FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cake

Cake

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ionaScarlet OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Dundee

My last makeup job was a disaster! caked like crazy.

I've ordered new foundation - but does anyone have any recommendations for foundation (or techniques) that will prevent it from caking?

I get bored of watching youtube videos which spend the first 20 minutes telling me what kind of brush they are using :P

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can't help as i don't use a foundation, i used to use a tinted moistuiser, now i moisturise, use a cover up dabbed in some areas, under the eyes, chin t zone, and a reddy area i have.then a powder lightly over. Hate seeing you have foundation on, i try to keep it natural looking

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

I don't use liquid foundation, my skin looks worse with it. I use bare minerals powder or Laura Geller baked foundation, both of which are buffed on with a large brush.

Dundee

hmmm maybe just concealer on the chin/jawline then and lighter makeup on the rest. I'll give it a try

thanks

I came here ready to discuss chocolate gateau

By *ereforthefun1Couple  over a year ago

derby

Put moisturiser on before liquid foundation it will help x

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

You have lovely skin. You just need some colour and balance. Watch YouTube videos of applying bare mineral foundations etc. You only need very little of the powder, the more you buff the better coverage. It takes some getting used to after applying liquid foundation. It is very easy, just different.

Dundee

"I came here ready to discuss chocolate gateau "

I'm oddly entertained by the thought of smearing chocolate gateaux on my face.

But sadly...

I'm on a diet

Skincare is the most important step for your foundation.

How is your skin in general? Make sure you're exfoliating and using hydrating products. You can also buy primers that prep your skin.

I'd go for dewy foundations rather than anything matte. I also find a damp beauty blender is the best way to apply foundation for a natural skin like look.

Dundee

"You have lovely skin. You just need some colour and balance. Watch YouTube videos of applying bare mineral foundations etc. You only need very little of the powder, the more you buff the better coverage. It takes some getting used to after applying liquid foundation. It is very easy, just different."

omg - just checked that out on amazon - expensive stuff!

better be good

Dundee

"Skincare is the most important step for your foundation.

How is your skin in general? Make sure you're exfoliating and using hydrating products. You can also buy primers that prep your skin.

I'd go for dewy foundations rather than anything matte. I also find a damp beauty blender is the best way to apply foundation for a natural skin like look. "

My skin is ok in general - I've been able to get away with just applying foundation with my fingers in the past.

but... having said that I have lost a lot of weight in the last year and I'm no longer the winsome young thing I used to be lol

"I came here ready to discuss chocolate gateau

I'm oddly entertained by the thought of smearing chocolate gateaux on my face.

But sadly...

I'm on a diet "

A little bit of what you fancy does you good!

"Skincare is the most important step for your foundation.

I'd go for dewy foundations rather than anything matte. I also find a damp beauty blender is the best way to apply foundation for a natural skin like look.

My skin is ok in general - I've been able to get away with just applying foundation with my fingers in the past.

but... having said that I have lost a lot of weight in the last year and I'm no longer the winsome young thing I used to be lol

"

Well done on your weight loss!

I would definitely invest in some good base products. You can't go wrong wkth hyaluronic acid for moisture and then a moisturiser to plump and soften your skin. I'd recommend The Ordinary if you haven't heard of them, they are quite cheap too but high quality. X

"My last makeup job was a disaster! caked like crazy.

I've ordered new foundation - but does anyone have any recommendations for foundation (or techniques) that will prevent it from caking?

I get bored of watching youtube videos which spend the first 20 minutes telling me what kind of brush they are using :P"

I use YSL tient touché eclat; it goes on really easy. Sometimes for a quick application I'll use my fingers and sometimes I'll use a brush if I want a bit more pamper, pomp and ceremony.

Goes on like a dream and the light effect within it gives a flawless natural finish. It also can make you look blemish and wrinkle free when using a flash.

I like my make up to be more natural, like I woke up this morning with dewy wrinkle blemish free skin, and then add a few smoke and mirror techniques with the right colour shadow/mascara/blush etc.

A touch on the pricey side but if there is one thing I have learned over the years it is get the foundation right, and the rest will follow.

It also lasts forever - I use it most days as a light barely there cover, and a few times a month for a glam night out - it lasts me over 4 mths.

They changed the formula a few years back and it was horrid, they have since reverted back.

Now I'm waffling, you get the point Elle x

I don’t know if it will prevent from caking but most girls I know use a damp beauty blender, seems to give a more natural look.

Coconut oil is my moisturiser and I'll do a deep nourish with a nappy cream. So much is just marketing.

Dundee

"You have lovely skin. You just need some colour and balance. Watch YouTube videos of applying bare mineral foundations etc. You only need very little of the powder, the more you buff the better coverage. It takes some getting used to after applying liquid foundation. It is very easy, just different."

OK - I'm a total convert to this bare minerals stuff! Its awesome!

barely even feels like I'm wearing any makeup at all!

Thankyou so much!!

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I use tropic makeup or bare minerals. I apply i lttle at a time with a kabuki brush then a setting spray.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

I use a nars primer and then Laura geller balance & brighten mineral foundation. If it’s a night out I use Armani liquid foundation with a damp beauty blender and don’t use too much, pat it onto skin don’t drag it along face

The E.L.F putty primer was a game changer for me, no caking at all and make up last all day with no need for setting spray.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I find mine goes cakey if I don't let my moisturiser soak in properly first. Also a good primer can help. Some foundations are heavier than others though. I used to wear urban decay naked skin which is nice and light but if you need full coverage it's probably not for you. My mum used to use one from boots no 7 that went on very smoothly but was quite oily. Good for dry skin though. Some places do samples if you want to try them out. Urban decay do.

» Add a new message to this topic