FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Vin 3

Vin 3

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Bit of a personal thread but have had a biopsy done down below a couple of weeks ago but today I had a letter back & its says I got VIN 3 has any other lady gone through this & actually what does it mean I have tried to google it but it’s not making any sense to me thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Google HPV 3

"Google HPV 3 "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had CIN3 which is precancerous cells but not from HPV, had to have a LLETZ procedure done to remove it. 3 years later I’m all clear no cancer.

Not heard of VIN though weird??

Ah VIN involves the vulva CIN is the cervix. So basically pre cancerous cells on your vulva. You’ll just need them removed I assume?

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

[Removed by poster at 31/07/21 15:28:45]

"Google HPV 3

So, herpes....?"

No! HPV is the human papilloma virus. Not herpes which is the HSV virus

Good luck op.

Take care you are in my thoughts xx

hoorn, Netherlands

"Google HPV 3

So, herpes....?

No! HPV is the human papilloma virus. Not herpes which is the HSV virus "

ah my mistake, I always thought hpv was herpes but it seems I am wrong. Every days a school day

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

I just recently had cin 2 cells removed ..It took about 40 mins and I didn’t feel a thing now I’m having 6 monthly checks.As someone else has already said read up on hpv as it can be a little confusing .

"Google HPV 3

So, herpes....?

No! HPV is the human papilloma virus. Not herpes which is the HSV virus ah my mistake, I always thought hpv was herpes but it seems I am wrong. Every days a school day"

Nope. They’re similar but different. Girls get the HPV vaccine at school to prevent cervical cancer. There is not a vaccine currently for herpes.

"I just recently had cin 2 cells removed ..It took about 40 mins and I didn’t feel a thing now I’m having 6 monthly checks.As someone else has already said read up on hpv as it can be a little confusing ."

Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling well. You should go back to yearly then 3 yearly soon. That’s what I did.

BOOK YOUR SMEARS ! They might just save your life.

hoorn, Netherlands

"Google HPV 3

So, herpes....?

No! HPV is the human papilloma virus. Not herpes which is the HSV virus ah my mistake, I always thought hpv was herpes but it seems I am wrong. Every days a school day

Nope. They’re similar but different. Girls get the HPV vaccine at school to prevent cervical cancer. There is not a vaccine currently for herpes. "

But its still an std from what I can see googling, correct?

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

There is some good information on the Macmillan & Cancer Research websites if you want to look x Although high grade it looks very treatable.

Good luck OP xxx

J x

"Google HPV 3

So, herpes....?

No! HPV is the human papilloma virus. Not herpes which is the HSV virus ah my mistake, I always thought hpv was herpes but it seems I am wrong. Every days a school day

Nope. They’re similar but different. Girls get the HPV vaccine at school to prevent cervical cancer. There is not a vaccine currently for herpes.

But its still an std from what I can see googling, correct?"

Incorrect

Whilst having sexual contact can lead to HPV it isn’t a sexual transmitted disease as such and poses no risk to your male partner. It causes the cervix cells to change and causes pre cancerous cells, so nothing like your usual sti suspects as they can’t lead to cancer and you can get it without even having had sex too.

There is so much misinformation and misunderstandings around the two. I’m glad we’re having this ted talk lol.

Chams or Socials

"Google HPV 3

So, herpes....?

But its still an std from what I can see googling, correct?"

No, it’s a skin condition

J x

"Ah VIN involves the vulva CIN is the cervix. So basically pre cancerous cells on your vulva. You’ll just need them removed I assume? "
I got to attend another appointment at the end of next month thanks though

"Google HPV 3

So, herpes....?

Incorrect

Whilst having sexual contact can lead to HPV it isn’t a sexual transmitted disease as such and poses no risk to your male partner. It causes the cervix cells to change and causes pre cancerous cells, so nothing like your usual sti suspects as they can’t lead to cancer and you can get it without even having had sex too.

There is so much misinformation and misunderstandings around the two. I’m glad we’re having this ted talk lol. "

Knowing you as I do sweet you are always good on these things.

X

Chams or Socials

"Google HPV 3

So, herpes....?

Nope. They’re similar but different. Girls get the HPV vaccine at school to prevent cervical cancer. There is not a vaccine currently for herpes. "

Boys have it too now which is fantastic x

J x

hoorn, Netherlands

Well thankyou for the lesson

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/human-papilloma-virus-hpv/

This might help with the HPV side of things.

The main thing is not to worry OP you can have treatment and be fine. Xx

"Ah VIN involves the vulva CIN is the cervix. So basically pre cancerous cells on your vulva. You’ll just need them removed I assume? I got to attend another appointment at the end of next month thanks though "

Yeah the appointment will be to discuss treatment or even do the treatment. I had mine done whilst I was awake under local but you can opt for sedation or general. They will burn away the affected cells using a high frequency laser. Good luck x x

"Google HPV 3

So, herpes....?

Incorrect

There is so much misinformation and misunderstandings around the two. I’m glad we’re having this ted talk lol.

Knowing you as I do sweet you are always good on these things.

X"

Thank you. My years of nursing do come in handy and my experience of having been through similar. X

Very good luck to you Lucy.

Your head must be going mad with worry.

Look after yourself xx

"Ah VIN involves the vulva CIN is the cervix. So basically pre cancerous cells on your vulva. You’ll just need them removed I assume? I got to attend another appointment at the end of next month thanks though

Yeah the appointment will be to discuss treatment or even do the treatment. I had mine done whilst I was awake under local but you can opt for sedation or general. They will burn away the affected cells using a high frequency laser. Good luck x x"

thank you x

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Google HPV 3

So, herpes....?

Incorrect

There is so much misinformation and misunderstandings around the two. I’m glad we’re having this ted talk lol. "

There is a small risk for men unfortunately. Certain strains of HPV have been linked to oral, throat, anal and penile cancers. They're much rarer though and the most common cancer causes by HPV is cervical. There was a fab member who posted extensively on these forums about their throat cancer as a result of HPV. Very sad. Marcia Cross and her husband also both have cancer as a result of HPV.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Ah VIN involves the vulva CIN is the cervix. So basically pre cancerous cells on your vulva. You’ll just need them removed I assume? I got to attend another appointment at the end of next month thanks though "

Best of luck with everything OP. The important thing is its been caught and is being treated .

"Ah VIN involves the vulva CIN is the cervix. So basically pre cancerous cells on your vulva. You’ll just need them removed I assume? I got to attend another appointment at the end of next month thanks though

Best of luck with everything OP. The important thing is its been caught and is being treated . "

x

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my thread very much appreciated xx

"Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my thread very much appreciated xx "

Anytime Lucy.

Your a lovely women I wish you all the best xxx

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Best of luck with everything OP. The important thing is its been caught and is being treated . x"

Hope all goes well, sending healing thoughts

Jo xx

» Add a new message to this topic