FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tourettes

Tourettes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Seriously though... anyone suffer??

Know anyone??

i don't yet when you speak to people everyone knows someone lol..

Heard someone claim to have it in a bank once lol.. I do recon he was faking it big time lol..

was funny..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I think its a very sad affliction

Forum Mod

"I think its a very sad affliction "

But I think Rob has it

"I think its a very sad affliction

But I think Rob has it "

Rob was nothing but a Perfect gent...

God, People are going to HATE me for this, and I'm so sorry if you do

Put yourself in the position of there parents, it is funny to us, but due to a close friend of ours, having a child with Tourettes, we've seen how it affect's there lives

I do hope people don't hold us against this, but being around it, is completely different to just seeing it. x

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

"God, People are going to HATE me for this, and I'm so sorry if you do

Put yourself in the position of there parents, it is funny to us, but due to a close friend of ours, having a child with Tourettes, we've seen how it affect's there lives

I do hope people don't hold us against this, but being around it, is completely different to just seeing it. x "

I think Notts OP was a genuine one - so yes its good to have real feedback - we do all take the piss hen, but real posts are welcomed too, dont be sorry, MWAH xxxxx

I do hope people don't hold us against this, but being around it, is completely different to just seeing it. x "

Don't hate ya for it.. nahhh I'm sure to those who are affected its awful... But like someone falling over in the street you still laugh sometimes eh...

Its actually a really hard thing to cope with....it really effects a lotta things in life....so i agree with you .

By *ickedWWoman  over a year ago

Chester

It is a very serious subject..

We can all joke about it but yes it must be a terrible thing to live with...

I dont know anybody with this problem, I have only seen things on the TV..

On a serious note can anything be done to help ??

I do hope people don't hold us against this, but being around it, is completely different to just seeing it. x

Its actually a really hard thing to cope with....it really effects a lotta things in life....so i agree with you ."

Thank you.

Not had to personally deal with it, but have seen what friends of our's have had to go through, and it is terrible.

It can be laughed at quite easily, but when you really there in person, it's tough. x

"It is a very serious subject..

We can all joke about it but yes it must be a terrible thing to live with...

I dont know anybody with this problem, I have only seen things on the TV..

On a serious note can anything be done to help ?? "

No, the reason being, should it be a child or adult, they don't see the language/abuse coming on, they don't realise its happened. Its the parents that suffer.

"Thank you.

Not had to personally deal with it, but have seen what friends of our's have had to go through, and it is terrible.

It can be laughed at quite easily, but when you really there in person, it's tough. x"

Rarely though things are meant personally in the forums..

There have been exceptions mind!!!

But its rare..... x

Notting

Don't hate ya for it.. nahhh I'm sure to those who are affected its awful... But like someone falling over in the street you still laugh sometimes eh... "

oh god!!!

that has just reminded me of two stories i was telling at work only on Thursday.

1) Was only about 20, travelling up North to visit me dad, was in Newcastle train station, and they dont have steps that bridge the rails - but a loooong ramp.

I was walking towards said "ramp" when i looked up, there was a Jap who managed to trip over his own feet - and instead of letting go of his camera to break his fall, he kind of curled up, and ended up rolly pollying all the way down the ramp!!!

Errrm, have to say, despite travelling by myself, i did really LOL!!!!

Much to the disgust of other travellers!!! hehehehe

2) When was a teenager on the bus, a very FAT lady got up from the back and pressed the bell, the buss went hurtling around the corner and came to a sudden stop at the bus stop.

Well she rolled down the bus and got herself wedged inbetween the seats and couldnt get out.

I laughed, but was in my ATC uniform so had to try and be quiet - she heard me tho and told me off!!! LOL

Forum Mod

I saw a programme with a young boy who had been just diagnosed and it was heartbreaking

I felt so sorry for him as he hated himself for it too so although we're all having a laugh I really do think its very difficult and sad to deal with

I would hate one of my children to have to cope with that at a time when all they want to do is fit in with all their peers and not stand out for the wrong reasons,kids can be so cruel sometimes

Don't hate ya for it.. nahhh I'm sure to those who are affected its awful... But like someone falling over in the street you still laugh sometimes eh...

oh god!!!

that has just reminded me of two stories i was telling at work only on Thursday.

1) Was only about 20, travelling up North to visit me dad, was in Newcastle train station, and they dont have steps that bridge the rails - but a loooong ramp.

