FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Calm, calm, calm... (longish rant)

Calm, calm, calm... (longish rant)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

That's what I have to keep telling myself this evening.

The agency that handled my private Chinese Visa application form has managed to send my passport into the wilderness, and it is unlikely to reach me in time for my outbound flight on 06 Nov 09.

Had I not checked the progress and pressed for information, I would not have known this for another day.

I took it upon myself to find out how long it would take to get a replacement, as the staff at this agency did not have a clue.

It turns out it takes 7d to get a replacement, so I booked an appointment for tomorrow right away.

I was concerned I might not have one of the key documents with me to support my application. However, I managed to find a copy, which is a huge relief for me!

My mum who is in HK now, tells me don't worry about the Chinese visa as I can get one when I am in HK. It means rushing to get things done, and have to re-jig our plans etc...

Something/someone is looking after me for sure, as I could easily have left it for another day and miss the chance to get a replacement passport in time to travel out of UK! THANK YOU to whatever is looking after me!

Lastly, there is a cloud with a silver lining - the new passport photo will feature a slimline version of me, as I have lost 1.5st since Nov 08!

I'll hold them responsible for loosing my passport, and shall bill them for the replacement, my time and travel expenses!

I am a lot calmer now, compared to earlier this evening.

Rant over!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"That's what I have to keep telling myself this evening.

The agency that handled my private Chinese Visa application form has managed to send my passport into the wilderness, and it is unlikely to reach me in time for my outbound flight on 06 Nov 09.

Had I not checked the progress and pressed for information, I would not have known this for another day.

I took it upon myself to find out how long it would take to get a replacement, as the staff at this agency did not have a clue.

It turns out it takes 7d to get a replacement, so I booked an appointment for tomorrow right away.

I was concerned I might not have one of the key documents with me to support my application. However, I managed to find a copy, which is a huge relief for me!

My mum who is in HK now, tells me don't worry about the Chinese visa as I can get one when I am in HK. It means rushing to get things done, and have to re-jig our plans etc...

Something/someone is looking after me for sure, as I could easily have left it for another day and miss the chance to get a replacement passport in time to travel out of UK! THANK YOU to whatever is looking after me!

Lastly, there is a cloud with a silver lining - the new passport photo will feature a slimline version of me, as I have lost 1.5st since Nov 08!

I'll hold them responsible for loosing my passport, and shall bill them for the replacement, my time and travel expenses!

I am a lot calmer now, compared to earlier this evening.

Rant over! "

and breathe

"and breathe "

I can't, the nose is blocked up due to the cold!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Im glad its all sorted for you now though even if it was chaos for a while there

"Im glad its all sorted for you now though even if it was chaos for a while there "

I nearly broke down in tears, then I thought, get a grip and do something about it.

I lost faith in those people, and was not prepared to sit and wait for further information or instructions from them. Good job too!

» Add a new message to this topic