FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Menopause advice

Menopause advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Seems like I need some advice.

Wife is late 40s.

She stopped having periods 3 months ago and now she has started again but not as heavy.

First period she has had in 3 months.

Is this normal for someone going thru menopause?

Thanks x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Could be perimenopause. If she's concerned then she should talk to her Dr but as far as I know irregular bleeding is part of the menopause process as your body adjusts to new hormone cycles.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Yes it is usual for periods to become less frequent and then stop altogether.

Drs usually advise that periods have ceased to be when a woman hasn't had one for about two years.

Whilst the menopause is NOT an illness maybe you and your wife could visit a well woman clinic - speak to a doctor or do some serious reading.

The menopause starts much earlier than many people think and lasts for some time after the final period. It can be a very stressful time for many women due to the fluctuation in hormones and the FACT that people convince them they are crazy ...... they are not. They need self love and love of others.

That said - I sailed through mine.

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

Sounds pretty normal but she'd probably be better off speaking to her Gp about it than getting advice from a swingers site. The docs can do a blood test to confirm if she is menopausal and they might suggest she tries hrt etc.

K

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 31/07/21 10:12:14]

King's Crustacean

Whoops ..... made a joke. Forgot it's not allowed.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Like another poster, perimenopause which can last years

midlands

Thanks for the advice x

Completely normal ... I'm 53 and I'm down to, roughly, two a year so very much perimenopausal the menopause starts when your periods have been absent for a year and can be confirmed with a blood test then

Theres some good info on the web and youtube

"Sounds pretty normal but she'd probably be better off speaking to her Gp about it than getting advice from a swingers site. The docs can do a blood test to confirm if she is menopausal and they might suggest she tries hrt etc.

K"

I’ve had loads of good advice on here. There are lots of women who have been through it, and sometimes you want to talk to people who’ve experienced it.

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

There is a website called menopause matters. And a Facebook group called uk ladies menopause support group that is excellent. You can ask anything and people will help you. Sometimes people just use it as a private place to rant and offload emotions. Really good group. Pm me if you want me to invite you to join x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes, it's normal.

The whole experience of menopause is normal. There are loads of *possible* symptoms not everyone will experience them all.

Having said that any abnormal bleeding is worth checking out.

I had my last period at around 57 after an 18 month break, the gynaecologist I saw told me the oldest woman they'd seen who was still having regular periods was 62.

Arm yourself with knowledge, expect the best but prepare for the worst.

midlands

"Sounds pretty normal but she'd probably be better off speaking to her Gp about it than getting advice from a swingers site. The docs can do a blood test to confirm if she is menopausal and they might suggest she tries hrt etc.

K

I’ve had loads of good advice on here. There are lots of women who have been through it, and sometimes you want to talk to people who’ve experienced it."

Thank you x

midlands

"Yes, it's normal.

The whole experience of menopause is normal. There are loads of *possible* symptoms not everyone will experience them all.

Having said that any abnormal bleeding is worth checking out.

I had my last period at around 57 after an 18 month break, the gynaecologist I saw told me the oldest woman they'd seen who was still having regular periods was 62.

Arm yourself with knowledge, expect the best but prepare for the worst. "

Thanks all. Will pass all the info to the mrs.

Thank you all x

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Mine stated again after ten months with my first covid jab which was very annoying.but yes irregular bleeding is common. That is why they don't consider you menapausal until you have been period free for 12 months.

» Add a new message to this topic