FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Four in a bed

Four in a bed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have you ever watched an episode and booked a stay on the basis of what you've seen?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Have you ever watched an episode and booked a stay on the basis of what you've seen? "

I've thought about it. Got to say the prices put me off....... most of them are total Rip Off and I do believe that the programme is partly responsible for price hikes just like the do your house magnolia drove up house prices when they started.

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

I never watched but i have been more than once with four in a bed

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I love four in a bed, it really is a guilty pleasure

I have recognised places I have stayed in prior. Not sure I would book a hotel solely from the show but would definitely check them out on the booking site

"Have you ever watched an episode and booked a stay on the basis of what you've seen?

I've thought about it. Got to say the prices put me off....... most of them are total Rip Off and I do believe that the programme is partly responsible for price hikes just like the do your house magnolia drove up house prices when they started."

I blame Ann Maurice

Remember her Granny?

King's Crustacean

God yes!

And many before her. We were all happy in our unique homes. Cosy and clean was all that mattered. Then boom! everyone wants what everyone else had got and that was driven by t.v. Magnolia walls and avacado bathrooms...... right across the nation.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No.

And as a result of the first no the answer to your second question is also no.

By *iving Bi a TryMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

I've seen a few that I WOULDN'T stay in as a result of the show!

Do you remember an episode where the bloke had a restaurant downstairs? One of the beds was king size with a mattress that was too small, so he'd shoved extra pillows down the side to fill the gap!

Gbat

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Nope but we love to watch and criticise what with us knowing nothing at all about the hospitality industry . We're also pretty good at knowing more than Alex Polizzi

King's Crustacean

To answer you properly Bussy ..... there's a hotel in Blackpool that i'd stay in. I really admired the attitude and work ethic of the mum and son team.

Sometimes even the 'grubbier' places appeal to me because of the hosts and the freindly feel of the place.

Who needs a palace? Just a good nights sleep, somewhere to wash and a good breakfast to send you off.....

"Nope but we love to watch and criticise what with us knowing nothing at all about the hospitality industry . We're also pretty good at knowing more than Alex Polizzi "

We reckon the producers carry a little tupperware tub of pubes round with them, placing them about the rooms for dramatic effect

"To answer you properly Bussy ..... there's a hotel in Blackpool that i'd stay in. I really admired the attitude and work ethic of the mum and son team.

Sometimes even the 'grubbier' places appeal to me because of the hosts and the freindly feel of the place.

Who needs a palace? Just a good nights sleep, somewhere to wash and a good breakfast to send you off..... "

I must admit, how the owners conduct themselves is a bigger driver than the property or location

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Love this programme the way they look for dust

Would I book anywhere

No

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

It’s one of my favourite shows.

I favour the places that serve up a breakfast, none of this hamper malarkey for me!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Nope but we love to watch and criticise what with us knowing nothing at all about the hospitality industry . We're also pretty good at knowing more than Alex Polizzi

We reckon the producers carry a little tupperware tub of pubes round with them, placing them about the rooms for dramatic effect "

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It’s one of my favourite shows.

I favour the places that serve up a breakfast, none of this hamper malarkey for me! "

Nooo. Any hint of a hamper and we're off. If I turned up to a gift with an outside bathroom and a cool your own breakfast on a barbecue I'd hate it

King's Crustacean

I confess.........

Never ever have I booked in somewhere and stripped the bed to inspect the matress.

Never ever have I run my fingers under the toilet rim (barf)

Never even have I examined the shower outlet with my beady eyes and a torch

Never ever have I put my cases down and run my fingers over all the picture frames and other surfaces

Never ever have I gone down to breakfast and said .......... cereal , juice, fruit, cheese, cold meats , Croissants, yoghurt , fruit compote , toast butter, marmalade, tea, coffee, sausage , egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, beans , blackpuddin and porridge please.....

What ! No fucking kippers ??? 3 points never staying again!

King's Crustacean

I favour the places that serve up a breakfast, none of this hamper malarkey for me!

Nooo. Any hint of a hamper and we're off. If I turned up to a gift with an outside bathroom and a cool your own breakfast on a barbecue I'd hate it"

Cook your own on a bbq That's like work innit ......

I loathe those little treat activities..... and today make a plant pot ? Fuck off....... you make a plant pot.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Nooo. Any hint of a hamper and we're off. If I turned up to a gift with an outside bathroom and a cool your own breakfast on a barbecue I'd hate it"

This should say yurt not gift. Gifts are good, yurts are tents with carpets and wood burners.

» Add a new message to this topic