FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Got to hurt….

Got to hurt….

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So a theme I am noticing, people ask for a face pic so I send and then no reply. Now I realise I am no oil painting but not even a no thanks haha

Would you say ‘no thanks’ or would you just ghost?

(Don’t worry my feelings aren’t hurt this is just fab I can take it, chin up soldier)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If I open a message, I generally respond to it (unless it's abusive or really vulgar).

So yeah, I'd tell you either way.

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

I’d respond either way, not going to be everyone’s cup of tea and whilst some people may take offence most that I have said I’m not attracted too seen to appreciate the honesty x

"If I open a message, I generally respond to it (unless it's abusive or really vulgar).

So yeah, I'd tell you either way."

Well at least I know where to come for a no thanks

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

If I've sent a message and asked for a face pic I will respond, even if that's a thanks but no thanks.

If someone just sends it through on an initial message then I may or may not. It's not to do with the face pic, it's to do with the profile and the message and whether I think there's anything that we can talk about.

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

I would always give a polite no thank you.

"I’d respond either way, not going to be everyone’s cup of tea and whilst some people may take offence most that I have said I’m not attracted too seen to appreciate the honesty x"

I fully get this. I appreciate I’m not for everyone so rejection isn’t what hurts. But I just wondered why there’s ghosting rather than no thanks ha

"If I've sent a message and asked for a face pic I will respond, even if that's a thanks but no thanks.

If someone just sends it through on an initial message then I may or may not. It's not to do with the face pic, it's to do with the profile and the message and whether I think there's anything that we can talk about."

Yeah fair enough….

"I would always give a polite no thank you."

Noted

"I’d respond either way, not going to be everyone’s cup of tea and whilst some people may take offence most that I have said I’m not attracted too seen to appreciate the honesty x

I fully get this. I appreciate I’m not for everyone so rejection isn’t what hurts. But I just wondered why there’s ghosting rather than no thanks ha "

People are either trying to spare your feelings, or worried you'll send abuse after the rejection, or you just won't accept it and they'll keep messaging and asking "why not, what's wrong with me?"

Happens a lot.

"I’d respond either way, not going to be everyone’s cup of tea and whilst some people may take offence most that I have said I’m not attracted too seen to appreciate the honesty x

I fully get this. I appreciate I’m not for everyone so rejection isn’t what hurts. But I just wondered why there’s ghosting rather than no thanks ha

People are either trying to spare your feelings, or worried you'll send abuse after the rejection, or you just won't accept it and they'll keep messaging and asking "why not, what's wrong with me?"

Happens a lot."

Haha oh I would take rejection with a smile it happens in life. Just because it’s fab doesn’t mean it’s any different, no expectancy here.

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

I think it's not so much the asking and sending of face pics, it's the entitlement of those stipulating it without any of their own being on show. I realise we all need discretion, I used to have a face pic on public show, but decided against this time around. If I start chatting to someone and they ask, that is slightly different, but for those profiles that insist on it with a first message, I just avoid.

"I think it's not so much the asking and sending of face pics, it's the entitlement of those stipulating it without any of their own being on show. I realise we all need discretion, I used to have a face pic on public show, but decided against this time around. If I start chatting to someone and they ask, that is slightly different, but for those profiles that insist on it with a first message, I just avoid."

No this was after a few messages. Each to their own, like I said I was just curious what others would do.

Happens a lot.

Haha oh I would take rejection with a smile it happens in life. Just because it’s fab doesn’t mean it’s any different, no expectancy here. "

Which is great, but they don't know that.

"I think it's not so much the asking and sending of face pics, it's the entitlement of those stipulating it without any of their own being on show. I realise we all need discretion, I used to have a face pic on public show, but decided against this time around. If I start chatting to someone and they ask, that is slightly different, but for those profiles that insist on it with a first message, I just avoid.

No this was after a few messages. Each to their own, like I said I was just curious what others would do."

Being a fugly, it happens quite often to me. Very often I will get a 'thanks but don't think you are for us/me' but occasionally it's just the end of the conversation. Which is fine because it's expected.

Happens a lot.

Haha oh I would take rejection with a smile it happens in life. Just because it’s fab doesn’t mean it’s any different, no expectancy here.

Which is great, but they don't know that. "

Fair enough…. I will

Pull up my big boy briefs and carry on

"I think it's not so much the asking and sending of face pics, it's the entitlement of those stipulating it without any of their own being on show. I realise we all need discretion, I used to have a face pic on public show, but decided against this time around. If I start chatting to someone and they ask, that is slightly different, but for those profiles that insist on it with a first message, I just avoid.

No this was after a few messages. Each to their own, like I said I was just curious what others would do.

Being a fugly, it happens quite often to me. Very often I will get a 'thanks but don't think you are for us/me' but occasionally it's just the end of the conversation. Which is fine because it's expected. "

That was my question though, a no thanks or a ghost.

