FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Good Deeds

Good Deeds

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

A poster that I admire. Not sure if you are allowed to name people but her last name rhymes with Tiles told me that my posts were too serious.

To lighten the mood my question is about good deeds.

What is the most memorable and nicest good deed that you have done for a person or that another person has done for you...

I changed a car tyre for an elderly couple who had a puncture on Southend tea front. The elderly lady was so pleased that she put 40 pence in my hand and insisted that I bought myself a cup of tea...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Myself and another forum member clubbed together and paid for a weeks shopping delivery for an ex forumite who was struggling financially and living on cereal, he was diabetic and I didn’t want him getting sick so had to intervene.

"Myself and another forum member clubbed together and paid for a weeks shopping delivery for an ex forumite who was struggling financially and living on cereal, he was diabetic and I didn’t want him getting sick so had to intervene. "

That's because you are a lovely women. X

"Myself and another forum member clubbed together and paid for a weeks shopping delivery for an ex forumite who was struggling financially and living on cereal, he was diabetic and I didn’t want him getting sick so had to intervene.

That's because you are a lovely women. X"

Thank you. x

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

A couple of years ago, a friend ended up being made homeless, even though I didn't have the room to do it, I insisted he stay at mine till he got himself sorted.

Earlier this year, knowing I was struggling with everything that was going on, he repaid what I did with a load of shopping and a load of meals for my freezer, it actually brought me to tears

"Myself and another forum member clubbed together and paid for a weeks shopping delivery for an ex forumite who was struggling financially and living on cereal, he was diabetic and I didn’t want him getting sick so had to intervene.

That's because you are a lovely women. X

Thank you. x "

Speak soon x

My cousin let me stay with him between house moves, I had no where else to go and was ready to live in my car, put me up rent free for 6 months, I owe a huge debt.

I’d rather not mention my tireless charity work. But the kindest thing a stranger did for me was I had a blow out on my bike, long story short a woman was cycling past, asked where I lived, I was about 12 miles from home, she cycled back to her nearby farm, got her car and dropped me and my bike home, it was in the middle of winter and snowing, she wouldn’t take anything for it either.

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

My good deed is a current ongoing thing, I have a friend who has just come out of rehab.

I am his AA sponsor, and i see him twice a week for coffee and positive support

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I rescued an inebriated pensioner from a waterlogged gutter one night.

She had fallen over after alighting her taxi and the driver hadn't noticed.

She was too inebriated and frail to get herself out of the puddle.

I stopped my car because I thought it was a kid laying in the road.

I had to get her neither to help me pull her up, then I got her in her house, helped her out of her soaked coat, then got her duvet and nightdress from her bed so she could sleep downstairs on the sofa.

When I got in my husband accused me of seeing a man, as I took so long.

By *appyharryhMan  over a year ago

Burntwood

I bought a pizza from a restaurant for a homeless lady when I was on my way to the theatre.

The pizza looked nice so after the show I went to get myself one, I asked for a beer while I waited and they refused to serve me because they said I was too d*unk… new I should have asked her for a slice

Not gonna say about things I do for others, but a very nice man changed my flat tyre for me up on the Chase in the middle of a snow storm once. I will always be grateful x

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

A fabulous fellow forumite arranged for me to collect (as a surprise) a signed album from a Levellers gig. And made me an amazing birthday cake for my 40th birthday at Xtasia

J x

I let a friend kiss my pants and then slip his penis inside me

I caught an elderly lady when she overbalanced and was about to fall backwards into an open fire.

The other day I nearly got the police called on me for shop lifting was standing in the corner shop waiting to be served seen a old lady struggling to open the shop door with her little shopping trolley didn’t think I quickly movied to hold the door open for her

Forgetting I had stuff in my hands shop keeper though I was trying to run out the door with stuff he jumped the counter and then realised I was just holding the door open for the old lady

I once was seeing this woman who I adored but she wasn't in the same headspace and it eventually parted ways.

This isn't as bad as it sounds but she had stress alopecia and liked to get regular hair extensions woven in so her crowning glory still looked good. I bought her £150 worth after we'd split up, and while that obviously sounds like a "get back with me, you'll never find nicer" ploy, I can still look back and honestly say it was something done out of love and caring; I knew in my heart we were finished but still felt the need for one last unselfish act.

Random sma act today in Hammersmith, cycling round and noted van had left fuel cap open and dangling.

Stopped beside him, opened door, screwed it back on then closed.

He shouted at me for about half a second then realised what he had done and gave big thumbs up.

Look out for each other people.

Done loads more but as its part of my job I can't count them.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I told Essex Tom that he was fine as he was and he shouldn't try to please anyone whose name rhymes with Tiles and that joining in with the schmaltz just doesn't suit him.

