world war three

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman  over a year ago

morecambe

Who thinks its coming?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Who thinks its coming?"

They’re advertising it on the news. Covid did not work to kill all the plebs so they’re going to send them to the front lone instead!

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman  over a year ago

morecambe

I think some one hight up wants world war to make lots of money but is no good if we all nucked

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"They’re advertising it on the News"

Only if Tom says so

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

It's very likely coming but it won't be the kind of war we think of when we think world war. Technology and the arms race have advanced beyond the bulk being on ground level.

"They’re advertising it on the News

Only if Tom says so "

Very true. It is not yet “all over the news”

Maybe soon all over the nucs

"Maybe soon all over the nucs "

Lets hope not nucs all over soon!

Who ya going to fk in the 4 min warning?

Good moning from the front lone.

Liverpool

"Maybe soon all over the nucs

Who ya going to fk in the 4 min warning? "

Worlds most extreme danger wank

Witnessing "end of times" as we know it. The world leaders prime goal and a way to get off is to be blood thirsty with goal being steal weapons, drugs, oil and to wipe the sheep out. WW3 is in motion for sure

By *eylandlad555Man  over a year ago

Leyland

"Witnessing "end of times" as we know it. The world leaders prime goal and a way to get off is to be blood thirsty with goal being steal weapons, drugs, oil and to wipe the sheep out. WW3 is in motion for sure"

Not really tbh.

Name a war that wasn’t about resources, territory or religion?

There will no doubt be escalating tensions here

But it won’t go full tilt as both sides scared of the impacts.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Witnessing "end of times" as we know it. The world leaders prime goal and a way to get off is to be blood thirsty with goal being steal weapons, drugs, oil and to wipe the sheep out. WW3 is in motion for sure"

And I thought a way to get off was to hump my husband's leg. I've been doing it wrong for all these years

Leyland

"Witnessing "end of times" as we know it. The world leaders prime goal and a way to get off is to be blood thirsty with goal being steal weapons, drugs, oil and to wipe the sheep out. WW3 is in motion for sure

And I thought a way to get off was to hump my husband's leg. I've been doing it wrong for all these years "

Your option much more pleasurable

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

It was always coming there is always a fool who convinces himself theybcN win a war and a bigger set of damn fools an entire country to.believe him or her

Theres a possibility itll be a major conflict but i doubt itll be so huge itll merit the title of "WW3"

The issue with this conflict is theres too much at stake for major powers to go all in on this, even for russia. So many major powers will likely want to stay out of it and use diplomacy over military action

Nukes will never be used, the cost of using them will be too great compared to the benefit. Theyre there simply as a deterrence to using them by either side

China will definitely be watching closely on this one though

"Theres a possibility itll be a major conflict but i doubt itll be so huge itll merit the title of "WW3"

The issue with this conflict is theres too much at stake for major powers to go all in on this, even for russia. So many major powers will likely want to stay out of it and use diplomacy over military action

Nukes will never be used, the cost of using them will be too great compared to the benefit. Theyre there simply as a deterrence to using them by either side

China will definitely be watching closely on this one though"

Nukes aside. If nobody to stop Putin taking Ukraine. And he’s talking tough to discourage that. Then what’t to stop him pushing on? He and the Russian nation as a whole will be emboldened. I can easily see this escalating to include a number of other satellites soon enough. They’ve been planning this for years.

Question is what will the West do other than tut tut on the sidelines. And what will China do if West steps up. China will probably take Taiwan.

Can you trust N.Korae not to have a pop under to cover of the fog of war.

Looks like the West will have to lump this one and hope it stops at Ukraine or risk a domino effect.

Either way. Shit just got very real as they day.

By *onathan14Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Maybe soon all over the nucs

Who ya going to fk in the 4 min warning? "

That pretty ass Jen

It's pretty much gone beyond words qnd kicked off now

One word he will try take more and more and Try and destroy everything in his path forgot about the Hu'man lives so sad but hope it don't come ture.

Run for the hills.

We’re all gonna die.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

War is good business for some and bad for others.

Problem is the one's in the know have probably already purchased share's in companies who stand to profit from war.

