FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Becoming single again

Becoming single again

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *not123 OP   Couple  over a year ago

sp1

So after 17 yrs in a relationship my partner walked away saying he has no.feelings for me . How did you find it to be single again after q long time with same person as its scary the hell out of me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *erfect Gentleman100Man  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Same happened to me was with the ex wife 23 years the unknown is scary but it does get better I promise , happy to chat if you need someone to chat with.

Stay strong.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Assume your real life partner and not your fab play partner ?

Sorry to hear that.

I split from my ex husband after nearly 25 years. It was hard but times a great healer.

I walked out!!

It was a case of the grass being greener.

It wasn’t to start with.

It was hard in the marriage and I’ve learnt to be happy within myself

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

That's awful to hear, but I would rather someone was upfront a told me they had no feelings, than live a lie. I hope you find happiness again one day with someone who loves and appreciates you.

sp1

Yes real partner, it's been unloving relationship for few years reason for p. But still hoped he would change and start caring again but instead just left to go to work and didn't want to come bk

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"Yes real partner, it's been unloving relationship for few years reason for p. But still hoped he would change and start caring again but instead just left to go to work and didn't want to come bk"

That was brutal

sp1

"That's awful to hear, but I would rather someone was upfront a told me they had no feelings, than live a lie. I hope you find happiness again one day with someone who loves and appreciates you."

I know just so hard to hear, thank you x

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"So after 17 yrs in a relationship my partner walked away saying he has no.feelings for me . How did you find it to be single again after q long time with same person as its scary the hell out of me"

Sending you kind thoughts.

sp1

"Same happened to me was with the ex wife 23 years the unknown is scary but it does get better I promise , happy to chat if you need someone to chat with.

Stay strong."

Thank you

By *eeling0880Man  over a year ago

Pennines

Sorry to hear that. Just concentrate on yourself do things that make you happy and occupy your mind. Take your time before getting involved with anyone else and enjoy your own company and also spend time with friends new and old but only positive ones. Love yourself before trying to love again

sp1

"Sorry to hear that. Just concentrate on yourself do things that make you happy and occupy your mind. Take your time before getting involved with anyone else and enjoy your own company and also spend time with friends new and old but only positive ones. Love yourself before trying to love again "

That will take time as I still don't know what I did so wrong . Kept trying so the point of exhaustion .

"So after 17 yrs in a relationship my partner walked away saying he has no.feelings for me . How did you find it to be single again after q long time with same person as its scary the hell out of me"

I'm sorry to hear this happened and you have my full sympathy for it. When it happened to me after 11 years together it was a sad couple of weeks but the sadness gets a bit more manageable as the days go by. It'll always be there but how you feel and move forward will change. Take it slowly and talk to friends and family whenever you can.

That’s really hard I’m sorry to hear that x

So sorry to hear that. I walked away from a 27 year relationship that I had stayed in way too long as we had kids. So slightly different, however being on my own terrified me which was also part of the reason I stayed.

However it takes time ,but you do find yourself, I had so many people say to me I was a completely different person after about six months as the pressure was no longer there. I suspect you've been living under pressure and although the way he has walked away is awful I think after a while you will realise this and perhaps feel happier within yourself. Xx

More fun being single

"More fun being single "

Agreed but it takes time

I divorced my husband 4 years ago after a 20yr marriage.

The first 18mths I spent entirely focusing on myself /children /home.

I have now fully embraced single life, and yes sometimes it can get a little lonely, but I have my friends, family, work, and a whole new world opened up to me.

It takes time, but you grow a lot as a person. Take time to find yourself, before anyone else and good luck OP.

sp1

"So sorry to hear that. I walked away from a 27 year relationship that I had stayed in way too long as we had kids. So slightly different, however being on my own terrified me which was also part of the reason I stayed.

However it takes time ,but you do find yourself, I had so many people say to me I was a completely different person after about six months as the pressure was no longer there. I suspect you've been living under pressure and although the way he has walked away is awful I think after a while you will realise this and perhaps feel happier within yourself. Xx"

It's all the stress of selling house looking for something else on top of feeling so hurt by him. But yes I will eventually get there.

sp1

"I divorced my husband 4 years ago after a 20yr marriage.

The first 18mths I spent entirely focusing on myself /children /home.

I have now fully embraced single life, and yes sometimes it can get a little lonely, but I have my friends, family, work, and a whole new world opened up to me.

It takes time, but you grow a lot as a person. Take time to find yourself, before anyone else and good luck OP. "

Thank you x

I split with my partner after 19 years together. And even though I didn't want to be with him anymore, it took a good year to just come to terms with it all. And I then had a year of counselling to figure out the damage he had done.