I was walking towards said "ramp" when i looked up, there was a Jap who managed to trip over his own feet - and instead of letting go of his camera to break his fall, he kind of curled up, and ended up rolly pollying all the way down the ramp!!!

Errrm, have to say, despite travelling by myself, i did really LOL!!!!

Much to the disgust of other travellers!!! hehehehe

2) When was a teenager on the bus, a very FAT lady got up from the back and pressed the bell, the buss went hurtling around the corner and came to a sudden stop at the bus stop.

Well she rolled down the bus and got herself wedged inbetween the seats and couldnt get out.

I laughed, but was in my ATC uniform so had to try and be quiet - she heard me tho and told me off!!! LOL"

I do think though, when you see a child in a shop/Supermarket, and they swear as Tourettes children generally can, most people would turn around and think 'what a bad mother, for allowing her children to swear' when they don't really know that the child has tourettes

Notting

OMG

My last post now seems totally innappropiate!!!!

Sorry guys, the thread has taken a more serious note - and i have been a CUNT again.

I would not really laugh if someone i knew had to deal with it - it is only laughable cos it doesnt seem real - and is portrayed in bad fashion on the telly - like that cunt off big brother.

Hugs to all - you know i loves you all really - ya cunts xxxxxx

I think our trouble is, as we have close friends with a child with Tourettes, and our son is possibly Autistic, is so hard to understand why people would make fun. Lv ya all still tho. xx

Notting

"

I do think though, when you see a child in a shop/Supermarket, and they swear as Tourettes children generally can, most people would turn around and think 'what a bad mother, for allowing her children to swear' when they don't really know that the child has tourettes"

Do you know what - i have never even thought about it in that light before.

Jeeeeze, shows how critical we can be.

Most have mild symptoms.. tics or twitches.. eye movements coughing or facial movements.. its actually rare children use obsenities..

Adults tend to use them more.. and yeah.. even the TV take the piss, often... Many a show uses it as humour..

"

I do think though, when you see a child in a shop/Supermarket, and they swear as Tourettes children generally can, most people would turn around and think 'what a bad mother, for allowing her children to swear' when they don't really know that the child has tourettes

Do you know what - i have never even thought about it in that light before.

Jeeeeze, shows how critical we can be."

But I guess you've never experienced a child like that?

But honestly it's true, it does happen, even like our little lad, he can throw a wobbly etc in a supermarket, and people think 'have those parents got no control over there children' when they don't really know x

the children themselves are looked down upon by a lot of society because people dont understand what it is all about, they can be very lonely people because people are embarrassed to be around them....being in a social situation as a family again is the same, people look down on the family, a simple day out is not easy....

Chester

My 17yr old son is special needs, he has no speech, but makes alot of noise, and yes when we are out and about ppl do stare..

So I can imagine how it must be with a child/young adult that suffers from Tourettes

Notting

"Most have mild symptoms.. tics or twitches.. eye movements coughing or facial movements.. its actually rare children use obsenities..

Adults tend to use them more.. and yeah.. even the TV take the piss, often... Many a show uses it as humour.. "

Well its the usual media crap of anyone different we all must laugh at.

And we do.

Its human nature, but most of us would not do it in a malicious manner.

I mean, you've been framed - usually about people falling over, getting hurt, kids, pets etc- and we are all expected to laugh at it.

xxx

"Most have mild symptoms.. tics or twitches.. eye movements coughing or facial movements.. its actually rare children use obsenities..

Adults tend to use them more.. and yeah.. even the TV take the piss, often... Many a show uses it as humour.. "

I wish our friends child had, LOL!! I don't know there children very well, and when I've gone round (3 times, in 7 years) blimey I've never heard anything like it!

I try not to swear in front of our kids, although we have, but I think there's a guideline to picking it up, from your parents, and it having some serious affect, that person can't help. x

Well..

Thats it...

Adding it to my ever growing list of never to be mentioned agains lol..

Shit... its like a dictionary already lol...

"My 17yr old son is special needs, he has no speech, but makes alot of noise, and yes when we are out and about ppl do stare..

So I can imagine how it must be with a child/young adult that suffers from Tourettes"

It must be so hard for you Lexy.

Our son, Ok he is only 3 (4 in Nov) but he has Developmental Delay, possible ASD (Autistic) and his speech has come on so much, but yes, I am embarassed by him, because he is tall, and looks his age, but acts as a 2 year old, so its hard.

