FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Usyk v Joshua

Usyk v Joshua

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who saw it? What did you think?

I thought Usyk ran rings around Joshua.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Joshua is a manufactured boxer, he appears to lack the ability to think and change his style through a fight. When he landed the big punch he left himself open, failed to land good combinations and didn’t move fluidity

I don’t think Tyson will take Wilder in a few weeks either

By *arker secrets 321Man  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Stating the obvious he never threw enough punches .never tried 2 change anything during the fight .was it all a plan more money 4 rematch ? X

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"Stating the obvious he never threw enough punches .never tried 2 change anything during the fight .was it all a plan more money 4 rematch ? X "

I doubt it. Losing a dull cautious fight doesn’t exactly help sell the next one.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Usyk boxed perfectly. I thought Joshua would over power him but I was very wrong. He didn’t have an answer or the ring IQ to deal with him. He’s been found out twice now I can’t see him winning the rematch.

Shame Fury Joshua is out the window for a bit.

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

His right hand was redundant and seemed a strange plan to just jab

Uysk is sick! I had bets on uysk. Knew he would do it. Joshua one dimensional. Rely on the jab. He will lose the rematch

He thought he could do him like Ruiz. Just use his reach n out box him. But look at uysk v bellew n uysk v chisora. U can tell from them fights he ain't to be messed with

Joshua has never been a great boxer, and has limited skills. He is over hyped in a weak division. Uysk will beat him again.

Eddie Hearns cash cow has run dry

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

AJ should stick to Lynx ads.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Usyk gave a masterclass in ring smarts and IQ. Great movement and footwork that clearly frustrated AJ. He wasn't afraid to take it to him and could readily absorb hard punches as well. What a fighter!

A good big man will not always best a better small man

Usyk is a boxer, honed his craft over 335 amateur fights, who has worked to get to heavyweight, adding power, proper graft

Joshua is a puncher , trying to turn himself into a boxer. His corner should have played his tactics to his strengths, not trying to get him to match usyk cos that was only ever going to go one way. I can’t see him winning a rematch unfortunately

Fury would have found a way to disrupt usyk and smother him

Usyk is a far superior boxer.Joshua seems to of lost his nasty edge he had when he started out

"Usyk is a far superior boxer.Joshua seems to of lost his nasty edge he had when he started out"

As you said in Rocky, the worst thing for a boxer is to become civilized.

Would of loved to see Joshua vs Fury just for the spectacle of two British heavyweights at the pinnacle of the sport. But I didn’t think Joshua deserved to fight fury, and that was proven on the weekend, Usyk totally outboxed him so fair play to him, the better boxer won. AJ is massively overrated In my opinion

"Usyk is a boxer, honed his craft over 335 amateur fights, who has worked to get to heavyweight, adding power, proper graft

Joshua is a puncher , trying to turn himself into a boxer. His corner should have played his tactics to his strengths, not trying to get him to match usyk cos that was only ever going to go one way. I can’t see him winning a rematch unfortunately

Fury would have found a way to disrupt usyk and smother him

"

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Joshua did look tentative. But the result wasn't just down to that. Usyk just looked better in every way. It wasn't even close.

» Add a new message to this topic