOU are french, just seperated by a few hundred years of history!!

And we still have gold mines, lush valleys, crystal clear waters and miles of unspoilt coastline, DESPITE the englishers efforts to screw it all up!!!

I know what I would choose, but we're not all the same. "

Oh that is soooooo true

all this where we come from is a bit crappy imo, history is great to learn from and it's about time we started learning instead of trying to live for the past.

we are all humans living on planet earth regardless of which small corner we apparently come from.

Well a choice between Serens and the sheep - that would be a REALLY hard decision - but think Serens wins by a hair....;) xx"

Thank you babes .... baaaa

Oh that is soooooo true "

Don;t try to tell me you have EVER been turned down, if so then that must be about sexuality.

brecon

Cos historians the world over would love to know where he lived and where he is buried..... guess you must be cleverer than all of them then!!

Dr K W West of Cambridge University no less...My Uncle...Ooooooo! "

Well best you tell the rest of the world then, cos every book i have read loses track of Glyndwr not long after the Mid 1400's.

The book most of the info comes from was written by a guy (well known to me and a top bloke) who lectured on WELSH history at the Sorbonne in Paris, and has spent about 30 years researching the subject. He had access to historical documents fromn the french court of the time, as well as access to lots of stuff in the UK that many people never get to see.

Oh that is soooooo true

Don;t try to tell me you have EVER been turned down, if so then that must be about sexuality. "

I honestly have no idea what you are on about hun .... but I am laughing my ass off here lol

brecon

Well a choice between Serens and the sheep - that would be a REALLY hard decision - but think Serens wins by a hair....;) xx

Thank you babes .... baaaa "

Well, having met serens up close, I can honestly say no sheep would get a second look.

Well, perhaps that sexy one over there might be a fall-back if serens gives me the knock-back lol!!

Oh that is soooooo true

Don;t try to tell me you have EVER been turned down, if so then that must be about sexuality.

I honestly have no idea what you are on about hun .... but I am laughing my ass off here lol "

I'm sucking up to you, though I would see if it actually works, I'm saying I don't believe you would ever be turned down (a shag, lol), and stated this after you agreed we are all different which lead me to believe you was suggesting you had been turned down.

I'm creeping.

brecon

Oh that is soooooo true

I honestly have no idea what you are on about hun .... but I am laughing my ass off here lol "

Hun, he means the bloke that turns you down must be gay.

Well, having met serens up close, I can honestly say no sheep would get a second look.

Well, perhaps that sexy one over there might be a fall-back if serens gives me the knock-back lol!!"

Bites galore tonight lol xx

Oh that is soooooo true

I honestly have no idea what you are on about hun .... but I am laughing my ass off here lol

Hun, he means the bloke that turns you down must be gay."

In short, yeah that's it.

Thank you.

Oh that is soooooo true

I'm sucking up to you, though I would see if it actually works, I'm saying I don't believe you would ever be turned down (a shag, lol), and stated this after you agreed we are all different which lead me to believe you was suggesting you had been turned down.

I'm creeping. "

Ah gotcha lol .... sorry I've been posting here and watching fawlty towers too lol

Well, perhaps that sexy one over there might be a fall-back if serens gives me the knock-back lol!!

Bites galore tonight lol xx"

Who's biting me

Who's biting me "

Not you miss, but fun is being had

Milton Keynes

Well, as long as Wales keeps producing lasses like Mrs Serens2, they are welcome to be as patriotic as they like!

Who's biting me

Not you miss, but fun is being had "

Aw shame ill just shut the door behind me then

I know but look at it now, maybe us and the French had a bit more vision than you are giving us credit for

"Us and the french"...??? YOU are french, just seperated by a few hundred years of history!!

And we still have gold mines, lush valleys, crystal clear waters and miles of unspoilt coastline, DESPITE the englishers efforts to screw it all up!!!"

Now seriously confused, lived on Angelsey for 2 years, relatives in Bangor, holidayed in the south, visited Cardiff and Newport and whilst I would fully agree with some of what you say perhaps thats a slightly rose tinted outlook you have there

By *ricky_DickyMan  over a year ago

Mirfield

How tedious, my country is better than your country, your like feckin kids in the playground.

We after all originated from the same part of Africa millenia ago. Why can't we all just get along.

Might be tricky dicky

"How tedious, my country is better than your country, your like feckin kids in the playground.

We after all originated from the same part of Africa millenia ago. Why can't we all just get along."

Not if you believe the theory of tandem evolution of man in Asia as well as Africa

"How tedious, my country is better than your country, your like feckin kids in the playground.

We after all originated from the same part of Africa millenia ago. Why can't we all just get along."

Just a theory that mate, no real proof.

but you are right that we all originate from the same place, the world!!

Make luv not war yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha

I knew there had to be a reason why the welsh were so crap at footie.