If you're blaming yourself, sounds as though you need lots of time to work through what happened and why. It takes two people to make a relationship work. Why're you laying all the blame for the end of this one at your own door? That's not fair.

Look at it like an adventure!

sp1

"More fun being single "

You are lucky you are still young and attractive xxx

"So sorry to hear that. I walked away from a 27 year relationship that I had stayed in way too long as we had kids. So slightly different, however being on my own terrified me which was also part of the reason I stayed.

However it takes time ,but you do find yourself, I had so many people say to me I was a completely different person after about six months as the pressure was no longer there. I suspect you've been living under pressure and although the way he has walked away is awful I think after a while you will realise this and perhaps feel happier within yourself. Xx

It's all the stress of selling house looking for something else on top of feeling so hurt by him. But yes I will eventually get there."

You will. I promise xx

sp1

"I split with my partner after 19 years together. And even though I didn't want to be with him anymore, it took a good year to just come to terms with it all. And I then had a year of counselling to figure out the damage he had done.

If you're blaming yourself, sounds as though you need lots of time to work through what happened and why. It takes two people to make a relationship work. Why're you laying all the blame for the end of this one at your own door? That's not fair."

I'd have rather have talked it through find out why he lost so much.interest in me and why walk and not talk

By *ovespudsMan  over a year ago

Swindon

Sorry to hear of your separation, however you've now been given the opportunity to start afresh and do things differently, but you have to help yourself.

My first wife left me while I was at work, came home to find the cupboards empty. We'd been together for ten years and married for seven of them. I spent the first week permanently pissed and smoking sixty a day, thankfully my good friends convinced me that I was better off without her. They were so right and after three years of "friendships", I got together with a single neighbour that I'd liked for several years.

After twenty seven years together I'm now single again after she'd lost her seven year battle with cancer, she passed away in 2018.

I picked myself up, bought a campervan and started going to dance classes on my own. I'm now getting romantically involved with a widow at the dance school and I couldn't be happier.

I'm in my mid sixties and if I can do it so can anyone, but you have to help yourself.

One life, live it.

Best wishes to you. x

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

Sorry to hear (been there got that t shirt), but take the possitives. More space in the wardrobe for your stuff. You control the remote. You can get up and goto bed when you want! It's hard, it gets easier with time, and make time for you.

"I split with my partner after 19 years together. And even though I didn't want to be with him anymore, it took a good year to just come to terms with it all. And I then had a year of counselling to figure out the damage he had done.

If you're blaming yourself, sounds as though you need lots of time to work through what happened and why. It takes two people to make a relationship work. Why're you laying all the blame for the end of this one at your own door? That's not fair.

I'd have rather have talked it through find out why he lost so much.interest in me and why walk and not talk"

That's on him. You might not ever get answers from him but you will find closure - it just takes time. You can only control what you do. I imagine you feel very hurt and upset just now - be gentle on yourself.

I've been single 2 years now after a very unhappy 14 year relationship, all I can tell you is it will hurt now nut you WILL come out stronger and happier and perhaps as in my case wish you hadn't hung around in an unhappy relationship for so long. Sending you hugs xx

sp1

"Sorry to hear of your separation, however you've now been given the opportunity to start afresh and do things differently, but you have to help yourself.

My first wife left me while I was at work, came home to find the cupboards empty. We'd been together for ten years and married for seven of them. I spent the first week permanently pissed and smoking sixty a day, thankfully my good friends convinced me that I was better off without her. They were so right and after three years of "friendships", I got together with a single neighbour that I'd liked for several years.

After twenty seven years together I'm now single again after she'd lost her seven year battle with cancer, she passed away in 2018.

I picked myself up, bought a campervan and started going to dance classes on my own. I'm now getting romantically involved with a widow at the dance school and I couldn't be happier.

I'm in my mid sixties and if I can do it so can anyone, but you have to help yourself.

One life, live it.

Best wishes to you. x"

Thank you. I hope so xx

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

I split with my 17 year partner a little before covid and lockdowns one. Furlough followed and the risk of redundancy. I'll be honest, it wasn't a good time.

Seeing as he left you you may have questions that you want answered but he may not have them or want to tell you. It's not easy on either party, it's a massive change

Cliché but it does get easier. Things will remind you of him, you will have good days and bad days too

Take your time. Do things for you.

sp1

"So after 17 yrs in a relationship my partner walked away saying he has no.feelings for me . How did you find it to be single again after q long time with same person as its scary the hell out of me

Sorry to hear (been there got that t shirt), but take the possitives. More space in the wardrobe for your stuff. You control the remote. You can get up and goto bed when you want! It's hard, it gets easier with time, and make time for you."

