FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Broken arm

Broken arm

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *omesticflight OP   Man  over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

Never broken a bone before. Fell off my bike, rode another 4 miles thinking "bloody hell my thumb hurts"

Anyone have any more interesting tales of how they broke limbs?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tractor and trailer went over me, broken hip, three vertibre, both wrists, six toes, eight teeth out and yeah still healing from it all lol

Left arm, every summer in secondary school, off a roof (wrist) through a roof (wrist), football (elbow), tennis (elbow no pun intended) and skateboarding (forearm).

The tennis one was worst, tripped and got my fingers caught in the mesh fence, elbow bent the wrong way and shattered…

I fell off a bunk bed, the ones where it had a slide and broke my arm.

Also jumped out of bed one morning because I thought I could hear one of the kids crying. My leg didn't have chance to wake up and I ended up on a heap on the floor. I didn't break anything other than my pride. I had a badly sprained ankle though. Also, the crying? It was a dream!

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Only ever broken my nose but done that 3 times.

First time when standing up to a gang of thugs when I was 16 or 17.

Second time getting something off the top of a wardrobe and it tipped over and the third time was playing squash when my own racquet hit the wall and bounced back straight in my face.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Tractor and trailer went over me, broken hip, three vertibre, both wrists, six toes, eight teeth out and yeah still healing from it all lol"

that's awful. How far along the road to recovery are you?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I broke my wrist when I was 30, I went over the head of a horse while going over a jump.

By hand got slammed in a mini bus sliding door, door closed fully on my hand, popped all four fingers out of the knuckles and broke my fingers - ouch !! Xx

"Tractor and trailer went over me, broken hip, three vertibre, both wrists, six toes, eight teeth out and yeah still healing from it all lol

that's awful. How far along the road to recovery are you?"

Trying to walk without a stick at moment, looks like hip may need more work, necks healed ok and long wait for the dental work, rest just sore and cold weather isn't helping.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I broke my wrist slipping on wet tiles getting out of the jacuzzi at a swingers club

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Tractor and trailer went over me, broken hip, three vertibre, both wrists, six toes, eight teeth out and yeah still healing from it all lol

Trying to walk without a stick at moment, looks like hip may need more work, necks healed ok and long wait for the dental work, rest just sore and cold weather isn't helping."

Hips take a long time to get right.

Hope it goes well

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

3 years running in the Easter holidays (3rd year junior, 4th year junior, 1st year senior)

All 3 times ice skating.

The first break was the first time I ever went ice skating. A big tall man fell forward, grabbed onto my right shoulder to steady himself and then he fell backwards. Of course he pulled me too and my right arm twisted up behind my back and splat.

2nd and 3rd time were nowhere near as bad. 3rd time I just phoned my dad from the rink and told him I'd broken my arm again and I'd meet him at the hospital. Hospital was literally across the road from the rink.

Hi Keith Mr plaster technician, I'm back again.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"Tractor and trailer went over me, broken hip, three vertibre, both wrists, six toes, eight teeth out and yeah still healing from it all lol"

eeeeeeeeek

I broke my arm playing “rugby”.

Me and a group of friends found a rugby ball when we were young. We didn’t know the rules so basically just threw the ball around and kicked the shit out of each other. It did not end well for me

eeeeeeeeek"

Yeah did spend a week in ICU, they said made a change from covid...could think of other things I would rather have!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Trying to walk without a stick at moment, looks like hip may need more work, necks healed ok and long wait for the dental work, rest just sore and cold weather isn't helping.

Hope it goes well "

Was it a bike accident?

Hope it goes well

Was it a bike accident? "

Yeah coming round a bend the tractor just pulled right out on top of me, least had the decency to admit he forgot to look so insurance is all being sorted without a court case.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Hope it goes well

Was it a bike accident?

Yeah coming round a bend the tractor just pulled right out on top of me, least had the decency to admit he forgot to look so insurance is all being sorted without a court case."

