FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Losing someone

Losing someone

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Losing someone as in your partner is a pain that I would not wish on anybody ever , but will certainly open your eyes to certain things you never did before , it will make you realise what really matters and what really doesn't and it 100% makes you appreciate everyday and every person that bit more for sure , I will not look at the world in any way other than positive from now on , sending positive vibes all round and always keep your heads up no matter what , have a great day people

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm sorry that you've lost someone and happy to see you have a positive outlook.

However it isn't always possible to remain positive in the face of great pain and it's ok to need reach out for help if you feel bad.

"I'm sorry that you've lost someone and happy to see you have a positive outlook.

However it isn't always possible to remain positive in the face of great pain and it's ok to need reach out for help if you feel bad. "

Agreed it's not easy but I try my best and I like to try and spread that positivity if I can

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm sorry that you've lost someone and happy to see you have a positive outlook.

However it isn't always possible to remain positive in the face of great pain and it's ok to need reach out for help if you feel bad.

Agreed it's not easy but I try my best and I like to try and spread that positivity if I can "

it's always nice to meet positive people

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I agree 100%

I would add that what is hardest is never having the right support for all those affected following a death. Speaking from my own experience I have retreated inside with pain but it is there every day and it has negatively impacted on pretty much everything I've done.

I can see you have a very positive attitude and as was said above, seek out the support from the organisations that are around it will help living with things in the future... it wasn't there for me although my circumstance were different I suspect and decades ago.

Seeking a long term relationship is great I do hope you find a true partner through here or elsewhere good luck with everything you sound a very decent person

I think there are a significant number of people swinging and or on sites like fab in a similar position it's just finding them in amongst everyone else

I know the feeling Op ... it never get easier !!

By *erenity20Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

It's hard losing someone you have a connection with, no matter what the circumstances.

I think some of us live in unbridled hope of finding someone on here but at times it's like "looking for a Ruby in a mountain of rock "

Stay positive OP x

"I agree 100%

I would add that what is hardest is never having the right support for all those affected following a death. Speaking from my own experience I have retreated inside with pain but it is there every day and it has negatively impacted on pretty much everything I've done.

I can see you have a very positive attitude and as was said above, seek out the support from the organisations that are around it will help living with things in the future... it wasn't there for me although my circumstance were different I suspect and decades ago.

Seeking a long term relationship is great I do hope you find a true partner through here or elsewhere good luck with everything you sound a very decent person

I think there are a significant number of people swinging and or on sites like fab in a similar position it's just finding them in amongst everyone else "

Thanks for the kind words and you are correct not much support out there really so Ive had to go through hell last few years to find myself again and by hook or by crook i climbed my way out of that place and found out strengths I never thought I even had in me and has definetly made me a stronger person but yeah I'm sure I'll find the good ones on here , I'm not in a rush and have plenty of patience and I do believe good people always find each other

"It's hard losing someone you have a connection with, no matter what the circumstances.

I think some of us live in unbridled hope of finding someone on here but at times it's like "looking for a Ruby in a mountain of rock "

Stay positive OP x"

I will and thank you

Agreed it's not easy but I try my best and I like to try and spread that positivity if I can

it's always nice to meet positive people "

Definitely and the more positive people there is then hopefully the more the positivity can spread

By *jorkishMan  over a year ago

Seaforth

Lost my wife to cancer in 2005 and you never get over it. Watching your children's pain is also heartbreaking. My youngest was only 7 and a half at the time. Some days are easier than others but the worst are anniversaries, xmas, her birthday, and family events like wedding and the birth of our grandchildren all the things she has missed.

"Lost my wife to cancer in 2005 and you never get over it. Watching your children's pain is also heartbreaking. My youngest was only 7 and a half at the time. Some days are easier than others but the worst are anniversaries, xmas, her birthday, and family events like wedding and the birth of our grandchildren all the things she has missed. "

Yeah I hear that , my son was 10 at the time and that's what keeps me positive and fighting on , sorry for your loss also

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

My wife and I are living through grief (hence the hidden profile) , at first the messages came, people meaning well, a few months down the line and it’s almost like some people now avoid us, even had instances where someone we know in a supermarket has pretended not to see us. I know this is because they just don’t know what to say, but a simple “sorry” would be fine, nothing more needs to be said, there’s nothing else can be said. It’s a tough road, we’ll never recover from the loss, the grief won’t shrink, hopefully we’ll grow around the grief, learn to accept it.

It’s hard to believe we can ever smile and have fun again, hopefully one day.

Sounds like you’ve coped with positivity OP, it’s good you’ve not let the grief ruin your life, well done a good luck in everything you do.

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

Sadly I lost my wife due to cancer last year. The Christmas just gone was the first time I can ever remember being on my own in 67 years . I have no relations near me . Next door neighbours came to see if I was ok and a female friend messaged and called several times Christmas day . Going out also for me I have to be careful. I do get asthma. I have found when wife passed away. Lots of calls etc to me seeing if ok. Now only 3 people have stayed in contact.

Seaforth

"Lost my wife to cancer in 2005 and you never get over it. Watching your children's pain is also heartbreaking. My youngest was only 7 and a half at the time. Some days are easier than others but the worst are anniversaries, xmas, her birthday, and family events like wedding and the birth of our grandchildren all the things she has missed.

