FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > WHAT A WHOPPER!

WHAT A WHOPPER!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Was listening to the radio about a story of a 70 stones man, believed to be the heaviest in the world.

Do you feel sorry for him or is it his own fault? Just how big would you let yourself get?.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Was listening to the radio about a story of a 70 stones man, believed to be the heaviest in the world.

Do you feel sorry for him or is it his own fault? Just how big would you let yourself get?."

We wouldnt let ourselves get big but try any swing club this weekend and you will find that lots do

It said in the paper that the last record holder was ninety stone lol

But he has since lost about 40 stone so the English guy now holds the record

Think it must just creep up on these guys without them noticing lol xx

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

He wanted to be the heaviest man in the world - I think he's mentally ill and needs treatment - annoys me that we're paying for the lazy, idle, good for nothing to lie around all day being fed as well as the costly operations etc - ggrrrrr - going back to work now so that I can pay more tax for wastrels like this!

I have to come down on the side of it being his fault in the main ... just as my weight gain is mine ... and the responsibility to lose it is mine also. Yes there are reasons both physical and psychological that make it easier, than some folk to put the weight on ... but if you don't take responsibility you will just feel powerless to motivate yourself to change

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I feel so sorry for this poor man.

Food is an adiction like anything else but unlike ANTHING else, he needs food to live.

He could give up drink drugs smnoking etc and still survive without it so its hugely different.

I think he needs treatment but what I have no idea.

"He wanted to be the heaviest man in the world - I think he's mentally ill and needs treatment - annoys me that we're paying for the lazy, idle, good for nothing to lie around all day being fed as well as the costly operations etc - ggrrrrr - going back to work now so that I can pay more tax for wastrels like this!"

Unless he is either depressed or psychotic, he is not mentally ill.

only one person can change you and thats you!

the bit that botherin me is how can he afford to eat that much to get that obese?

benefits cant pay for that amount of food surely? to get to that size you must be eating at least 10000 calories a day which is a whole lot of food?

i know one time when i wasnt working the most i could spend on food shopping was 40 quid a wk for me and small person and i had to be very selective about what we ate and it was mostly soups etc and have never been as thin than i was then maybe need to give it a try again!! xx

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

"He wanted to be the heaviest man in the world - I think he's mentally ill and needs treatment - annoys me that we're paying for the lazy, idle, good for nothing to lie around all day being fed as well as the costly operations etc - ggrrrrr - going back to work now so that I can pay more tax for wastrels like this!

Unless he is either depressed or psychotic, he is not mentally ill. "

I am medically both of the above and clain not 1 penny in benefits, too many savings apparently.

Alcoholics find the cash, smokers find the cash, druggies find the cash.

Its not about cash, its about his adiction, he is ill and should not be vilified.

Thanks to comments like above, I could not leave my home for more than 6 monthss when my weight ballooned to 24 stone due to the stress of a drug addict trying to murder me.

I was ill and over ate just like a smokers drinks when under stress.

But his addiction also keeps him alive.

Strange aint it!

i got to 17 stone before the red flag came up, now I'm 12.5 after 2 years of hard graft and healthy eating

Im a big girl, always have been, so is most of my family, and my biggest i was a size 30, i no go between a size 20 to 24, ( currently 20/22 ) and i love me and i wouldn't want to get any smaller.

I know im one of the lucky ones as im happy with how i am and i look in the mirror and like what i see, some bigger people hate been big and i tend to find the people i know who dont like there size they have gone from small to big, be it from depression or having children. Eating can be an addiction, at my biggest i comfort ate due to depression.

every ones got a story, all for different reasons and i dont think anyone can judge a person till they know the full story.

there was an article in closer mag other week, a woman who's bum weighed 20 stone, and it made her 80k a year....

hhmmmmmm gives me an idea for a new career.

im off to chippy

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Was listening to the radio about a story of a 70 stones man, believed to be the heaviest in the world.

Do you feel sorry for him or is it his own fault? Just how big would you let yourself get?."

Have you seen what he eats in ONE meal..... four pieces of fish, four large portions of chips, two battered sausage two pies, peas and gravy, washed down with two bottles of !! Fat git!!

He lost 20 stone (yup, you read it right twenty!!) a couple of years ago, but moaned that he didnt want to lose weight as he wanted to be the heaviest person in the world.... the guy is mentally ill!!

AND he has a team of 7 carers, who so far have cost the taxpayer approx £1 million quid.

AND, how the feck does he afford all the food? He only gets £67 a week in benefits!! The one meal (above) must cost him more than £20!!!

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

If it was just - and iuse the word JUST very loosely - down to depression/illness then it would be more understandable.

But to WANT to be that fat - then he should not be allowed to claim benefits.

IF its HIS CHOICE then he should not be paid for it.

