Nope

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Nope "
I asked who HAS been fined £70, not who HAS NOT

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

My daughter changed her car and transferd her dart account or so she thought! Till a bloke turned up saying he was taking the car! Turned out it hadn't been transferred and few months down the line it had escalated without them seding reminders! They admitted it was their fault so only had to pay the one dart charge In end! x

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

No I thought the signs were really good and I stoped at services and paid just before crossing. But I drove to south bank and back in lockdown, roads were deserted and I got about 6 fines for all different things, totalling £280. I kept seeing all weird coloured circles , zines, charges etc but no instructions and assumed there would be a toll booth somewhere

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was. But as a first time they let you off if you read the paperwork. So I did that thing.

Set up automatic payments and the only thing you need think about is the payment card expiry date. They'll take the fee each time you cross automatically. Easy peasy!

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"I was. But as a first time they let you off if you read the paperwork. So I did that thing.

Set up automatic payments and the only thing you need think about is the payment card expiry date. They'll take the fee each time you cross

automatically. Easy peasy! "

Nice of them

TfL are cunts sent me a massive letter saying you have a personal responsibility to understand the systems and processes in place before driving and refused my appeal and my offer to pay original charge

"I was. But as a first time they let you off if you read the paperwork. So I did that thing.

Set up automatic payments and the only thing you need think about is the payment card expiry date. They'll take the fee each time you cross automatically. Easy peasy! "

I've now set an account up with the cunts.

Set up automatic payments and the only thing you need think about is the payment card expiry date. They'll take the fee each time you cross automatically. Easy peasy! I've now set an account up with the cunts. "

they are evil greedy cunts.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Who's been fined £70? "

Nope, I pay the charge.

By *.R.MMan  over a year ago

Nfk/Sfk/Cam

They tried once, I called them and got it cancelled

By *ushtakerMan  over a year ago

Preston

What’s dart ?

"What’s dart ?"

It's the Dartford crossing charge.

NBVN x

Never. Can pay £20 for unlimited crossings if you live in the Dartford borough like me

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Nope I asked who HAS been fined £70, not who HAS NOT"

DON'T CARE

"Never. Can pay £20 for unlimited crossings if you live in the Dartford borough like me"
oh goody for you

By *rivervaderMan  over a year ago

bolton

Nope only use for work so boss pays but got parking ticket at tilbury docks bastards

By *olden PoleMan  over a year ago

Thal

Tricky robbing cunts sent me 2 fines for none payment each way even tho I paid the shit fee.

They’ll try anything to rob a bit more the useless cunts.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Set up automatic payments and the only thing you need think about is the payment card expiry date. They'll take the fee each time you cross automatically. Easy peasy! I've now set an account up with the cunts. they are evil greedy cunts. "

Indeed they are. One time I crossed with my then wife's pre-paid account. She had 2p too little in her account. At the same time they made a mistake with our other car and bombarded us with fines that we successfully appealed.

Unfortunately, amid the batch of 20 false fines, we didn't spot that there was a genuine one for this 2p issue.

By the time we worked out the problem, they had escalated the fines to £200 and weren't backing down. Total utter bastards. Like when it comes to parking fines,too many people see motorists as people to fleece and a licence to print money.

Ruislip

"What’s dart ?"

It's for the Dartford Crossing, a bridge and tunnel across the Thames on the east side of the M25.

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Thought this was for darts in the pub.

"Never. Can pay £20 for unlimited crossings if you live in the Dartford borough like me oh goody for you"

"Never. Can pay £20 for unlimited crossings if you live in the Dartford borough like me oh goody for you"

Lovely by name but not by nature it seems

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

Try £197!

I had moved house but forgot to register my car at my new address so they sent the original fine there and it didn't find me until a debt collector had bought the debt and they finally contacted me months later (apparently they knew early on that I moved).

I was less than an hour late paying the normal fee and rang to speak to someone at the time and they said it was OK and that I wouldn't get a fine....obviously not true.

