FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 9/11

9/11

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yron69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Coming up to 20 years ago!

Where were you when the news broke?

I was in Finland walking back into our hotel to see the 2nd plane hit via CNN.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *.R.MMan  over a year ago

Nfk/Sfk/Cam

Lanzarote coming back from the beach/bar it was on tv in one of the bars

By *aptain PeteMan  over a year ago

stamford

The Falkland island. Everyone totally in shock

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was picking the boys up from School, been out all day and heard talking at the School gates, went home put the telly on and omg, the shock of it

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

I was walking home from school when someone else stopped me to tell me. I remember my parents being sat in the living room glued to the news when I got home

LvM

By *andsome HandMan  over a year ago

roundabout

History class, our teacher put the TV on

By *hillinsMan  over a year ago

Essex

I was in the children’s ward with my daughter at the time. It was the quiet time for the children and I can remember being in the playroom watching on the tv and trying work out what was going on.

On ops in Newtown butler NI none of is new back then what the fuck it Would head too. Or how many friends I’d lose to the aftermath

By *ames-77Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Mental that people believe a few Asian terrorists could pull this off

By *bw44DDWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I’d just got off the school bus and was walking home. When I got in my mum and dad were sat watching the tv and it was just as the plane hit the second tower. I honestly thought it was a film.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

At work, our boss was off sick and rang us to tell us to put the TV on in the staff room.

Then saw all those horrifying images.

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

We were on holiday in Arizona. Woke up in our hotel and put on the news to watch it all unfolding. We went over to the restaurant for breakfast and people were just finding out about it. Most of them were Americans so were in a complete state of shock. Some of them were from New York or had family there. Lots of frantic calls to their families but all the phone lines were down. It was a very surreal experience being there when it happened.

Kx

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

Got to my grandads turned tv on to see first plane had hit. Saw the second plane hit. Never forget it

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

[Removed by poster at 30/08/21 21:45:17]

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We were in bed with two other ladies. We saw it on the TV when we got home

By *ools1964Man  over a year ago

Swadlincote

"Mental that people believe a few Asian terrorists could pull this off "
you dispute the official narrative ?

North West

I found out when my Dad picked me up from school. It was pre mobile phones for school-goers and I imagine teachers withheld it, as it came through during afternoon lessons. It was all over the car radio and then on TV when we got home.

By *outhwalesbbwWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend,sometimes hampshire

I had a day off college,I walked in to the living room,just before the 2nd plane hit,

Remember thinking it was a film

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

I was due to fly to NYC on holiday, we sat on the tarmac for about 5 hours with no real idea of what was happening. We were told that there had been a security incident in NYC and our departure time kept being pushed back. Eventually the flight was cancelled and we got off. It was only then that reports of what had happened started to filter through.

milton keynes

"Mental that people believe a few Asian terrorists could pull this off you dispute the official narrative ? "

I could tell you all the facts they are they to find out yourself.. was a controlled demolition the fireman said they felt the ground shake before the buildings start to fall down.. we needed an excuse to go to war with a country filled with oil

"Mental that people believe a few Asian terrorists could pull this off you dispute the official narrative ?

I could tell you all the facts they are they to find out yourself.. was a controlled demolition the fireman said they felt the ground shake before the buildings start to fall down.. we needed an excuse to go to war with a country filled with oil "

Afghanistan has no oil reserves!

Lincoln

[Removed by poster at 30/08/21 21:52:01]

North West

"Mental that people believe a few Asian terrorists could pull this off you dispute the official narrative ?

I could tell you all the facts they are they to find out yourself.. was a controlled demolition the fireman said they felt the ground shake before the buildings start to fall down.. we needed an excuse to go to war with a country filled with oil "

That didn't take long

I was a postie and saw it on the news at dinner when I got home from work

milton keynes

I could tell you all the facts they are they to find out yourself.. was a controlled demolition the fireman said they felt the ground shake before the buildings start to fall down.. we needed an excuse to go to war with a country filled with oil

"

Opium .. and I don't want to go into it but if you know about the banking system and the family that owns them all you will find your answers.. every war is funded and for a reason.. look at who owns all the banking

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I was asleep, it was a school night and past my bedtime.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

St Helen's isle of wight just got back from day on the beach to caravan and turned on the tv to it x

I was working in Fleet St and saw everyone in the board room wondering what the fuss was about...

