FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Unbrella payment (football)

Unbrella payment (football)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aughty_tony OP   Man  over a year ago

King's Lynn

So as we are nearing the final part of the season and we are seeing teams standings to be, where they have earnt to be. Is acceptable that if a team like Newcastle United (currently one of the richest in England), recieve the 120 million pound over three seasons. Or should there be a cut off for this Umbrella payment and this money spent to help struggling clubs. Maybe say Derby County or the non league club refuges league status due to grounds being to small?

This is not a dig at any club or supporting any club, just a post for discussion.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

F**k derby. I need to know more about this payment so will look it up but grassroots deserves more funding

King's Lynn

"F**k derby. I need to know more about this payment so will look it up but grassroots deserves more funding"

A club relgated from the Prem gate a Umbrella payment. About 120 mil over 3 seasons, unless premoted back during that time.

King's Lynn

Get not gate lol. Sorry been drinking lol

What absolute horse sh**..

King's Lynn

Yes and last Season King's Lynn town, secured promotion into league 2 but were denied as their ground being to small.

By the way I'm a Cambridge United supporter, so using King's Lynn and also Derby as examples.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Football could almost refloat the whole uk NHS system!! The money is sooooo rediculous

King's Lynn

"Football could almost refloat the whole uk NHS system!! The money is sooooo rediculous

"

Yes in part I agree, but it also makes so much money. But when you think a good league 2 player can be getting £1200 a week, its a bit shocking.

Grounds being too small I can understand as if the club were really that ambitious they would of sorted this

"Football could almost refloat the whole uk NHS system!! The money is sooooo rediculous

"

Proper crazy money

Parachute payments are available to any club that is relegated from the Premier League to help with the loss in revenue. Although Newcastle have the richest owners they’d still take a massive loss in revenue and IF promoted again it would seriously hinder any chances of survival due to FFP regulations.

So the short answer is no there shouldn’t be a cutoff.

King's Lynn

Yes I agree to but would be nice to see funding for those teams to help with a ground share. I mean even Spurs used Webely for 12 to 18 months. Not say a newly promoted non-league team should play at Wembely but just an example.

King's Lynn

"Parachute payments are available to any club that is relegated from the Premier League to help with the loss in revenue. Although Newcastle have the richest owners they’d still take a massive loss in revenue and IF promoted again it would seriously hinder any chances of survival due to FFP regulations.

So the short answer is no there shouldn’t be a cutoff. "

Thank you, so you beleive evenwith thier wealth this payment is still needed? I trust it was implemented fora good reason, to prevent clubs going backrupt with high wage bills.

"Parachute payments are available to any club that is relegated from the Premier League to help with the loss in revenue. Although Newcastle have the richest owners they’d still take a massive loss in revenue and IF promoted again it would seriously hinder any chances of survival due to FFP regulations.

Thank you, so you beleive evenwith thier wealth this payment is still needed? I trust it was implemented fora good reason, to prevent clubs going backrupt with high wage bills."

If they scrapped FFP then it wouldn’t be needed but as long as they limit clubs on what they can spend it’s the only way to level the playing field. Even as a Newcastle fan and the players we’re now able to sign I still think the money in football needs a massive rethink.

King's Lynn

Thank you, so you beleive evenwith thier wealth this payment is still needed? I trust it was implemented fora good reason, to prevent clubs going backrupt with high wage bills.

If they scrapped FFP then it wouldn’t be needed but as long as they limit clubs on what they can spend it’s the only way to level the playing field. Even as a Newcastle fan and the players we’re now able to sign I still think the money in football needs a massive rethink. "

I'm not attacking Newcastle United here, merely using them as an example. Could well be Spurs, Man U or with some luck Arsenal lol. But I do really feel for King's Lynn, having worked hard to get promoted but be told they can't be. Just think maybe some help should be given. Not saying give them money, but some help, for the beautiful game.

P.S. I have a Sunderland fan friend who agree's Newcastle should be entitled to the Umbrella payment should they be relegated lol

By *urio77Man  over a year ago

northampton

So the short answer is no there shouldn’t be a cutoff. "

Spot on.

If they scrapped FFP then it wouldn’t be needed but as long as they limit clubs on what they can spend it’s the only way to level the playing field. Even as a Newcastle fan and the players we’re now able to sign I still think the money in football needs a massive rethink.

I'm not attacking Newcastle United here, merely using them as an example. Could well be Spurs, Man U or with some luck Arsenal lol. But I do really feel for King's Lynn, having worked hard to get promoted but be told they can't be. Just think maybe some help should be given. Not saying give them money, but some help, for the beautiful game.

P.S. I have a Sunderland fan friend who agree's Newcastle should be entitled to the Umbrella payment should they be relegated lol"

I think if a club is promoted at the first or second attempt the remainder of the parachute payments gets filtered down the leagues. I’m not 100% on that but I vaguely remember reading something about it last time Newcastle were promoted.

King's Lynn

P.S. I have a Sunderland fan friend who agree's Newcastle should be entitled to the Umbrella payment should they be relegated lol

I think if a club is promoted at the first or second attempt the remainder of the parachute payments gets filtered down the leagues. I’m not 100% on that but I vaguely remember reading something about it last time Newcastle were promoted."

Thanks for you insight, and I hope you guys don't need to worry about it and remain in the Prem. An extra worrying for the tradional top 6, that is what I hope for from you guys

I think if a club is promoted at the first or second attempt the remainder of the parachute payments gets filtered down the leagues. I’m not 100% on that but I vaguely remember reading something about it last time Newcastle were promoted.

Thanks for you insight, and I hope you guys don't need to worry about it and remain in the Prem. An extra worrying for the tradional top 6, that is what I hope for from you guys "

They’re already worried. I’m guessing that’s why Man U are playing hardball with Lingard. If we sign the others we’re linked with we stand a good chance of staying up and then the summer is when the fun begins

» Add a new message to this topic