Christ. There’s no settlement that can fix that but I’m glad it’s at least sorted

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

Hope it goes well

Was it a bike accident?

Yeah coming round a bend the tractor just pulled right out on top of me, least had the decency to admit he forgot to look so insurance is all being sorted without a court case."

Jeeeebusssss that sounds horrific

Hope it goes well

Was it a bike accident?

Yeah coming round a bend the tractor just pulled right out on top of me, least had the decency to admit he forgot to look so insurance is all being sorted without a court case.

Christ. There’s no settlement that can fix that but I’m glad it’s at least sorted "

Cheers, who would thought fab be keeping me sane whilst stuck indoors lol

By *lectrumMan  over a year ago

south shields

Fell off a ladder and dislocated my shoulder

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I broke my wrist by falling off a dining chair when I was about 6, about 6 weeks later I was running round in playground fell over and broke it again

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Hope it goes well

Was it a bike accident?

That's awful. A car pulled out on my brother, he was terribly injured . Still suffers the consequences over 30 years later. Wishing you a good and speedy recovery.

By *pen2UMan  over a year ago

Telford

"Never broken a bone before. Fell off my bike, rode another 4 miles thinking "bloody hell my thumb hurts"

Anyone have any more interesting tales of how they broke limbs?"

Came off my bike going downhill, went to get onto the curb (on the bike) hit the edgr flew 10ft and ended up breaking the shoulder ball in 3 places! No helmet and no damage to my head thankfully!

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Went for a run 8 years ago slipped on ice. Fell on arm.::ooo that hurt. Walked home. Really hurt by time I was home. Yeah old man who works for nhs goes go and get an X-ray!!!!

Fractured arm and 3 weeks of work

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Sorry to hear that OP. Hope it's not your wanking arm?

Get well soon

By *ysyphusMan  over a year ago

Starbase K-7

I had a season ticket to A&E a few years back, with broken nose, broken metatarsal, three fractured vertebrae, and a radial head fracture, all in one year. I also smashed two teeth when I broke my nose, and have had my skull fractured twice as a kid.

I probably should have bought that lucky white heather from the old Gypsy woman...

Where to start, I dislocated a collar bone riding a bike down steps, as I went down them my back brake cable snapped forcing me to use the front one

I broke my hand coming off my bike going 32mph (speedo said so)

I dislocated my hip and didn’t notice for a year. Still don’t know how I did that one

and most recently

Snapped my femur hitting a Land Rover at 70mph in a car.

I’m sure there’s more I’ve forgotten about

Bust my “hip” (not actual hip but the lining of the cup in the pelvis bit) when riding an ex polo pony, forgot he was a former polo pony, and asked for a longer stride of canter in the school, bugger took off, couldn’t get round the corner, tripped and somersaulted, I landed first and he landed on top of me, both of us were knocked out. I came to first, with a furry bum on my face. His owner and someone else were gassing to each other so didn’t see what happened.

14 years later, 7 months after that hip was replaced, I went and broke the femur of same leg doing dog agility, again those who should have been watching were too busy gassing to each other, was ages before anyone noticed me on the ground screaming obscenities and my dog too scared to come near me. If I’d remembered that my phone was in my bum bag I’d have called my own ambulance!

"Where to start, I dislocated a collar bone riding a bike down steps, as I went down them my back brake cable snapped forcing me to use the front one

I dislocated my hip and didn’t notice for a year. Still don’t know how I did that one

and most recently

I’m sure there’s more I’ve forgotten about "

How are you even still alive?

Can’t believe you dislocated your hip and didn’t notice, or you obviously have a high pain threshold or your femoral nerve doesn’t work

"Where to start, I dislocated a collar bone riding a bike down steps, as I went down them my back brake cable snapped forcing me to use the front one

and most recently

I’m sure there’s more I’ve forgotten about

How are you even still alive?

