FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Single Life..

The Single Life..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Good Morning all.

So I was just thinking, as great as being a singleton can be..

What are the simple things in life you miss the most ?

And rephrased "would miss" for our couples ?

Sunday Morning frolics in bed is one of mine.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I miss the honeymoon period and feeling in love with somebody… you know, that exciting feeling of organising things and desiring somebody. And stupidly enough the warm hugs and kisses (not particularly the sexual ones more like the affectionate ones)

Also, sadly haven’t experienced this for whatever reason, but I want someone to hold my hand in public x haha so silly right

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Much Pissing on the Strawbs

Someone sharing the bills

Some one to put the bins out

"Some one to put the bins out "

Just send me a copy of your council collection timetable!

"I miss the honeymoon period and feeling in love with somebody… you know, that exciting feeling of organising things and desiring somebody. And stupidly enough the warm hugs and kisses (not particularly the sexual ones more like the affectionate ones)

Also, sadly haven’t experienced this for whatever reason, but I want someone to hold my hand in public x haha so silly right "

Not silly

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

I miss the comfortableness of being with someone who really knows, gets you, loves you, wants to bone you at all hours, would give you their last rolo (and their first) and is just fun to be with.

"I miss the comfortableness of being with someone who really knows, gets you, loves you, wants to bone you at all hours, would give you their last rolo (and their first) and is just fun to be with."

Intimacy with your best friend feeling

I don't miss anything.

I'm not probably not normal.

"Someone sharing the bills "

hahaha

Probably tit wanks.

"I miss the honeymoon period and feeling in love with somebody… you know, that exciting feeling of organising things and desiring somebody. And stupidly enough the warm hugs and kisses (not particularly the sexual ones more like the affectionate ones)

Also, sadly haven’t experienced this for whatever reason, but I want someone to hold my hand in public x haha so silly right "

I miss that too, its feels great to walk hand in hand. Like your showing each other off to the world.

Simple things please the most.

Also, sadly haven’t experienced this for whatever reason, but I want someone to hold my hand in public x haha so silly right

Not silly"

Haha such a simple act that seems to have been un achievable so far … not much in private, but in public. I used to tell myself, it doesn’t matter but it does.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

"I miss the comfortableness of being with someone who really knows, gets you, loves you, wants to bone you at all hours, would give you their last rolo (and their first) and is just fun to be with.

Intimacy with your best friend feeling"

Yep. You can get out of bed in the morning looking like Frankenstein and they still love the bones of you.

I miss that too, its feels great to walk hand in hand. Like your showing each other off to the world.

"

Exactly, that’s the message. That it’s the two of you and that you don’t care what others think x

I’ll report back if I’ll ever find that guy who will hold my

hand when walking down the street

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

Silly but I miss someone just to watch tv with. Netflix series aren't the same when you don't have to explain what's going on every 5 minutes

"Silly but I miss someone just to watch tv with. Netflix series aren't the same when you don't have to explain what's going on every 5 minutes "

Good one! I love sharing my knowledge in films and tv series!! So I miss that too x snuggling up also while watching Netflix in bed x

By *onb21Woman  over a year ago

Cardiff

Maybe not a simple thing, but I miss having someone who knows me deeply. Who will say to me "you are being silly" and "I love you" in the same breath.

Someone to cook for

"I miss the comfortableness of being with someone who really knows, gets you, loves you, wants to bone you at all hours, would give you their last rolo (and their first) and is just fun to be with.

Intimacy with your best friend feeling

Yep. You can get out of bed in the morning looking like Frankenstein and they still love the bones of you. "

This, this right here I once had and I miss it too x

"Maybe not a simple thing, but I miss having someone who knows me deeply. Who will say to me "you are being silly" and "I love you" in the same breath."

Two become one...

I miss the little things, holding hands while out, looking into her eyes and smiling and making her blush, holding her when she least expects it and kissing her, waking up and see her awake and smiling at me, telling her I love her. Hearing her tell me she loves me.

Single life is great too. But I do miss intimacy with someone special

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Exactly, that’s the message. That it’s the two of you and that you don’t care what others think x

hand when walking down the street "

Ah I hope you do

And if he's got a good looking brother send him my way

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

I'd probably miss having that simple, comfortable intimacy with someone. Even if it's doing the mundane, like remortgaging or sorting out the hanging baskets, it's joyful because I'm doing it with someone I love and who loves me.

And the language we've developed over time - we have our own little communication style because we know each other so well, the jokes that can have us tearing up with laughter and snorting, the easy answers because we know what the other is thinking, the words of reassurance that we don't need to ask for because there's that connection that means we know when the other needs it.

Most of all, I'd miss him. Even if sometimes he's a proper grumpy old man, my life is better for him being in it.