By *rivervaderMan  over a year ago

bolton

I fully get this. I appreciate I’m not for everyone so rejection isn’t what hurts. But I just wondered why there’s ghosting rather than no thanks ha "

I get the same response it’s s killer not knowing

Being a fugly, it happens quite often to me. Very often I will get a 'thanks but don't think you are for us/me' but occasionally it's just the end of the conversation. Which is fine because it's expected.

That was my question though, a no thanks or a ghost. "

Does it really matter? It's the end of the conversation either way.

That was my question though, a no thanks or a ghost.

Does it really matter? It's the end of the conversation either way. "

I realise the outcome is the same but my question was … would you say no thanks or ghost my question wasnT which is better. It was a curious question to find out what people tend to do so that way I would find out if it was a common thing.

I take it you've notvread the site FAQ's OP.

The subject of 'no replies' is covered there.

Some users get inundated with messages and it simply isn't practical for them to reply to all of them. A non-reply should be taken as a 'no, thank you'.

Let's put it another way.

Those take away menus that get posted through your door.

Did you ask for them?

Did you invite them?

Do you phone each establishment to tell them you're not interested?

I'm guessing most of them go straight in the bin.

Would an inbox full of 'no thanks' messages really make you feel any better?

"I take it you've notvread the site FAQ's OP.

Some users get inundated with messages and it simply isn't practical for them to reply to all of them. A non-reply should be taken as a 'no, thank you'.

Did you ask for them?

Did you invite them?

Would an inbox full of 'no thanks' messages really make you feel any better?"

Again missed my point…I appreciate that you told me the rules … but I was asked for a pic and then no reply. My question in this was what do others do? Do they ghost or reply with a no thank you it wasn’t ‘I expect a reply and now I am dog hurt for not getting one’

Take new pics and see if it helps. Try different style too

Did you ask for them?

Did you invite them?

Again missed my point…I appreciate that you told me the rules … but I was asked for a pic and then no reply. My question in this was what do others do? Do they ghost or reply with a no thank you it wasn’t ‘I expect a reply and now I am dog hurt for not getting one’ "

It happens.

Some conversations just dry up too

By *rivervaderMan  over a year ago

bolton

Did you ask for them?

Did you invite them?

Would an inbox full of 'no thanks' messages really make you feel any better?"

I would rather it be deleted than left so I know not to message again

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

This is so awkward. I handle it badly.

"Take new pics and see if it helps. Try different style too "

Thank you for the advice, appreciate the help x

Did you ask for them?

Did you invite them?

Again missed my point…I appreciate that you told me the rules … but I was asked for a pic and then no reply. My question in this was what do others do? Do they ghost or reply with a no thank you it wasn’t ‘I expect a reply and now I am dog hurt for not getting one’

It happens.

Some conversations just dry up too"

No I get that ha people I was just asking what do you do? That’s all … it was a combo starter ha

"This is so awkward. I handle it badly. "

Haha we all handle situations differently .. I was just intrigued to find out who does which

"So a theme I am noticing, people ask for a face pic so I send and then no reply. Now I realise I am no oil painting but not even a no thanks haha

(Don’t worry my feelings aren’t hurt this is just fab I can take it, chin up soldier)"

I was brung up proper

So I reply to all messages

Missy x

I wouldn't reply to ask for a face pic

Assuming you messaged first... I would probably wouldn't message first if I couldn't see a face tho... Not looking for a playmate anyway

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

If I ask for a face picture it’s generally because I am interested in that person. Also I’d only ask it we had exchanged a few messages prior to the request and I think yes, I’d consider meeting you if I find you attractive. However if I then received that picture and didn’t think you were my type I would definitely reply and let you know.

This has meant I have had to take some abuse afterwards occasionally but more often they’ve been ok with knowing.

If you send a message with a face picture attached out of the blue, then I don’t feel I have to respond.

"So a theme I am noticing, people ask for a face pic so I send and then no reply. Now I realise I am no oil painting but not even a no thanks haha

(Don’t worry my feelings aren’t hurt this is just fab I can take it, chin up soldier)

I was brung up proper

So I reply to all messages

Missy x"

Just what I likes to hear

"Assuming you messaged first... I would probably wouldn't message first if I couldn't see a face tho... Not looking for a playmate anyway "

We were chatting, they asked for a face pic, I sent it and then there was no reply. It happens I was just curious what others do

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

You see I won’t share a face pic unless the other party also share unconditionally including the male half of a couple.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Usually if someone sends a face pic we reply, even if it's a no thanks.

It's rare we receive them.

Miss

That's why it's already on show.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Usually "not for me thanks" suffices. Doesn't mean you're ugly... Just not my type

I think its only polite to respond if a picture has been asked for.

"Usually "not for me thanks" suffices. Doesn't mean you're ugly... Just not my type"

But you reply? that’s what I was also my folk, if they reply or just ghost

Happened to me this week, several messages, then send face pic a d nothing, just rude I feel.

» Add a new message to this topic