Thank you just feels even lonelier now. Think it will be better when I downsize property won't feel.so big n empty

sp1

"I split with my 17 year partner a little before covid and lockdowns one. Furlough followed and the risk of redundancy. I'll be honest, it wasn't a good time.

Seeing as he left you you may have questions that you want answered but he may not have them or want to tell you. It's not easy on either party, it's a massive change

Cliché but it does get easier. Things will remind you of him, you will have good days and bad days too

Take your time. Do things for you. "

Yes I've seen him twice since he left one in van driving slowly passed me and then the other day.out side my neighbours looking at some work for him where he looked then.totally blanked me

So sorry to hear this and it definitely sucks the way he’s behaved! As others have said, you need to take the time out now for you!

I ended my 20+ year relationship just before lockdown and despite it being my decision it’s still a journey and took time for me to rebuild my own life again. But time does help and for me it was the best decision I ever made, I’m happier now than I’ve been in many many years. I hope you find the closure you need to be able to move forward quickly. Always happy to chat if you need an ear!

sp1

I'd have rather have talked it through find out why he lost so much.interest in me and why walk and not talk

That's on him. You might not ever get answers from him but you will find closure - it just takes time. You can only control what you do. I imagine you feel very hurt and upset just now - be gentle on yourself. "

Yes very hurt . I've supported him through loads and dealt with issues with him .

sp1

"So after 17 yrs in a relationship my partner walked away saying he has no.feelings for me . How did you find it to be single again after q long time with same person as its scary the hell out of me

So sorry to hear this and it definitely sucks the way he’s behaved! As others have said, you need to take the time out now for you!

I ended my 20+ year relationship just before lockdown and despite it being my decision it’s still a journey and took time for me to rebuild my own life again. But time does help and for me it was the best decision I ever made, I’m happier now than I’ve been in many many years. I hope you find the closure you need to be able to move forward quickly. Always happy to chat if you need an ear! "

Thank you xx

By *ornyharry39Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

Enjoy yourself get out a bit and may find the man of your dreams x

This kind of change is very scary but at the same time an opportunity to focus on you and think about what you want going forward. My ex walked out on me 8 years ago with no explanation. Basically took his things and left, never to be seen again. We were together for 12 years and married for 3. Can honestly say I wasn’t sad the relationship was over, but it took me many years to get over the way he just walked away and didn’t look back. I found it hard to get closure for a while but was happier without him in my life. It gave me time to think about what I want in a partner and what kind of behaviour I just won’t tolerate going forward. I was always independent but being single gave me that opportunity to really think about what I want in life, including who I include in it. The loneliness can be hard but important to talk about how you’re feeling with those closest to you. Hope you feel brighter soon. It really does get better

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

I'd have rather have talked it through find out why he lost so much.interest in me and why walk and not talk"

Bit of a blunt question and none of my business... Did he know about your life on here with your friend?

[Removed by poster at 24/02/22 15:33:28]

sp1

This kind of change is very scary but at the same time an opportunity to focus on you and think about what you want going forward. My ex walked out on me 8 years ago with no explanation. Basically took his things and left, never to be seen again. We were together for 12 years and married for 3. Can honestly say I wasn’t sad the relationship was over, but it took me many years to get over the way he just walked away and didn’t look back. I found it hard to get closure for a while but was happier without him in my life. It gave me time to think about what I want in a partner and what kind of behaviour I just won’t tolerate going forward. I was always independent but being single gave me that opportunity to really think about what I want in life, including who I include in it. The loneliness can be hard but important to talk about how you’re feeling with those closest to you. Hope you feel brighter soon. It really does get better "

friends and family are not the best to talk to they are fuming now if I told them how lonely I feel.thqt will make them worse. With them I'm showing I don't care to.just to keep the peace . Lol

sp1

"[Removed by poster at 24/02/22 15:33:28]"

Wow.i thought 17 yrs was hard enough sorry to hear that

This kind of change is very scary but at the same time an opportunity to focus on you and think about what you want going forward. My ex walked out on me 8 years ago with no explanation. Basically took his things and left, never to be seen again. We were together for 12 years and married for 3. Can honestly say I wasn’t sad the relationship was over, but it took me many years to get over the way he just walked away and didn’t look back. I found it hard to get closure for a while but was happier without him in my life. It gave me time to think about what I want in a partner and what kind of behaviour I just won’t tolerate going forward. I was always independent but being single gave me that opportunity to really think about what I want in life, including who I include in it. The loneliness can be hard but important to talk about how you’re feeling with those closest to you. Hope you feel brighter soon. It really does get better friends and family are not the best to talk to they are fuming now if I told them how lonely I feel.thqt will make them worse. With them I'm showing I don't care to.just to keep the peace . Lol "

