FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Quitting Smoking

Quitting Smoking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ingerbeardman- OP   Man  over a year ago

Sutton-in-Ashfield

A few weeks ago, I decided to quit smoking. I bought a vape and honestly, it's gone so much better than I thought it would!

I've managed to cut down from 20+ a day to maybe 2 or 3 max. I do seem to be having trouble kicking those last ones though.

So, my question to anyone else who's managed to quit, what helped you beat your cravings?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *WStockingtopsCouple  over a year ago

bristol

Regarding vaping too many people say to me " Oh I tried and couldn't get on with it" or " hurts my throat".

People make a mistake of getting a vape with very low nicotine liquid so replacing the strength of cigarettes with that won't work.

Then you have people with sub ohm tanks and 18mg nicotine that would blow anyone's throat apart.

You have to get advise before just buying. If you're a 15+ a day smoker then 13-18mg nic should work.

Sutton-in-Ashfield

I spoke to a guy in the shop about it for like an hour, and he recommended starting on 20mg salts, and honestly, I think that's where I've gone wrong when I've tried it in the past.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"A few weeks ago, I decided to quit smoking. I bought a vape and honestly, it's gone so much better than I thought it would!

I've managed to cut down from 20+ a day to maybe 2 or 3 max. I do seem to be having trouble kicking those last ones though.

So, my question to anyone else who's managed to quit, what helped you beat your cravings?"

Well done

I gave up 30 a day 9 years ago..& turned to vaping..

I agree with what's been said about the strength of vapes.

Plus you also need will power,which you have by cutting down so much already.

When I got a craving I resisted & said in 5 mins & so on so never had the cigarette

Sutton-in-Ashfield

Thank you!

It's been so easy not to smoke as much, I'm so so surprised. Just got that last hurdle to jump!

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I quit using champix tabs and haven’t touched one since ( although I could easily if I don’t stop myself)

I quit then went back to it but I used to smoke Audrey Hepburns - the long skinny menthol ones that were banned from last May - hence me stopping

By *WStockingtopsCouple  over a year ago

bristol

"Thank you!

It's been so easy not to smoke as much, I'm so so surprised. Just got that last hurdle to jump!"

If you really fancy a fag then have it.

I didnt stop buying cigarettes but had one now and again. It got to the point where I ended up just having a vape and that did the trick. In time I stopped having a cigarette.

So if you have the odd three don't beat yourself up about it. You will find after a while you won't bother

"A few weeks ago, I decided to quit smoking. I bought a vape and honestly, it's gone so much better than I thought it would!

So, my question to anyone else who's managed to quit, what helped you beat your cravings?"

When I quit smoking vape didn’t exist…. I was in hospital though and morphine is wonderful…..

Lollipops helped me quit along with using small dose nicotine patches.

I used the patches for a week and carried on having a lollipop when I had the urge for a cig.

Been smoke free 10 years now

I tend to switch between mainly vaping and less smoking to more smoking less vaping, I can't manage to drop some, I did manage to stop years ago for 4 years using champex which I'm thinking of trying again.

Mrs

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We gave up 35 years ago. We stopped dead after listening to Alan Carr's tape and being humiliated by 60 year olds at the swimming pool as they zoomed past us.

I don't recall terrible cravings but I think I relied on polo mints quite a lot

Started with patches then after that I really wanted a fag so got nicotine lozenges 4mg first thing thats my morning fag as i say, then 2mg through the day when i feel like one..

They work a treat and haven’t screamed at anyone since using them lol

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

I used patches and sheer determination ...haven't had a ciggy in almost 20 years the second best thing I ever did

» Add a new message to this topic