Do you know why I have pulled you over

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usman 199 OP   Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Never heard those dreaded words have you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Nope and I'd be livid if I did. It'd mean my bus was being delayed and I'd be late for work.

Stockport

"Nope and I'd be livid if I did. It'd mean my bus was being delayed and I'd be late for work."
yay great answer you can get on mine for nothing xx

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple  over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

A number of times…

Best advice is to be honest and try not to hide from what you’ve done wrong.

- John

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Yes, I have, he was lovely and let me know a back light was out.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Yup… forgetting to put my headlights on coming out of a club when I was 19.. never did that again!!

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Wales

Yep, a few times. And I’ve been made to sit in the back of a Police car and given a proper telling off too.

Stockport

"Yup… forgetting to put my headlights on coming out of a club when I was 19.. never did that again!! "

By *igtatsMan  over a year ago

gravesend

"Yup… forgetting to put my headlights on coming out of a club when I was 19.. never did that again!! "

Same then the cheeky fucker took the piss out of my car

Stockport

"Yup… forgetting to put my headlights on coming out of a club when I was 19.. never did that again!!

Same then the cheeky fucker took the piss out of my car "

what was you driving

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Think my handling of curves was dangerous

Nope never been pulled over

By *urora1912Woman  over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

No, never

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Yes once when I was 18 coming out of a club at 2am, lady police officer, think she was hoping I’d been drinking, she was wrong another for slight misplaced number plate, told me to take my documents to the police station, when I did the guy said is that all lol

Oh and in Spain just on a routine check to make sure not driving in flip flops, not sure they were real police as they looked like they were both out of a George Michael video

Stockport

"Yes once when I was 18 coming out of a club at 2am, lady police officer, think she was hoping I’d been drinking, she was wrong another for slight misplaced number plate, told me to take my documents to the police station, when I did the guy said is that all lol

Oh and in Spain just on a routine check to make sure not driving in flip flops, not sure they were real police as they looked like they were both out of a George Michael video "

you law breaker you have that type of face

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Yes, several times on my motorbike.

On one occasion I had to lend a bike from the shop that was repairing mine. As I worked in an instore Bakery I used to travel there at 2am to start at 3am. So I have someone else’s bike and empty roads and a certain section that has three roundabouts

Fun was had …flying down towards these roundabouts going around them a couple of times and blasting out to the next one, trying to wheelie it .. just having a laugh …

Eventually at the last roundabout I had to turn right on a straight bit of road …that’s when the Police car caught up with me

First question ‘is this your motorbike ?’

I couldn’t resist ‘No Officer do you think I’d do that if I owned it ?’

Luckily he didn’t put me in handcuffs right there and then, but listened to the rest of my excuses for riding like an idiot…nobody on the road etc…

He was a biker and let me off with a warning, not all coppers are without humour.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

Yep, plenty of times...having decent boobs and not being too fugly has it's advantages The funniest was when the nice officer told me to piss off just to stop me asking him to put his handcuffs on me

Stockport

"Yes, several times on my motorbike.

On one occasion I had to lend a bike from the shop that was repairing mine. As I worked in an instore Bakery I used to travel there at 2am to start at 3am. So I have someone else’s bike and empty roads and a certain section that has three roundabouts

Fun was had …flying down towards these roundabouts going around them a couple of times and blasting out to the next one, trying to wheelie it .. just having a laugh …

Eventually at the last roundabout I had to turn right on a straight bit of road …that’s when the Police car caught up with me

First question ‘is this your motorbike ?’

I couldn’t resist ‘No Officer do you think I’d do that if I owned it ?’

Luckily he didn’t put me in handcuffs right there and then, but listened to the rest of my excuses for riding like an idiot…nobody on the road etc…

He was a biker and let me off with a warning, not all coppers are without humour. "

great anecdote xx

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"Yes once when I was 18 coming out of a club at 2am, lady police officer, think she was hoping I’d been drinking, she was wrong another for slight misplaced number plate, told me to take my documents to the police station, when I did the guy said is that all lol

Oh and in Spain just on a routine check to make sure not driving in flip flops, not sure they were real police as they looked like they were both out of a George Michael video you law breaker you have that type of face "

Hey cheeky!! I have the face of an angel just the words out of my mouth on the first two weren’t that angelic

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Yes to tell me that everytime I pressed the brake pedal all my back-lights lit up like Blackpool illuminations. Turned out the garage during its service had fitted the wrong bulb.