"Well..

Thats it...

Adding it to my ever growing list of never to be mentioned agains lol..

Shit... its like a dictionary already lol... "

Not at all, think people are best to get there views across though. Hey that's what Forums are all about ain't it? Lol. x

"Seriously though... anyone suffer??

Know anyone??

Heard someone claim to have it in a bank once lol.. I do recon he was faking it big time lol..

was funny.."

A friends 14 year old daughter has it, she also has it physical.

Her dad told me, she's about the only person in the school that gets away with calling her teacher a "cocksucker".

I have been there when she's been eating her dinner than all of a sudden chucked it across the floor

The thing is, some of the things she says or does are that funny, its real hard to contain yourself and we have to wait for her response, if she laughs then we all let rip, if she don't then we have to take a deep breath, and it can be hard if she suddenly shouts out the blue "i have a scabby arse crack" like she often does.

Can be very funny, but also real frustrating for the sufferers and family.

Tony

Notting

"My 17yr old son is special needs, he has no speech, but makes alot of noise, and yes when we are out and about ppl do stare..

So I can imagine how it must be with a child/young adult that suffers from Tourettes"

My best mate in london who i lived with for a while has a sister who was special needs. Her mum was worried about me moving in cos she didnt know how i would cope with her.

You know what - she was the BEST - i love her to pieces, yes she asked the same question 500 times an hour - but that little girl had no mailce in her at all.

I baked cakes with her, did drawing, took her shopping, and yhou know what - i was PROUD to take her out, cos anyone that gets to know her will know what a special little girl she is.

More needs to be open so that others will understand - and as medicine continues to get better - more of this will be open to the public.

Cripes - its not that long ago that diabetics died and were shunned as WIERDO's.

One day - not in my lifetime - but the world MAY become a happy place

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fuck me that was a serious post - i need more wine, brb!!!!!

Mrs Notts Gets funny looks taking me out...

We still laugh about it ...

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Sorry people, there has been too many complaints about the start of this thread.

I will be taking down those posts but will leave the last few posts on as it seems it could turn into a good debate or an insight into what it is all about.

Chester

So I can imagine how it must be with a child/young adult that suffers from Tourettes

It must be so hard for you Lexy.

Our son, Ok he is only 3 (4 in Nov) but he has Developmental Delay, possible ASD (Autistic) and his speech has come on so much, but yes, I am embarassed by him, because he is tall, and looks his age, but acts as a 2 year old, so its hard."

My son is my size, 5ft5, he can walk and run but is not aware of any danger, so I have to hang onto him, simple holding his hands is frowned upon by

some !!

He has no speech but boy can he whistle and make some noise which again ppl look and stare..

Other parents pull their children away, saying come away as if he has some disease, when all he is is different...

ON good days I say something to them, on bad days I wanna shout at them, arnt you lucky to have 'normal' kids !!

Its always puzzled me (and forgive me if I'm being stupid AGAIN!)

But I understand children suffering from Tourettes but my question is ...

Where do they learn the swear words from?

Its rare children swear with tourettes..

very rare!

"Its always puzzled me (and forgive me if I'm being stupid AGAIN!)

Where do they learn the swear words from?"

Parents, other school kids all sorts really..

The thing with Tourettes is that all it takes is to hear something once and that can set them of saying the same thing for months or years even.

Tony

On that note...

goodnight all... Keep it clean xx

Tourette’s syndrome is a neurological condition (a condition that affects the nervous system). It causes both physical and verbal tics, which are involuntary repetitive movements or sounds.

Tourette’s syndrome is named after the French doctor, Georges Gilles de la Tourette, who was the first person to describe the condition and its symptoms.

The symptoms of Tourette’s syndrome can range from mild to severe.

Most people associate Tourette’s syndrome with shouting swear words and obscenities. However, coprolalia (the involuntary use of inappropriate or obscene words and phrases) is uncommon. Only an estimated 10% of people with Tourette's have this particular symptom.

tv, other kids, school, the street....swearing is everywhere

nighty night notts kisses from moi and a firm handshake from freddie

Notting

"Sorry people, there has been too many complaints about the start of this thread.

I will be taking down those posts but will leave the last few posts on as it seems it could turn into a good debate or an insight into what it is all about."

thanks Rugby, it started off as just being silly, but actually i am learing alot about a subject that i have not had much dealings with.