Sunday morning spooning.

hand when walking down the street

Ah I hope you do

And if he's got a good looking brother send him my way "

Aww thanks lovely!!

I certainly will, would look forward to double dates catch ups haha

Not silly

Haha such a simple act that seems to have been un achievable so far … not much in private, but in public. I used to tell myself, it doesn’t matter but it does. "

It really does xx

"I miss the comfortableness of being with someone who really knows, gets you, loves you, wants to bone you at all hours, would give you their last rolo (and their first) and is just fun to be with."

That’s so well put. And someone to share the dog walking!

Miss getting a coffee in a morning and generally being cared looked after

"I'd probably miss having that simple, comfortable intimacy with someone. Even if it's doing the mundane, like remortgaging or sorting out the hanging baskets, it's joyful because I'm doing it with someone I love and who loves me.

And the language we've developed over time - we have our own little communication style because we know each other so well, the jokes that can have us tearing up with laughter and snorting, the easy answers because we know what the other is thinking, the words of reassurance that we don't need to ask for because there's that connection that means we know when the other needs it.

Most of all, I'd miss him. Even if sometimes he's a proper grumpy old man, my life is better for him being in it. "

Snorting.. love it.

Company is a big miss, just knowing their about.

"Miss getting a coffee in a morning and generally being cared looked after "

Damn I miss that too…

"Miss getting a coffee in a morning and generally being cared looked after "

These things are such simple actions, yet mean so much.. Beautiful

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

The hugs! Naked skin to skin x

"Miss getting a coffee in a morning and generally being cared looked after

These things are such simple actions, yet mean so much.. Beautiful "

It's the little things that mean the most!!

Shoot you'll have me looking on pof or tinder in a minute

"Miss getting a coffee in a morning and generally being cared looked after

These things are such simple actions, yet mean so much.. Beautiful

It's the little things that mean the most!!

Shoot you'll have me looking on pof or tinder in a minute "

May see you there then...

By *ofdiamondsMan  over a year ago

Between wisbech & Kings lynn

For me the biggest thing I miss is just having someone to say good morning etc to and chat about random stuff when I get home from work.

Yes I miss Sunday mornin slow wake up sex. I miss kissing so much bin too long.i miss havin someone to laze on the settee with

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Being in bed and being able to touch another person.... that contented feeling when they feel your hand and spoon in behind you.

"Sunday morning spooning. "

think spoons is open on. sunday morning now

By *hortarseWoman  over a year ago

in the back garden

I don't miss anything. I never had anything in my last relationship. That's why I'm single.

I would love to have just one them things in my next relationship

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

Having someone to cook for, or being fed. Making a decent meal for one just isn't worth it most nights, and it always tastes better when you've not cooked it yourself.

And the grunts, snorts, hisses and other random noises that translate into a full language only the pair of you understand.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"I don't miss anything. I never had anything in my last relationship. That's why I'm single.

I would love to have just one them things in my next relationship "

Mine was the same. I've not had a relationship with the things I miss since my early 20s

Having someone to tell things too and just the little nudges and touches and smiles you give each other to keep that intimacy

i think you will be ok

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Just the simple act of physically using your ability to speak, so you don’t realise you haven’t uttered a word in days

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Being considered. I think the loveliest thing with being a pair is having someone who thinks about you and considers your feelings and needs. It’s nice to be thought about.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I miss:

sitting and reading the Sunday newspapers

waffling and talking b*ll*cks

missing someone

fart competitions

"I don't miss anything. I never had anything in my last relationship. That's why I'm single.

I would love to have just one them things in my next relationship "

Having that person you can't wait to get home too and just walk in and hold them, kiss them and ask how their day was.

Company

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

Just laying with a partner, arms holding each other.

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

Someone to fetch my slippers, the cat really struggles and I’m not going to get a dog (“ain’t picking up no poop, fool”)

By *otBunsHunWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Someone to do things with. Talk, hug, Eat out with, A walk. A couple of drinks all the "normal" stuff. My ex never wanted to do anything even though I constantly tried to suggest things. It's ok being on my own, I go for walks, drinks and take myself out to eat but nice to share the experience o think

"I miss the little things, holding hands while out, looking into her eyes and smiling and making her blush, holding her when she least expects it and kissing her, waking up and see her awake and smiling at me, telling her I love her. Hearing her tell me she loves me. The big things like listening to her day, looking forward to sharing in her dreams and success and helping if I can.

Single life is great too. But I do miss intimacy with someone special "

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"I miss the little things, holding hands while out, looking into her eyes and smiling and making her blush, holding her when she least expects it and kissing her, waking up and see her awake and smiling at me, telling her I love her. Hearing her tell me she loves me. The big things like listening to her day, looking forward to sharing in her dreams and success and helping if I can.