North West

Opium .. and I don't want to go into it but if you know about the banking system and the family that owns them all you will find your answers.. every war is funded and for a reason.. look at who owns all the banking "

Would you not care to name the names, or do you prefer to keep your anti Semitism private?

By *irstTime4everythingCouple  over a year ago

Reading

Working in a pub in canary wharf and remember we had the news on the radio and them evacuating thinking canary wharf could be next. I remember thinking, we'll never forget this day. The world changed

I was in London near Tower of London in my office, was absolutely stunned to see it happen along with my work colleagues, saw it on the live screen ! ??

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

Was having a kitchen fitted house was in turmoil and had a 4yr old at the time

Was watching tv at home, and it came on as a news flash. Watched it all unfold just before the 2nd plane hit x

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

In a car travelling from Antwerp to Brussels, my Belgium friend told me when it came over the radio

I was on the train coming back from London.. got home & watched it all play out..

I had gone on a school trip years before to NYC and still remember going up the WTC, they had a glass floor so you could see all the way down.

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

I was in high school during a history class

Teacher put it on the tv, don’t think there was a dry eye in that classroom x

I was at school. We didn't get told anything but there was some chatter amongst some of my class mates. Saw it on the news when I got home.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I worked Night's, so was asleep till I started my shift; the public area Televisions in the Lobby, Bar and Restaurant all showed what was going on. You could hear a pin drop as everyone watched in silence!

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

Was working with my dad in fenham on an Asian fellas house who would voice his hatred for india several times per day it broke on the radio remember when we got home dad put the news on and the poor people were jumping out the windows to avoid being burned, horrible feels like yesterday can’t believe it been 20 years

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

just found out that i had cancer, heard it on the radio coming back

By *ich_ChesterMan  over a year ago

Chester

On a military exercise in Oman, heard the news and had briefings for next 24 hours wondering what the hell had happened and what was about to happen

We watched it at work.. It was surreal... Then we were desperately trying to account for all of our staff as the airspace shut down

By *asual_WandererWoman  over a year ago

A spot you want me

My Dad got made redundant that day and I was about to jump on a train to go cheer him up... but instead just ended up glued to the telly for 3 hours in horror

"Mental that people believe a few Asian terrorists could pull this off you dispute the official narrative ? "

You don’t?

By *ildblonde69Woman  over a year ago

south west

On holiday in Canaries didn’t know anything till late afternoon, loads of bankers staying in hotel, was a strange atmosphere

Fuerteventura, by the Pool with a Bacardi, spoilt the rest of holiday and never seen a flight so quiet on the way home

By *ir SupremacyMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Roman Barracks Colchester

I was at home watching diagnose murder when suddenly the news came on and I saw the first tower on fire, couldn't work out what I was seeing so called my mum in who was in the kitchen, just as she started watching the second plane hit. I will never forget what my mum said "that's no accident, the world has just changed forever" she was spot on.

By *luebellRacerCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

I was 14 and had just got in from school. My bus had beaten Mum home from work so I sat alone for half an hour watching it all unfold. Turned out my aunt and uncle were in New York and saw the whole thing.

As for the whole conspiracy thing.... Just because something is unbelievable doesn't mean its impossible. See moon landings, JFK etc.

Ever wondered why there's no conspiracy about boring stuff? It's always the massive, previously unbelievable events that people can't comprehend fully.

Was sat in a bar in Majorca and assumed at first the waiters were watching a film until we realised what it actually was showing on the TV screen.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

At home ill, woke up on the sofa and thought it was a movie until I realised the same shot kept being repeated. Was a long 36 hours waiting to hear from my Dad.

I was at school, saw it when I got back afterwards. There is a lot dodgy shit in that event. 19 hijackers, my arse.

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

We all remember it and aside from a few posters on this thread with family in NYC, imagine how people in NYC were feeling back then, just a normal working day and several thousand did not get home ever again. It’s just impossible to comprehend even now.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I (Luke) was temping near Finchley Road. Hannah was working in a hotel in New York, not far from the WTC. The hotel got closed down for a while after that.

By *ornynorfolkguyMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

I was at work and got told by a colleague as we swapped shifts. He said “go home stick the tv on, you won’t believe what’s happening”. Seems like yesterday whenever I think about it.

By *agpie and RavenMan  over a year ago

Leicester

Scheduled day off from work so watched it live. Rang my brother who's ex navy and his response, "Those fucking bastards have gone and done it!!!"

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I was listening to a salesman trying to get me to swap our electricity over to a cheaper supplier.

