FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gluten free

Gluten free

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icearms OP   Man  over a year ago

KIDLINGTON

I am going gluten free as I think I may have an intolerance. The aim is to cut large quantities of gluten out. At the moment I'm not too bothered about traces in sauces etc.

Anyone got any good ideas for recipes etc as I'm finding it a bit tough for inspiration.. so far rice and salad is my friend and I have found red lentil pasta which is OK.

I've been 6 days now and do feel a lot better for it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

You are lucky, there are huge sections in supermarkets with gluten free stuff now. When I had to try it years ago it was pretty grim.

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

Luckily there’s loads of recipes online these days, and the supermarkets have finally caught up! Morrison’s sell gluten free pasta which is the same price as normal pasta, and it’s lovely, they’re the cheapest for gf and have a really good range! I tend to find a recipe and just switch to my gluten free ingredients, comes out the same! Beer is my stumbling block, the alternatives aren’t great! I hope you start to feel a bit better cutting it out, good luck

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Both my brother and father have Coeliac disease and so have to go gluten free. My brother is also vegetarian.

I would suggest having a look for Coeliac cook books and the like as a starting point.

Might I also suggest a visit to your GP for a Coeliac blood test.

Coeliac disease is an inherited condition. Often it lies dormant and is usually triggered by some kind of shock to the system.

"I am going gluten free as I think I may have an intolerance. The aim is to cut large quantities of gluten out. At the moment I'm not too bothered about traces in sauces etc.

Anyone got any good ideas for recipes etc as I'm finding it a bit tough for inspiration.. so far rice and salad is my friend and I have found red lentil pasta which is OK.

I've been 6 days now and do feel a lot better for it. "

What are you eating to replace bread? I've tried the supermarket products, but the only thing I like is the pasta alternative.

I've got a few

Lentil fritters

Beanburgers

Sweet potatoe pepper and peanut stew

Med stew

Stuffed marrow

Mushroom biriani

Dhal

Want more?