I get that, my dad worries about me too much as it is but having someone can really help. I did counselling too and it made a huge difference.

sp1

Bit of a blunt question and none of my business... Did he know about your life on here with your friend? "

No.he didn't. There really hasn't been q

Alot going on here with.us shows with our verification we are actually more friends meeting.for.coffee helping each other talk about our relationships than using fab.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

I’d say don’t rush into something new just for the sake of not being alone.

Take time to lick your wounds, regroup and reflect on what you want.

And go out and have some fun.

By *hatterbox 2Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

but your on fab with someone else or is that me been wrong

By *hristopherd999Man  over a year ago

Brentwood

So are you!

By *anilla switchWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

My thoughts go out to those in pain, I hope with every passing day life gets a little easier for you.

Am also no stranger to loss of a relationship and the grief of missing that person.

Hopefully you manage to find something to smile about everyday. I have an app on my phone called ‘One second everyday’. (1SE) A free app that allows you to take a picture/video everyday over the whole year. The video diary allows you to make a meaningful movie of your life and the things that make you smile. It can have a positive impact on your whole day, as it can help you to see things differently.

At the end of the year it helps to see what you have achieved.

X

I left my husband after 25 years, it was a difficult decision but I had lost my identity and needed to find myself. It has been a hard journey but a welcome one. I've learnt so much about myself, things happen for a reason and your path has taken a new direction, embrace it.

By *anicmatchMan  over a year ago

Stafford

I was married/relationship for nearly 30 years she was a very controlling woman and I never really had a life so after some time I realised I hadn't loved her for some time so I got out. I think of all the bad times with her witch was plenty full and that helps me a lot. It does take time but things do get better. I also say to myself (it doesn't matter) and that helps as well. Stay strong and look after yourself. There are some lovely people out there that will help you so don't think you are alone.

Terra Firma

Bit of a blunt question and none of my business... Did he know about your life on here with your friend?

Alot going on here with.us shows with our verification we are actually more friends meeting.for.coffee helping each other talk about our relationships than using fab. "

Do you think he could have picked up on this, or was his lack of interest in your relationship already a thing before you met your friend?

Either way whatever his motivation or lack of you have a new life to look forward to. Chin up, it can feel empty and frightening but if you can envisage a bright future it will more than likely happen as you grab new opportunities.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

My husband died and I’ve been single ever since.

I’ll never get used to it. I don’t want to be single.

My heart is broken beyond repair and the word lonely just doesn’t cut it anymore

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's an uphill battle sometimes. But it's been worth it for me, to be able to focus on myself and what I need.

Terra Firma

"My husband died and I’ve been single ever since.

My heart is broken beyond repair and the word lonely just doesn’t cut it anymore "

This is so sad...

Alot going on here with.us shows with our verification we are actually more friends meeting.for.coffee helping each other talk about our relationships than using fab. "

But you're still on a swinging site with a couple profile. Friends or otherwise. Maybe he found out.

It may seem shit now but it sounds like it will be for the best in the long run. Look for a lovely new house and make plans for the future.

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

Its hard. You had a frame of reference for life and now it has changed.

It takes a while but eventually each day gets easier.

Then you have some fun and realise you don't feel as sad.

Then, one day, you wonder what the bloody hell you were doing with them anyway.

But each journey starts with the first step. You need to take to begin that journey away from now to then.

My heart is broken beyond repair and the word lonely just doesn’t cut it anymore "

Oh, lovely You deserve to find love again

By *atriciayoiditTV/TS  over a year ago

hatfield

you are allowed to be scared..

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

Theres a whole raft of emotions one of relief one of sadness one of loneliness that all go through your mind

Ultimately though for myself it has been one of the most liberating feelings going from being generally unhappy to ending up with a smile on my face ...most days at least

By *aturefun63Man  over a year ago

Belper

Separated after 19 years of marriage, wife left me,look on it as new chapter in my life, but can be lonely sometimes,do miss my sons ,but luckily they do visit and stay with me

By *ltrMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Sperated after 26 years of marriage I found it really hard she walked away with our fb .left me to tell kids and grand kids she was going

But after 3 years of been heart broken ?? I have found myself happy and alive living for each day with the family she's alone in a flat

Over in Immingham the kids don't want to know her I feel like a winner

By *parrow77Man  over a year ago

cheshire

Hoy lovely I had same last June partner 8 yrs just walked out saying just didn’t want be with me not reason or anything just left.

