FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hungary and the anti LGBTQ law

Hungary and the anti LGBTQ law

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ea monkey OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’m not sure if people have seen but Hungary recently passed a law that prevents representation of LGBTQ people to children under 18.

The move was cited as an extension of anti pedophilia laws.

Thoughts folks?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's just basic nativist shit that tabloid papers sell to idiots, that anybody anywhere on the sexual spectrum away from cis hetero biblical missionary is a pervert and shouldn't be around children. It's bullshit and about what you'd expect from a country with a basic govt appealing to a basic populace.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

How on earth did you get that kinda news before Tom?!!

"It's just basic nativist shit that tabloid papers sell to idiots, that anybody anywhere on the sexual spectrum away from cis hetero biblical missionary is a pervert and shouldn't be around children. It's bullshit and about what you'd expect from a country with a basic govt appealing to a basic populace. "

Makes sense though. Those biblical types do love to get the children to themselves.

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"I’m not sure if people have seen but Hungary recently passed a law that prevents representation of LGBTQ people to children under 18.

Thoughts folks? "

Honestly?

It makes me sad and furious in equal measures.

Mrs TMN x

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"How on earth did you get that kinda news before Tom?!! "

Tom saw it but stayed clear of it...

For his own reasons..

There county there rules why worry what you can't control

Chelmsford

When Hungry played Germany there was a conversay about lighting the stadium in Rainbow colours.. UEFA said no.

Too political I guess

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I’m not sure if people have seen but Hungary recently passed a law that prevents representation of LGBTQ people to children under 18.

Thoughts folks?

Honestly?

It makes me sad and furious in equal measures.

Mrs TMN x"

My thoughts exactly. ..

Chelmsford

We had a similar law in the UK until fairly recently

I don't believe Viktor Orban or his Government reflect the values of the Hungarian public on this or many other policies

He is a deeply unpopular PM

What he does represent, however, is that side of Eastern European culture that demonises homosexuality

Due to the rise of the right in many countries we have seen Governments push policies that pander to that mentality

Thankfully though, minds are opening across the East and these croney Governments do not have the legs for long-termism

Chelmsford

"I don't believe Viktor Orban or his Government reflect the values of the Hungarian public on this or many other policies

He is a deeply unpopular PM

What he does represent, however, is that side of Eastern European culture that demonises homosexuality

Due to the rise of the right in many countries we have seen Governments push policies that pander to that mentality

Thankfully though, minds are opening across the East and these croney Governments do not have the legs for long-termism"

Great prediction and let time be the judge...

It’s a sub-plot of a law clamping down on paedophiles (which clearly is a good thing) but includes this clause on not “portraying or promoting homosexuality among under-18s” (which has been largely condemned elsewhere as a bad thing!)

It’s been widely criticised by EU Leaders with some calls for Hungary to be removed from the EU.. interestingly the Polish PM did not add his name to the statement condemning Hungary.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out, on unrelated matters the Hungarians of course haven’t really locked down with Coronavirus and have played Euro2020 games in Budapest to full stadiums so they tend to fly solo against the rest of the EU on multiple issues.

By *onb21Woman  over a year ago

Cardiff

Excuse my ignorance, what is the link to paedophilia?

"Excuse my ignorance, what is the link to paedophilia?"

Well I think that’s the issue. Hungary have somehow linked the two in this new law, nobody outside Hungary is sure how or why. I think.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Excuse my ignorance, what is the link to paedophilia?

Well I think that’s the issue. Hungary have somehow linked the two in this new law, nobody outside Hungary is sure how or why. I think. "

Many of the people of Hungary don't see the link either.

Well I think that’s the issue. Hungary have somehow linked the two in this new law, nobody outside Hungary is sure how or why. I think.

Many of the people of Hungary don't see the link either. "

Well indeed

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

"It's just basic nativist shit that tabloid papers sell to idiots, that anybody anywhere on the sexual spectrum away from cis hetero biblical missionary is a pervert and shouldn't be around children. It's bullshit and about what you'd expect from a country with a basic govt appealing to a basic populace. "

What is this nativist shit of what you speak?

There was a thread called UEFA a few days ago which discussed how Germany were banned from lighting up a rainbow on their stadium in response to this. I was surprised how many people were more concerned about whether UEFA had banned Germany from doing it or simply asked them to postpone it, rather than what Hungary had banned its people from doing. Some of the responses convinced me that PRIDE is needed now more than ever.