I dont know how much of the full story we are "fed!" when these articles come about - but i have seen filming done, for so called documentaries - and we were told what we were supposed to say - rather than the freedom of speech = makes better viewing

if he wants to be the worlds fattest man then im not sure that classifys as mentally ill?? and before the banshees come out i have worked in mental health for the last 4 years so do have some experience!

personally and u can shoot me if u all want i think if after this operation he doesnt change his lifestyle then no more help should be given if he is not willing to make the change. im very surprised his heart hasnt gave out or other internal organs. if there is a true medical reason for his over eating then fair enough all avenues should be tried to assist this man.

as a previous post says if there is a genuine medical reason or mental illness he should be gettin help but if he not willing to change why should all this money be spent there are loads of people who have genuine reasons for bein overweight and they deserve help.xxx

Speaking as a Mental Health Nurse, if he WANTS to be this size and has no underlying depression then he aint mentally ill ... though it does seem strange to want to be so big, your at risk of severe health problems or death It might be something to do with the notoriety and being famous/infamous? but who knows unless you talk to the guy?

If he's not mentaly ill then why should he be allowed to claim the amount of money to support his lifestyle.

Surely its the fault of his 'feeder',if he can't get to the shops to get the food and they stopped the excessive feeding it wouldn't be long before he started losing weight.

We sometimes look at folk and wonder at what point do they look in the mirror and say to themselves "Thats enough!".

XXXX

good point!!

when i used to have taxi i had one customer chronic alcoholic used to get taxis to deliver drink to him. his daughter came in one day and asked if we could stop doin it as if he couldnt get the drink delivered he wouldnt go out to get it as it was over 2 miles for him. we agreed to this for her sake and it did work as he couldnt get alcohol could it maybe work for this guy with take aways etc?? or has that maybe been tried guess we never know the full story x

Notting

"If he's not mentaly ill then why should he be allowed to claim the amount of money to support his lifestyle.

Surely its the fault of his 'feeder',if he can't get to the shops to get the food and they stopped the excessive feeding it wouldn't be long before he started losing weight.

We sometimes look at folk and wonder at what point do they look in the mirror and say to themselves "Thats enough!".

XXXX"

The weight can sneak up on you tho. If it is a gradual thing then you just see the same person in the mirror. It was only when i got my halloween pics back last year that i realised how big i had gotten, i was a sight - suited halloween all right, lol.

The picutres shocked me, and i immediately started eating better, but its no easy feat.

I have had the help of lots of stress ths year to loose my 21kg, but its plateued now yet i still got another 6kg to loose yet to get back to my proper weight

I feel better, move better and am less tired etc. There is no way i would WISH to be so huge i coulodnt move.

Bed sores, sweaty fat folds, BO, eww, the list of stuff is endless - so the guy CANT be right in the head.

Its ok to be big - you can still be big and healthy - but to be that obese to extreme is just wrong

I blame all this on elasticated jogging pants.

XXXX

Forum Mod

"I blame all this on elasticated jogging pants.

XXXX"

LMAO xxxx

Notting

Every time i read the title "what a whopper" Frankfurter....it makes me think of......

...oh never mind

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

il have mine with fries please!!!!! oh that kinda whopper

I am fat because I over ate when I was in my late teens. I ate too much of the wrong things at the wrong times.

I am now 30 and still struggle with my weight no matter what anyone says I am fat because I overate no one forced me to become fat I did it because I was bored and it was easy to open the multipack of crisps and eat my way thru them!!

Yes there are certain medical conditions which make you fat I used to think my youngest child had one of them!!!

When I had her she ate all the time and always complained of being hungry even when she had just finished a meal. so I took her to the docs and I was told she was short for her age (but then I’m small) but her weight was well within the norm for her age, and he wasn’t interested in what was causing her to ask for more food all the time.

When we moved to a new area where my kids could go outside to play safely (without me having to go sweep for druggie paraphernalia first) she and her sister were out all the time and she did lose some weight and then the docs said feed her more she cant lose anymore weight its not normal for a kid to be that slim!!!! So I couldn’t win could I??

Both my kids are predisposed to being fat as my parents and their fathers parents are fat so its already in their genes to be fat BUT I am teaching them that they can eat whatever they want as long as they don’t overeat, and exercise everyday which they both do. We now sit down to healthy meals most nights of the week and they will always pick the fruit over the sweets or crisps every time but we still treat them to junk food about once a month because its all about moderation.

I no longer feel the need to gorge myself I stop when I’m full and I am slowly (very slowly) losing my excess weight.

Its not as easy as some people think it is to get help - I have asked constantly since I was 19 for help and dieticians would look at what I ate and said well eat less of that and walk more that’s it!!

I now have a medical condition which is not caused by my weight (it is not made worse by being fat not will it ease when I lose the weight I have already been told this by a consultant who has never seen a case as bad as mine “in some one so young“) I cannot exercise because of this condition. I am classed as disabled and cannot walk some days in fact some days I cannot move for the pain. However I refuse to sit back and allow myself to become even fatter, I will continue to push myself to walk on my good days and eventually I will get to my target weight.