It’s crazy being single again I feel so isolated and lonely still. I rejoined fab since I still feel same but now more sexually frustrating as can’t get or had meets lol

Am sorry he left if like chat msg me main bit is take time to move on and heal

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Tough one. Feel your pain. Been single again for 7 years after being together for 17 years. You'll lose weight and probably go grey (maybe just me). Self care is important. Don't jump into a new relationship as it'll end badly, as you'll crave companionship. Stay calm. It will be OK, even though you'll feel like shit.

By *rispyDuckMan  over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

Split of with GF of 6yrs about 1yr & half now. The spark was just gone & felt like living with a housemate with mood swings

When decided 'enough' & we split I've done great since.

I think took too long cause didn't wanna hurt her feelings, but had to let her go both our own good. Change can be scary, but it's better than being trapped in a dead relationships that leads to resentment

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Would be hard to contemplate being alone after 49 years. You are here and have a Fwb so I guess you knew things could go belly up . At least you have someone and are of an age where you still could get out and meet people.

As long as you can manage bills and don’t lose your home I guess it opens many doors for you in the future . Spring is coming clubs and socials are happening get out and have some fun .

I've been single now for almost 3 years. The first time in my adult life.

Its been scary, an eye opener, fun, interesting, hard, but mostly really empowering to me personally, yes sometimes I am lonely, I'd love a hug from someone who cares when I've had a shitty work day, or kids have upset me. But there isn't anyone , so that's OK.

I love that I don't have to pretend that things are ok, I love that any decision is mine , my bed is my bed, and most of all, I love that I can do it, I can keep myself, my kids, my dogs happy for the most part.

Its far from perfect, and things crop up, but on the whole I feel a whole new level of calm I never have before.

I wouldn't choose to be single forever , I have too much love to give and I would like to be someone's someone one day. But for now, I'm pretty damned happy.

Yes, it may be scary and frightening , but embrace it, and be happy x

Dunfermline

"I've been single now for almost 3 years. The first time in my adult life.

Its been scary, an eye opener, fun, interesting, hard, but mostly really empowering to me personally, yes sometimes I am lonely, I'd love a hug from someone who cares when I've had a shitty work day, or kids have upset me. But there isn't anyone , so that's OK.

I love that I don't have to pretend that things are ok, I love that any decision is mine , my bed is my bed, and most of all, I love that I can do it, I can keep myself, my kids, my dogs happy for the most part.

Its far from perfect, and things crop up, but on the whole I feel a whole new level of calm I never have before.

I wouldn't choose to be single forever , I have too much love to give and I would like to be someone's someone one day. But for now, I'm pretty damned happy.

Yes, it may be scary and frightening , but embrace it, and be happy x"

Got to say, I didn't feel empowered for the first two years, just miserable and sad, filled with a longing for her to return. But she'd decided to want to pretend to be a teenager again, although that ended badly for her.

sp1

"Tough one. Feel your pain. Been single again for 7 years after being together for 17 years. You'll lose weight and probably go grey (maybe just me). Self care is important. Don't jump into a new relationship as it'll end badly, as you'll crave companionship. Stay calm. It will be OK, even though you'll feel like shit. "
Yes only plus is I don't have much appetite so my not be such a fatty soon

Dunfermline

"Tough one. Feel your pain. Been single again for 7 years after being together for 17 years. You'll lose weight and probably go grey (maybe just me). Self care is important. Don't jump into a new relationship as it'll end badly, as you'll crave companionship. Stay calm. It will be OK, even though you'll feel like shit. Yes only plus is I don't have much appetite so my not be such a fatty soon"

I lost 4 stone in two weeks. That's where self care comes in. Walk, go to the gym, anything to keep your mind clear on the terrifying path. I'm sure you're not fat at all x

By *BWandhusbandCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Best thing that ever happened to me. Obviously I didn't feel that way at the time but I'm now with someone who is more on my wavelength, treats me well and loves me just the way I am.

Katie.

This

This for me too. I am a full year out of a 22 yr relationship and can relate to all this. X

I got divorced after 38 years! It was hard initially but I'm having the time of my life now! I often go away with friends. It hurts like he'll to begin with

I’ve been on both sides, I left my wife of 21 years, although I felt the guilt (it was the right thing to do) I’m much happier now. 2 1/2 years ago I got dumped by my GF of 3 years. Hurt then desperately, still does, but not so much.