But as Putin is unofficially the world's richest man I doubt he will give two fucks about his countries wealth.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Easy so far for the Russians. The west needs a few key missile strikes and a huge cyber attack.

[Removed by poster at 24/02/22 19:23:30]

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Old style war is limited. Money is the main motivation these days, and if his cash supply gets cut off, he's toast.

Putin is just testing the West. As long as he only gets a sanction he'll keep on going. We'll only intervene when Russia invades a country with a commodity we need.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Wales

"Old style war is limited. Money is the main motivation these days, and if his cash supply gets cut off, he's toast."

He has billions put away for his war chest. Billions!

Talk about planning ahead

Don't forget Brandon and Boris have strong words to say about this as Taiwan is swallowed up

Remember a Famous man

Said when the east meets the west the world will end god help as then.

Dunfermline

"Old style war is limited. Money is the main motivation these days, and if his cash supply gets cut off, he's toast.

Talk about planning ahead "

Yeah, but the value of his currency is dropping like a stone. That's what did for Germany between the two world wars. It also had the effect of bringing on nazism. Whichever way you look at it, not good.

couple, us we him her.

Just waiting for news reports of people panic buying again

And I think it was like ten years ago we paid our debt back to America for the 2nd World War.

couple, us we him her.

"Old style war is limited. Money is the main motivation these days, and if his cash supply gets cut off, he's toast.

Yeah, but the value of his currency is dropping like a stone. That's what did for Germany between the two world wars. It also had the effect of bringing on nazism. Whichever way you look at it, not good."

I think he's smart enough to have spread his wealth through many currencies.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

[Removed by poster at 24/02/22 19:38:26]

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Has anyone been watching RT news, as unsurprisingly they are giving a different spin. A completely different spin.

[Removed by poster at 24/02/22 19:31:40]

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Putins translated message to the world

Whoever interferes with us with retaliation will be met with immediate action of the highest consequences seen in history.

Dunfermline

Yeah, but the value of his currency is dropping like a stone. That's what did for Germany between the two world wars. It also had the effect of bringing on nazism. Whichever way you look at it, not good.

I think he's smart enough to have spread his wealth through many currencies."

Possibly, but that's now frozen through sanctions, and for its size Russia is actually quite poor (relative).

couple, us we him her.

"Has anyone been watching RT news, as unsurprisingly they are giving a different spin. A completely different spin.

"

Go on???

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

It's been coming a long time. It's all going to happen when china takes Taiwan first then in the coming years after when materials start to dry up they will seize what they can.

"Has anyone been watching RT news, as unsurprisingly they are giving a different spin. A completely different spin.

"

I wonder what the odds on Russia Today putting a positive spin on Russia’s actions were.

Peterborough

"Putin is just testing the West. As long as he only gets a sanction he'll keep on going. We'll only intervene when Russia invades a country with a commodity we need.

Ukraine is the fifth largest wheat producer in the world.

We'll only intervene though when Putin invades a NATO country as Biden has just confirmed.

The sanctions are not immediate, they sanctions suck an economy dry - so if Russia does in the coming months decides to invade another NATO country it shouldn't be able to put up a fight for long (is my thinking).

"

Wheat is so important to Ukraine, their flag shows a blue sky and yellow fields.

Wheat is also used in bio fuels, so this is what the E in E5 and E10 stands for: ethanol.

So combined with this wheat prices may climb...pushing up pump prices for us poor drivers. Before EV drivers get smug, hybrids will be affected too.

If Germany has to look elsewhere for natural gas for heating and electricity generation, then this could put up the fuel prices here.

Covid couldn't infect a better person.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Wales

"Putins translated message to the world

Whoever interferes with us with retaliation will be met with immediate action of the highest consequences seen in history. "

Head Honcho of NATO was also pretty clear. Go past UKraine and cross into NATO borders and every single NATO Country will join together and retaliate with force.

And he emphasised that many times.

