FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cheers

Cheers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman  over a year ago

B38

Whilst in the beer garden of my local pub I have just overheard a guy proudly, and loudly telling a story.

A barmaid had found a wallet and inside was £600 and bank cards, which she handed in.

The following day a man came in and asking if a wallet had been handed in.

He was really grateful that it had, and offered to buy the barmaid a drink.

The guy told him he was out of order as there was £600 in the wallet.

He then took out £200 and gave it to the barmaid, telling the guy to never come back!

He seemed so very pleased with himself!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Who took the 200 out the guy who lost it or someone who worked in the place it was hand in

B38

"Who took the 200 out the guy who lost it or someone who worked in the place it was hand in"

It was the guy relaying the story...I think he was the manager or worked behind the bar...it was of a different pub though

B38

"Who took the 200 out the guy who lost it or someone who worked in the place it was hand in"

He was saying how he was glad he hadn't handed it over before giving her the £200

Is it beer garden weather already?

B38

"Is it beer garden weather already? "

Nah..I was vaping...gave the ciggies up a month ago!

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"Who took the 200 out the guy who lost it or someone who worked in the place it was hand in

It was the guy relaying the story...I think he was the manager or worked behind the bar...it was of a different pub though"

That could have been his rent money or anything. What a prick.

Can't just got round giving other peoples money away just coz you think it seems fair.

I find money a fair bit at work, phones, wallets etc. It can be a bit disheartening when they don't offer you anything at all (not even a heartfelt thank you) but that's an aside. It's their property and that's that.

"Who took the 200 out the guy who lost it or someone who worked in the place it was hand in

It was the guy relaying the story...I think he was the manager or worked behind the bar...it was of a different pub though"

Awww ok yes he was in the wrong for takeing the 200 out and giveing to the barmaid it wasn’t his money to give away regardless off handing or not also don’t see a problem with buying sed barmaid a drink

Whole think sounds to me like sed guy maybe liked sed barmaid and got offended by the guy asking to by her a drink

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

That's theft. If I was the barmaid I would have been terribly embarrassed.

I wonder how true it was

B38

It was the guy relaying the story...I think he was the manager or worked behind the bar...it was of a different pub though

Can't just got round giving other peoples money away just coz you think it seems fair.

I find money a fair bit at work, phones, wallets etc. It can be a bit disheartening when they don't offer you anything at all (not even a heartfelt thank you) but that's an aside. It's their property and that's that."

That's exactly what I was feeling.

"Is it beer garden weather already?

Nah..I was vaping...gave the ciggies up a month ago! "

B38

"That's theft. If I was the barmaid I would have been terribly embarrassed.

I wonder how true it was"

He seemed pretty cock and proud of himself!

It is theft!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Also how did he know that the £600 wasn't all the man had in the world

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I wonder how true it was

It is theft!"

I don't like this man and I've never met him

B38

Awww ok yes he was in the wrong for takeing the 200 out and giveing to the barmaid it wasn’t his money to give away regardless off handing or not also don’t see a problem with buying sed barmaid a drink

Whole think sounds to me like sed guy maybe liked sed barmaid and got offended by the guy asking to by her a drink

"

Just when I think people can't shock me anymore! He was so arrogant about it!

B38

I wonder how true it was

It is theft!

I don't like this man and I've never met him "

Me neither...I felt like telling him about himself.

Loud as you like..he was!

B38

"Also how did he know that the £600 wasn't all the man had in the world"

Exactly...maybe it was his rent...mortgage...imagine the consequences that could lead to!

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I find money a fair bit at work, phones, wallets etc. It can be a bit disheartening when they don't offer you anything at all (not even a heartfelt thank you) but that's an aside. It's their property and that's that."

That was my thoughts too. My partner used to get paid cash in hand and to look in his wallet you would think he was minted but that was actually all the money he had and he used to struggle to get by at the time. If someone had given away £200 of his money he would have been screwed. Granted he would have been more screwed if he had lost the whole £600 but still.

It's a lot to have in a wallet but if someone had £600 in their bank account would it be assumed he could afford to give away £200?

B38

I find money a fair bit at work, phones, wallets etc. It can be a bit disheartening when they don't offer you anything at all (not even a heartfelt thank you) but that's an aside. It's their property and that's that.

That was my thoughts too. My partner used to get paid cash in hand and to look in his wallet you would think he was minted but that was actually all the money he had and he used to struggle to get by at the time. If someone had given away £200 of his money he would have been screwed. Granted he would have been more screwed if he had lost the whole £600 but still.

It's a lot to have in a wallet but if someone had £600 in their bank account would it be assumed he could afford to give away £200?"

He's so out of order!

Just when I think people can't shock me anymore! He was so arrogant about it!"

It’s definitely shocking to say the least it’s stealing for shour

I doubt if that is the whole truth of the story. I suspect the addendum where he took the money for the barmaid was pure fantasy where he played the hero.

B38

"I doubt if that is the whole truth of the story. I suspect the addendum where he took the money for the barmaid was pure fantasy where he played the hero."

Even if that was the case...what a bad attitude he has...to even think that would be acceptable!

Sounds like a cock chatting shit.

"I doubt if that is the whole truth of the story. I suspect the addendum where he took the money for the barmaid was pure fantasy where he played the hero.

Even if that was the case...what a bad attitude he has...to even think that would be acceptable!"

Absolutely. To assume he can do what he likes with others' belongings. I'd hate to imagine what he'd do to a car had it been car keys the barmaid had found.

By *rKnowMan  over a year ago

Bristol & Exeter

"I doubt if that is the whole truth of the story. I suspect the addendum where he took the money for the barmaid was pure fantasy where he played the hero."

That was my first thought too… even so, it does invite all sorts of judgement, some of which the storyteller possibly would not like. I wonder what he has going on in his life…

B38

"Sounds like a cock chatting shit."

He was definitely a cock...everything about him...shouted it!

Making your way in the world today takes everything you’ve got

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"Making your way in the world today takes everything you’ve got "

I sang it as I read it

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I doubt if that is the whole truth of the story. I suspect the addendum where he took the money for the barmaid was pure fantasy where he played the hero.

Even if that was the case...what a bad attitude he has...to even think that would be acceptable!"

I think sometimes people get a bit carried away with their superhero complex. How many times have I heard someone offer to dish out violence on someone's behalf as if it makes them the good guy.

» Add a new message to this topic