Time helps.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

I think most people go through phases , being single for me was fantastic , I was definitely “polysaturated’ for a while but now really value being in full control of my schedule and future, still with the odd adventure here, and there, but keeping people at a safe distance.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

My heart is broken beyond repair and the word lonely just doesn’t cut it anymore

Oh, lovely You deserve to find love again "

Thanks lovely.

It’s nearly 9 years on my own and any hope I had has gone. It hurts too much to hope

Dunfermline

Thanks lovely.

It’s nearly 9 years on my own and any hope I had has gone. It hurts too much to hope "

Hope for us all. As the years go by though you think 'that's it'. Let's hope not x

By *rispyDuckMan  over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

Thanks lovely.

It’s nearly 9 years on my own and any hope I had has gone. It hurts too much to hope "

Rooting for you to find love 1 day, your story touch me x

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

Sorry to hear that. I was married for 11 years and after our marriage broke down, it was still one of the hardest things I went through and the most scariest. It's the unknowing uncertainty that we are afraid of but as been said in here before, time will heal wounds and when you're ready, to move forward with your new chapter in life

By *hisisntpofMan  over a year ago

bristol

It takes alot of getting used to ,but once you get your feelings out the way and get your head into being single ,you will ask yourself why didnt this happen years ago,sitting in a wrong relationship isnt good ,we just get used to that life ,the world is now your oyster ,trust me ,give it time,it may not seem like it yet,but you wont look back x

It'll take some time, Y. Good luck.

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

Don't be scared you can do it with out him...just so raw for you at the moment...he's not worth your pain just tell your self this...and when you feel loads better you'll laugh and wonder how you felt the way you did at first. Big hugs OP..You'll be just fine.

Sorry to hear it is a daunting thing being single after a long relationship but you will find your own way.

I was married for 23 years & together for 25 years & my ex wife said boxing day I want to split up I don't love you anymore. I was distraught but got over it in time

By *uffolkClareClactonDaveCouple  over a year ago

Felixstowe/Clacton-on-Sea

Male half speaking here.

I split up with my ex after an 18 year monogamous relationship in November 2019. After going through the grieving process I decided to get back to being involved in swinging.

Unfortunately Covid had arrived so I had to be patient. I had my first meet on the 8th of May last year. That lady is now my swinging partner and we have lots of great swinging friends and playmates.

Being single again was scary and it took me a while to adjust. But I'm now happier than I've been in years and I love my new found independence.

Sometimes I still think of my ex but I tend to remember the years when we were happy together. Sadly, we grew apart but good memories remain and always will.

But things change. People change. Sometimes partners go in different directions and then it's time to let go. That's what we did.

You'll be ok. Give yourself time to process what you've been through and to begin to adapt to your new reality.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat.

Dave x

"Sorry to hear that. Just concentrate on yourself do things that make you happy and occupy your mind. Take your time before getting involved with anyone else and enjoy your own company and also spend time with friends new and old but only positive ones. Love yourself before trying to love again

That will take time as I still don't know what I did so wrong . Kept trying so the point of exhaustion . "

Really sorry to hear you have been going through this..he could have at least had the balls to have an honest conversation with you. Being left in limbo with no answers to your questions is hell..big hugs.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Ensure that you add in good support for yourself, even if you're not sure what you need, some of the time.

I struggled after mine finished, partly to become me, as a single person, not half of a couple. Find people to hang out with, minus any pressure, others who you can pour your heart out to if you need to and others to potentially let your hair down with etc.

Take things slowly and without pressure

It was awful. 20 yr marriage gone in a flash. Still single.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

OP at least you have your swinging partner to talk to about all this and the man you met in January wants to meet you again.

"OP at least you have your swinging partner to talk to about all this and the man you met in January wants to meet you again. "

She's been fucking around for years. Plenty of men will meet her/ them.

Hi OP, I lost y wife to cancer 4 years ago in a very short period after 30 years. It was completely unexpected and I was lonely but not wanting any relationship for a while. I found this site and got chatting on forums and chat and that opened things up to talking without any physical contact - it made a huge difference and whilst there are obviously still many memories I've moved on. I'm sure you will experience similar things but remember talking does help - even online where sometimes you can be more open

By *hristopherd999Man  over a year ago

Brentwood

I know exactly how you feel, my wife died several years ago, life has never been the same since

My ex left me for her boss after 11 years

[Removed by poster at 25/02/22 11:47:09]

By *hatMinxOverThereWoman  over a year ago

42 Wallaby Way

To be fair looks like you moved on already with a swinging profile.