It’s a bit like a high powered game of chicken, but with countless lives on the line.

all those people for years saying we should get rid of trident in the uk ...maybe they will finally realise whats been protecting us for years ....

i feel for the people in ukraine its no joke and the others around ukraine are now realising they could be next i see mass misplacement of people (i hope we help rehome) but in the end russia will not win the world knows it cant ...

maybe now the time to look at china too and get the rest of the world alot less dependant the world can make russia and china poorer states so weapons and war cant be a option .... something tells me the russian people may turn on putin

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I feel the same. What is the qualification for it to be classed as a world war?

No one will stop him taking Ukraine, but there are a lot of Nato countries standing in this way next, and we all know an attack on a Nato nation is an attack on all members and the reason for being a member is that article. If just one rocket, bomb, bullet is fired in the way of Nato then we are in deed heading for the history book to be rewritten here and now.

I feel his is the end game for putin though and he knows it now, either he pushes on and we are all involved or he will be ousted by the west. Its a very very bleak outlook.

yumsville

"Putin is just testing the West. As long as he only gets a sanction he'll keep on going. We'll only intervene when Russia invades a country with a commodity we need.

Ukraine is the fifth largest wheat producer in the world.

We'll only intervene though when Putin invades a NATO country as Biden has just confirmed.

The sanctions are not immediate, they sanctions suck an economy dry - so if Russia does in the coming months decides to invade another NATO country it shouldn't be able to put up a fight for long (is my thinking).

Wheat is so important to Ukraine, their flag shows a blue sky and yellow fields.

Wheat is also used in bio fuels, so this is what the E in E5 and E10 stands for: ethanol.

So combined with this wheat prices may climb...pushing up pump prices for us poor drivers. Before EV drivers get smug, hybrids will be affected too.

If Germany has to look elsewhere for natural gas for heating and electricity generation, then this could put up the fuel prices here.

Covid couldn't infect a better person. "

Sorry I just deleted my post. I was about to correct it. It's the fifth largest in Europe, not the world. Also as high up in corn production.

Quite right the EU will have to look elsewhere fast.

By *uffolkClareClactonDaveCouple  over a year ago

Felixstowe/Clacton-on-Sea

"Old style war is limited. Money is the main motivation these days, and if his cash supply gets cut off, he's toast."

Well said that man!

To repeat what I said in the other thread, Russia's economy is 1/20th that of the USA and just over half that of ours.

Putin knows that economically he cannot compete with the major economies (Russia only ranks 11th in terms of GDP) and his billionaire mates with their investments in the west will be reminding him of that.

couple, us we him her.

Well said that man!

To repeat what I said in the other thread, Russia's economy is 1/20th that of the USA and just over half that of ours.

Putin knows that economically he cannot compete with the major economies (Russia only ranks 11th in terms of GDP) and his billionaire mates with their investments in the west will be reminding him of that.

"

Yeah but here's a guy who allowed a chemical attack on British soil in the streets of Salisbury.

I don't think he's running scared of Doris and his piffalling statements

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Well said that man!

Yeah but here's a guy who allowed a chemical attack on British soil in the streets of Salisbury.

I don't think he's running scared of Doris and his piffalling statements "

These empty statements and sanctions will not matter an ounce to him. He's a man of action and still believes in old outdated values such as his latest stunt. He has fully lost his way now and is head down a one way path. What lies at the end I don't think we want to know

By *atriciayoiditTV/TS  over a year ago

hatfield

"Who thinks its coming?"
definately...

I predicted this a long time ago and I tried to warn you all. If you don't believe me, ask ErectJim. It doesn't end well for any of us. I'm so sorry guys, the time is very near. So don't forget to hug those closest to you and wank until your cock/clit falls off if that makes you feel better.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

"I predicted this a long time ago and I tried to warn you all. If you don't believe me, ask ErectJim. It doesn't end well for any of us. I'm so sorry guys, the time is very near. So don't forget to hug those closest to you and wank until your cock/clit falls off if that makes you feel better."

Is this new NATO strategy?

My next life may be closer than i thought but if he threatens my old friend im becoming ukrainian i must protect no matter my sacrifice

"I predicted this a long time ago and I tried to warn you all. If you don't believe me, ask ErectJim. It doesn't end well for any of us. I'm so sorry guys, the time is very near. So don't forget to hug those closest to you and wank until your cock/clit falls off if that makes you feel better.