If you only paid £70 then you got away lightly compared to mine.

"Try £197!

I had moved house but forgot to register my car at my new address so they sent the original fine there and it didn't find me until a debt collector had bought the debt and they finally contacted me months later (apparently they knew early on that I moved). sophie that's terrible. sorry to hear trhat

I was less than an hour late paying the normal fee and rang to speak to someone at the time and they said it was OK and that I wouldn't get a fine....obviously not true.

If you only paid £70 then you got away lightly compared to mine."

"Never. Can pay £20 for unlimited crossings if you live in the Dartford borough like me oh goody for you

Lovely by name but not by nature it seems "

SMD

By *ngelesAndDemonsCouple  over a year ago

Derry, Ireland

"What’s dart ?

It's for the Dartford Crossing, a bridge and tunnel across the Thames on the east side of the M25. "

F**k me I'm glad I'm in Ireland lol they don't even charge for going over the border here I'll stick with driving here lol only fine I got was for points on license plus speeding but as said don't get that over here

I've been prepaying for the crossing since the mid 1990's.

Used to have a little gizmo in the car that git picked up by the barriers.

The great thing about them having switched to ANPR is that I no longer need to have a tag for each vehicle

By *hat BlokeMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

It seems to me they are a proper set and of bastards. If they want you to pay for going over the river, then they ought to put a barrier in the road and let you through when you pay. Not chase you down through your licence plate. Also don’t licence plates come under data protection. Private companies should not have access to your personal data. Sue the DVLA!!

I get fined every time I drive over that bridge as I always forget

By *obajxMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

I worked in Essex for a number of years but rarely used the bridge/tunnel, but got away twice without a fine

First time a grovelling apology after i forgot to pay

I then linked my card so no issues until the card expiry ran out. But as id linked a card and had a payment history, again I was forgiven

The toll bridge up here at Runcorn is a different matter altogether. You have to pay in advance or within 24 hours. There is no option to link a card, so I've been fined twice at £20 a time for late payment

"What’s dart ?

It's for the Dartford Crossing, a bridge and tunnel across the Thames on the east side of the M25.

F**k me I'm glad I'm in Ireland lol they don't even charge for going over the border here I'll stick with driving here lol only fine I got was for points on license plus speeding but as said don't get that over here "

I heard there was only supposed to be a charge to cross for a certain amount of time after its construction. Don't think it will ever be free

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Unless you use the prepay account facilities you have to pay by midnight of the day following your crossing. Make a crossing and spend the weekend away before returning and forget to deal with whilst away and a fine awaits you for a £2.50 crossing .It appears to be a cunning plan to get money by extortion. I have never seen a phone number on a sign to make a call .It's all online which is not always possible at some destinations.

"It seems to me they are a proper set and of bastards. If they want you to pay for going over the river, then they ought to put a barrier in the road and let you through when you pay. Not chase you down through your licence plate. Also don’t licence plates come under data protection. Private companies should not have access to your personal data. Sue the DVLA!!"

The annoying thing is that it should have become free to use from around 2007 (ish) but the then Labour gocernment tgought it better to continue to fleece us motorists

Ruislip

"Try £197!

I had moved house but forgot to register my car at my new address so they sent the original fine there and it didn't find me until a debt collector had bought the debt and they finally contacted me months later (apparently they knew early on that I moved).

If you only paid £70 then you got away lightly compared to mine."

Hanging's too good for 'em.

"Unless you use the prepay account facilities you have to pay by midnight of the day following your crossing. Make a crossing and spend the weekend away before returning and forget to deal with whilst away and a fine awaits you for a £2.50 crossing .It appears to be a cunning plan to get money by extortion. I have never seen a phone number on a sign to make a call .It's all online which is not always possible at some destinations. "

It also works out a lot cheaper if you pre-pay as each crossing only costs £2.00

» Add a new message to this topic