I was married to my wife for 10years. Always throw money at the situation and never communicate!!

Now I'm single first year has been hard but now this life is for me now.... never falling in love again!!

I miss the sex and going out with my ex Fwb. It was all perfect but she wanted a relationship. My parents found out that she was 15years older and things got bad x

"I was married to my wife for 10years. Always throw money at the situation and never communicate!!

Now I'm single first year has been hard but now this life is for me now.... never falling in love again!! "

When you unexpect it another lady will most probably bump into you. You will fall in love again x

sp1

"I was married to my wife for 10years. Always throw money at the situation and never communicate!!

Now I'm single first year has been hard but now this life is for me now.... never falling in love again!! "

Know that feeling .not putting my heart the line again

Oh darling. I get it!

I left my fiancé of 13 years about a year and a half ago, and I’m still not ready to properly “date”.

Learn to be happy on your own for a while. You need to find out who you are as a single human. It’s hard and it takes time, but it does get better!

I’m absolutely in this boat too. Single for pretty well the first time in my adult life. It’s both scary and exciting but I have high hopes for the future and trying to look forward not back. If I can make things work with someone more on my wavelength sexually I’ll be very happy…

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

so sorry to hear that happened to you and all the others here

I can't say it's happened to me

although I was widowed after 40 years with the same man, so the sense of "what the heck do I do now?" has hit me.

My advice is to be uber-kind to yourself... rest properly, eat properly, drink fluids properly (pref not vast amounts of booze tho) take lush baths or showers, moisturize your skin with good quality products,

go to the places your fancy takes you, find what makes you smile, good music? fab films, funny comedy...

indulge indulge indulge, pamper pamper pamper... whatever it takes to love yourself better.

I went for counselling too.

Turns out I was looking to somebody else to provide me with my happy, and I should have looked to myself for that. Once I realized it, things changed for me.

I learned how to choose to feel happy not miserable every morning.

I literally squeeze the joy out of every day now.

Might not feel like it now, but taking your life back into your own hands can become a very liberating time of it when a long term relationship ends.

New horizons Go grab life with both hands. You got this!!!

That is a shame and sorry to hear it however he is obviously doing what he feels is right for him afterall...Especially if he found out about your swinging life....

Give yourself time and accept his decisions.

"so sorry to hear that happened to you and all the others here

I can't say it's happened to me

although I was widowed after 40 years with the same man, so the sense of "what the heck do I do now?" has hit me.

My advice is to be uber-kind to yourself... rest properly, eat properly, drink fluids properly (pref not vast amounts of booze tho) take lush baths or showers, moisturize your skin with good quality products,

go to the places your fancy takes you, find what makes you smile, good music? fab films, funny comedy...

indulge indulge indulge, pamper pamper pamper... whatever it takes to love yourself better.

I went for counselling too.

***Turns out I was looking to somebody else to provide me with my happy, and I should have looked to myself for that. Once I realized it, things changed for me.***

I learned how to choose to feel happy not miserable every morning.

I literally squeeze the joy out of every day now.

Might not feel like it now, but taking your life back into your own hands can become a very liberating time of it when a long term relationship ends.

New horizons Go grab life with both hands. You got this!!!"

*** Love this!

Terra Firma

"OP at least you have your swinging partner to talk to about all this and the man you met in January wants to meet you again.

She's been fucking around for years. Plenty of men will meet her/ them. "

These acute observations have flown under radar. I wonder if it was a ... Nah I wont go there

sp1

"Sorry to hear that. Just concentrate on yourself do things that make you happy and occupy your mind. Take your time before getting involved with anyone else and enjoy your own company and also spend time with friends new and old but only positive ones. Love yourself before trying to love again

That will take time as I still don't know what I did so wrong . Kept trying so the point of exhaustion .

Really sorry to hear you have been going through this..he could have at least had the balls to have an honest conversation with you. Being left in limbo with no answers to your questions is hell..big hugs."

That's just it so many qeastions I've messaged him sent him emails about things but never any replies.ive asked to meet in a pub to talk and find out what went wrong over the past yrs , he never touched me for 6 yrs not kissed me in 3 and felt so lonely yet I've stayed just on the hope he would turn himself around.. not just go to work n not come home. He won't face Me he asks me to leave his things in the garage to pick up

By *hatMinxOverThereWoman  over a year ago

42 Wallaby Way

"OP at least you have your swinging partner to talk to about all this and the man you met in January wants to meet you again.

She's been fucking around for years. Plenty of men will meet her/ them.

