FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Things you miss about Christmas

Things you miss about Christmas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *.D.I.D.A.S OP   Man  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

I used to enjoy the ritual of sticking a copy of the TV Times magazine onto the end of the weekly shop so that I could go home and plan all the cartoons and films I would record off the telly. Sometimes there would be a cartoon on at 6:45 or something or there'd be a clash or I only had 180 minutes worth of tape and needed 240 to cram an extra film in. And actually all sitting together watching the same show whilst passing round the tin of Roses. I don't think we have done that since Bradley died in Eastenders. Sob.

Christmas toy TV adverts. I remember TV shows which my parents were watching and being absolutely bombarded with toy adverts at times. I loved it. Even though I didn't end up with hardly any of the toys, the dream of the possibility of experiencing Castle Grayskull or a Mr Frosty machine drove my dopamine levels insane. I liked making lists and going through various catalogues and bending all the pages of everything I wanted.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

You can still buy the TV times magazine

"You can still buy the TV times magazine"

Nobody watches 'normal TV' in our family though,certainly not on Christmas day. Everyone is busy taking photos or filming videos or whatsapping.

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

I miss my childhood Christmas , looking back now they were magic Christmas

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

I miss my late Mother and Father at Christmas...and all the great Christmases we had together.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I miss my late Mother and Father at Christmas...and all the great Christmases we had together.

"

Yeah I was going to say exactly the same

By *enry2020Man  over a year ago

Pinner

Used to love watching the Doctor Who Christmas specials each year, haven't really kept track with DW since a little before Chibnal took over and that includes the Christmas specials.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Catching my grandfather putting cake on our plates when we weren't looking, then denying he'd done it

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Our family Xmas with my grandparents

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"I miss my late Mother and Father at Christmas...and all the great Christmases we had together.

Yeah I was going to say exactly the same"

That goes for me also.

By *ightkitty4uWoman  over a year ago

Epsom

Miss being crammed into my nans cottage or aunties house,

everyone being there grandparents aunties uncles mum dad brother cousins having a meal on make shift chairs extened table, nearly loosing a tooth on a coin or clove in the Christmas pudding

Everyone having a fabulous day, Grandad dissapearing and father christmas appearing... he always seemed to fix a car when father christmas appeared...

Really miss the people around the tree, now its just mum and I since 2014 Christmas... its a long hard day

"Miss being crammed into my nans cottage or aunties house,

everyone being there grandparents aunties uncles mum dad brother cousins having a meal on make shift chairs extened table, nearly loosing a tooth on a coin or clove in the Christmas pudding

Everyone having a fabulous day, Grandad dissapearing and father christmas appearing... he always seemed to fix a car when father christmas appeared...

Really miss the people around the tree, now its just mum and I since 2014 Christmas... its a long hard day"

I was just thinking about this. We are having a big get together instead of celebrating Christmas in our individual households for the past few years. But the family has swelled in size and I'm not sure how we'll be able to accommodate everyone. Someone will be sitting on a patio chair, another will be sitting on a foldable camping chair. I'll probably be sat on a dual purpose tin of paint which is also a stool! And none of the plates will be matching.

To be honest I don't enjoy the festive season and prefer a quiet Christmas and for it to pass without any fuss but it's nice to make it special for those who enjoy it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Spending Christmas Eve watching the carol service on TV while preparing vegetables for 6 for two days. Mum insisting everyone has breakfast before going into the living room on Christmas morning. Dad sitting by the tree handing out the presents. Dad and I sneaking pieces of Christmas cake whenever we're washing up together over Christmas/New Year.

Can I go back to that time please?

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

We had very little money when I was a kid, so fresh fruit was something we didn't see very often. It's a snack, and we didn't have money to snack.

At Christmas my dad would go to a wholesale market and buy an entire crate of tangerines, and we'd eat them between Christmas and new year.

It was such luxury! I used to keep the peel in my bedroom until it went mouldy, just so I could smell them as long as possible. My mum would find a load of mouldy peel and go mad at me, but I'd do exactly the same thing the next year.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I miss staying up until 3am wrapping gifts and cleaning before my children got up at 5.30.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Family,house to myself all over Christmas.

By *herubchubWoman  over a year ago

Nr the sea

Childhood ones, I miss that feeling of magic, looking through the Argos catalogue ha ha and folding down the corners on the pages of things I really wanted. Waking up to find that stocking filled with magic!

Adult ones - miss sharing it with someone special, buying presents with love and thought. Waking up and opening stockings in bed together in the morning.

Hoping to start some new traditions now with my little one x

» Add a new message to this topic