Stockport

"Yes to tell me that everytime I pressed the brake pedal all my back-lights lit up like Blackpool illuminations. Turned out the garage during its service had fitted the wrong bulb. "
woops

"Never heard those dreaded words have you "

Done for speeding, mobile phone in a traffic jam luckily before the ban came in and no break light

"Never heard those dreaded words have you

Done for speeding, mobile phone in a traffic jam luckily before the ban came in and no break light "

Lights*

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Yeah the one time I had a slow puncture on the back wheel of my zimmerframe

Stockport

"Yeah the one time I had a slow puncture on the back wheel of my zimmerframe "
Minnie you are to young for a zimmerframe

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"Yeah the one time I had a slow puncture on the back wheel of my zimmerframe Minnie you are to young for a zimmerframe "

It's more of a fashion statement

Yup...No tax. He was sound & gorgeous omg serious eye candy...I'm sure he knew I was eyeing him up

By *igtatsMan  over a year ago

gravesend

"Yup… forgetting to put my headlights on coming out of a club when I was 19.. never did that again!!

Same then the cheeky fucker took the piss out of my car what was you driving "

An 850 Volvo to be fair

Stockport

"Yeah the one time I had a slow puncture on the back wheel of my zimmerframe Minnie you are to young for a zimmerframe

It's more of a fashion statement "

get on Dragons Den I'm in

Stockport

Same then the cheeky fucker took the piss out of my car what was you driving there I rest my case your honour

An 850 Volvo to be fair "

Never been pulled over. Although judging from all the fun had by everyone I've been missing out

Stockport

"Yup...No tax. He was sound & gorgeous omg serious eye candy...I'm sure he knew I was eyeing him up"
Should of give him your number you missed a trick there lovely xx

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I was pulled over on my way to work at 3 30 in morning a while back on my bycicle flashing blue lights! I thought wow! Was I speeding lol! He wound down the window and said are u jacky I said yes then he said jacky ..... I said no jacky .... coincidence there was a missing woman I fitted the description! And she was 10 years younger so was flattered lol! She was found safe and well later that day x

Stockport

"I was pulled over on my way to work at 3 30 in morning a while back on my bycicle flashing blue lights! I thought wow! Was I speeding lol! He wound down the window and said are u jacky I said yes then he said jacky ..... I said no jacky .... coincidence there was a missing woman I fitted the description! And she was 10 years younger so was flattered lol! She was found safe and well later that day x"
Jack he was after your number that's how cops operate

Stockport

Sorry Jacky x

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

Yip too many times to mention

Stockport

"Yip too many times to mention "
are you a buddy xx

Stockport

Baddy

By *ager4moreWoman  over a year ago

Warrington

Pulled over and breathalyser twice. Once in December driving home from a meet during lockdown. Sweated over a lockdown fine but he didn’t say anything. Just asked me how my date went!

Not well enough to stay over, but well enough

Stockport

"Pulled over and breathalyser twice. Once in December driving home from a meet during lockdown. Sweated over a lockdown fine but he didn’t say anything. Just asked me how my date went!

Not well enough to stay over, but well enough

"

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

"Yip too many times to mention are you a buddy xx "

Lol no I’m an

Stockport

"Yip too many times to mention are you a buddy xx

Lol no I’m an "

Yup, speeding into Buxton at 6am in the morning

He let me off though thankfully

It was a long time ago that though, I was driving a Vauxhall Cavalier and the police car was a Ford Granada

Stockport

"Yup, speeding into Buxton at 6am in the morning

It was a long time ago that though, I was driving a Vauxhall Cavalier and the police car was a Ford Granada "

where in Buxton was it

Once for broken light. Once for going through red light. As I approached a green light I knew it was going to change by the time I got there so slowed down for being red. As it changed my mind said ok you can change what your doing so did and accelerated. I was knackered from doing two full time jobs for a few months plus part time study.

It was a long time ago that though, I was driving a Vauxhall Cavalier and the police car was a Ford Granada where in Buxton was it "

A6 through Dove Holes

Stockport

"Once for broken light. Once for going through red light. As I approached a green light I knew it was going to change by the time I got there so slowed down for being red. As it changed my mind said ok you can change what your doing so did and accelerated. I was knackered from doing two full time jobs for a few months plus part time study."
No excuse I hope he through the book at you

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Only if pushing my trolley to fast

Stockport

It was a long time ago that though, I was driving a Vauxhall Cavalier and the police car was a Ford Granada where in Buxton was it

A6 through Dove Holes"

new it would be there everyone fancies it there. Drive bus there so no chance of me speeding