Needless to say, he never got the sale.

I worked at Gatwick at the time, the place was very different after that.

I was 11 at the dentist, I remember it playing in the background while laying back in the chair and not realising how serious it was.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

In a clients, charging by the hour.

Pretty much everyone rushed to the boardroom to watch the TV.

I was on the clock so to speak, so carried on going round offices doing my job. I don't think they'd have been impressed with extra costs for me watching their telly.

I was a medical student back then. Just had my surgery end of posting exam, came back to the hostel and found all the people talking excitedly about it.

By *haron1701DTV/TS  over a year ago

ormskirk

Pretty sure that is not what he meant!

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

In a geography lesson, the teacher wheeled in the tv to watch a video on river formations. When she turned on the tv the news was on. Spent the lesson watching that instead

By *haron1701DTV/TS  over a year ago

ormskirk

Didnt take long for the conspiracy nuts to come crawling to the surface of their flat earth did it

Got home from college and saw it on tv

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I was at the top of Snowden. Went in the cafe and the tv was showing this action movie about planes crashing into buildings in New York. Only it wasn't a movie, it was the news...

By *sianmale89Man  over a year ago

Stockport

I was 9 years old and at primary school when it happened, we were all made to sat in assembly when the teachers told us what happened and all I could vaguely remember was the mood changing considerably for the worst in the room...

At the time being so young I had zero idea how different life was going to be for me from then on or how much it was going to impact my family even....

all I remember the most was people and some off the other kids started looking differently at me from that day forward I couldn’t quite wrap my head around why? 20 years later I now can understand fully.....life is cruel sometimes but what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger I guess?

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I was living just outside of DC. My husband as was then was trying desperately to get home as he worked near the pentagon. In the end he climbed in the back of a pickup which was helping get people home. All public transport was stopped.

Parents of children who went to my kids school were killed but the death toll was lessened by the fact that the plane hit the section of the pentagon that was being painted so had been evacuated so my close friend's office was destroyed but she was safe in a temporary office in a different section.

Unbelievable that it's 20 years ago as i remember it as if it happened last year.

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

Was in Northern Ireland at the time out in the van. Lad I was with said his mum had messaged and a plane had went into the twin towers.

By *he Wilts coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cirencester

Remember walking in from school my mum was glued to the TV which she hardly ever watched back then. Shortly after I walked in the second plane hit

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"Coming up to 20 years ago!

Where were you when the news broke?

I was in Finland walking back into our hotel to see the 2nd plane hit via CNN."

I was on a trading floor in Canary Wharf, wondering if we were next

By *aturegentdurhamMan  over a year ago

Stanley

Working land behind farm house.

Listening to Steve Wright in the afternoon.

There was a news flash about first plane.

Then when second news flash after second plane it was as of what the f.

I was skiving school and went home early, my old dear had got sent home from work I used the age old line, I had a free period..

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

I was in a shopping centre in Walthamstow, there was a crowd of people gathered outside the electronics shop, watching it on all the tv’s ! Miss pc

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

We were in Portugal, just come up to the room and turned the tv on just as the second plane hit, couldn’t understand what we were seeing at first as we hadn’t heard about the first plane hitting so to see one twin tower on fire then watch another plane fly into the other was just mind boggling to say the least, I kept just saying what have I just seen, it was totally heartbreaking to watch the programme last night.

By *irkby coupleCouple  over a year ago

Kirkby

I had not long started my apprenticeship, the company had put a free canteen on for some work that had been done before I started, we sat around in the canteen watching the tv. I hadn’t heard of any of these Middle Eastern bad guys at this point.

Come on then, I'll bite. If you look at it from a project management perspective the controlled demolition theory is implausible and high rise buildings have been designed to collapse downwards, like a controlled demolition, since Campaniles in Italy started toppling into piazzas in the 18th century.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Was in the middle of the opening day of the pub I was working in. We didn't have a telly in there at the time, so when someone came in and said what was happening the boss went and got his from upstairs. Switched in just in time to see the 2nd tower hit.

I fainted. Then spent the rest of the day waiting for a call that never came.

Lincoln

"Was in the middle of the opening day of the pub I was working in. We didn't have a telly in there at the time, so when someone came in and said what was happening the boss went and got his from upstairs. Switched in just in time to see the 2nd tower hit.

I fainted. Then spent the rest of the day waiting for a call that never came."

» Add a new message to this topic