Thanks for not closing

Chester

Its been an interesting evening, from old sweets to Tourettes, and alot of things in between !!

I'm off to bed now..Night all xx

"Sorry people, there has been too many complaints about the start of this thread.

I will be taking down those posts but will leave the last few posts on as it seems it could turn into a good debate or an insight into what it is all about."

good call btw !

Notting

"Its been an interesting evening, from old sweets to Tourettes, and alot of things in between !!

I'm off to bed now..Night all xx"

night sweety xx

We don't know to much about it, just what we have been told and seen from close friends, but after locating it on the internet, there's alot that rings true:

Tourette's syndrome is a condition that causes multiple involuntary movements or noises called tics. It starts in childhood and is associated with a number of other problems such as behavioural problems and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD/AUTISM). It can often be well managed with psychological treatments, and sometimes medication.

What is Tourette’s syndrome?

Tourette’s syndrome is a disorder that starts in childhood. The prime symptom is to have repeated tics. A tic is a sudden movement or sound that is repeated over and over, has no purpose and, in general, you cannot help doing. For example, repeated blinking, repeated throat clearing, repeated head nodding, etc. Tics are very common in children and usually last less than one year. However, children with Tourette’s syndrome have many types of tics of sudden movements and noises, and the tics persist for more than a year.

What causes Tourette’s syndrome?

The cause is not known. There are various theories which include the following:

Genetic. It is generally believed that abnormalities in genes are responsible for most cases of Tourette’s syndrome. Genes are passed onto a child from each parent and determine what we look like, how our body functions and even what diseases we may get. A child is more likely to develop Tourette’s syndrome if they have a father, mother, brother or sister with it also.

Neurological. Some studies have shown that there are some minor anomalies in the structure and working of the brain in children with Tourette’s syndrome. Studies also suggest that there may be a problem with one of the brain chemicals called dopamine. There is not a lot of information available about the detail or significance of these changes.

Environmental. Though it has not been proven, there is some evidence that problems during pregnancy or childbirth may increase the risk of a child developing Tourette’s syndrome. This may include problems such as prolonged labour, high levels of maternal stress in pregnancy, or babies with very low birthweight. There is also possibly a connection with a particular infection with the streptococcal germ in some children with Tourette’s. This is a fairly recent discovery and not very much is known about the link..

How common is Tourette’s syndrome?

Tourette’s syndrome is much more common than previously thought. About 1 in 100 children have the condition, though it varies how mild or severe it is. It is up to nine times more common in boys than in girls..

What are the symptoms of Tourette’s syndrome?

The main symptom is multiple (many) tics. These are classified as either motor (movement) or vocal tics..

Motor tics include things such as blinking, head turning, head nodding, kicking, mouth pouting, mouth opening, mouth twitches, etc.

Vocal tics include such as throat clearing, coughing, sniffing, yelling, or making animal sounds.

Tics occur very commonly in children who do not have Tourette's syndrome. In fact, up to 1 in 5 children will develop a tic at some stage. These tics are often minor and of little significance, usually come and go, and often go away within a year.

In Tourette’s syndrome, a child develops multiple tics which occur many times a day (often in bouts), and the tics last for more than one year. The tics cause some degree of difficulty in school or social function. The condition begins before 18, most commonly aged 5-7. The tics are often most severe between 9 and 11 years of age.

There are several other symptoms that sometimes occur. These include:.

Coprolalia - the involuntary use of obscenities and swear words. This is perhaps the most famous symptom which the media tend to focus in on. However, this only occurs in about 1 in 10 children with Tourette’s syndrome. Note: it must be emphasised that if this occurs, the child cannot help swearing, and it is not a reflection on their moral character or upbringing.

•Echophenomena - copying what others say and do.

•Palilalia - repeating your own words.

•Non obscene socially inappropriate (NOSI) behaviours - such as saying inappropriate or rude personal comments.

.Are there any other problems?

If a child has Tourette’s syndrome they are also likely to have one or more related conditions. It is not clear why these other conditions occur at the same time. Only about 1 in 10 children with Tourette’s syndrome has no other associated problem. The most common conditions seen with Tourette’s syndrome are listed below with how often they occur in children with Tourette’s.

•Obsessive compulsive disorder or obsessive compulsive behaviour (OCD/OCB). This occurs in about 5 in 10 children with Tourette’s syndrome.

•Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD or ADD). This occurs in about 6 in 10 children with Tourette’s syndrome.

•Learning difficulties. This occurs in about 3 in 10 children with Tourette’s syndrome.

•Mood disorders such as depression or anxiety occur in about 2 in 10 children with Tourette’s syndrome.

•Conduct disorders. These occur in about 1-2 in 10 children with Tourette’s syndrome.

•Self harming behaviours such as head banging occur in about 3 in 10 children with Tourette’s syndrome.

•Behavioural problems. Up to 8 in 10 children with Tourette’s syndrome will also have some degree of behavioural problem.

.How is Tourette’s syndrome diagnosed?

There is no test for Tourette’s syndrome. The diagnosis is made after a careful discussion with you and your child as well as a physical examination to rule out other disorders. This will usually be done by a specialist neurologist (a doctor with a special interest in the brain and nervous system). Some tests may be done to make sure that there are no other conditions which could account for the tics..

.What is the treatment for Tourette’s syndrome?

.Psychological ('talking') treatments

Various psychological treatments can help to ease the symptoms and problems of Tourette’s syndrome. These include cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), habit reversal training, hypnotherapy and social skills group training. These treatments aim to help the child to recognise and control their tics. Often children are able to learn to suppress the tics during the day at school, but will need an outlet to release them at home..

.Education and support

There is a lot of evidence that if parents and children with Tourette’s are well informed about the condition, then the child will generally do much better. It is recommended that you get in contact with the support group listed below as they can provide further information on the condition and can even put you in contact with others in the same situation.

It is very important that your child’s school teacher and others who are involved in your child’s care are informed and educated about the best way to manage this condition. Your child’s teacher can have a very positive impact on your child’s behaviour and development if they understand the problems that may be present.

In addition to any usual treatments, individual children may respond to different approaches. Parents and teachers can build on whatever works. For example, some children can gain more control of their lives through the medium of dance..

.Medication

In more severe Tourette’s, medication can sometimes help to reduce the occurrence of tics. The drugs that are used include haloperidol, risperidone, pimozide, clonazepam and sulpiride. The aim of treatment with medication is to control the tics to a point that will enable your child to function well while minimising side effects. The tics may not disappear completely..

.Management of other conditions

If your child has other conditions present with Tourette’s syndrome, then it is important that these are also treated and managed well..

.Other treatments

The use of surgery in Tourette’s syndrome is quite controversial and is generally not recommended, except under extreme circumstances. New treatments such as deep brain procedures are being trialled for the treatment of Tourette’s but are not an approved treatment at this stage.

I worked for many yrs with people with special needs, complex needs, autism etc and learning difficulties and loved every minute.

I still go to where i did work to se those who had become a little more special.

I now work with mainly elderly, socially isolated people , stroke victims and a large proportion of dementia cases etc.

Those with alzheimers can suddenly get a versian of tourettes.

People who never swore or cursed can come out with the most appalling language , which is most upsetting to the carers and families and we have to say its part of the conddition and because the desease has removed that part of the brain which inhibits bad behaviour.

The same can be said for tourettes.

We with what we call normal behaviour know if our words will cause offence etc.

Those suffering dont have that concept of right or wrong.

Its just words .

The saying..."walk a mile in my shoes before judging me" springs to mind.

Specially with the assholes round here who daily cast derision of those less fortunate.

Forum Mod

I don't believe any malice was meant at the start of the thread, I think that was made clear as the thread progessed into something really informative when people were good enough to let us know their stories about dealing with tourettes

"Seriously though... anyone suffer??

Know anyone??

was funny..

A friends 14 year old daughter has it, she also has it physical.

Her dad told me, she's about the only person in the school that gets away with calling her teacher a "cocksucker".

I have been there when she's been eating her dinner than all of a sudden chucked it across the floor

The thing is, some of the things she says or does are that funny, its real hard to contain yourself and we have to wait for her response, if she laughs then we all let rip, if she don't then we have to take a deep breath, and it can be hard if she suddenly shouts out the blue "i have a scabby arse crack" like she often does.

Can be very funny, but also real frustrating for the sufferers and family.

Tony"

Something that always puzzles me as well, The said girl does have it bad, yet if she's in chat talking to a friend, its almost like a switch turns it of and she can go for hours and not say a thing or twitch.