"Excuse my ignorance, what is the link to paedophilia?"

It’s a ploy used by phobics to try to get ordinary people to agree with their agenda.

Keep linking gay people with paedophiles and the ignorant with automatically dislike gay people.

The gutter press and terfs are doing the same in this country suggesting trans women are a threat to young girls in toilets when 99.9999% of assaults in loos the trans person is the victim not the perpetrator.

i think its a bit cheeky for the germans to be telling anyone about human rights after what they did to the jewish population in concentration camps.

Chelmsford

I think UEFA Said they wanted to keep politics out of football

"I think UEFA Said they wanted to keep politics out of football"

Which is complete crap because being gay isn’t “political”. It’s just what some people are.

"I think UEFA Said they wanted to keep politics out of football

Which is complete crap because being gay isn’t “political”. It’s just what some people are. "

To be fair in this instance the German actions was definitely because it was Hungary as the opponents. So as much as I agree with what the Germans wanted to do, the UEFA response was correct in terms of their guidelines, even if I think the guidelines were wrong!

The refusal got so much coverage anyway that the message to Hungary was loud and clear anyway! Job done!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's such a backwards move. Just a few decades behind the UK Section 28, so we can hardly say too much, when we did the same. Their awful leader is too enamoured with Putin.

Very harmful for so many young people, who need support and understanding, potentially leading to tender, young lives lost.

By *orace pinkerMan  over a year ago

North west

"i think its a bit cheeky for the germans to be telling anyone about human rights after what they did to the jewish population in concentration camps."

That was the nazis not Germans, many German Jews were killed also

It’s a ploy used by phobics to try to get ordinary people to agree with their agenda.

Keep linking gay people with paedophiles and the ignorant with automatically dislike gay people.

The gutter press and terfs are doing the same in this country suggesting trans women are a threat to young girls in toilets when 99.9999% of assaults in loos the trans person is the victim not the perpetrator. "

Exactly, well explained… preach it girl.

And the thing is , when ignorance (on the matter) is the norm… people start believing it!

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"I think UEFA Said they wanted to keep politics out of football"

Which is hypocritical when you consider they take money from their sponsors to promote Heineken, VW, Walkers, Fed Ex, Coca Cola, and the rest but when something important and meaningful like politics raises it head, they don't want to know.

I think it's about time political parties started sponsoring sports.

I can think of not better way to raise awareness of issues and make people think than at sports event, watched by millions.

It's just another advertising medium, nothing more than that.

Manchester (he/him)

"I think UEFA Said they wanted to keep politics out of football

Which is hypocritical when you consider they take money from their sponsors to promote Heineken, VW, Walkers, Fed Ex, Coca Cola, and the rest but when something important and meaningful like politics raises it head, they don't want to know.

I think it's about time political parties started sponsoring sports.

I can think of not better way to raise awareness of issues and make people think than at sports event, watched by millions.

It's just another advertising medium, nothing more than that.

"

And who decides what is an appropriate message to show next to Ronaldo?

If the nazi party decided to sponsor Nigeria’s match, that’s ok?

I can’t think of anything worse

Manchester (he/him)

The gutter press and terfs are doing the same in this country suggesting trans women are a threat to young girls in toilets when 99.9999% of assaults in loos the trans person is the victim not the perpetrator.

Exactly, well explained… preach it girl.

And the thing is , when ignorance (on the matter) is the norm… people start believing it! "

Exactly, which is why things like this law and the link between pedophilia and homosexuality persist.

People don’t want their assured understanding challenged and they certainly don’t want to be told that the demons they always believed in, aren’t demons at all

Chelmsford

The gutter press and terfs are doing the same in this country suggesting trans women are a threat to young girls in toilets when 99.9999% of assaults in loos the trans person is the victim not the perpetrator. "

How many assaults in toilets on trans people happen every year ?

Manchester (he/him)

How many assaults in toilets on trans people happen every year ?"

That’s really not the point Tom, the point is about derailing the argument and manipulation of opinion.

Conflating arguments and groups is the basis of this issue

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"When Hungry played Germany there was a conversay about lighting the stadium in Rainbow colours.. UEFA said no.

Too political I guess "

UEFA said no because it was considered a political statement and if they had agreed, they would also have to consider other promotional statements for minorities and groups considered to be under threat.