Yeah I hear that , my son was 10 at the time and that's what keeps me positive and fighting on , sorry for your loss also "

It's difficult though isn't it seeing the pain in your child's eyes. You have to go on though regardless and endure it. Time soothes it but never truly eradicates it completely. Sorry for your loss also

Seaforth

"Sadly I lost my wife due to cancer last year. The Christmas just gone was the first time I can ever remember being on my own in 67 years . I have no relations near me . Next door neighbours came to see if I was ok and a female friend messaged and called several times Christmas day . Going out also for me I have to be careful. I do get asthma. I have found when wife passed away. Lots of calls etc to me seeing if ok. Now only 3 people have stayed in contact. "

Sorry for your loss. That unfortunately happens to a lot of widows and widowers, people fade away

"Sadly I lost my wife due to cancer last year. The Christmas just gone was the first time I can ever remember being on my own in 67 years . I have no relations near me . Next door neighbours came to see if I was ok and a female friend messaged and called several times Christmas day . Going out also for me I have to be careful. I do get asthma. I have found when wife passed away. Lots of calls etc to me seeing if ok. Now only 3 people have stayed in contact. "

I had no one .. it makes you have to sort yourself out fast ..

"My wife and I are living through grief (hence the hidden profile) , at first the messages came, people meaning well, a few months down the line and it’s almost like some people now avoid us, even had instances where someone we know in a supermarket has pretended not to see us. I know this is because they just don’t know what to say, but a simple “sorry” would be fine, nothing more needs to be said, there’s nothing else can be said. It’s a tough road, we’ll never recover from the loss, the grief won’t shrink, hopefully we’ll grow around the grief, learn to accept it.

It’s hard to believe we can ever smile and have fun again, hopefully one day.

Sounds like you’ve coped with positivity OP, it’s good you’ve not let the grief ruin your life, well done a good luck in everything you do."

I couldn't let the grief consume me , it did for a long time but as I said I had to climb out of that place before it took me forever and im never going back there , ever and breaking down every obstacle or wall that gets put it front of me from on

"Sadly I lost my wife due to cancer last year. The Christmas just gone was the first time I can ever remember being on my own in 67 years . I have no relations near me . Next door neighbours came to see if I was ok and a female friend messaged and called several times Christmas day . Going out also for me I have to be careful. I do get asthma. I have found when wife passed away. Lots of calls etc to me seeing if ok. Now only 3 people have stayed in contact.

I had no one .. it makes you have to sort yourself out fast .. "

You will be stronger for it and god bless you

"Lost my wife to cancer in 2005 and you never get over it. Watching your children's pain is also heartbreaking. My youngest was only 7 and a half at the time. Some days are easier than others but the worst are anniversaries, xmas, her birthday, and family events like wedding and the birth of our grandchildren all the things she has missed.

Yeah I hear that , my son was 10 at the time and that's what keeps me positive and fighting on , sorry for your loss also

It's difficult though isn't it seeing the pain in your child's eyes. You have to go on though regardless and endure it. Time soothes it but never truly eradicates it completely. Sorry for your loss also "

Yeah definitely extremely hard especially those times of year , but we have no choice to keep strong and keep as positive and we can be for them if not us always

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

"Sadly I lost my wife due to cancer last year. The Christmas just gone was the first time I can ever remember being on my own in 67 years . I have no relations near me . Next door neighbours came to see if I was ok and a female friend messaged and called several times Christmas day . Going out also for me I have to be careful. I do get asthma. I have found when wife passed away. Lots of calls etc to me seeing if ok. Now only 3 people have stayed in contact.

You will be stronger for it and god bless you"

I should have also put. My late wife was cremated. But her request was her ashes buried in family grave. Up to now still waiting for permission to transport her ashes to her home country. So funeral can take place and then closure ? So I can move on.

I should have also put. My late wife was cremated. But her request was her ashes buried in family grave. Up to now still waiting for permission to transport her ashes to her home country. So funeral can take place and then closure ? So I can move on. "

I hope you get to have some closure very soon and you will I'm sure , sending lots of positive vibes your way

Seaforth

I should have also put. My late wife was cremated. But her request was her ashes buried in family grave. Up to now still waiting for permission to transport her ashes to her home country. So funeral can take place and then closure ? So I can move on. "

Hopefully you'll be able to fulfill her wishes soon.

By *ILF 4 MILFMan  over a year ago

Darlington

"Losing someone as in your partner is a pain that I would not wish on anybody ever , but will certainly open your eyes to certain things you never did before , it will make you realise what really matters and what really doesn't and it 100% makes you appreciate everyday and every person that bit more for sure , I will not look at the world in any way other than positive from now on , sending positive vibes all round and always keep your heads up no matter what , have a great day people "

God bless you. Wishing you well.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

I’m sorry to hear of your loss op.

Good on you for your positivity, I know how hard it can be.

I lost my husband nearly 9 years ago, children were 2 and 5.

You definitely find out who your friends are during the most difficult times in your life.

My husband will always be thought of. His birthdays, children's birthdays, special milestones, parents evenings. Any time I’m proud of the kids I wish he could see it too, and wish the kids could see their dad beaming with pride

» Add a new message to this topic