"Well, as long as Wales keeps producing lasses like Mrs Serens2, they are welcome to be as patriotic as they like! "

Now that's better lol x

I fear you may have spectactularly missed the satire in all this hun

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

the norman french did indeed invade in 1066 , but prior to that we were invaded by the romans in 54AD

in due course they defeated the celtic tribes lead by bodica in st albans

they then subsequently defeated the welsh and made good use of there gold mines

at around this time scotland was under constant attack by the vikings and have a very long history of colonisation

in the 5th century we had further invasion by the saxons from now eastern germany

so wales was in fact conquered , and the romans called it DEMETAE

i dont blame the welsh students for getting it wrong as every nation teaches its students with a very heavy political slant in it own favour and the students must find it very difficult to understand the welsh language jibber jabber

your use of the phrase " pig dogs " would suggest to me that theres more german in you than norsk , or italian , or indeed the ancient britain celtic blood line

if one was to talk about facts , the fact is the stock of the british isles is now made up of a group mongrels , a bastard race ........... i do of course include myself in that catergory

am i of french , german , norsk , italian , or indeed romany gipsy stock ? or perhaps a melting pot of all the above

well unless i have a DNA test i wont know

but the same applies to you , but be carefull about your welsh gingoism as you might find that your great great great great grandad came from the ivory coast ........... yaki da

We after all originated from the same part of Africa millenia ago. Why can't we all just get along.

I fear you may have spectactularly missed the satire in all this hun "

Exactly miss, not a nasty word has been traded and it's all been good natured banter

My ribs are killing me

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Robert the Bruce was actualy victorious not beaten, and Scotland remained independent till they were sold out by the greed of the Scottish nobles (as greedy as todays politicians)otherwise known as quizzlings and it was a union of the crowns not an English victory over the Scots the ubion flag has the flag of all the UK nations on it and it is a British flag not an english flag as some folk think and as for money if it wasnt for north sea oil Britian would be in an far worse state than it is today.

well i guess leaving school at 14 didnt do me no harm,

"My ribs are killing me "

As are mine, all my mums side are from Wales, all my dads side are from Scotland and I am just enjoying the word play

"Robert the Bruce was actualy victorious not beaten, and Scotland remained independent till they were sold out by the greed of the Scottish nobles (as greedy as todays politicians)otherwise known as quizzlings and it was a union of the crowns not an English victory over the Scots the ubion flag has the flag of all the UK nations on it and it is a British flag not an english flag as some folk think and as for money if it wasnt for north sea oil Britian would be in an far worse state than it is today."

I thought all the oil money from OFFSHORE went on health care for the tab smoking lard eating inhabitants of north of the border??

"Robert the Bruce was actualy victorious not beaten, and Scotland remained independent till they were sold out by the greed of the Scottish nobles (as greedy as todays politicians)otherwise known as quizzlings and it was a union of the crowns not an English victory over the Scots the ubion flag has the flag of all the UK nations on it and it is a British flag not an english flag as some folk think and as for money if it wasnt for north sea oil Britian would be in an far worse state than it is today."

Wales is not represented on the union flag hence I do not recognise it ... they would say we are represented by the cross of st george but that would be due to an illegal act of union ... sorry couldn't resist

The fact is that many celts were impregnated by the Normans and Saxons. The only ones pure are the ginners!

"The fact is that many celts were impregnated by the Normans and Saxons. The only ones pure are the ginners! "

Ginners! I prefer wine lol

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

i,ll second that , its all in good fun

wont open this thread again as it takes 15 minutes to get to the bottom on this slow connection

central scotland

sorry serens you are right Wales is not on it as it was not a kingdom.

And I thinkthere are tab eating smoking junkies in all parts of the UK or am I wrong about that ? enlighten me please.

By *herokee18Couple  over a year ago

Carlisle

you got a problem with the Normans? I am of Norman descent and am still sword fighting you english

MM sheep !! edge of a cliff ,and then they will push back ,must remember my wellies ,

By *herokee18Couple  over a year ago

Carlisle

Sorry forgot and the Welsh!

"sorry serens you are right Wales is not on it as it was not a kingdom.

And I thinkthere are tab eating smoking junkies in all parts of the UK or am I wrong about that ? enlighten me please."

Nothing to do with kingdoms .... an illegal act of union in 1536 annexed wales into england .... as for tab eating smoking junkies ... please enlighten me

central scotland

It was in part answer to Saucy Fairies reference to tab smoking lard eating inhabitnts north of the border I just elaborated a wee bit.

"It was in part answer to Saucy Fairies reference to tab smoking lard eating inhabitnts north of the border I just elaborated a wee bit.

"

Ah I see lol ... nothing wrong with the scots

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

What a side splitting thread here! But at the end of it all we are Great Britain.