Single life is great too. But I do miss intimacy with someone special "

This! I love my freedom but it's the just having someone there sometimes I miss x

I love being single but am really lucky to have a few fwb with whom I have close connections with.. so when we get together we do the hand holding in public.. dinner & drinks out, morning spooning and when not together regular chats about our days.

We just enjoy the moments we are together but then go back to our single lives. I call it dating lite.. just all the nice bits of dating but no drudgery or taking each other for granted

Best of both worlds IMHO..

In all honesty , intimacy , sharing deep moments .

By *inxybWoman  over a year ago

Durham

There’s so many things I miss, but one thing that always makes me smile is when I’m in the supermarket I happily remember my husband always saying in a rather loud voice, “Minxy, do you want a finger or two?” as he waved a box of Cadbury’s chocolate fingers in the air with a glint in his eye! Happy memories are all that’s left

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

The everyday intimacy - holding hands, cuddling on the sofa watching TV, when you're cooking and feel his hands around your waist and get a kiss on your neck. The little routines you get into. The smile that greets you when you've been out. And generally just having someone to share things with.

Single life is great too. But I do miss intimacy with someone special

This! I love my freedom but it's the just having someone there sometimes I miss x"

It’s a lovely feeling knowing your best friends at home to greet you with a kiss, and a hug that instantly makes your day better. Even if your having a good day x

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

It's a very specific thing for me, and it only works within the intimacy of a relationship.

I love being driven home in the dark after a night out, chatting shit when coccooned in the safe bubble of the car, secure in our own little world.

I really do miss that.

"The everyday intimacy - holding hands, cuddling on the sofa watching TV, when you're cooking and feel his hands around your waist and get a kiss on your neck. The little routines you get into. The smile that greets you when you've been out. And generally just having someone to share things with. "

All of this

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Someone to put my cold feet on in bed

"Someone to put my cold feet on in bed"

"Someone to put my cold feet on in bed"

I'm imagining 2 blocks of ice

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Conversation, a film or food with someone, spooning, the security you feel when you are with someone. That person that you want to ring or text when you open your eyes in the morning. But I would much rather be single than in an unhappy relationship

"Silly but I miss someone just to watch tv with. Netflix series aren't the same when you don't have to explain what's going on every 5 minutes "

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I miss the real deep connection x

By *ougie321Man  over a year ago

Milford Haven

Miss the sound of a vibrator at top speed

Totally agree...

By *lassy_but_sassyWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

"The everyday intimacy - holding hands, cuddling on the sofa watching TV, when you're cooking and feel his hands around your waist and get a kiss on your neck. The little routines you get into. The smile that greets you when you've been out. And generally just having someone to share things with. "

All of this! Plus little inside jokes, feeling completely comfortable enough around someone to reveal deep desires and dreams, knowing that someone has your back, spooning.

Loneliness had me go back for one night to my ex ltr a while ago. That was most definitely a mistake!

By *aeganaWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

I miss someone to cuddle with at night x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Good Morning all.

So I was just thinking, as great as being a singleton can be..

What are the simple things in life you miss the most ?

And rephrased "would miss" for our couples ?

Sunday Morning frolics in bed is one of mine. "

Morning sex for sure

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

"I miss someone to cuddle with at night x"
this

"I miss the real deep connection x"

You should have no problem finding a deep connection x just saying .

Someone to do the food shopping!

Having cuddles in bed before going to sleep

Someone to play with my hair , a cuddle when I've had a crappy day, and being taken out for dinner are all things I miss

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I miss the real deep connection x

You should have no problem finding a deep connection x just saying ."

Easier said than done

"

Slide over to Glasgow and I'll hold your hand walking through the city streets and parks (and I'll chance my arm with a cheeky bum squeeze to) x

"I miss the real deep connection x

You should have no problem finding a deep connection x just saying .

Easier said than done "

Don't I know it

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I mainly miss cuddles and closeness

By *hort Stop 1969Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere in East Lothian

"Conversation, a film or food with someone, spooning, the security you feel when you are with someone. That person that you want to ring or text when you open your eyes in the morning. But I would much rather be single than in an unhappy relationship "

Above and have someone who "gets me", someone who has consideration for me as I would him, "that look" when you glance across to them, no words required; someone to look forward going home to, do the usual "couple" things... I can dream!

By *BWBI2019Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I don't miss anything from the past but I yearn for affection shown by physical touch, being wanted, having a partner in crime etc...

By *nfin8yWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Talking and laughing into the early hours of the morning (face to face) and waking up to a morning cuddle

By *eardedTattManMan  over a year ago

Elland

"I don't miss anything from the past but I yearn for affection shown by physical touch, being wanted, having a partner in crime etc... "

Agree with the being wanted. Being single is hard, nobody trusts single men, that goes for fab or any other way of finding people for different situations!

» Add a new message to this topic