Is this new NATO strategy?"

No that's more about sticking your head up your own arse and hoping it all goes away.

Whoever interferes with us with retaliation will be met with immediate action of the highest consequences seen in history.

Head Honcho of NATO was also pretty clear. Go past UKraine and cross into NATO borders and every single NATO Country will join together and retaliate with force.

It’s a bit like a high powered game of chicken, but with countless lives on the line. "

I saw that but I remain unconvinced. Many European NATO countries are also EU countries who have consistently failed to meet their NATO GDP spending commitments. As to their resolve, when Covid V.1 hit Italy, how many of their fellow EU countries rushed to their aid?

I don’t think so.

Putin is not stupid, he knows NATO won’t defend Ukraine, so it’s an ‘easy win’ (if I can use that terminology). He’s said that if any country attacked Russia they would face the full force of their Military. I think he knows if he were to go further than Ukraine he’d face a similar thing.

Can everyone calm their knickers about ww3. It won’t happen

"I don’t think so.

Putin is not stupid, he knows NATO won’t defend Ukraine, so it’s an ‘easy win’ (if I can use that terminology). He’s said that if any country attacked Russia they would face the full force of their Military. I think he knows if he were to go further than Ukraine he’d face a similar thing. "

This! The west will arm the Ukraine and try and squeeze putin with sanctions but won’t get directly involved in a military sense

yumsville

It’s a bit like a high powered game of chicken, but with countless lives on the line.

I saw that but I remain unconvinced. Many European NATO countries are also EU countries who have consistently failed to meet their NATO GDP spending commitments. As to their resolve, when Covid V.1 hit Italy, how many of their fellow EU countries rushed to their aid?

"

No expert but NATO doesn't cover health, the UN does eg Ebola.. NATO might help with the logistics of things but sending the military in to cover a health pandemic would have been a disaster as v1 was killing everyone - there were no vaccines and little oxygen

Peterborough

If Russia in it's various guises, had invested in it's peoples from the Baltic to the Sea of Japan. Then maybe, just maybe it would have ranked much higher in the GDP stakes.

This quasi continent is too be to be wasted like this.

Look how the Sochi Olympics showed how it could be a tourist resort for us in the West.

"I don’t think so.

Putin is not stupid, he knows NATO won’t defend Ukraine, so it’s an ‘easy win’ (if I can use that terminology). He’s said that if any country attacked Russia they would face the full force of their Military. I think he knows if he were to go further than Ukraine he’d face a similar thing.

This! The west will arm the Ukraine and try and squeeze putin with sanctions but won’t get directly involved in a military sense "

I think this is going to rubble on the years. He will have his sights set on other countries Moldova is my bet as his next target.

Peterborough

This has been going on for over 2,000 days and it's Putin who is liberating the two republics.

Well, that's what he says!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Plenty of tension and tragedy ahead but this isn't no 3

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

We are all fucked soon enough so why not now and get it done and over with

"Plenty of tension and tragedy ahead but this isn't no 3"

I hope you are right. X

It's not a coincidence this has happened after the restrictions of Covid have all been lifted. I think it's all very suspicious. First, Brexit, second, Covid and now this with Russia invading Ukraine. What else is coming? It's a dark day for Europe x

"It's not a coincidence this has happened after the restrictions of Covid have all been lifted. I think it's all very suspicious. First, Brexit, second, Covid and now this with Russia invading Ukraine. What else is coming? It's a dark day for Europe x"

But the restrictions have only been lifted here and not the majority of Europe so that makes no sense whatsoever. It's nothing to do with restrictions being lifted and everything to do with countries have been preoccupied dealing with the covid virus and are economical weakened.

By *atriciayoiditTV/TS  over a year ago

hatfield

"Who thinks its coming?"
do these russian soldiers realise this will haunt them in later years....???

"It's not a coincidence this has happened after the restrictions of Covid have all been lifted. I think it's all very suspicious. First, Brexit, second, Covid and now this with Russia invading Ukraine. What else is coming? It's a dark day for Europe x

But the restrictions have only been lifted here and not the majority of Europe so that makes no sense whatsoever. It's nothing to do with restrictions being lifted and everything to do with countries have been preoccupied dealing with the covid virus and are economical weakened. "

I still think that this was coming though x

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Don't worry, Sharon on Facebook says it's not gonna happen so we are all safe.

