FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Jammy upgrade!

Jammy upgrade!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reya73 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

I'm just back from few nights away. We booked a hotel.. Classic room. The room turned out to be OK but the bed was awful... When I inspected further, it was broken in the middle. I had a word.

They couldn't move us because they were fully booked that night.. But for the next two nights they upgraded us to the suite on the top floor with amazing sea views and jacuzzi spa bathroom, complimentary wine and a free late check out. Woo hoo!!

Go on..

Share your best upgrade/compensation/accidental jammy experiences.

Or your worst hotel disappointments.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"I'm just back from few nights away. We booked a hotel.. Classic room. The room turned out to be OK but the bed was awful... When I inspected further, it was broken in the middle. I had a word.

They couldn't move us because they were fully booked that night.. But for the next two nights they upgraded us to the suite on the top floor with amazing sea views and jacuzzi spa bathroom, complimentary wine and a free late check out. Woo hoo!!

Go on..

Or your worst hotel disappointments. "

Excellent!

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Ooo nice!

The block we were supposed to be in on holiday in Greece was flooded so we got upgraded to three family rooms with a private pool for the block out the back. We were the only people in the block and the family rooms had a double bed and a separate room with two twins so me and my brother got separate rooms.

We also stayed in a holiday inn in a normal room and when we got out the lift on our floor all the lights were off and we couldn't find a lightswitch. Went back down to reception and there had been a mix up and that floor was closed for maintenance work. We got upgraded to a disabled suite so it was enormous and again we had separate rooms instead of having to share.

Whitley Bay

"Ooo nice!

The block we were supposed to be in on holiday in Greece was flooded so we got upgraded to three family rooms with a private pool for the block out the back. We were the only people in the block and the family rooms had a double bed and a separate room with two twins so me and my brother got separate rooms.

We also stayed in a holiday inn in a normal room and when we got out the lift on our floor all the lights were off and we couldn't find a lightswitch. Went back down to reception and there had been a mix up and that floor was closed for maintenance work. We got upgraded to a disabled suite so it was enormous and again we had separate rooms instead of having to share. "

Ahhh bless youzzz!!! Best twin situation getting your own space at last!

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Got upgraded from Business Class to First Class on a BA flight back from Houston once - while it was an experience I wouldn't say it was worth the price if I'd paid it myself - amounted to a flat bed seat (which Business didn't have back then), a white tablecloth for dinner and food cooked to order - oh and pyjamas if I wanted them

Whitley Bay

"Got upgraded from Business Class to First Class on a BA flight back from Houston once - while it was an experience I wouldn't say it was worth the price if I'd paid it myself - amounted to a flat bed seat (which Business didn't have back then), a white tablecloth for dinner and food cooked to order - oh and pyjamas if I wanted them "

Comon pyjamas!!! I would have totally had them

By *ugbyLadyWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

A few years ago I was upgraded from economy class to 1st class on an Emirates flight from Dubai back to England.. I was flying on my birthday and that was their present to me….

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Going back many years ago, I booked a hotel in Tampa as part of a road trip, what I didn't know at the time of booking was that they were in the process of renovation and upgrade.

I had booked a standard room, but ended up being upgraded to a penthouses, at no extra cost, just had to complete a survey for the increased star rating

Whitley Bay

"A few years ago I was upgraded from economy class to 1st class on an Emirates flight from Dubai back to England.. I was flying on my birthday and that was their present to me…. "

Nice! How though? Who spotted it was your birthday?

"Got upgraded from Business Class to First Class on a BA flight back from Houston once - while it was an experience I wouldn't say it was worth the price if I'd paid it myself - amounted to a flat bed seat (which Business didn't have back then), a white tablecloth for dinner and food cooked to order - oh and pyjamas if I wanted them

Comon pyjamas!!! I would have totally had them "

I politely declined - I did manage to ruin the pristine white tablecloth though - they'd literally just started serving dinner (starting with a huge glass of red) when we hit turbulence so bad the captain got the crew to strap in - by the time they came round again most of the wine was over the tablecloth!!