The queen as far as I know is sovereign of both Wales and Scotland. The Price of Wales is………..fuck you can have him. The duke of Edinburgh is………..Arr well all I can say is HA HA HA HA (in a Nelson Munt aka Simpsons style) We dumped our lame royals on you lot…..

well maggie put paid to that!! she took the revenue from north sea oil to stabilise the economy after destroyin the manufacturing industry and look at the mess we in now because of it!!

Feck all wrong with Maggie, best we have had in a very long while

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Feck all wrong with Maggie, best we have had in a very long while "
the lady is not for turning

"Feck all wrong with Maggie, best we have had in a very long while "

Nothing wrong that a small nuclear device wouldn't put right lol .... thatcher is universally despised in the valleys

"Feck all wrong with Maggie, best we have had in a very long while

Nothing wrong that a small nuclear device wouldn't put right lol .... thatcher is universally despised in the valleys "

She is universally despised in a lot of places does not change the fact that she was the best this country has seen in a long long while

"Right, all the following is historical FACT, so read and weep englisher pig-dogs!!

Before 1066, Britian was inhabited mostly by Celtic tribes, mostly peace-loving and friendly.

Then at Hastings in 1066 a bunch of cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys (hereafter known as the Norman french) invaded.

Thet quickly pushed the celts North, (Scotland) and West (Wales and cornwall). When they tried to move into Wales and Scotland, the (by now very pissed off!!) Celts decided to make a stand.

This stand-off went on for a few hundred years, and then the Normans decided they wanted to take Wales (by this time the Irish had island hopped into Scotland and wiped out most of the remaining Celts there). They invaded Wales, and set about trying to wipe out the Celts, often by killing entire villages, women, children and the old too.

On occassion, monks would follow the armies around, and documented that the Norman knights(in armour, on horseback) often outnumbered the Celts (on foot, with basic weapons) by 4 or 6 to 1, and on one notable occassion 10 to 1, and still they got their butts kicked!!

Wales was NEVER conquered, the Normans built huge castles to live in when they came here and could never live freely without getting slaughtered.

Your flag (cross of Saint George) is from the city state of Genoa, brought to london and hung over their shops by genoaes money-lenders as a way of avoiding paying taxes, so its a flag of convienience for criminals.

Wales was never conquered, we even had to be INVITED to join the Union (U.K.) as you couldnt force us!!!

These facts are not taught fully in history lessons as it doesnt fit with the percieved view of the english as a "civilised" nation.

IR GYMRU!!"

As an archaeologist and ancient/medieval/military historian i have to say this 'history' is not true at all!!!!!

Nothing wrong that a small nuclear device wouldn't put right lol .... thatcher is universally despised in the valleys

She is universally despised in a lot of places does not change the fact that she was the best this country has seen in a long long while "

I like you mr bonks but I have to disagree .... she destroyed communities ... manufacturing ... the mining industry ... I can't go on cos I'll only feel ....

"Right, all the following is historical FACT, so read and weep englisher pig-dogs!!

IR GYMRU!!

As an archaeologist and ancient/medieval/military historian i have to say this 'history' is not true at all!!!!! "

Archaeology is fascinating ... history is full of lies, some of the worst being in the blue books regarding the industrial revolution ... have a google x

I have to confess to actually getting a stiffy over Mrs Thatcher years ago...

I'm nothing if not honest lol..

She was Awsome.... till she wasn't!

More balls than any other pm.. good or bad you remembered her lol..

She is universally despised in a lot of places does not change the fact that she was the best this country has seen in a long long while

I like you mr bonks but I have to disagree .... she destroyed communities ... manufacturing ... the mining industry ... I can't go on cos I'll only feel .... "

I agree with some of what you say but she also gave folk like my parents the chance to own their own home. She will always be blamed for destruction of, but very few will ever accept their own part in the winds of change.

I also like you and very much admire your style and type of posting so shall we shake hands and agree to disagree as I suspect you will hate the sight of a grown man crying

I like you mr bonks but I have to disagree .... she destroyed communities ... manufacturing ... the mining industry ... I can't go on cos I'll only feel ....

I agree with some of what you say but she also gave folk like my parents the chance to own their own home. She will always be blamed for destruction of, but very few will ever accept their own part in the winds of change.

I also like you and very much admire your style and type of posting so shall we shake hands and agree to disagree as I suspect you will hate the sight of a grown man crying "

I don't shake hands I prefer a cwtch in agreeing to disagree ... err! I think

I also like you and very much admire your style and type of posting so shall we shake hands and agree to disagree as I suspect you will hate the sight of a grown man crying

I don't shake hands I prefer a cwtch in agreeing to disagree ... err! I think "

If thats what I think it is, and even if it's not it gets my vote every time

[Removed by poster at 21/10/09 17:02:25]

We hearded the Welsh women into Wales to make Swinging easier...