Can’t believe you dislocated your hip and didn’t notice, or you obviously have a high pain threshold or your femoral nerve doesn’t work"

I think there’s a lot about me that’s broken internally but I just have a permanent walk like a snipers nightmare now

I either dislocated it falling out a tree about 20 foot, backflipping down stairs on my skates or the least likely, diving into a pool wrong. I’m going with the tree one

Oh my nose has been broken 8 times. Forgot about those ones

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I broke my shoulder (proximal humerus) falling sideways off a horse. He spooked at a puddle while I was changed the rein in trot on a long diagonal. I got back on, shoved my hand into position and rode over jumps for a further hour. Then drove myself home (had broken my gear changing side), eventually agreed to go to the walk in centre (by driving myself, as Mr KC can't drive). They said it wasn't broken and sent me away in a sling. Forced myself to use it for three weeks but it was giving me gip so went to a hospital appointment and they re-xrayed and said it was broken.

I had my final observations as a trainee teacher with my arm strapped up, one of which was a dissection, which I had to do with one arm.

As a now disabled person, I can confirm that the loss of function of an arm is much more disabling than a leg. You can get wheels and stuff to replace legs, but you can't easily do arms.

Can we talk about siblings?

My sister broke her leg 10 years ago and walked (and drove) on it for a week. She did it while walking to the ferry on Isle of Rhum up north, drove home (automatic car, but left leg) asked me to come have a look a week after, very swollen and took her to Minor injuries as she insisted it wasn’t broken….. it was! Spiral fracture in a boot for 8 weeks. She was 70!

FF 10 years, the Sunday before Christmas 6 weeks post hip replacement op, she slipped and fell outside, thought she’d just twisted her knee (other leg to operated one) walked on that for 10 days before seeking an X-ray…. Yep she’d been walking on a broken knee cap… Minor Injuries couldn’t believe it as it nigh on impossible apparently 4 days later (3rd Jan) she had an op to fix the badly displaced knee cap broken in 4 pieces. She’s now in recovery for it with a leg brace. She’s 80 now….. I dread what’s in store in 10 years!

"I broke my shoulder (proximal humerus) falling sideways off a horse. He spooked at a puddle while I was changed the rein in trot on a long diagonal. I got back on, shoved my hand into position and rode over jumps for a further hour. Then drove myself home (had broken my gear changing side), eventually agreed to go to the walk in centre (by driving myself, as Mr KC can't drive). They said it wasn't broken and sent me away in a sling. Forced myself to use it for three weeks but it was giving me gip so went to a hospital appointment and they re-xrayed and said it was broken.

I had my final observations as a trainee teacher with my arm strapped up, one of which was a dissection, which I had to do with one arm.

As a now disabled person, I can confirm that the loss of function of an arm is much more disabling than a leg. You can get wheels and stuff to replace legs, but you can't easily do arms. "

Do you still teach?

Horses have a lot of answer for! But love them!

North West

"I broke my shoulder (proximal humerus) falling sideways off a horse. He spooked at a puddle while I was changed the rein in trot on a long diagonal. I got back on, shoved my hand into position and rode over jumps for a further hour. Then drove myself home (had broken my gear changing side), eventually agreed to go to the walk in centre (by driving myself, as Mr KC can't drive). They said it wasn't broken and sent me away in a sling. Forced myself to use it for three weeks but it was giving me gip so went to a hospital appointment and they re-xrayed and said it was broken.

As a now disabled person, I can confirm that the loss of function of an arm is much more disabling than a leg. You can get wheels and stuff to replace legs, but you can't easily do arms.

Do you still teach?

Horses have a lot of answer for! But love them! "

I teach and manage a department nowadays. I also still ride... My shoulder has never been the same since though and recently, it's started clicking and making grating noises

I’ve broken plenty , ribs and punctured lung horse riding (falling). Ankles , cheekbone, ruptured ACL from football. Broken wrist and collarbone from separate bike accidents but easily the most embarrassing was dislocating my shoulder from riding the supermarket trolley and having it flip up leaving me flat on the concrete.

By *xford_geekCouple  over a year ago

Cotswolds

Currently broken and leg in a brace. So angry and depressed ??