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"I was pulled over on my way to work at 3 30 in morning a while back on my bycicle flashing blue lights! I thought wow! Was I speeding lol! He wound down the window and said are u jacky I said yes then he said jacky ..... I said no jacky .... coincidence there was a missing woman I fitted the description! And she was 10 years younger so was flattered lol! She was found safe and well later that day xJack he was after your number that's how cops operate "

I was mad at myself I didnt ask to do the police car tick toc with their car lol I'm sure they would have obliged as road was empty x

It was a long time ago that though, I was driving a Vauxhall Cavalier and the police car was a Ford Granada where in Buxton was it

A6 through Dove Holesnew it would be there everyone fancies it there. Drive bus there so no chance of me speeding "

It's the only straight road round the fkin place that's why

Stockport

A6 through Dove Holesnew it would be there everyone fancies it there. Drive bus there so no chance of me speeding

It's the only straight road round the fkin place that's why "

agree

I used to get pulled over loads in my early 20's and never knew the answer and seemingly neither did they, so many 'random' stop checks used to go on back then.

Stockport

"I used to get pulled over loads in my early 20's and never knew the answer and seemingly neither did they, so many 'random' stop checks used to go on back then. "

"I used to get pulled over loads in my early 20's and never knew the answer and seemingly neither did they, so many 'random' stop checks used to go on back then. "

It's all good a couple minutes out of my day here and there didn't really bother me, only time i nearly got in trouble was when i answered "because i dont look like the type of guy that should be driving this car" they really didnt like that

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

I got pulled over for driving home from work, apparently it's a stop able offence if it's past midnight

Never!

Stockport

"I got pulled over for driving home from work, apparently it's a stop able offence if it's past midnight "
is that a Midlands thing

Stockport

"Never! "
goody 2 shoes

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Never heard those dreaded words have you "

Not as such... but as a musician, I have been pulled over many times for driving about in a van in the early hours of the morning. A quick chat so they know I'm not drank or a burglar and I'm on my way with the knowledge that they're doing a good job and keeping us safe.

Cal

Yeah a few times one speeding on a motorcycle. Once for no tax on my car had to get my youngest to the Dr. And HGV ministry checks

I haven't but someone I was in a car with did and was asked that.. he didn't know and turns out he happened to be driving a car similar to that of a pimp they were looking for... and he happened to have a car full of young attractive ladies... and me

They attempted when I was on motorbike, took the chance they didn't get my plate and floored it.

Has happened in car but managed to convince an emergency was in progress, they escorted me blues and two.

dont forget the tax collectors have a job to do, pay the fine, be a good person and say yes sir

"Once for broken light. Once for going through red light. As I approached a green light I knew it was going to change by the time I got there so slowed down for being red. As it changed my mind said ok you can change what your doing so did and accelerated. I was knackered from doing two full time jobs for a few months plus part time study.No excuse I hope he through the book at you "

Didn't say it was an excuse. Didn't mention it to police, just answered the question so get off your high horse

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

Only been pulled one time when I was 17 and on a scooter and was apparently a random stop

By *haron1701DTV/TS  over a year ago

ormskirk

If you hear that question, always answer NO?

That question is ALWAYS trying to get you to confess, because they don't have enouhh to book you.

and that comes from friends who are ex traffic

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"dont forget the tax collectors have a job to do, pay the fine, be a good person and say yes sir"

There's a secret trick that guarantees you never get another speeding ticket... drive no quicker than the speed limit remember "IT'S YOUR FAULT" if you get a ticket.

By *J35mcrMan  over a year ago

Leigh

To which I'd reply, "was it to ask stupid questions like this"

Stockport

"Once for broken light. Once for going through red light. As I approached a green light I knew it was going to change by the time I got there so slowed down for being red. As it changed my mind said ok you can change what your doing so did and accelerated. I was knackered from doing two full time jobs for a few months plus part time study.No excuse I hope he through the book at you

Didn't say it was an excuse. Didn't mention it to police, just answered the question so get off your high horse"

was only having fun relax

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

Got pulled over by an Ohio State Trooper for doing 70 in a 55. Had to sit in the back of the cruiser as he tried to find out if he could check a UK driving license.

In the end he decided it was going to be too complicated so let me off with a warning.

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

Yes once , driving 71 mph in a 50 mph area

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

Yes . Years ago . Went to a female club football dance. Not in local area. When leaving. Found going around in circles . With road signs. So I saw down a short road a shop I knew . But no entry sign . Went thru . Once into road end of no entry sign . Police there. . Pulled over . Car searched . I was under drink drive limit. But females , plus my mate over . Luckily police who stopped me . After a couple of minutes. Told me . Locals youths, had moved around road signs . So no legal way out. I did get followed once let go for several miles until out side police area.