I cant remember who it was who said this guy only gets £67 per week but I can guarantee he gets more than that in state benefits if he needs a carer he will also get some sort of disability money (as I do) however unlike many who have a condition which is linked to obesity such as Prader-Willi syndrome this appears to be all his own doing and as such I believe he should have any disability money stopped if he does not help himself.

If I had done this to myself I don’t think I should get any help from the government but my condition is not self-inflicted it is no fault of mine I got this ungodly condition and I am seeking help for my problems.

However too many doctors are more than happy to throw a few tablets at you an shout next without examining what the underlying cause is!!

Sorry for the rant but I did feel that I needed to get this off my chest lol

Shona

x x x

"

The weight can sneak up on you tho. "

really does wonder how 50 stone ... sneaks up on you lol

"

The weight can sneak up on you tho.

really does wonder how 50 stone ... sneaks up on you lol "

As the Bonkster said...

Go to any club and see... The buggers are very light on their feet ya know... your sitting there one minute and pooooof.. your surrounded the next..

Some as said are in fact very very happy.. others would loose much if they could.. some its plain laziness and overeating, though its now medically proven genetics play a huge huge part..

(pardon the pun)

Anyway... not sure anyone here is suggesting it makes the inner them any less sexy....

"

The weight can sneak up on you tho.

really does wonder how 50 stone ... sneaks up on you lol

As the Bonkster said...

Go to any club and see... The buggers are very light on their feet ya know... your sitting there one minute and pooooof.. your surrounded the next..

Some as said are in fact very very happy.. others would loose much if they could.. some its plain laziness and overeating, though its now medically proven genetics play a huge huge part..

(pardon the pun)

Anyway... not sure anyone here is suggesting it makes the inner them any less sexy....

"

i know it can creep up,.... been there, genetically predisposed to being overweight too ...... but i don't get how someone that is bed bound, weighs 70 stone and can't get up ... isn't controlled by the people who feed them .... ffs if my OH was so big he couldn't get out of bed ... i certainly wouldn't be allowing him 5 pizzas for tea lol

"I am fat because I over ate when I was in my late teens. I ate too much of the wrong things at the wrong times.

I am now 30 and still struggle with my weight no matter what anyone says I am fat because I overate no one forced me to become fat I did it because I was bored and it was easy to open the multipack of crisps and eat my way thru them!!

Yes there are certain medical conditions which make you fat I used to think my youngest child had one of them!!!

When I had her she ate all the time and always complained of being hungry even when she had just finished a meal. so I took her to the docs and I was told she was short for her age (but then I’m small) but her weight was well within the norm for her age, and he wasn’t interested in what was causing her to ask for more food all the time.

When we moved to a new area where my kids could go outside to play safely (without me having to go sweep for druggie paraphernalia first) she and her sister were out all the time and she did lose some weight and then the docs said feed her more she cant lose anymore weight its not normal for a kid to be that slim!!!! So I couldn’t win could I??

Both my kids are predisposed to being fat as my parents and their fathers parents are fat so its already in their genes to be fat BUT I am teaching them that they can eat whatever they want as long as they don’t overeat, and exercise everyday which they both do. We now sit down to healthy meals most nights of the week and they will always pick the fruit over the sweets or crisps every time but we still treat them to junk food about once a month because its all about moderation.

I no longer feel the need to gorge myself I stop when I’m full and I am slowly (very slowly) losing my excess weight.

Its not as easy as some people think it is to get help - I have asked constantly since I was 19 for help and dieticians would look at what I ate and said well eat less of that and walk more that’s it!!

I now have a medical condition which is not caused by my weight (it is not made worse by being fat not will it ease when I lose the weight I have already been told this by a consultant who has never seen a case as bad as mine “in some one so young“) I cannot exercise because of this condition. I am classed as disabled and cannot walk some days in fact some days I cannot move for the pain. However I refuse to sit back and allow myself to become even fatter, I will continue to push myself to walk on my good days and eventually I will get to my target weight.

I cant remember who it was who said this guy only gets £67 per week but I can guarantee he gets more than that in state benefits if he needs a carer he will also get some sort of disability money (as I do) however unlike many who have a condition which is linked to obesity such as Prader-Willi syndrome this appears to be all his own doing and as such I believe he should have any disability money stopped if he does not help himself.

If I had done this to myself I don’t think I should get any help from the government but my condition is not self-inflicted it is no fault of mine I got this ungodly condition and I am seeking help for my problems.

However too many doctors are more than happy to throw a few tablets at you an shout next without examining what the underlying cause is!!

Sorry for the rant but I did feel that I needed to get this off my chest lol

Shona

x x x "

A very thought provoking post Shona ... I feel the same about my weight too ... enjoyed your thoughts on it

» Add a new message to this topic