FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Messaging people

Messaging people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ok, i never message people with a view to a meet. I just never have. I was however interested in a guy who had posted something, i read his profile and it was nice. Only trouble was he didnt have a face picture. Im not overly concerned as long as someone has some spark about them but i do like to know what someone looks like. Now my question is, if you like someones profile and they have no face picture do you just message and ask to see a picture. I just think it would be rude to say your nice but i want to see what you look like first.

What do you doxxkarenx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would ask to see the face. If you chat to them, and you like them, then you should be able to say ' hey handsome lets see your lovely face!' Also if you ever decide to meet them you know it is them, and not a pic of a body they have used from elsewhere.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I think honesty is the best policy.... and it's possible to be honest without being too rude about it.

How about something like...

Your post sparked an interest in having a peep at your profile and now I am a little more curious as to finding out about the person behind the words.. can I be cheeky and ask if you have a face photo?

If he says "no" then hey ho.... next!

"I think honesty is the best policy.... and it's possible to be honest without being too rude about it.

Your post sparked an interest in having a peep at your profile and now I am a little more curious as to finding out about the person behind the words.. can I be cheeky and ask if you have a face photo?

If he says "no" then hey ho.... next!"

Would you like to be my agent lol

"I think honesty is the best policy.... and it's possible to be honest without being too rude about it.

Would you like to be my agent lol"

Sure ... but I'm not sure how I'll claim my 10%

Would you like to be my agent lol

Sure ... but I'm not sure how I'll claim my 10% "

We could negotiate lol

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

Why does anyone have to know what someone looks like before correspondence is possible?

Surely if you enjoy what someone says, are taken by their wit or eloquence etc that's enough to exchange messages, isn't it?

I just emailed a guy.

Known to a certain few on here....

GREAT validations etc.

But actually a time waster.

And no......i didnt contact him ok. he contacted me .

But wot an asshole.

Why did i mail him....to tell him wot i thought of him. kin asshole

If you like the sound of someone's profile but it has no picture then i think there's no problem in saying hello and drop the 'can i see a picture' somewhere in the email or chat.

Personally i don't think it matters if some people have a picture or not because i have found that some people have 3 or 4 profiles they use, so the odds are your contacting the same person! This makes the question of who you contact very problematic indeed!

"I just emailed a guy.

GREAT validations etc.

But wot an asshole.

Why did i mail him....to tell him wot i thought of him. kin asshole "

It's the only thing about verifying that bugs me... you meet someone and they seem good to their word but really you were just lucky they were on best behaviour - you later discover what a twatty arsehole they are and you can't remove your verification

Exactly.............and someone sat on the forums with profiles saying how bloody wonderful they are. lmao.

well. takes all sorts i suppose

"Why does anyone have to know what someone looks like before correspondence is possible?

Surely if you enjoy what someone says, are taken by their wit or eloquence etc that's enough to exchange messages, isn't it?"

The reason i want to see a face picture is i dont like communicating "blind" with someone. I like to know in my head who i am chatting to

Personally, I don't have a problem exchanging pics with someone I'm chatting to!

IMHO, no matter how well I appear to get on with someone, e.g. via the forum, private messages, chat via MSN, exchange face and other pics and like the look of them etc..., I can still rule them out as suitable playmates right at the last big crunch which is meeting in person.

I do not believe it is rude to turn someone down if their faces do not fit, as I would turn someone down for the tiniest niggle such as dirty fingernail or badly capped teeth, and I don't care if he is George Clooney!

I appreciate there is more to a book than its cover. However, I believe in animal attraction even for NSA fun. If I do not fancy kissing a face then it is unlikely that face can come near me anywhere else!

Unless, of course, you do not mind him wearing a paper bag or two when he plays with you!

It may sound harsh, however, that's just me and my ways, and I have been called all sorts of names because of them.

Tough I'd say, play by my rules, or don't play at all!

By *uxgoodMan  over a year ago

Brighton

I'm surprised you are even wondering about it - after initial introductions then its entirely reasonable to ask for a face pic and personally I just wldnt go any further if i dont receive one. The only reasons I can think someone wldnt send one are negative, either they are not who\what they say they are, they are cheating, or they ae not interested in meeting you.

"Why does anyone have to know what someone looks like before correspondence is possible?

Surely if you enjoy what someone says, are taken by their wit or eloquence etc that's enough to exchange messages, isn't it?"

Think that depends on why you are chatting. If its with a view to meeting then I would most definitely want to see a face.

Firstly because I couldn't meet someone who I wasn't attracted to, and secondly have been contacted by two local people on here in the past and wouldn't want to be recognised !!

Its also easier to say sorry not my type right at the beginning rather than chatting, getting on then seeing a face and having to make an excuse............

Forum Mod

Surely if you enjoy what someone says, are taken by their wit or eloquence etc that's enough to exchange messages, isn't it?

Think that depends on why you are chatting. If its with a view to meeting then I would most definitely want to see a face.

Firstly because I couldn't meet someone who I wasn't attracted to, and secondly have been contacted by two local people on here in the past and wouldn't want to be recognised !!

Its also easier to say sorry not my type right at the beginning rather than chatting, getting on then seeing a face and having to make an excuse............"

I agree with you Razzle

Its also easier to say sorry not my type right at the beginning rather than chatting, getting on then seeing a face and having to make an excuse............

I agree with you Razzle"

I'm sure you know me well enough now to call me Raz xxxx

"I just emailed a guy.

GREAT validations etc.

But wot an asshole.

Why did i mail him....to tell him wot i thought of him. kin asshole "

Oh it was an asshole you called me in your message...God I need glasses...

"I just emailed a guy.

GREAT validations etc.

But wot an asshole.

Why did i mail him....to tell him wot i thought of him. kin asshole

Oh it was an asshole you called me in your message...God I need glasses... "

Lol now i know it wasnt u

I always ask for a facial pic..specially for couples and not via MSN either...strictly FAB...I am genuine and expect others to be also so stick to your guns and just ask politely for a facial pic..

Respect Laura

» Add a new message to this topic