Having the sexy fookers strewn all over the place was just plain madness..

Before 1066, Britian was inhabited mostly by Celtic tribes, mostly peace-loving and friendly."

Before 1066 England was made up of Anglo-Saxons (with ever growing Viking incursions) and NOT Celtic tribes as the op states. In fact the Anglo-Saxons had ruled England for around 500 years before the Normans invaded. The Romans were the ones who had virtually eliminated many of the Celtic traditions by wiping out the Druids in Anglesey .

"Then at Hastings in 1066 a bunch of cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys (hereafter known as the Norman french) invaded.

Thet quickly pushed the celts North, (Scotland) and West (Wales and cornwall). When they tried to move into Wales and Scotland, the (by now very pissed off!!) Celts decided to make a stand. "

The Normans didn't push any Celts anywhere because the Celtic peoples were no longer prevalent in what we know as England. And what is a Celt? The word Celt derives from the Ancient Greeks who called anyone none Greek as Keltoi. People who live in Wales/Ireland/Scotland often call themselves Celtic but the ancient Celts are long gone and what we perceive as being Celtic is in fact a modern reinvention. Even the Celtic knot is actually Germanic in origin and not Celtic.

"This stand-off went on for a few hundred years, and then the Normans decided they wanted to take Wales (by this time the Irish had island hopped into Scotland and wiped out most of the remaining Celts there). They invaded Wales, and set about trying to wipe out the Celts, often by killing entire villages, women, children and the old too.

"

The Normans as a separate people existed until 1204 when the French invaded and took Normandy. By this time the Normans in England were already classed as English and the Normans in Normandy became French.

What sources have you got for the troop numbers as they are vastly incorrect. To begin with the majority of the Norman army were foot soldiers and so the idea most were cavalry is plain wrong. The Welsh armies were also armoured and had excellent weaponry, such as the much feared longbow. And to be honest the Norman Armies never outnumbered any Welsh field army by those amounts and often fought against larger enemy armies.

There was a series of Norman and English military incursions into Wales which in fact became more of a stalemate than a outright victory for either side. Edward I began the building of castles to control the areas of importance and along the English/Welsh border, which worked to control the territory but not defeat the Welsh as a people. However, we must not forget many Welsh fought alongside the English against the Welsh and also against their fellow ‘Celts’ the Scots and Irish. The Welsh Longbow was perhaps the greatest weapon in the Medieval world until the advent of fire arms and the Welsh mercenary was widely sought after and copied. And the hymn ’Men of Harlot’ that is sung by the Welsh is actually an English song written to celebrate the English victory over the Welsh!

Also the Irish who invaded and settled in Pictavia land were called the Scotti who later gave Scotland it’s name had already done this some time before in the late 5th century, so your time frames are way off!

"Your flag (cross of Saint George) is from the city state of Genoa, brought to london and hung over their shops by genoaes money-lenders as a way of avoiding paying taxes, so its a flag of convienience for criminals."

Again not true and I would urge anyone to look at something like wikipaedia for a better description of the St George Cross origin theories.

"These facts are not taught fully in history lessons as it doesnt fit with the percieved view of the english as a "civilised" nation."

These ‘facts’ are not taught in schools because there all blatantly wrong.

Problem with wikipedia Gothica is I believe pretty much anyone can add to it, so often incorrect.

Don't get me wrong I don't know for a fact but it has been mentioned to me several times by several people.

"She is universally despised in a lot of places does not change the fact that she was the best this country has seen in a long long while

I also like you and very much admire your style and type of posting so shall we shake hands and agree to disagree as I suspect you will hate the sight of a grown man crying "

I love most of what she did.. Not all but as a woman who gave the country self respect again.. and like you say many the chance to escape poverty and 'own' something she was awsome..

Ok.. selling us back what we already owned was a tad naughty..

I'd shake your hand anytime.. (assuming you washed it first lol)

I think over time we have learned much from each other.. and about each other..

I know I have...

"Problem with wikipedia Gothica is I believe pretty much anyone can add to it, so often incorrect.

Don't get me wrong I don't know for a fact but it has been mentioned to me several times by several people."

Wiki gives people a chance to see the St George Flag origin theories...no one can say what is rightly or wrongly where it came from but it's better to read the theories than the rubbish written on here!

"Problem with wikipedia Gothica is I believe pretty much anyone can add to it, so often incorrect.

Don't get me wrong I don't know for a fact but it has been mentioned to me several times by several people.

Wiki gives people a chance to see the St George Flag origin theories...no one can say what is rightly or wrongly where it came from but it's better to read the theories than the rubbish written on here!"

