FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Socials

Socials

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustaman OP   Man  over a year ago

weymouth

So what do folks recommend for someone that has slight social anxiety issues, small groups fine large not so good. Clubs generally then are not a good environment for me. So to build social networks it becomes a bit chicken and egg. Any ideas?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Look on the socials board for the smaller more informal socials. Has to be enough people to so you arent put on the spot having to talk and can blend in a bit but not too many to be overwhelming. I feel your pain

By *ustaman OP   Man  over a year ago

weymouth

"Look on the socials board for the smaller more informal socials. Has to be enough people to so you arent put on the spot having to talk and can blend in a bit but not too many to be overwhelming. I feel your pain "

Actually it's large groups of people I don't know that's the worse, I tend to close down both socially and emotionally - smaller I can handle as I find it's less of a competition

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

A few socials or club nights have a pre drinks social beforehand. That might suit you.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Don’t involve chickens or eggs.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Find someone to go with? Meet one on one to build confidence?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Find someone to go with? Meet one on one to build confidence?"

Yes. If you see a Fab thread for a Social you're interested in, ask if anyone would meet you and go in with you. Good to know at least one person, especially for first social.

» Add a new message to this topic