Got pulled on my bike after doing 172 in an 80 by an unmarked Commodore V8 outside of Perth Australia... 6 month ban with impound charges and fines totalling $2500 AUD.

Guessing I'd doubled the limit and faced a certain ban my 1st words were "Is there anything I can do about how fast I was going?"

The sarcastic Aussie cop snapped a quick reply through his Merv Hughes moustache "yes... ya could of slowed fackin down"

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

“Could you blow into this bag please sir?”

“Why, are your chips too hot?”

Yes been stopped multiple times and 2 years ago on NYE and breathalysed...hadn't had a drink in over a month ..stopped me because I swerved to avoid a pothole !

Yip I was 17 and I didn't have a license or insurance, 1 police car and 2 CID cars...

I just drove through the wrong place and the wrong time.

I had to open the boot for them, I didn't even know what key opened the boot lol

I got a 7 day ticket and I never heard anything about it again.

My brother wasn't happy though as it was his car i had borrowed when he was on holiday

By *icknmix500Man  over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

Yes i have but he was a mate of mine so we had a chat then off i went

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

2am, on a sleepy Sun night/Mon morning.

Sleepy little village in Essex.

Police car pulls me over. I was 17 and a bit I think. Wasn't speeding.

Waited for copper to come to window.

Copper didn't.

Noticed police car was 40 feet or so behind mine, in the layby I had pulled in to.

In the rear view mirror, I saw both driver and passenger doors open, and 2 figures get out. They stood behind the doors.

One shouted at me "Can you get out of the car please Sir ?"

Thinking this was rather odd, I complied.

Then a thought suddenly struck me. In the boot I had my briefcase with my driving licence, my insurance documents, and other assorted ID.

So I immediately went round to open the boot.

I got it halfway open, and then realised the coppers were yelling at me to step away from the vehicle.

I stopped, and they both came over looking very flustered and jolly cross.

I asked why they stopped me and they said there had been reports of terrorist activity in the area and I matched the description (more on that later!). One muttered something about almost being shot. Nice.

In the end, they let me open the boot, show them my docs, and I was on my way.

I suppose the IRA were active in London in those times, but quite how many 17 and bit IRA terrorists would be driving around in a bright yellow fiesta, with said driver wearing his heavy metal denims and band patches, and the back of his car plastered with Metallica and Slayer Stickers is beyond me.

"Matched the description" my arse.

Nope

Stockport

"1986.

2am, on a sleepy Sun night/Mon morning.

Sleepy little village in Essex.

Police car pulls me over. I was 17 and a bit I think. Wasn't speeding.

Waited for copper to come to window.

Copper didn't.

Noticed police car was 40 feet or so behind mine, in the layby I had pulled in to.

In the rear view mirror, I saw both driver and passenger doors open, and 2 figures get out. They stood behind the doors.

One shouted at me "Can you get out of the car please Sir ?"

Thinking this was rather odd, I complied.

Then a thought suddenly struck me. In the boot I had my briefcase with my driving licence, my insurance documents, and other assorted ID.

So I immediately went round to open the boot.

I got it halfway open, and then realised the coppers were yelling at me to step away from the vehicle.

I stopped, and they both came over looking very flustered and jolly cross.

I asked why they stopped me and they said there had been reports of terrorist activity in the area and I matched the description (more on that later!). One muttered something about almost being shot. Nice.

In the end, they let me open the boot, show them my docs, and I was on my way.

I suppose the IRA were active in London in those times, but quite how many 17 and bit IRA terrorists would be driving around in a bright yellow fiesta, with said driver wearing his heavy metal denims and band patches, and the back of his car plastered with Metallica and Slayer Stickers is beyond me.

"Matched the description" my arse.

"

wow amazing story

Never actually pulled over but I was caught doing 95 on the m6 at 6am as I was on my way to work. Came off at my junction, and a green unmarked Volvo pulled up alongside me with 2 uniformed officers in it, he wound down his window and shouted "Don't let us catch you doing that again" when the lights turned green just drove off.

Stockport

"Never actually pulled over but I was caught doing 95 on the m6 at 6am as I was on my way to work. Came off at my junction, and a green unmarked Volvo pulled up alongside me with 2 uniformed officers in it, he wound down his window and shouted "Don't let us catch you doing that again" when the lights turned green just drove off."
woops did u blush xx

» Add a new message to this topic