By *uminsiderMKMan  over a year ago

St Austell

The only properly broken bone I've had was 30+ years ago, when I took the short way down from the top of a ladder...

....working as a window cleaner above a bay window at the time, when I felt the bottom start to slip away, I made a snap decision to step off, rather than take my chance on how and where I'd land - unfortunately, I didn't have time to land properly, and one heel took the full force as I hit the ground...

....I ended up in hospital for two weeks and attending physiotherapy for six months - the consultant described the crushing and shattering of my heel bone as the worst he'd seen in 20 years...

....the worst part was that the house it happened at was that of the customer who I fancied the most - not only was she a very attractive 30-something mum of two, but her main bedroom often had sexy lingerie laying around in full view...

....though I'd often thought about getting my arms around her, to be doing so with her half-carring me to her car to take me to the local surgery wasn't exactly what I'd had in mind!

Cotswolds

"The only properly broken bone I've had was 30+ years ago, when I took the short way down from the top of a ladder...

....working as a window cleaner above a bay window at the time, when I felt the bottom start to slip away, I made a snap decision to step off, rather than take my chance on how and where I'd land - unfortunately, I didn't have time to land properly, and one heel took the full force as I hit the ground...

....I ended up in hospital for two weeks and attending physiotherapy for six months - the consultant described the crushing and shattering of my heel bone as the worst he'd seen in 20 years...

....the worst part was that the house it happened at was that of the customer who I fancied the most - not only was she a very attractive 30-something mum of two, but her main bedroom often had sexy lingerie laying around in full view...

....though I'd often thought about getting my arms around her, to be doing so with her half-carring me to her car to take me to the local surgery wasn't exactly what I'd had in mind! "

Full recovery?

By *uminsiderMKMan  over a year ago

St Austell

"Full recovery?"

Not 100% - though I've not yet had to have the surgery he predicted I'd need within 10-15 years...

....and I also returned to the window cleaning for a while, despite being told I'd never be able to climb a ladder again - but then trying to impress a sexy blonde physio went a long way to achieving that!

Cotswolds

"Full recovery?

Not 100% - though I've not yet had to have the surgery he predicted I'd need within 10-15 years...

....and I also returned to the window cleaning for a while, despite being told I'd never be able to climb a ladder again - but then trying to impress a sexy blonde physio went a long way to achieving that! "

I'm beginning to get an idea of what motivates you lol

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

I recently tripped on an uneven pacing slab while out running, broke my shoulder, dislocated the opposite arm & smashed up my knee

Ended up in two slings the dislocated arm in plaster, a plate & 8 pins put in my shoulder, I'm still in agony 3 months later and may require as second surgery

Cotswolds

"I recently tripped on an uneven pacing slab while out running, broke my shoulder, dislocated the opposite arm & smashed up my knee

Ended up in two slings the dislocated arm in plaster, a plate & 8 pins put in my shoulder, I'm still in agony 3 months later and may require as second surgery "

Sorry to hear that. Recovery is so long and depressing

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

"I recently tripped on an uneven pacing slab while out running, broke my shoulder, dislocated the opposite arm & smashed up my knee

Ended up in two slings the dislocated arm in plaster, a plate & 8 pins put in my shoulder, I'm still in agony 3 months later and may require as second surgery

Sorry to hear that. Recovery is so long and depressing "

Thank you, I'm honestly going mad, spending more time than I should on her making myself feel even worse as meets aren't really possible right now

Cotswolds

Ditto here. Signed off work and just have to sit on sofa with leg up.

So bored!

Motorcycle accident leg arm ribs jaw broken !

Zip slide other arm broken !

Chainsaw in head 100+ stitches

Oh and when younger a lady decided to bite instead of suck another seven stitches

I broke my angle on bloody steps slipped...im clumsy as hell at times at times was smoking,was going out for a fag it was dark and I just slipped .actually that night was my first bi experience and all we ended up in hospital afterwards

Starbase K-7

"Motorcycle accident leg arm ribs jaw broken !