Good point well put.

how did i know u were goin to say that........... oohh u r a devil lol xx

"how did i know u were goin to say that........... oohh u r a devil lol xx "

What a nice spankable bum you have lol

aww thanks lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I thought wales was a principlity and not a country

brecon

Before 1066 England was made up of Anglo-Saxons (with ever growing Viking incursions) and NOT Celtic tribes as the op states. In fact the Anglo-Saxons had ruled England for around 500 years before the Normans invaded. The Romans were the ones who had virtually eliminated many of the Celtic traditions by wiping out the Druids in Anglesey .

The Normans didn't push any Celts anywhere because the Celtic peoples were no longer prevalent in what we know as England. And what is a Celt? The word Celt derives from the Ancient Greeks who called anyone none Greek as Keltoi. People who live in Wales/Ireland/Scotland often call themselves Celtic but the ancient Celts are long gone and what we perceive as being Celtic is in fact a modern reinvention. Even the Celtic knot is actually Germanic in origin and not Celtic.

The Normans as a separate people existed until 1204 when the French invaded and took Normandy. By this time the Normans in England were already classed as English and the Normans in Normandy became French.

What sources have you got for the troop numbers as they are vastly incorrect. To begin with the majority of the Norman army were foot soldiers and so the idea most were cavalry is plain wrong. The Welsh armies were also armoured and had excellent weaponry, such as the much feared longbow. And to be honest the Norman Armies never outnumbered any Welsh field army by those amounts and often fought against larger enemy armies.

There was a series of Norman and English military incursions into Wales which in fact became more of a stalemate than a outright victory for either side. Edward I began the building of castles to control the areas of importance and along the English/Welsh border, which worked to control the territory but not defeat the Welsh as a people. However, we must not forget many Welsh fought alongside the English against the Welsh and also against their fellow ‘Celts’ the Scots and Irish. The Welsh Longbow was perhaps the greatest weapon in the Medieval world until the advent of fire arms and the Welsh mercenary was widely sought after and copied. And the hymn ’Men of Harlot’ that is sung by the Welsh is actually an English song written to celebrate the English victory over the Welsh!

Also the Irish who invaded and settled in Pictavia land were called the Scotti who later gave Scotland it’s name had already done this some time before in the late 5th century, so your time frames are way off!

Again not true and I would urge anyone to look at something like wikipaedia for a better description of the St George Cross origin theories.

These ‘facts’ are not taught in schools because there all blatantly wrong. "

"Men of Harlot". . . . actually its "Men of Harlech" !!

These ‘facts’ are not taught in schools because there all blatantly wrong. "

Colonialist Oh and the blue books? less further back in history but always relevant in how history lies I believe .... apart from that how's you lol x

"Men of Harlot". . . . actually its "Men of Harlech" !!"

Damn that spell checker!

brecon

Damn that spell checker! "

Perhaps it was a freudian slip?

Colonialist Oh and the blue books? less further back in history but always relevant in how history lies I believe .... apart from that how's you lol x"

I'm fine thank you sexy...apart from people making up history lol. Hows you? Being naughty as usual i'd guess

Damn that spell checker!

Perhaps it was a freudian slip?"

Guess it was something on my mind at the time lol

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

history of any kind is like any thing else in life,subjective, and usually taken from a single persons veiwpoint,or from books written by the singular, ergo it's one persons account on that particular era,for us in the present, we have to rely on the writing's left by those from the past, if you took 1000 people who took part in any of the two world wars and asked each of them to write a comentry on their recolections of what took place you would have 1000 differening accounts even if the 1000 were all fighting in the same paces at the same time, thats because we all recount things as we as an individual see's at the time, so history as in the kind we realte to from books is just one persons perspective on that time

"I thought wales was a principlity and not a country"

It's actually both ... Before the 13th century wales had various native princes as opposed to a king, after that all princes of wales were sons of english monarchs hence the term principality as opposed to country.

"history of any kind is like any thing else in life,subjective, and usually taken from a single persons veiwpoint,or from books written by the singular, ergo it's one persons account on that particular era,for us in the present, we have to rely on the writing's left by those from the past, if you took 1000 people who took part in any of the two world wars and asked each of them to write a comentry on their recolections of what took place you would have 1000 differening accounts even if the 1000 were all fighting in the same paces at the same time, thats because we all recount things as we as an individual see's at the time, so history as in the kind we realte to from books is just one persons perspective on that time "

Yes, that's true to a point. The job of the archaeologist and historian is to take objects, written records, landscapes, buildings etc and piece together what happened. On there own alot of the written records have to be viewed with suspicion but please give the professional historian credit for knowing his craft and being able to delve deeply into a subject and form a near accurate picture of the past. We are always finding new things that give ever more support to established theories and sometimes things are found (such as the recent Saxon hoard) that makes us re-think certain aspects of what we already know. However, the vast majority of things that we know about the past are correct and making up alternative histories is just wrong. Nationalism is one aspect that can often distort history because people have a need to link themselves to past historical events and figures but it doesn't make that viewpoint correct!

