FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Facebook..?

Facebook..?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I just had a friends invite on facebook by someone i didnt reconise the name by so after trying to look at their facebook profile i coundnt see anything that i knew of them even in their friends list then it occured to me and it was from a couple we had chatted to on msn it seems facebook can link you to people via your facebook and msn ,...so beware of adding people to your msn and you dont want them to intrude to much on your real life...lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

lol, most ppl know this,you can just put hotmail, or even yahoo or any others , and they will find all yr contacys if their on face book, change yr face book settings , mine are strict so u wouldnt find me

Ive had some strange invites on there the past few weeks

"lol, most ppl know this,you can just put hotmail, or even yahoo or any others , and they will find all yr contacys if their on face book, change yr face book settings , mine are strict so u wouldnt find me "

my settings are on private thats what i'm getting at they still seem to be able to find you...lol better go and double check my settings again then

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple  over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

Private only hides your information and messages/contacts. I'm sure there's a setting that means you don't come up in any searches.

xAx

Its the very reason why you need a clean e-mail address..

No cross over... O

ne for here and one used soley for facebook..

Admin did a thing on this subject a while back...

as notts said, my email addy for face book is a totally seperate one that i use for msn , fabs etc

a few of my facebook friends add people just for the sake of making the numbers up, my own friends are people who I know directly, I'd never add a friend unless I knew who they where.

"a few of my facebook friends add people just for the sake of making the numbers up, my own friends are people who I know directly, I'd never add a friend unless I knew who they where."

Here here me 2

its not about weather they know you or not i'm not too worried about that as there is always the delete or not accept button the thing i'm on about is how the fab swingers contact found me on facebook. Because i hadnt clicked the right settings and have just 1 hotmail account...and to be honest would anyone else consider it out of order for one to actually try and and add you and to intrude on your real life?? still no real harm done settings all changed now

the only way a fab contact can find u is if they are on yr msn , then they just search hotmail adds for face book.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

This is a message from Admin posted on another thread.

This normally happens if you ask facebook to go through your email (and hence your MSN contacts if using hotmail etc.) to find friends you want to add.

Facebook then store all the email addresses and use them to generate "suggested friends" (although they don't tell you they'll do this).

Admin x

So long as you're logged into facebook remove them here:

http://www.facebook.com/contact_importer/remove_uploads.php

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

"This is a message from Admin posted on another thread.

This normally happens if you ask facebook to go through your email (and hence your MSN contacts if using hotmail etc.) to find friends you want to add.

Facebook then store all the email addresses and use them to generate "suggested friends" (although they don't tell you they'll do this).

Admin x

http://www.facebook.com/contact_importer/remove_uploads.php"

Oh look! A URL

Forum Mod

O o O oo

* sigh *

"

http://www.facebook.com/contact_importer/remove_uploads.php"

Good one rugby!!

We have a few people from fabs on our facebook accounts but only those few that we have met and trust...remember that if they went bonkers then they would have as much to lose as you.

However, we do have privacy set high so that only our friends can see info/pics not friends of friends!

Steve

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't use facebook , but I do know even if you set your privacy to high you still need to set your account the way is mentioned from SJ on that post xx

I am on Facebook but rarely use it, hubby on the other hand is always on it playing the daft games!!

The other day he told me one of the suggested friends was a member of my family I do not speak to.

This person does not have hubbys email addy and wouldnt be able to guess it either cos its a nickname he had as a teenager. Before even telling me he deleted the suggestion cos its up to the person whos account it is whether to add someone or not.

Just like here we do not add anyone who decides they want to be mates we have to know them first!!

On here if we dont inteand to meet you at some point we dont add you as friends, on Facebook if we dont know you in the real world we will not add you, mind you it doesnt stop loads of people who dont know us sending friends requests on Facebook.

Shona

x x x

I really don't see a problem.

If someone sends an invite to your facebook, myspace, bebo etc and you don't want them to be friends then just decline. It's no big deal. I have two friends on my myspace who are from fabswingers and we are all adult enough not to mix the swinger side of things with our eveyday 'vanilla' side of life. Though i wouldn't just add anyone who dropped me an email from this site, as they have to be friends and not just the usual acquaintance that usually makes up a friends list on here! I wont hide the fact i'm on sex sites but i'm not going to freely advertise it on facebook!

Facebook/myspace are community sites designed to allow people to keep in touch with existing/old friends but also to make new ones and to me blocking your profile seems quite unproductive.

im not on facebook and i dont wanna be.

its had a lot of bad press lately and also the owners keep changing the privacy rules so my friends tell me.

i think we rely on too many of these sites and some people use them for bad things.

i have my mum and son and real friends on my real FB account, and random perves on my other one ... very rare the 2 cross ... xx

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

"I just had a friends invite on facebook by someone i didnt reconise the name by so after trying to look at their facebook profile i coundnt see anything that i knew of them even in their friends list then it occured to me and it was from a couple we had chatted to on msn it seems facebook can link you to people via your facebook and msn ,...so beware of adding people to your msn and you dont want them to intrude to much on your real life...lol "

Have two email addresses - one for here - and one for vanilla.

Works for me xxx

Both our dogs have a Facebook profile, and have lots of friends, they also both run a cafe and a farm

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

there s a new site out bout ppl wee talk bout other ppl behind there back its called two faced book

» Add a new message to this topic