By *ugbyLadyWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

"A few years ago I was upgraded from economy class to 1st class on an Emirates flight from Dubai back to England.. I was flying on my birthday and that was their present to me….

Nice! How though? Who spotted it was your birthday? "

As I was checking in the nice young lady on the check in desk noticed it……

Whitley Bay

"Going back many years ago, I booked a hotel in Tampa as part of a road trip, what I didn't know at the time of booking was that they were in the process of renovation and upgrade.

I had booked a standard room, but ended up being upgraded to a penthouses, at no extra cost, just had to complete a survey for the increased star rating"

Penthouse.. Nice I presume

Oh not so much jammy as slightly engineered - I used to hire cars a fair bit and learned that if you booked the cheapest economy model that they often don't have them so automatically upgrade you to something bigger and better at no extra cost.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Oh not so much jammy as slightly engineered - I used to hire cars a fair bit and learned that if you booked the cheapest economy model that they often don't have them so automatically upgrade you to something bigger and better at no extra cost."

This happened to me! I don't like bigger cars though. Harder to park .

Whitley Bay

"Oh not so much jammy as slightly engineered - I used to hire cars a fair bit and learned that if you booked the cheapest economy model that they often don't have them so automatically upgrade you to something bigger and better at no extra cost.

This happened to me! I don't like bigger cars though. Harder to park . "

Oooo this is a good to know!

I'm small and look funny in a bigger car. I often need a special cushion ha!

Parking is fun!

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

The family went to a new years eve party at a hotel, one of the group had food allergies. They effect him only when he eats the food.

The starter, and main had everything on it that he couldn't eat. We complained to the manager in writing, the hotel gave him a penthouse suite for the weekend.

By *ecky and justCouple  over a year ago

Godalming

I’ve worked in the film industry for a while.

Was away on location in a lovely sunny place.

Hotel cocked up my room as flights had been delayed.

Very famous young lady who is very fit told reception to ‘put me in her suite as she was staying with friends.’

Presidential suite on top floor. Bloody lovely.

Only problem is the taxi to airport was booked for 3am…..

Didn’t get to enjoy it much…

Whitley Bay

"I’ve worked in the film industry for a while.

Was away on location in a lovely sunny place.

Hotel cocked up my room as flights had been delayed.

Very famous young lady who is very fit told reception to ‘put me in her suite as she was staying with friends.’

Presidential suite on top floor. Bloody lovely.

Only problem is the taxi to airport was booked for 3am…..

Didn’t get to enjoy it much… "

Ahhh you touched it though!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I booked a hotel in derby for the night when I went to the attic a couple of years ago.

They upgraded me to the honeymoon suite which woulda been nice but I’d booked in as a single woman

"I'm just back from few nights away. We booked a hotel.. Classic room. The room turned out to be OK but the bed was awful... When I inspected further, it was broken in the middle. I had a word.

Go on..

Or your worst hotel disappointments. "

I took my bird to winter wonderland once and got on the farriswheel for free due to my quick wit and confidence. Upgrade from what you might ask well buying a ticket.

Go on..

Or your worst hotel disappointments.

I took my bird to winter wonderland once and got on the farriswheel for free due to my quick wit and confidence. Upgrade from what you might ask well buying a ticket."

I left her at the bottom though.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Years ago in a hotel in Ibiza, I'd a single room. The bed had plastic slats under the mattress, and during the night, I fell through onto the floor.

Reception the next day assured me it would be fixed; that night, the same occurred again. Next day I complained to a Senior Manager, who promised real action. That meant a new bed was sourced with proper wooden slats. That night, the bed frame collapsed entirely.

Next morning, I knew a really important Tour Group was arriving, so as they arrived with Hotel HQ Execs there too, I stood up and loudly listed the ineptitude of the hotel management, the tour Rep and the inadequacies of Maintenance! Panic ensued amongst hotel staff!