"history of any kind is like any thing else in life,subjective, and usually taken from a single persons veiwpoint,or from books written by the singular, ergo it's one persons account on that particular era,for us in the present, we have to rely on the writing's left by those from the past, if you took 1000 people who took part in any of the two world wars and asked each of them to write a comentry on their recolections of what took place you would have 1000 differening accounts even if the 1000 were all fighting in the same paces at the same time, thats because we all recount things as we as an individual see's at the time, so history as in the kind we realte to from books is just one persons perspective on that time

Yes, that's true to a point. The job of the archaeologist and historian is to take objects, written records, landscapes, buildings etc and piece together what happened. On there own alot of the written records have to be viewed with suspicion but please give the professional historian credit for knowing his craft and being able to delve deeply into a subject and form a near accurate picture of the past. We are always finding new things that give ever more support to established theories and sometimes things are found (such as the recent Saxon hoard) that makes us re-think certain aspects of what we already know. However, the vast majority of things that we know about the past are correct and making up alternative histories is just wrong. Nationalism is one aspect that can often distort history because people have a need to link themselves to past historical events and figures but it doesn't make that viewpoint correct! "

Fair point goth hun, but isn't that true of all countries? including those that inhabit these islands? the various conquests, the british empire, the romans etc etc ... weren't these islands all once part of a single land mass before techtonic plates took a hand? bit of a tangent there but you get my drift I'm sure

clacton on sea

"history of any kind is like any thing else in life,subjective, and usually taken from a single persons veiwpoint,or from books written by the singular, ergo it's one persons account on that particular era,for us in the present, we have to rely on the writing's left by those from the past, if you took 1000 people who took part in any of the two world wars and asked each of them to write a comentry on their recolections of what took place you would have 1000 differening accounts even if the 1000 were all fighting in the same paces at the same time, thats because we all recount things as we as an individual see's at the time, so history as in the kind we realte to from books is just one persons perspective on that time

Yes, that's true to a point. The job of the archaeologist and historian is to take objects, written records, landscapes, buildings etc and piece together what happened. On there own alot of the written records have to be viewed with suspicion but please give the professional historian credit for knowing his craft and being able to delve deeply into a subject and form a near accurate picture of the past. We are always finding new things that give ever more support to established theories and sometimes things are found (such as the recent Saxon hoard) that makes us re-think certain aspects of what we already know. However, the vast majority of things that we know about the past are correct and making up alternative histories is just wrong. Nationalism is one aspect that can often distort history because people have a need to link themselves to past historical events and figures but it doesn't make that viewpoint correct! "

that was my point entirely, we as brittian's are of a mixed race, both genetically and cultural too, i'm from essex, but my grand parents were from suffolk and norfolk,on my mums side, my fathers were from canada and scotland, so can i really call myself a true englishman, with my family background?i was born in england of parents who were themselves born in england,

but i know with a certain amount of reliability that my mothers grandparents are from saxon stock because they could and did trace their family tree through the church registers and the likes, but my farthers father is of candian stock, who was from french parentage, so where in the gene pool does that put me ?. when i fill out application forms i put british because thats where i was born,but i'm also an aerian as my natural hair colour is blonde and my eyes are blue.

if i am to believe what i read then the truest brit would have redish hair brown eyes and a very pale skin colour, and maybe heaverly freckled too

Yes, that's true to a point. The job of the archaeologist and historian is to take objects, written records, landscapes, buildings etc and piece together what happened. On there own alot of the written records have to be viewed with suspicion but please give the professional historian credit for knowing his craft and being able to delve deeply into a subject and form a near accurate picture of the past. We are always finding new things that give ever more support to established theories and sometimes things are found (such as the recent Saxon hoard) that makes us re-think certain aspects of what we already know. However, the vast majority of things that we know about the past are correct and making up alternative histories is just wrong. Nationalism is one aspect that can often distort history because people have a need to link themselves to past historical events and figures but it doesn't make that viewpoint correct!

that was my point entirely, we as brittian's are of a mixed race, both genetically and cultural too, i'm from essex, but my grand parents were from suffolk and norfolk,on my mums side, my fathers were from canada and scotland, so can i really call myself a true englishman, with my family background?i was born in england of parents who were themselves born in england,

but i know with a certain amount of reliability that my mothers grandparents are from saxon stock because they could and did trace their family tree through the church registers and the likes, but my farthers father is of candian stock, who was from french parentage, so where in the gene pool does that put me ?. when i fill out application forms i put british because thats where i was born,but i'm also an aerian as my natural hair colour is blonde and my eyes are blue.

if i am to believe what i read then the truest brit would have redish hair brown eyes and a very pale skin colour, and maybe heaverly freckled too "