Oh and when younger a lady decided to bite instead of suck another seven stitches "

This is why you should seek out Cougars. They can put their teeth i. A mug beside the bed.

"Motorcycle accident leg arm ribs jaw broken !

Oh and when younger a lady decided to bite instead of suck another seven stitches

This is why you should seek out Cougars. They can put their teeth i. A mug beside the bed."

Lol

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Not my bone.

I was kicking a ball around with some male friends before school, including my biggest crush at the time. Passed the ball to him, he jumped to get it, fell awkwardly. Broke his leg in multiple places, cast for nearly a year including several surgeries, never walked properly again.

Freak accident. On one hand I wanted to die; on the other hand people made grotesque jokes about the harm I was capable of inflicting on others

"I broke my angle on bloody steps slipped...im clumsy as hell at times at times was smoking,was going out for a fag it was dark and I just slipped .actually that night was my first bi experience and all we ended up in hospital afterwards "

Ankle ffs

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

Slipped on wet bathroom floor after a shower, smashed my knee into what surgeons described as jigsaw pieces. 27 days in hospital, 2 surgeries (one lasting 7h), one medieval torture device (read: hip to ankle x-fix frame) that I nicknamed Igor the Brute replaced eventually by 2 metal plates and some screws. Plus physio etc. Just over 3 years later, I am still having better days and worse days. But walking with no mobility aids.

No broken bones before then. I was even more upset as I was supposed to have had a hot bi mmf the day that I broke my knee!

"Slipped on wet bathroom floor after a shower, smashed my knee into what surgeons described as jigsaw pieces. 27 days in hospital, 2 surgeries (one lasting 7h), one medieval torture device (read: hip to ankle x-fix frame) that I nicknamed Igor the Brute replaced eventually by 2 metal plates and some screws. Plus physio etc. Just over 3 years later, I am still having better days and worse days. But walking with no mobility aids.

No broken bones before then. I was even more upset as I was supposed to have had a hot bi mmf the day that I broke my knee! "

Christ,that sounds nasty

Bedford

"Slipped on wet bathroom floor after a shower, smashed my knee into what surgeons described as jigsaw pieces. 27 days in hospital, 2 surgeries (one lasting 7h), one medieval torture device (read: hip to ankle x-fix frame) that I nicknamed Igor the Brute replaced eventually by 2 metal plates and some screws. Plus physio etc. Just over 3 years later, I am still having better days and worse days. But walking with no mobility aids.

No broken bones before then. I was even more upset as I was supposed to have had a hot bi mmf the day that I broke my knee!

Christ,that sounds nasty "

Yes, it's unbelievable how much damage you can do to yourself by silly slips . Everyone found it hard to believe that just a slip would cause such an injury. Just my luck

Bedford

Hope it goes well

Was it a bike accident?

Christ. There’s no settlement that can fix that but I’m glad it’s at least sorted

Cheers, who would thought fab be keeping me sane whilst stuck indoors lol"

Fab was keeping me sane(ish) when I was in hospital after my silly slip. Some people did not believe me though that I was an actual patient and no, I didn't want to meet them down the cafeteria as I was bed-bound. Hard to take a hospital bed down to cafeteria! Lol.

The only broken bones I've had were caused by a previous partner. Cheekbone, fingers and hand.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Fracture virgin here

Ouch!

Yes! My ex boss thought it would ge a good idea to spike my drinks with double/triple vodkas at my works leaving party.

Ended up with a trimalleolar fracture and dislocation. I nearly lost my foot. Ended up having it pinned and plated

6 weeks to heal and couldn't start my new job. Luckily they kept the position open

"Ouch!

Yes! My ex boss thought it would ge a good idea to spike my drinks with double/triple vodkas at my works leaving party.

Ended up with a trimalleolar fracture and dislocation. I nearly lost my foot. Ended up having it pinned and plated

6 weeks to heal and couldn't start my new job. Luckily they kept the position open

"

And I don't drink, she knew this

Cotswolds

"Ouch!

