FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hair colours

Hair colours

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Either they are'nt lasting aslong as they used to or the OH is sending me more grey....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

time to get rid and move onto a younger model

but even ive noticed my 'permanant' dye isnt lasting

"time to get rid and move onto a younger model

but even ive noticed my 'permanant' dye isnt lasting "

Get rid off pp....ohhh noooo canny do that....

"time to get rid and move onto a younger model

but even ive noticed my 'permanant' dye isnt lasting

Get rid off pp....ohhh noooo canny do that...."

i actually saw a lass of around 20 who had a silvery colour to her hair, looked funky actually - id never do it mind, i likes me red tones

Couldnt go grey/ white......blue blk for me then gonna go a warm brown when i grow up ....

By *ainaldoMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Cutensassy make sure you keep that red.

And blue and black, sounds fantastic!

"Cutensassy make sure you keep that red.

And blue and black, sounds fantastic!"

awwww fanks.. id love to be a blonde but think my skin tones are all wrong,, need warmth

By *atinaBabeCouple  over a year ago

casa caliente

i keep my hair natural never dyed it

By *ursevampsWoman  over a year ago

bucks

ldies are you using over th counter dye if stop it wont last long so you buy it more regulally

suggest ya use the haordressers i go there and my haor dye lasts nearly 4 months well i tell you get a good salon and ask fr a junior i pay for a junior and costs me les shen half the price and i have had more trouble with fully qualified dressers then i have had a junior so ask for a colour boost and alsofor plus colours wrks every time dyes wont last as long as they premade ge tthe hair dresseres to make up it neather colour so last hell lot longer

I am a hairdresser.....and have been to plenty of good salons still dont think hair colours last aslong as they used to.....sometimes buy overcounter colours other time from warehouse....just not lasting or my hairs growing quicker now im oldrr and showing the dreaded grey thru it

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

My hair has been mostly grey for most of my adult life. My roots start to show in two to three weeks.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I'd quite like to put a colour flash in mine....a bright pink or purple but leaving the majority of it dark as I like that colour x

Cardiff

"I'd quite like to put a colour flash in mine....a bright pink or purple but leaving the majority of it dark as I like that colour x "

Sounds gorgeous, go for it!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My hair is coloured the most "ordinary" colour ive ever had. Its mahogany, but im boasting here, i only have it done every 8 weeks and cut once in between as its almost the same as my natural colour so cant see any roots, no grey hairs for me, just a couple at the sides. But then my grandad and my mum didnt go grey till very late. My grandad was nearly 80

I use reddy tones there defiantly not lasting very long and my hair is going darker and darker.. Need to strip it and go lighter i think

i haved never dyed my hair a different colours, its naturally black so doubt it would take another colour

However, i do use the root touch ups to cover my grey and i find some brands do not last as long as others, i have used some brands and within as little as 4 weeks it needs doing again where as others i can got 3 to 4 months between doing it and its not so much washed out as my hairs grown a bit so the new grey needs doing

I tend to stick to the same brand now days but like anything the good stuff isnt cheap

I'd just like some hair!!

It's been a while!

I'm blonde, have tried going dark but it's just not me and everyone hated it lol. Have tried adding a bit of colour ie baby pink once but my hair didn't take to it. Grey is the new 'in' colour as is pale blue rinse Aparently

Cardiff

"My hair is coloured the most "ordinary" colour ive ever had. Its mahogany, but im boasting here, i only have it done every 8 weeks and cut once in between as its almost the same as my natural colour so cant see any roots, no grey hairs for me, just a couple at the sides. But then my grandad and my mum didnt go grey till very late. My grandad was nearly 80"

Your hair looks lovely, is it short short now?

"I'd just like some hair!!

It's been a while! "

I tend to stick to very dark red or plum

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"My hair is coloured the most "ordinary" colour ive ever had. Its mahogany, but im boasting here, i only have it done every 8 weeks and cut once in between as its almost the same as my natural colour so cant see any roots, no grey hairs for me, just a couple at the sides. But then my grandad and my mum didnt go grey till very late. My grandad was nearly 80

Your hair looks lovely, is it short short now?"

Yes its short, its never been long but it was a good length then about six months ago i had it chopped off. I keep the fringe a little longer but i love it and so easy to manage. Although i have an obsession with shampoos and conditioners lol

Cardiff

"My hair is coloured the most "ordinary" colour ive ever had. Its mahogany, but im boasting here, i only have it done every 8 weeks and cut once in between as its almost the same as my natural colour so cant see any roots, no grey hairs for me, just a couple at the sides. But then my grandad and my mum didnt go grey till very late. My grandad was nearly 80

Your hair looks lovely, is it short short now?

Yes its short, its never been long but it was a good length then about six months ago i had it chopped off. I keep the fringe a little longer but i love it and so easy to manage. Although i have an obsession with shampoos and conditioners lol"

I've always thought if someone is pretty enough for short hair they should give it a try. It definitely suits you!

If you have a sallys hairdressing supplies they are open to the public

I am actually a natural blonde but obviously I do have grey hairs so I colour my hair a similar shade to my own. I have dabbled though.

I have found that my pubic hair dye doesn't last very long and its fairly costly. But I like it coloured funky colours so I'm still colouring it. I've still got the orange dye but after a while it turns pink and I'm still happy with that

"I am actually a natural blonde but obviously I do have grey hairs so I colour my hair a similar shade to my own. I have dabbled though.

I have found that my pubic hair dye doesn't last very long and its fairly costly. But I like it coloured funky colours so I'm still colouring it. I've still got the orange dye but after a while it turns pink and I'm still happy with that "

can you not just use a vegetable dye?

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I am actually naturally strawberry blonde, but go to the hairdressers every 4/5 weeks for a cut and blonde colour, my roots start to show through within a coupla weeks and the dreaded grey has been there since I was in my late 20's...I had it dyed red a few times over the past coupla decades, and as a teenager in the 80's I don't think there was any colour (other than black) that I didn't try, often several at one time....

I think I'm gonna stick with blonde until I'm disgracefully old - I know a lovely lady of 83 with the most gorgeous long white hair - if mine went like that, I'd be well happy, but I'll wait another few years before I let the colour grow out

By *ighclassfunMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

"Either they are'nt lasting aslong as they used to or the OH is sending me more grey.... "

Started going grey at 16 - just accept it - it's easier!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's also worth looking at local colleges that have a beauty salon, as they'll use professional dyes, but their fees are low, whilst students gain their education.

Prices are often similar to retail packages, but you get the pleasure of being pampered, perhaps having a manicure or other treatment, whilst you're there. Some open for evenings, as well as at weekends. The young staff are lovely to meet, and it's great to see their enthusiasm. Of course, they're supervised, and usually students will be in their 2nd and 3rd years, so know tons about what they're doing.

» Add a new message to this topic