Within an hour, I was moved and upgraded to a top floor sea view suite, with profuse apologies from the Hotel Group Chairman. The Tour Company's Senior Manager also apologised for his rep's inaction.

Whitley Bay

"I booked a hotel in derby for the night when I went to the attic a couple of years ago.

They upgraded me to the honeymoon suite which woulda been nice but I’d booked in as a single woman "

Awwwwwwwww! Nice chance to treat yourself though x

Whitley Bay

"Years ago in a hotel in Ibiza, I'd a single room. The bed had plastic slats under the mattress, and during the night, I fell through onto the floor.

Reception the next day assured me it would be fixed; that night, the same occurred again. Next day I complained to a Senior Manager, who promised real action. That meant a new bed was sourced with proper wooden slats. That night, the bed frame collapsed entirely.

Next morning, I knew a really important Tour Group was arriving, so as they arrived with Hotel HQ Execs there too, I stood up and loudly listed the ineptitude of the hotel management, the tour Rep and the inadequacies of Maintenance! Panic ensued amongst hotel staff!

Within an hour, I was moved and upgraded to a top floor sea view suite, with profuse apologies from the Hotel Group Chairman. The Tour Company's Senior Manager also apologised for his rep's inaction."

Too bloody right! Well done you

I once complained about my Sunday dinner

The roast potatoes was tinned new potatoes fried

That's not roast potatoes

I ate it all the same, when asked if everything was OK I said no

Things are far from ok, your roasties ain't very healthy like they've been plucked out of a tin, not nice at all, they gave me a full refund.

I didn't even ask

Stayed in the Luxor in Las Vegas once, the room next to ours was a service room rather than a guest room. Early one morning the racket coming from next door was unbearable so I rang down to reception to complain and ask if they could refrain from working for another hour or two while we nursed our hangovers (it was Vegas after all!).

They couldn't apologise enough, but explained the noise wasn't from the room next door, but the refurbishment works going on FIVE floors below us!! Because of the pyramid shape of the building, the sound was resonating up through the floors!

None the less, they gave us a free lunch in one of the buffets and wiped our room service charge (really wish I'd hit that minibar harder now!)

We have been upgraded many times.

We always book a room with an accessible bathroom but often when we get there the rooms aren't available so have ended up in suites many times.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"Years ago in a hotel in Ibiza, I'd a single room. The bed had plastic slats under the mattress, and during the night, I fell through onto the floor.

Within an hour, I was moved and upgraded to a top floor sea view suite, with profuse apologies from the Hotel Group Chairman. The Tour Company's Senior Manager also apologised for his rep's inaction.

Too bloody right! Well done you "

With my Hotel Manager career experience, I knew how to inflict the maximum embarrassment in the right way!

"I booked a hotel in derby for the night when I went to the attic a couple of years ago.

They upgraded me to the honeymoon suite which woulda been nice but I’d booked in as a single woman

Awwwwwwwww! Nice chance to treat yourself though x "

I mean tbf I did take someone back to my hotel room from the attic

Whitley Bay

"I once complained about my Sunday dinner

The roast potatoes was tinned new potatoes fried

That's not roast potatoes

I ate it all the same, when asked if everything was OK I said no

Things are far from ok, your roasties ain't very healthy like they've been plucked out of a tin, not nice at all, they gave me a full refund.

I didn't even ask "

They knew you were right, fried tinned blummin potatoes. How very dare they!!!

Whitley Bay

Awwwwwwwww! Nice chance to treat yourself though x

I mean tbf I did take someone back to my hotel room from the attic "

Good girl

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I often get upgraded if I stay in the same place regularly for work …. Hopefully soon to resume!

Whitley Bay

"I often get upgraded if I stay in the same place regularly for work …. Hopefully soon to resume! "

Fingers crossed! It's nice when they recognise a familiar customer and treat you accordingly. May Good service resumr DC

» Add a new message to this topic