Mind you she did say the same about Covid

Peterborough

This has been a long time coming, only now are we getting told anything about it.

Are there any Ukrainians on FAB?

By *hisisntpofMan  over a year ago

bristol

As putin said ,my names putin,when i put in i dont pull out

It will likely have a knock on effect on the UK x

Peterborough

"Don't worry, Sharon on Facebook says it's not gonna happen so we are all safe.

Mind you she did say the same about Covid "

and a YouTuber says "Send in the Karens" "I WANNA SPEAK WITH YOUR MANAGER!"

A Tik Tokker is saying how nice the Black Sea is for a winter break right now.

The IG brigade are doing selfies, with the Russian squaddies in their tanks.

Peterborough

"As putin said ,my names putin,when i put in i dont pull out "

"Where fools Russian?"

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

not sure it will end up being ww3 if it goes that way then it will all be over for humans anyway, but econimicly its going to hurt us all badly, thought energy was going to cost more,,, you aint seen nothing yet

No expert but NATO doesn't cover health, the UN does eg Ebola.. NATO might help with the logistics of things but sending the military in to cover a health pandemic would have been a disaster as v1 was killing everyone - there were no vaccines and little oxygen"

No shit! My point is that you have the same nations involved and Ukraine isn't even in the club.

"It's not a coincidence this has happened after the restrictions of Covid have all been lifted. I think it's all very suspicious. First, Brexit, second, Covid and now this with Russia invading Ukraine. What else is coming? It's a dark day for Europe x

But the restrictions have only been lifted here and not the majority of Europe so that makes no sense whatsoever. It's nothing to do with restrictions being lifted and everything to do with countries have been preoccupied dealing with the covid virus and are economical weakened.

I still think that this was coming though x"

Maybe but it has nothing to do with restrictions being lifted or brexit.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

The only saving grace is that the US is not interested in Ukraine; otherwise we would be heading for Armageddon.

"The only saving grace is that the US is not interested in Ukraine; otherwise we would be heading for Armageddon.

"

It's not about not being interested in Ukraine, Because if they weren't interested they wouldn't be putting in severe sanctions. It's about not wanting to physically getting envolved with boots on the ground.

Mind you she did say the same about Covid "

Fucking Sharon! Seriously, anyone fucking Sharon?

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

Mind you she did say the same about Covid

Fucking Sharon! Seriously, anyone fucking Sharon? "

If WW3 is fought with nuclear weapons, WW4 will be fought will sticks and stones

Maybe but it has nothing to do with restrictions being lifted or brexit. "

Covid, Brexit, Russia. There's a pattern emerging. There's definitely something going on that we're not being told about x

Leyland

Covid, Brexit, Russia. There's a pattern emerging. There's definitely something going on that we're not being told about x"

Which is? You are linking a few disparate items?

Covid, Brexit, Russia. There's a pattern emerging. There's definitely something going on that we're not being told about x

Which is? You are linking a few disparate items?"

If I knew that I would say but there's just been one thing after another over the last few years or so

Well said that man!

I don't think he's running scared of Doris and his piffalling statements "

He's not scared of anyone, but he's not stupid either. Poisoning people in Salisbury is one thing, but if Putin were to continue pushing westwards into other countries there would come a point where Western fingers would start to hover dangerously over red buttons.

Putin doesn't want a nuclear war any more than we do because he understands that nobody wins. So he'll push just far enough to be able to demonstrate to his countryman and the wider world that he's a leader to be reckoned with but without risking Armageddon.

If I knew that I would say but there's just been one thing after another over the last few years or so"

I really don't know where you're going with this but the 3 are pretty much unconnected. I suppose very tenuously you could say covid has had a part to play but simply because as I mentioned above economies around the world have been weakened and countries leaders have been distracted which has given Putin an in.

What could stop him is his own people because they are currently demonstrating in the streets which is very unlike the Russians.

Leyland

Well said that man!

