FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have you ever had Vertigo?

Have you ever had Vertigo?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *apperleyman OP   Man  over a year ago

Nottingham

Not necessarily when you’re up a high building - I mean waking up and the whole bloody room is spinning. No booze (honest!) although it did feel like when I had my first couple of beers at 14..

If so what kind of stuff works. GP hasn’t been much help..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Yes. I have Ménière’s disease so it’s a regular occurrence for me

Nottingham

"Yes. I have Ménière’s disease so it’s a regular occurrence for me "

Oh that must suck bad time… I’ve had it the last three days, wears off by lunchtime but it’s wiped me out!

By *lice MaliceWoman  over a year ago

The Facility

Yes, it's horrid. I never used to suffer until I had a particularly bad ear infection which shot my balance to hell and now it's something that I get occasionally.

If your GP isn't working for you, ask them for a second opinion

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Yeah I get dizzy

STOKE ON TRENT

Xxxx hugs x

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

No caffeine, chocolate or alcohol. Sleep well. Keep hydrated and medications such as betahistine can help.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Did the docs not diagnose anything?

I get it with a sinus pressure cold and only swimming helps me keep the vertigo at bay

STOKE ON TRENT

Inner ear problems

Nottingham

"Yes, it's horrid. I never used to suffer until I had a particularly bad ear infection which shot my balance to hell and now it's something that I get occasionally.

If your GP isn't working for you, ask them for a second opinion "

Yes I think I’m going to have to. I’ve seen some exercises online you can do that’s helps apparently but so far…

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I have orthostatic hypotension so sometimes faint.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

I’ve had it a few times and it’s honestly horrible. I’ve tried exercises I saw online but didn’t really do much

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’ve had a couple of attacks and it was horrendous, was scared to move.

Doctors did give me some tablets which sorted me out.

Can’t remember name of tablets though, sorry

Yes I’ve had vertigo caused by labyrinthitis, you need medication off your doctor to stop the nausea and dizziness. Can’t believe they haven’t given you something

Yes I had flicker vertigo meclazine helped it.

"Not necessarily when you’re up a high building - I mean waking up and the whole bloody room is spinning. No booze (honest!) although it did feel like when I had my first couple of beers at 14..

"

I once had labyrinthitus. Its an inflammation of the labyrinth in the ear. I felt like I was d*unk throughout and would wake up with the room spinning. Wasn't nice and lasted a month. The medication they gave me was antisickness and dizzyness pills. I definitely took them regular as clockwork. Was pretty horrible to be fair. So if you haven't been checked out or diagnosed it's worth checking it isn't that.

PW

Nottingham

"Yes I’ve had vertigo caused by labyrinthitis, you need medication off your doctor to stop the nausea and dizziness. Can’t believe they haven’t given you something "

It was a telephone consultation (Covid innit) and recommended anti histamine tablets (certrazine) and keeping hydrated… call back if it doesn’t clear after a week…

"Yes I’ve had vertigo caused by labyrinthitis, you need medication off your doctor to stop the nausea and dizziness. Can’t believe they haven’t given you something

It was a telephone consultation (Covid innit) and recommended anti histamine tablets (certrazine) and keeping hydrated… call back if it doesn’t clear after a week… "

I would recommend you go get them to look in your ears. Even an ear infection can cause it. Best to be a pain than have it worsen later.

PW

Nottingham

Yes I think I’m gonna have to.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

By *igman_UKMan  over a year ago

Birmingham/Paisley

I started with vertigo 7 years ago, and was off work for nearly 3 months. They think a virus caused nerve damage to the brain. I was given an antinausea drug that reduces dopamine levels, slows everything down a bit and made it more bearable.

As a last resort I tried accupuncture (after spinning for 3 months I was ready to try anything) and after a 1hr session was rock steady for a day, and after a few sessions began to be stable for months. I can now mostly manage things 7 yrs later, but when tired or run down the dizziness comes back.

Good luck, keep your feet flat on the ground and it will ease given time.

By *hroatitboyMan  over a year ago

GLA

I did 3 years ago but it totally disappeared a few months later (thankfully)

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Since October last year. I gave constant tinitus and am undiagnosed because of too many overlapping symptoms.. Possible Vestibular neuronitis, labrynthitis or meniere's.

There's lots of help and support. It's not an easy ride OP but clean diet and finding what works for you will help.

X

Whitley Bay

You need to find out the underlying cause.. Insist your doc investigates and if symptoms persist, get to an audiologist. There are tons of possible causes, not all of them are serious, permanent or damaging.

