FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Halloween

Halloween

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Whatever happened to gouged out turnips and penny for halloween, now if you arent in you get something shitty over your windows!!

God im getting old!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *im53Man  over a year ago

Boldon

"Whatever happened to gouged out turnips and penny for halloween, now if you arent in you get something shitty over your windows!!

God im getting old!!"

and nothing smelt worse than burnt turnips the next day

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Whatever happened to gouged out turnips and penny for halloween, now if you arent in you get something shitty over your windows!!

God im getting old!!"

we have been Americanised!

no more penny for the guy as trick or treat is far more lucrative swag wise for the kids. As For the turnip! Well them there pumpkins are taking over. The Turnip is the new red squirrel!

I always opt for a trick - the trick being to keep the fecking gate locked and the dogs in the yard

Keeps the little blighters at bay

We will do what we do the rest of the year, no matter how much someone knocks our door, we just never answer it unless we are actually expecting someone.

Tony

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

"We will do what we do the rest of the year, no matter how much someone knocks our door, we just never answer it unless we are actually expecting someone.

Tony"

Same here

Tho i am liking the Brussel Sprout trick....hehehe

God im getting old!!"

Oh but didn't them turnips just take forever to hollow out! and your fingers afterwards were nearly bleeding ... pumpkins are easier

As for the penny for guy, not seen one for years and went to Blackpool on Monday. Saw three groups of kids each with a fabby home made Guy, so some places are keeping it alive.

I mite just do this...a guy...

Could make a fortune yrs ago.

This is the 1st year we've not had a pumkin for Halloween. For some reason Halloween has crept up on us this year and when we went to get a pumkin the shops only had tiny little ones left.

Not being beat though .... I have an old lamp, in fact it's en ex British Rail tail lamp from a freight train, which has a red filter and a thick bulls eye lens. When lit it emits a spooky red glow, so I'm making some eyes, nose and mouth and sticking it on the lens then hanging it outside the house - should be ok

» Add a new message to this topic