He's not scared of anyone, but he's not stupid either. Poisoning people in Salisbury is one thing, but if Putin were to continue pushing westwards into other countries there would come a point where Western fingers would start to hover dangerously over red buttons.

Putin doesn't want a nuclear war any more than we do because he understands that nobody wins. So he'll push just far enough to be able to demonstrate to his countryman and the wider world that he's a leader to be reckoned with but without risking Armageddon."

Agree

Doesn’t help Ukrainians though unfortunately

Remember Hitler pushed the boundaries with annexing Austria and Czechoslovakia. We did nothing.

Don’t think same scenario here but look through the centuries and there are men who are despots

If I knew that I would say but there's just been one thing after another over the last few years or so

I really don't know where you're going with this but the 3 are pretty much unconnected. I suppose very tenuously you could say covid has had a part to play but simply because as I mentioned above economies around the world have been weakened and countries leaders have been distracted which has given Putin an in."

Ah but I never said they were connected. I'm simply pointing out that society has brought us difficult situations which could well be a distraction for other things to come x

I really don't know where you're going with this but the 3 are pretty much unconnected. I suppose very tenuously you could say covid has had a part to play but simply because as I mentioned above economies around the world have been weakened and countries leaders have been distracted which has given Putin an in.

Ah but I never said they were connected. I'm simply pointing out that society has brought us difficult situations which could well be a distraction for other things to come x"

But society didn't bring us covid. Also you mention there has been one thing after another in recent years but that's always been the case it's only that the 3 things you mention have directly impacting us here in the UK that we seem to pay attention.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"What could stop him is his own people because they are currently demonstrating in the streets which is very unlike the Russians. "

As explained on some media today, Russian people have a choice of where they source their news.

If in rural, countryside or remote areas they have to rely on State radio and TV. But in cities and major places of population, people have access to social media, foreign TV etc and are hearing what the rest of the world is saying and these people have more positive knowledge of what has occurred from what Russian propaganda has been spewed out by Putin.

Leyland

Ah but I never said they were connected. I'm simply pointing out that society has brought us difficult situations which could well be a distraction for other things to come x"

You did mention a pattern? This indicates a link.

Why not lump in adverse weather conditions we have had lately

Not a helpful comparison on non connected items

By *anticore and bruxaCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Well said that man!

Putin doesn't want a nuclear war any more than we do because he understands that nobody wins. So he'll push just far enough to be able to demonstrate to his countryman and the wider world that he's a leader to be reckoned with but without risking Armageddon.

Agree

Remember Hitler pushed the boundaries with annexing Austria and Czechoslovakia. We did nothing.

Don’t think same scenario here but look through the centuries and there are men who are despots"

Same thing happened in 1939 when Germany invaded Poland. Allies (England and France) failed to defend Poland and also did not declare war on the Soviet Union when the Red Army marched on Poland. I am affraid that Ukraine will be left alone and no military help will be provided by the western countries.

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

If you’re talking about the Allied betrayal of Poland to the Soviet Union at the end of WWII, don’t forget that they were working WITH Germany early in the war and also invaded Poland from the east in 1939.

Didn't take long for all the corban items to decide its some how the ups fault and start harassing the military pages again...

By *heLaserGuyMan  over a year ago

Coventry

There is no doubt Ukraine will fall. Its what happens after that will decide the fate of millions.

I honestly pray to God he stops at the Ukraine border

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"There is no doubt Ukraine will fall. Its what happens after that will decide the fate of millions.

I honestly pray to God he stops at the Ukraine border "

Me too. If he doesn’t then things will definitely get very worrying.

"Who thinks its coming?"

Definitely not, why would it

Ww3??? Bloody hell I've only just started to enjoy fab...ffs

Not unless he attacks a nato country

Liverpool

"Who thinks its coming?

Definitely not, why would it "

Because if his "ambition" extends past the borders of Ukraine in to a NATO country you pretty much have world wide retaliation from both sides. NATO members defending allies and any alliances Russia has/NATO ally enemies in defense of Russia.

He won't go on to a nato country next it's almost certainly likely to be somewhere like Moldova.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Who thinks its coming?"

