FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Stranger?

Stranger?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

if you have chatted to a couple, are a regular forumite, and a cheeky one at that, are you a stranger??? When do you stop becoming a stranger???Is it when you meet ???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would say its when you meet, as you could be anyone until then, by that I mean someone saying they are one thing, and turning out to be another lol

"I would say its when you meet, as you could be anyone until then, by that I mean someone saying they are one thing, and turning out to be another lol "

well at the minute I a me, when I send this I will still be me, if we ever meet I'll still be me so that therfore means I am not just any one but am me

Good question, in my opinion once you've interacted with someone you're no longer a stranger to them or them to you.

When it comes to the forums you can learn so much about people by reading their posts or conversing directly with them, over time you possibly know more about some forumites you've never met than some one night stands.

Oh so that's why you winked, so we are not strangers anymore

"I would say its when you meet, as you could be anyone until then, by that I mean someone saying they are one thing, and turning out to be another lol

well at the minute I a me, when I send this I will still be me, if we ever meet I'll still be me so that therfore means I am not just any one but am me "

I'm glad you are me, but we have meet up with people from here, who, in real life are not what they portray themselves as on their profile.

To me, everyone will remain a stranger, until meeting face to face

"if you have chatted to a couple, are a regular forumite, and a cheeky one at that, are you a stranger??? When do you stop becoming a stranger???Is it when you meet ??? "

Or see them on webcam

After meeting in person a few times, you could safely say you weren't strangers.

"Oh so that's why you winked, so we are not strangers anymore "

A cunning plan don't you think Baldrick!?!

I tend to think of people as strangers during the exchange of the first few messages, then acquaintances up until I meet them. After that point they're either friends or stay as acquaintances.

"Oh so that's why you winked, so we are not strangers anymore

A cunning plan don't you think Baldrick!?!"

Ah yes very clever

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Stranger - Noun:

1.A person whom one does not know or with whom one is not familiar: "she remained a stranger to him".

2.A person who does not know, or is not known in, a particular place or community: "I'm a stranger in these parts".

This is the trouble with the internet... people become familiar with a username..... and think of websites as real communities (rather than virtual ones).

You can read a 1000 posts and still know nothing about the real person.... after all, how does grooming work?

You can arrange to meet a person in a coffee shop, but all you have proved is they look like their own description.

In my book, if someone can vanish without trace at the click of a button and the snap of a free sim card…….. they are still a stranger.

"Stranger - Noun:

1.A person whom one does not know or with whom one is not familiar: "she remained a stranger to him".

2.A person who does not know, or is not known in, a particular place or community: "I'm a stranger in these parts".

This is the trouble with the internet... people become familiar with a username..... and think of websites as real communities (rather than virtual ones).

You can read a 1000 posts and still know nothing about the real person.... after all, how does grooming work?

You can arrange to meet a person in a coffee shop, but all you have proved is they look like their own description.

In my book, if someone can vanish without trace at the click of a button and the snap of a free sim card…….. they are still a stranger.

"

... Thanks for clearing that up POLO chtrystal clear too on that! Thanks

I would consider those I communicate frequently via forum boards as acquaintances until I meet them in person.

If we continue to hit off, then I would consider them as friends.

By *toneblueMan  over a year ago

Southampton

"if you have chatted to a couple, are a regular forumite, and a cheeky one at that, are you a stranger??? When do you stop becoming a stranger???Is it when you meet ??? "

When you stop being strange

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Interesting question, some on here i have known for a long time and a few who ive only met once or not even met i value their friendship.

When i meet someone at a social who i know via the forums, i dont behave in the way i would with a stranger as i feel i know them to a certain degree even if onl via the forum and no private messages.

I have known a handful of peeps on FAB since I joined over 3 years ago, and would consider them as friends even though I have not met them face to face.

So what I said earlier does not always apply, it depends on the person involved.

» Add a new message to this topic