What about big boobs

A lot of very well thought out posts in this thread, and some excellent research and information has been put in here, I agree totally,

Mznwty does have a very nice bum

clacton on sea

if i am to believe what i read then the truest brit would have redish hair brown eyes and a very pale skin colour, and maybe heaverly freckled too

What about big boobs "

sorry i forgot about those as i was preoccupied looking for a cure to my sticky D key

You have a sticky D tou? dirty boy

wa about when ye occupied IRELAND uninvited we think

clacton on sea

"wa about when ye occupied IRELAND uninvited we think "

well i personally didn't occupy ireland, but i think if you recheck the history books the british contingent of northern ireland at the time asked for the british to protect them, remember northern ireland was/is part of the united kingdom and as such falls under the protection of the british

explain to us how the british came to be on the island of ireland to begin with

"A lot of very well thought out posts in this thread, and some excellent research and information has been put in here, I agree totally,

Mznwty does have a very nice bum "

why thank u lol xxx

"explain to us how the british came to be on the island of ireland to begin with"

cause they were lost and cause they were men they wouldnt ask for directions......

clacton on sea

"explain to us how the british came to be on the island of ireland to begin with"

sorry but i'm only 53 not 253 and my knowledge of the ireland situation is solely based on the history books i read at school and i do believe that it stemmed from an incident over potatoe's way back when

"Thats all good and well but where does all your money come from "

from north sea oil revenue....ie from scotland!!!!

Notting

"explain to us how the british came to be on the island of ireland to begin with

cause they were lost and cause they were men they wouldnt ask for directions...... "

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

"explain to us how the british came to be on the island of ireland to begin with

sorry but i'm only 53 not 253 and my knowledge of the ireland situation is solely based on the history books i read at school and i do believe that it stemmed from an incident over potatoe's way back when "

I heard about that .... apparently it was all over spud gun crime

cause they were lost and cause they were men they wouldnt ask for directions......

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA"

At last, the thread is brought under control. Can't have unfettered, serious discussion running amok in the lounge. The manure it leaves behind stains the carpet

[Removed by poster at 21/10/09 20:14:56]

The serious English involvement in Ireland started in the time of the English Reformation.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA"

no sat nav in those days luv!!!

"wa about when ye occupied IRELAND uninvited we think

well i personally didn't occupy ireland, but i think if you recheck the history books the british contingent of northern ireland at the time asked for the british to protect them, remember northern ireland was/is part of the united kingdom and as such falls under the protection of the british "

Northern Ireland is only "British" when it suits! i.e all the british ads (not availabale in northern ireland)

Billy being Northern irish this is like a red rag to a bull..

Notting

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

no sat nav in those days luv!!!"

sat nav shite aswell anyway.....was it deigned by man by any chance???...lol

i think it was lol xxx

central scotland

You certainly got a lot of interest with this one Southwales.As for Maggie that was /is one evil woman and a lot of young men (and other age groups) are in early graves because of her,the fires of hell will be well ablaze when that bitch finally dies and I for one will have a drink that day.

for any working class person to admire her I would say have a look at what she done to you ar your parents she hated the working class as do all Tories, you should be uneducated 7 12 hr shift workers from the age of 12 till you die and the majority of that party will be happy.

Oh and by the way labour are not much better now as they are totalu out of touch.

central scotland

You certainly got a lot of interest with this one Southwales.As for Maggie that was /is one evil woman and a lot of young men (and other age groups) are in early graves because of her,the fires of hell will be well ablaze when that bitch finally dies and I for one will have a drink that day.

for any working class person to admire her I would say have a look at what she done to you ar your parents she hated the working class as do all Tories, you should be uneducated 7 12 hr shift workers from the age of 12 till you die and the majority of that party will be happy.

Oh and by the way labour are not much better now as they are totalu out of touch.

"

Oh and by the way labour are not much better now as they are totalu out of touch. "

im for a party the day she dies u wanna come??

brecon

What about big boobs "

Ah.... my favourite welsh woman, her boobs enter the room 5 seconds before she does, she's a little smasher!!!

"

im for a party the day she dies u wanna come?? "

The finest women this country has known for years and years and years

yeah......... the finest spittin image puppet more like!!

What about big boobs

Ah.... my favourite welsh woman, her boobs enter the room 5 seconds before she does, she's a little smasher!!! "

Oi!!! I saw that .... I've had some half wit bint in the chatroom saying their fake as it is

What about big boobs

Ah.... my favourite welsh woman, her boobs enter the room 5 seconds before she does, she's a little smasher!!!

Oi!!! I saw that .... I've had some half wit bint in the chatroom saying their fake as it is "

Well they make some people VERY happy lol

Ah well that's ok then

brecon

What about big boobs

Oi!!! I saw that .... I've had some half wit bint in the chatroom saying their fake as it is "

I was only saying they are big, not fake.... although I didnt get to test them, they certainly looked real enough up close!!