Sometimes vitamin deficiency, fluid, infection etc

By *oneyBear100Couple  over a year ago

Gatwick area

I have meniere's too!! Absolutely horrendous when it's bad. Add constant tinnitus to that too! I feel for you op

By *oneyBear100Couple  over a year ago

Gatwick area

"Yes. I have Ménière’s disease so it’s a regular occurrence for me

No caffeine, chocolate or alcohol. Sleep well. Keep hydrated and medications such as betahistine can help. "

Exactly this!

Whitley Bay

"Yes. I have Ménière’s disease so it’s a regular occurrence for me

Oh that must suck bad time… I’ve had it the last three days, wears off by lunchtime but it’s wiped me out! "

You will be exhausted. Your brain is working extra hard to manage the confused signals. Try Eplay manoeuvre.. Check it out online

By *intage PrincessWoman  over a year ago

Herts

Yes when I had my covid jab but also due to anaemia

By *onkyLemonsCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Yeap, its the worst! I had it a very years ago and my doctor was lovely he did a series of stuff moving my head into weird positions and it really helped.

Google Semont Maneuver it was something like that. Good luck, I hope it helps

Mrs

By *readsOfValhallaCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

I used to get it All the time like daily buddy. I went through a period of my life where my head took abit of a battering for various reasons. I used to get it minor at first, I used to call them wobbles, then after a heavy Friday night a few years back I thought I'd be clever and I head butted a shutter(d*unk of course) because why wouldn't that be hilarious woke up the next morning stood up and plow hit the deck. Safe to say I take more care to not hit my head anymore even slightly. Scared the shit out of me. It took a while, but now touch wood id say it's been about 2-3 years since my last episode.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

There are a few manoeuvrers for vertigo, one is the The Epley manoeuvrer.. see link. It rebalances the inner ear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4S4CbuN6QA

Me too (mrs) started as Labrynthitus then menieres. Had it for 18 years now.

Best medication i have used and iv'e everything going is Betahistene but you have to ask for it..

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Not necessarily when you’re up a high building - I mean waking up and the whole bloody room is spinning. No booze (honest!) although it did feel like when I had my first couple of beers at 14..

"

I have had vertigo badly twice.

The treatment can take a little while to be effective. Discuss possible interactions with any other medication, even over the counter stuff.

If it still doesn't work, you might have damaged your inner ear somehow. My son had to have Occupational Therapy as a teenager as a result of long-term dizziness caused by an infection. He had to essentially re-train his brain.

Is it vertigo or low vit D??

I was initially diagnosed with vertigo, but asked them to check my vit D too - turned out my vid D levels were through the floor!

I would randomly fall over (spinning/ dizzy) - the sensation was so strong even when I was laid flat on the floor or bed i still had the spinning and falling sensation

Yes... Twice... It's horrific ya just have to wait for it to go, as far as I remember... I think I tried to sleep through most of it, although that was a task in itself

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Is it vertigo or low vit D??

I was initially diagnosed with vertigo, but asked them to check my vit D too - turned out my vid D levels were through the floor!

I would randomly fall over (spinning/ dizzy) - the sensation was so strong even when I was laid flat on the floor or bed i still had the spinning and falling sensation "

Low blood pressure can also cause dizziness.

OP I think you really need to actually see a doctor.

Dizziness can be caused by many things.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I had crystal lodged in my inner ear. It was like being very pissed, except I was stone cold sober.

It was awful.

I had labyrinthitus... also diagnosed over the phone...a long time before covid. I took sturgeron (travel sick pills) for the nausea but to be honest that only lasted a couple of days. The dizziness does go eventually but that was more like 3 months.

If it doesn't go I expect your GP will want to see you to rule out anything more serious but it really isn't necessary at this stage probably unless you have other symptoms you haven't told them about.

"I had labyrinthitus... also diagnosed over the phone...a long time before covid. I took sturgeron (travel sick pills) for the nausea but to be honest that only lasted a couple of days. The dizziness does go eventually but that was more like 3 months.

If it doesn't go I expect your GP will want to see you to rule out anything more serious but it really isn't necessary at this stage probably unless you have other symptoms you haven't told them about. "

Forgot to say that there isn't anything else they will probably do at this stage. You just have to ride it out as unpleasant as it is.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

Yes I’ve had it for about 20 years, my doctor has never given me anything for it apart from anti sickness tablets, I mostly sleep when I have an episode, tbh I can’t do much else but sleep

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"There are a few manoeuvrers for vertigo, one is the The Epley manoeuvrer.. see link. It rebalances the inner ear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4S4CbuN6QA "

Definitely this. It worked for me when I had Labyrinthitis a couple of times

» Add a new message to this topic