This overview by Ross Atkins sums up clearly why the situation has escalated. It won't lead to a 3rd world war.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-60518078

couple, us we him her.

Isn't he trying to return Russia to the Soviet Union and retake the countries that where part of it?

Or am I wrong?

This is the equivalent of great Britain trying to regain the empire.

Liverpool

"Isn't he trying to return Russia to the Soviet Union and retake the countries that where part of it?

Or am I wrong?

This is the equivalent of great Britain trying to regain the empire."

It is part of it. He kind of also wants a "barrier" of allied countries between Russia and the rest of Europe.

There will be multiple reasons for his decision but Soviet Union being the majority of reason.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"Isn't he trying to return Russia to the Soviet Union and retake the countries that where part of it?

Or am I wrong?

This is the equivalent of great Britain trying to regain the empire."

Think less USSR and think more Peter the great

"Who thinks its coming?

This overview by Ross Atkins sums up clearly why the situation has escalated. It won't lead to a 3rd world war.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-60518078"

I love his summaries!

This is when I discovered him.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsD8hLJoBQk

Peterborough

No expert but NATO doesn't cover health, the UN does eg Ebola.. NATO might help with the logistics of things but sending the military in to cover a health pandemic would have been a disaster as v1 was killing everyone - there were no vaccines and little oxygen

No shit! My point is that you have the same nations involved and Ukraine isn't even in the club."

Like a painful divorce, the children are often in the crossfire.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Who thinks its coming?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-60518078

I love his summaries!

This is when I discovered him.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsD8hLJoBQk"

Could be.

But it won't last long once the nukes go up.

Personally I hope I get no warning and just go out in the bang and not experience any fallout.

"Theres a possibility itll be a major conflict but i doubt itll be so huge itll merit the title of "WW3"

China will definitely be watching closely on this one though

Nukes aside. If nobody to stop Putin taking Ukraine. And he’s talking tough to discourage that. Then what’t to stop him pushing on? He and the Russian nation as a whole will be emboldened. I can easily see this escalating to include a number of other satellites soon enough. They’ve been planning this for years.

Question is what will the West do other than tut tut on the sidelines. And what will China do if West steps up. China will probably take Taiwan.

Can you trust N.Korae not to have a pop under to cover of the fog of war.

Looks like the West will have to lump this one and hope it stops at Ukraine or risk a domino effect.

Either way. Shit just got very real as they day. "

Well putin does want to see a return of the soviet union but how much of it he wants back from the eastern bloc with the warsaw pact countires remains to be seen

Ive had this discussion with a buddy of mine, ex tanker for the US army and served in the middle east, now a military historian (well, amateur historian anyway), and we agree that what russia wants most is the crimean peninsula which is a major strategic position both tactically and for resources. Russia needs to secure that against the west SHOULD full scale war break out between both sides

Its true that the cold war didnt end when the berlin wall came down but with how the modern world has developed, its changed the nature of war and how major powers play against each other. I highly doubt we will see full scale war between russia and nato like we expected to see during the cold war a few decades ago. Plus russia is in absolutely no position to win it as a united nato offensive will be too strong for them to make any kind of ground. But with ukraine playing both sides, theyve allowed russia to make their move and try to take it

Well said that man!

Agree

Don’t think same scenario here but look through the centuries and there are men who are despots

Same thing happened in 1939 when Germany invaded Poland. Allies (England and France) failed to defend Poland and also did not declare war on the Soviet Union when the Red Army marched on Poland. I am affraid that Ukraine will be left alone and no military help will be provided by the western countries. "

Ah yes, but there was no NATO alliance back then. I think that would be the tipping point now and Putin knows it.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Let's hope not. Fear is they attack a small NATO country like boardering Lithuania, will we have the stomach to defend that? Article 5 says we have to, if we do Europe at the very least is going up.

And only one way to stop a nut job like that mad Russian who is trying to Bully the world as all Nations come together but don't think anyone will as he's got so much Bombs and so on and the Chinese rubbing their hands to help him god help as but I Pray to God after all we just been though lately and lose of life how meany more Poor children husbands wives friends and partners got to die for Greed of governments so sad

» Add a new message to this topic