What about big boobs

Oi!!! I saw that .... I've had some half wit bint in the chatroom saying their fake as it is

I was only saying they are big, not fake.... although I didnt get to test them, they certainly looked real enough up close!! "

She is gorgeous aint she

brecon

What about big boobs

I was only saying they are big, not fake.... although I didnt get to test them, they certainly looked real enough up close!!

She is gorgeous aint she "

Yup, and having met her in person, I can state that she's a nice person too.

What about big boobs

She is gorgeous aint she

Yup, and having met her in person, I can state that she's a nice person too."

You lucky lucky person! Yeah she comes across as a great laugh and very genuine!

brecon

What about big boobs

She is gorgeous aint she

You lucky lucky person! Yeah she comes across as a great laugh and very genuine!"

Definately all that.... and a lovely bum for bouncing on your lap too!!

What about big boobs

She is gorgeous aint she

You lucky lucky person! Yeah she comes across as a great laugh and very genuine!

Definately all that.... and a lovely bum for bouncing on your lap too!! "

Your just rubbing it in now lol. Hell i'm jealous! Hows you doing anyway? Heres to having a good weekend!!!

brecon

What about big boobs

She is gorgeous aint she

Your just rubbing it in now lol. Hell i'm jealous! Hows you doing anyway? Heres to having a good weekend!!!"

Well,I wish I could say it went further than that, but I would be lying!!

I think I am going to be stuck indoors decorating..... was planning to go to the Swansea social, but think Jayne will be too tired.

What about big boobs

She is gorgeous aint she

Your just rubbing it in now lol. Hell i'm jealous! Hows you doing anyway? Heres to having a good weekend!!!

Well,I wish I could say it went further than that, but I would be lying!!

I think I am going to be stuck indoors decorating..... was planning to go to the Swansea social, but think Jayne will be too tired."

Well whatever you guys do i hope you have a great weekend......right wheres Serens2 pics lol

"

but i know with a certain amount of reliability that my mothers grandparents are from saxon stock because they could and did trace their family tree through the church registers and the likes, "

er, but going back to your mother's grandparents is not really going back that far, only to the 19th century, so I'm not sure how that determines "stock" ?

Thought Scotland was full of Picts, with Welsh speakers south of the Clyde, and the Celts came by sea from Spain/Iberia to Breton, Wales and Ireland and from the Ireland to Scotland.? So dark skinned black haired Welsh are probably right back to the Med in origin. Brr, why did they move? lol

I worked in Brecon last year and when I left, the staff bought me loads of Welsh things as a 'thank you', for being celtic, I guess. Lovely place

I think two certain boys above deserve a lap dance .... Err! I mean sitting

"I think two certain boys above deserve a lap dance .... Err! I mean sitting "

Oh i hope one of those boys is me

"Thought Scotland was full of Picts, with Welsh speakers south of the Clyde, and the Celts came by sea from Spain/Iberia to Breton, Wales and Ireland and from the Ireland to Scotland.? So dark skinned black haired Welsh are probably right back to the Med in origin. Brr, why did they move? lol

I worked in Brecon last year and when I left, the staff bought me loads of Welsh things as a 'thank you', for being celtic, I guess. Lovely place "

If anyone is interested in the Celts then a good place to start to look at my old lecturers research. He has studied the Celtic people for many years and has written some good books on the subject. You can find his site at: http://www.le.ac.uk/ar/stj/index.html

or google Simon James (lecturer at Uni of Leicester)

brecon

"I think two certain boys above deserve a lap dance .... Err! I mean sitting

Oh i hope one of those boys is me "

Oh god, I hope the other one is me!!!!

As if you two herberts didn't know

brecon

"As if you two herberts didn't know "

Well, I hoped, but never take anything (especially a lady) for granted.

brecon

"Thought Scotland was full of Picts, with Welsh speakers south of the Clyde, and the Celts came by sea from Spain/Iberia to Breton, Wales and Ireland and from the Ireland to Scotland.? So dark skinned black haired Welsh are probably right back to the Med in origin. Brr, why did they move? lol

I worked in Brecon last year and when I left, the staff bought me loads of Welsh things as a 'thank you', for being celtic, I guess. Lovely place

If anyone is interested in the Celts then a good place to start to look at my old lecturers research. He has studied the Celtic people for many years and has written some good books on the subject. You can find his site at: http://www.le.ac.uk/ar/stj/index.html

or google Simon James (lecturer at Uni of Leicester) "

Hiya Herbert!

brecon

Check out the thread "kitty"..... scroll down...

seconds out, round one lol!!

WOOHOO!!!

Awaits my lap dance lol