Apparently they did not take the decision lightly.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"i think its a bit cheeky for the germans to be telling anyone about human rights after what they did to the jewish population in concentration camps."

You will find Germany is a very different place today and those who were alive during those awful times still have a sense of regret, even if they were too young to have been involved.

Incidentally it was not Germany that invented concentration camps.

Manchester (he/him)

"When Hungry played Germany there was a conversay about lighting the stadium in Rainbow colours.. UEFA said no.

Too political I guess

UEFA said no because it was considered a political statement and if they had agreed, they would also have to consider other promotional statements for minorities and groups considered to be under threat.

Apparently they did not take the decision lightly. "

The timing and intent was very politically motivated, so I understand why UEFA said no.

That being said, the message was still heard loud and clear

Chelmsford

That’s really not the point Tom, the point is about derailing the argument and manipulation of opinion.

Conflating arguments and groups is the basis of this issue "

Well the question was to the organ grinder and not the monkey..

I am curious to know how many assaults are suffered by trans people in toilets on average every year.... ?

Manchester (he/him)

I am curious to know how many assaults are suffered by trans people in toilets on average every year.... ?

"

And you thought that derailing the argument was a better idea?

Is your google broken Tom?

Chelmsford

No. I am just Hungary for that information.

Why would you mention Hungry at Lunchtime, I'm bleeding starving

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

"

On my second night out at a trans venue in London a guy tried to grab me in the toilets not thinking that a crossdresser would fight back....my second night ever and thats only added to the ludicrous and aggressive way some treat people like me even in venues where it is aimed at trans people.

That has never happened to me as a guy so if that's any indication at all then those numbers are going to be pretty high, I have no idea of the numbers but lots of other tv/ts people I know have similar stories to me.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Tea monkey, did you buy it? Are you an idiot for posting it?

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

There seems to be an anti lgbtq theme in Eastern Europe especially Poland, Hungary and Russia.Lets not support this bigotry.

"There county there rules why worry what you can't control "

Because maybe we care about others!

"i think its a bit cheeky for the germans to be telling anyone about human rights after what they did to the jewish population in concentration camps.

You will find Germany is a very different place today and those who were alive during those awful times still have a sense of regret, even if they were too young to have been involved.

Incidentally it was not Germany that invented concentration camps."

I remember spending a lovely week in Germany when I was 16. Such lovely people and I dealt with zero racism everyone was lovely to me. Did an exchange trip and when she came here the way she was treated was in stark contrast. People were actually horrible to her and kept bringing up the war!

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

Modern day Germany rejects prejudices and I fully support their support of LGBTQ. Uefa are a disgrace

"There county there rules why worry what you can't control

Because maybe we care about others! "

it will never happen I care about those I know everyone else is out of my control

Chelmsford

"How on earth did you get that kinda news before Tom?!! "

Nora....

In Russia same sex couples cant adopt, you'll also only really get in trouble with domestic a if you kill them

"There seems to be an anti lgbtq theme in Eastern Europe especially Poland, Hungary and Russia.Lets not support this bigotry. "

There for sure is, I have 2 female married Russian friends who i speak with regularly

Chelmsford

"There seems to be an anti lgbtq theme in Eastern Europe especially Poland, Hungary and Russia.Lets not support this bigotry.

There for sure is, I have 2 female married Russian friends who i speak with regularly "

Where do they live?

By *dubsMan  over a year ago

London

Absolutely disgusting and to be allowed as a EU country is also despicable. Another country to avoid ever visiting.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Absolutely disgusting and to be allowed as a EU country is also despicable. Another country to avoid ever visiting."

The government in this country is not much better. They dare not yet say anything against LG, but they just ignore the possibility of B, and half the cabinet is actively hostile to T. To our government LGBT just means a chance for a rainbow themed photo op, then as soon as the cameras are turned off they go back to despising us and making our lives more difficult.

As far as I can see, every right wing government across the globe is just full of cunts that have come to power by pandering to the worst of humanity. [Left wing governments often not much better - being awful specimens of humanity is not limited to just one end of the political spectrum]

"There seems to be an anti lgbtq theme in Eastern Europe especially Poland, Hungary and Russia.Lets not support this bigotry.

There for sure is, I have 2 female married Russian friends who i speak with regularly

Where do they live?"

Moscow

» Add a new message to this topic