Tony

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I don't believe any malice was meant at the start of the thread, "

I agree.

Not having ago at anyone hpc.

its a good thread and many peeps will have a good opinion on it.

I just my little bit in the pot.

Am off to bed now, but hope to catch up with everyone tomorrow. I appreciate all that have realised you don't know what you've done, till its done, lol! For people that didn't/Don't know what Tourettes was like, sure do now

Xx

Notting

"I don't believe any malice was meant at the start of the thread, I think that was made clear as the thread progessed into something really informative when people were good enough to let us know their stories about dealing with tourettes"

No malice was meant - but now the thread has developed as it has i am glad that my posts have been removed.

Its an eye opener, and i feel for the people - more so the families - that have to deal with this condition.

Again a time where i realise how fortunate that i am xx

Notting

"Am off to bed now, but hope to catch up with everyone tomorrow. I appreciate all that have realised you don't know what you've done, till its done, lol! For people that didn't/Don't know what Tourettes was like, sure do now

Xx"

Night hun xxxx

How in less than an hour or so did this all go horribly wrong

Forgive my spelling mistakes also. ready for bed.

re the thread content.

i live close to a center for special needs which over the years has been set alight, vandalised continually.

Those attending have been attacked etc.

All by mindless yobs who were never taught respect in anyway.And thinks its FUN !!!!

these are the people i wanna have a go at. with a baseball bat

I dont think it went wrong.

I think its come out ok actually

a learning curve for us all

Notting

"Forgive my spelling mistakes also. ready for bed.

re the thread content.

i live close to a center for special needs which over the years has been set alight, vandalised continually.

Those attending have been attacked etc.

All by mindless yobs who were never taught respect in anyway.And thinks its FUN !!!!

these are the people i wanna have a go at. with a baseball bat "

Peaches that is SHIT!!!!!

That makes me feel very sad.

WHY do people behave like that WHY??It makes them a million times worse than the people they are abusing xx

Notting

"I dont think it went wrong.

I think its come out ok actually

a learning curve for us all "

And for once - on a serious note - i agree.

I know.

Over the years they have all their greenhouses broken up. Plants broken up.

Broken into and stuff nicked , walls spray painted .

Oh could go on and on.

And when some years back they wanted to build a small set of flats for some of those who could live independantly. my next door neighbour came round with a petition trying to stop it.

Saying he didnt want idiots living on his doorstep.

Needless to say i went ballistic at him.

kin bastards grrrrrrrrr

Notting

OMG!!!!

Hun that is just disgusting

It just shows how horrible human behaviour can be.

I do laugh at people/things - i will be honest - but never in a malicious way, and i would never go out of my way to hurt anyone who was different and would most DEFO not condone anyone who did either - thats abbhorent bahaviour and they deserve being swatted with a baseball bat

Well thankfully there are nice people in this word and hopefully we will win out over the sad moronic assholes who make life so difficult.

onwards and upwards eh

Notting

"Well thankfully there are nice people in this word and hopefully we will win out over the sad moronic assholes who make life so difficult.

onwards and upwards eh "

Most definately so, its the minority that cause the problems, and get the attention - but overall, most people ARE actually good people, and WILL win in the end

PMA - positive mental attitude xxxx

By *im and His slutCouple  over a year ago

mongolia

one of the kids at my sons school had tourettes, lovely kid, and actually school went well for him, did well in his exams, and apparently it was kinda cool to be friends with the kid who could tell the teacher to f*ck off

when he started at high school, the headmaster decided it would be a good idea to get some 'experts' in the condition to come in and talk to the kids, and the parents gave their input too, it explained the condition, and made it much less freaky, cos everyone understood.

there was at one point in the 3rd year signs of bullying the child, and it was dealt with efficiently ... no teachers ... the kids who were his friends dealt with it .... kids can be cruel

but if they are properly informed about things such as this, they become much more tolerent and when they realise that theres a normal person underneath, it ceases to become an issue.

although he did have classes reduced to hysterics sometimes he learned to laugh at it too.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I used to see a guy who had a form or tourettes. He didnt come out with abusive laguage or anything like that but he had a "tick" he was a lovely looking guy but every now and then he used to kind of contort his face.

I have only ever seen one person with the verbal tourettes and that was when i was in hospital having callum one of the ladies i was in with her husband had it and he used to visit her. She warned us in advance

» Add a new message to this topic