He read , thought and reverted.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

I help an old lady across the road once. She didn’t say thank you. I think she’s in the forums now

My alcoholic, homeless friend moved in for a few months.. It was very stressful, but it was a haven for her amidst the chaos of her life

"I help an old lady across the road once. She didn’t say thank you. I think she’s in the forums now "

Did she actually want to cross the road or was she left feeling abducted?

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

I recently paid the vet bill for my friends dog he’s been out of work for a while and his dog needed an operation it was quite expensive but the difference it made to him to know he had the money to help his dog and I know once he’s back on his feet financially I’ll get it back I know he’d do the same for me

By *nfin8yWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

I stayed with a lady who was being threatened by a very aggressive man (later found out it was her ex). She was in her car which he was banging on and yelling at her. I phoned the police (and made sure he knew I was) and stayed with her until he left and she’d had time to tell the police what happened and calm down a bit. I did suggest it may not be safe to meet with him again and offered to be a witness to his threatening behaviour.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

I once acted as a getaway driver for a woman who was being attacked in the street by her fella. I’d just left my then boyfriends house and was heading home and just around the corner from his it was all kicking off. I saw a woman struggling with a bloke and he seemed to have the upper hand and was all over her. I pulled over, stopped the car and asked if she was ok, she was crying and screaming at him and said no, he’d hit her. I told her to get in and as we went to drive off he threw himself against the passenger door shouting at her, I shit myself (not literally, thankfully) and drove off and pulled in somewhere when safely away to ask what the hell was going on. She said he was her boyfriend and was d*unk and they’d had a row and he’d started hitting her. She was worried because she’d left her kids in the house and she couldn’t get rid of him. I was in a bit of a flap because I’m not good in a crisis and it was before mobile phones (I was 19 ish).

So I drove her to a phone box and told her to ring the Police and explain everything to them and they would check on the kids and get him to leave. We sat in my car until the Police came, she got in the car, chatted to them and they drove off.

I went home.

East London

"I told Essex Tom that he was fine as he was and he shouldn't try to please anyone whose name rhymes with Tiles and that joining in with the schmaltz just doesn't suit him.

He read , thought and reverted. "

Tom is cute.

East London

"I help an old lady across the road once. She didn’t say thank you. I think she’s in the forums now "

I didn't want to cross the road, I was flagging down a taxi

"Myself and another forum member clubbed together and paid for a weeks shopping delivery for an ex forumite who was struggling financially and living on cereal, he was diabetic and I didn’t want him getting sick so had to intervene. "

Wow that was a truly wonderful thing you both did.

I don’t do nice apparently,

I won’t give away details, but one thing I have done since starting up on my own is every year starting 23rd Dec till 2nd Jan I offer free emergency call outs 24/7 to the over 65’s living in their own homes upto max 2hrs. Usually I can fix or arrange a temporary fix within that time so I can restore power and lighting.

By *w79Man  over a year ago

Stalbridge

I towed a mother & son who's car had broken down on a blind bend to a layby so they would be safe.

After I only just. Missed them as I came around the blind bend.

Her son was learning to drive & had cooked the clutch. Which you could smell even above my tyre smoke as they locked in emergency.

By *ephistoCouple  over a year ago

torrance

I have done a few good deeds for people that others may or may not have done, but I found was necessary for the situation. On the other hand, I have been the recipient of good deeds from others many times.

I was talking to my favorite uncle one day and he said that he did not own anything of his father’s. He seemed to be sad about this. I told him that I did. It was his father’s wedding ring which I had possessed on my finger. I gave it to him. He told me he couldn’t accept this gift as tears came down his cheeks. I told him it was his and he was the rightful owner. So now he had something from his father.

I don't do good deeds to brag.

"I don't do good deeds to brag."

I get that, and definitely feel the same, though also recognise the value in some sharing their stories in a way that isn’t bragging too. Always a fine balance.

There isn't one event that sticks out. But recently I'll buy food for homeless people. Some don't get treated very well if they go into a shop or cafe. So I'll ask what is they would like to eat & go in which ever place they prefer & buy it for them.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I wank old men off

Wow that was a truly wonderful thing you both did. "

Thank you.

STOKE ON TRENT

Yeah that's amazing xxx

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

A lady with a pram complained to the council that a residents hedge was overgrown and that she could not get past with her double buggy. The council wrote to the old lady and told her that it was her responsibility to get it cut.. a friend and I offered to do it for her so we cut it right back and got rid of all the green waste.. a couple of years later it had got overgrown again and she complained to the council that I was not cutting her hedge..

STOKE ON TRENT

"A lady with a pram complained to the council that a residents hedge was overgrown and that she could not get past with her double buggy. The council wrote to the old lady and told her that it was her responsibility to get it cut.. a friend and I offered to do it for her so we cut it right back and got rid of all the green waste.. a couple of years later it had got overgrown again and she complained to the council that I was not cutting her hedge.. "

Ok

» Add a new message to this topic