And I don't drink, she knew this "

I kinda feel this should be a crime...

I tripped over completely sober on a first date with someone, went down with such force that I immediately threw up got up, tidied myself up, carried on with the date and drank through the pain because I was so embarrased, turns out i'd broken my arm

"Ouch!

I kinda feel this should be a crime..."

I reported it to my work after someone told me they'd seen what she did.

She had a disciplinary which resulted in her being sacked. And the Police were involved as well as it was regarded as assault.

Cotswolds

"Ouch!

I kinda feel this should be a crime...

I reported it to my work after someone told me they'd seen what she did.

She had a disciplinary which resulted in her being sacked. And the Police were involved as well as it was regarded as assault."

Good

By *heOriginalLoisWoman  over a year ago

London

Broken metatarsal from a slip on a rug.

Orbital blowout, when mugged.

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Only broken one in my life, third time out on an over water zip line at nuclear races, changed the line I'd been using went out and the line was slacker and i jolted, felt a pain and fell. I was discharged from hospital after multiple xrays saying nothing was wrong, they were more concerned about my spine and fall from a height, 6 weeks later I still didn't have great mobility and a lot of pain, follow up ultrasound and xrays showed my rotator cuff was badly strained, and had shattered a piece of the humerus head and caused a fracture throughout it......the other hospital said it was OK

Now left with a grinding clicking shoulder as the humerus head is no longer smooth

I fractured my tailbone on an ice rink aged 15. It's still giving me grief!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I fractured my tailbone on an ice rink aged 15. It's still giving me grief! "

My metal plate is my meteorologist

By *wingamajigsCouple  over a year ago

Folkestone

Broke my neck, collar bone, 3 ribs and pierced a lung riding my mountain bike. Still riding and would say im faster than before.

North West

"Only broken one in my life, third time out on an over water zip line at nuclear races, changed the line I'd been using went out and the line was slacker and i jolted, felt a pain and fell. I was discharged from hospital after multiple xrays saying nothing was wrong, they were more concerned about my spine and fall from a height, 6 weeks later I still didn't have great mobility and a lot of pain, follow up ultrasound and xrays showed my rotator cuff was badly strained, and had shattered a piece of the humerus head and caused a fracture throughout it......the other hospital said it was OK

Now left with a grinding clicking shoulder as the humerus head is no longer smooth"

Similar to my humerus break. It was misdiagnosed for three weeks before I had a second x-ray at a different hospital, then they said it's broken. My shoulder has never been the same since and it clicks horribly

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"Only broken one in my life, third time out on an over water zip line at nuclear races, changed the line I'd been using went out and the line was slacker and i jolted, felt a pain and fell. I was discharged from hospital after multiple xrays saying nothing was wrong, they were more concerned about my spine and fall from a height, 6 weeks later I still didn't have great mobility and a lot of pain, follow up ultrasound and xrays showed my rotator cuff was badly strained, and had shattered a piece of the humerus head and caused a fracture throughout it......the other hospital said it was OK

Now left with a grinding clicking shoulder as the humerus head is no longer smooth

Similar to my humerus break. It was misdiagnosed for three weeks before I had a second x-ray at a different hospital, then they said it's broken. My shoulder has never been the same since and it clicks horribly "

Yeah it was spotted at my ultrasound on the rotator.... the words slowly bring your arm back round and strapped me up and said we need to go to xray now that doesn't look right came out of his mouth with a concerned look

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

Fractured my jaw - in a truly classy fashion!

Was violently sick after being carted home by the police in my youth, missed the toilet pan and smacked my face of the tiled bathroom floor

Not my finest hour xx

Starbase K-7

"Fractured my jaw - in a truly classy fashion!

Was violently sick after being carted home by the police in my youth, missed the toilet pan and smacked my face of the tiled bathroom floor

Not my finest hour xx"

Does it still need kissed better? I mean,my elbow still hurts five years later, so...?

» Add a new message to this topic