FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Adopt an animal for christmas!

Adopt an animal for christmas!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If anyone's stuck for ideas as what to buy someone for christmas then perhaps think about adopting an animal.

You can adopt pretty much any type of animal you like, from the UK or abroad and you would be helping to give them the care and protection they need. Some places also give you regular updates, freebies and a chance to go and meet you adopted animal friend!

Some links to various organisations are listed below, or just google adopt an animal:

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/give/adopt-an-animal/

http://www.adoption.co.uk/

http://support.wwf.org.uk/index.php?page=shop&cid=2

http://www.zsl.org/info/support-us/adopt-an-animal,174,AR.html

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Awwwwwwwwwww that is so sweet. You can also give gifts through oxfam and other such charities where you donate money to buy chickens and donkeys ect and the recipriant gets a certificate.

I may get everyone a donkey this yearx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

goth can ya tell me where u can play with the cubs please hun

"goth can ya tell me where u can play with the cubs please hun"

I'm on it! I'm trying to remember the name of the place...it's in Devon! I will get it to you ASAP!!!!

Forum Mod

Ive been thinking about this as a gift for a while,gotta be better than a load of crap that no-one really wants at christmas

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

This is a brilliant idea.

I had one given as a present a couple of years ago and it felt a more personal present PLUS it is obviously ahelp to the causes too.

Don't forget monkey world in Dorset too.

NB For anyone who's links have been taken off before now I have had permission from Admin to let these stay on as they are a good cause.

Admin are going to make a list soon of allowable links for the forums soon.

Forum Mod

Oh im glad about the as I feel like a bit of a rebel when I leave links up

Forum Mod

O o O oo

me too lol

i would love to do it, only if i got to touch it tho selfish huh

Mainly for Kitty.

After getting help from a great couple off here the place that had the tiger cubs may well be Dartmoor Wildlife Park. This may not be the place i went to as i thought it was nearer to Exeter, but all i remember was the tiger cubs ripping my clothes to shreds as they played and went for a walk, and the fact there was a kids area, sheep and deer...so it is very possible that it could be this park.

Take a peek at it online and see what you think. It was a great time and those little cubs were soooooo cute!

thanks i shall take a look xxx

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

i did this 2 years ago for my grandchildren and they have had regular mail form the orginisation ever since with pictures and infomation about how they are doing and the likes

You could always give to a donkey sanctuary or the RSPCA or in our case we have a local city farm, that are always in need of funds.

I may adopt a turkey this year, slurp.

[Removed by poster at 26/10/09 17:18:29]

"You could always give to a donkey sanctuary or the RSPCA or in our case we have a local city farm, that are always in need of funds."

It's such a shame that so many animal charities need so much help! Personally i like to adopt an animal as it gives you that closer link than just donating to a sanctuary! And of course it gives you a good excuse to go and see your adopted friend! There's nothing like getting a special invite to come and see your adopted animal and receiving those cards and letters...though i still can't discover how my adopted seal and dolphin manage to write so well...hmmmm

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"You could always give to a donkey sanctuary or the RSPCA or in our case we have a local city farm, that are always in need of funds.

It's such a shame that so many animal charities need so much help! Personally i like to adopt an animal as it gives you that closer link than just donating to a sanctuary! And of course it gives you a good excuse to go and see your adopted friend! There's nothing like getting a special invite to come and see your adopted animal and receiving those cards and letters...though i still can't discover how my adopted seal and dolphin manage to write so well...hmmmm "

We "adopted" a dolphin for our daughter, of the East coast of the UK.

Unfortunately, we had to complain when their advertising bumph in the national papers were still asking people to adopt, even though we found out that the pod that "our" dolphin belonged to had not been sighted for about 7 months, even though we were still getting "postcards" from the dolphin telling us all about what it was up to.

Now we just give money to a local animal charity, and donate food to dogs and cats homes.

"You could always give to a donkey sanctuary or the RSPCA or in our case we have a local city farm, that are always in need of funds.

It's such a shame that so many animal charities need so much help! Personally i like to adopt an animal as it gives you that closer link than just donating to a sanctuary! And of course it gives you a good excuse to go and see your adopted friend! There's nothing like getting a special invite to come and see your adopted animal and receiving those cards and letters...though i still can't discover how my adopted seal and dolphin manage to write so well...hmmmm

We "adopted" a dolphin for our daughter, of the East coast of the UK.

Unfortunately, we had to complain when their advertising bumph in the national papers were still asking people to adopt, even though we found out that the pod that "our" dolphin belonged to had not been sighted for about 7 months, even though we were still getting "postcards" from the dolphin telling us all about what it was up to.

Now we just give money to a local animal charity, and donate food to dogs and cats homes."

Thats why i would suggest people adopt from a zoo, or established organisation like the WWF. I have had no problem at all with my adopted animals but there is always the possibility that any animal that lives free in the wilds can disappear for a period of time or even forever. The money still gets used positively though. But in your case they should have contacted you about the dolphin disappearing!

Twycross zoo does this.

brilliant idea.

also naming a star after someone special.

we did this in my moms name for my dad and you have a lovely memento.

http://www.starregistry.co.uk/about-stars.html

By *ishful.thinkingWoman  over a year ago

east london

[Removed by poster at 26/10/09 19:43:04]

WE do this also.

i dont send cards to god knows how many people i dont see from one yr to the next.

a special one to my sis and bro and any money i would have spent on the others goes in a pot at work and we pick a charity .

saves trees too folks

By *ishful.thinkingWoman  over a year ago

east london

We do something similar in work. Rather than all of us sending cards to each other we all chip in a small amount and its then divided between a couple of local charities. As I work in a largish place it adds up pretty quickly – win win situation - its green, costs less, cuts down on office politics and the local charities benefit

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

"This is a brilliant idea.

I had one given as a present a couple of years ago and it felt a more personal present PLUS it is obviously ahelp to the causes too.

NB For anyone who's links have been taken off before now I have had permission from Admin to let these stay on as they are a good cause.

Admin are going to make a list soon of allowable links for the forums soon."

Monkey World is fab - we went to see them there in August this year when we were camping down there

Monkey World is fab - we went to see them there in August this year when we were camping down there "

Being a cheeky monkey yourself you'd fit right in lol

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

Monkey World is fab - we went to see them there in August this year when we were camping down there

Being a cheeky monkey yourself you'd fit right in lol "

hehehehehe

I did have one of them blowing raspberries at me!!!

I did it back and he kept doing it till all the other visitors came to watch

It was well cool,

mind you - TP had one that VERY much fancied her and showed it too, hehehe

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Monkey World is fab - we went to see them there in August this year when we were camping down there "

We loved it, I wish we lived closer as I would go every week.

My present of an adoption was from there, the old chimp called Charlie.

» Add a new message to this topic