These acute observations have flown under radar. I wonder if it was a ... Nah I wont go there "

My thoughts exactly. I don’t believe him ‘leaving out of the blue’ is fully true. (Ooh im a poet)

sp1

[Removed by poster at 25/02/22 14:28:58]

I'm glad he left you op. You haven't exactly been a good wife what do you expect.

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

"I'm glad he left you op. You haven't exactly been a good wife what do you expect. "

That's the spirit...plenty of good vibes and nice comments

My partner of 25 years passed away ... that’s how I’m single ...

I love been single, top tip save people's phone numbers with there name and where there from much easier to remember who your talking to when you get the 2am booty call

By *hort Stop 1969Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere in East Lothian

"My partner of 25 years passed away ... that’s how I’m single ... "

Wow - sorry to hear that. Huge ((((hugs)))) . BTW love your current status!

"I love been single, top tip save people's phone numbers with there name and where there from much easier to remember who your talking to when you get the 2am booty call "

Hah!Ive done this along with their Fab username too....

Lush legs x

"I'm glad he left you op. You haven't exactly been a good wife what do you expect. "

Wow - first class ass hole alert! (I see the charm school tuition paid off!)

"My partner of 25 years passed away ... that’s how I’m single ...

Wow - sorry to hear that. Huge ((((hugs)))) . BTW love your current status! "

"I love been single, top tip save people's phone numbers with there name and where there from much easier to remember who your talking to when you get the 2am booty call

Hah!Ive done this along with their Fab username too.... "

it's the only way got to organise the hookups lol.

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

"I'm glad he left you op. You haven't exactly been a good wife what do you expect.

Wow - first class ass hole alert! (I see the charm school tuition paid off!) "

How can you possibly know the truth of what happens between two people? You know nothing.

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

[Removed by poster at 26/02/22 11:35:00]

Bognor Regis

"

So after 17 yrs in a relationship my partner walked away saying he has no.feelings for me . How did you find it to be single again after q long time with same person as its scary the hell out of me"

So, you've had a secret couples account with another man for over a year, and you mentioned that when you saw your ex, he blanked you?

I don't know how to put this without sounding like a bitch, but I don't really understand why you are looking for sympathy. And before anyone has a pop at me, I did the same- hubby was unfaithful throughout our 29 year marriage so I joined Fab- he found out & started divorce proceedings, trashing me to everyone we knew without disclosing his own transgressions, even to our 17 year old child.

I'll tell you what I did- I owned it.

I didn't cry, complain or look for sympathy, because despite his actions, I didn't deserve it!!

The reason my husband got suspicious, was because my demeanour changed. I suspect yours also felt a shift in the relationship.

You just have to own this- you aren't blameless & yes, it's a shock & starting over is tough but you will do it.

You have to take a share in this breakup because however you believed you felt about him, your feelings & loyalties were divided.

I hope you take this in the way it’s meant- good luck to you.

Bognor Regis

That should have read my 20 year marriage, not 29!

"I'm glad he left you op. You haven't exactly been a good wife what do you expect.

How can you possibly know the truth of what happens between two people? You know nothing. "

Exactly that, nobody knows except them. However it isn't him posting from an established couples account, other half of whom is not a partner.

A man would be roasted. As ever. Of course it's always a Mans fault

Bognor Regis

How can you possibly know the truth of what happens between two people? You know nothing.

Exactly that, nobody knows except them. However it isn't him posting from an established couples account, other half of whom is not a partner.

"

Exactly this!!

"

So after 17 yrs in a relationship my partner walked away saying he has no.feelings for me . How did you find it to be single again after q long time with same person as its scary the hell out of me

So, you've had a secret couples account with another man for over a year, and you mentioned that when you saw your ex, he blanked you?

I don't know how to put this without sounding like a bitch, but I don't really understand why you are looking for sympathy. And before anyone has a pop at me, I did the same- hubby was unfaithful throughout our 29 year marriage so I joined Fab- he found out & started divorce proceedings, trashing me to everyone we knew without disclosing his own transgressions, even to our 17 year old child.

I'll tell you what I did- I owned it.

I didn't cry, complain or look for sympathy, because despite his actions, I didn't deserve it!!

The reason my husband got suspicious, was because my demeanour changed. I suspect yours also felt a shift in the relationship.

You just have to own this- you aren't blameless & yes, it's a shock & starting over is tough but you will do it.

You have to take a share in this breakup because however you believed you felt about him, your feelings & loyalties were divided.

I hope you take this in the way it’s meant- good luck to you.

"

"

I'm not sure that's what's been the intent of all the comments - to blame the man? I empathised with starting afresh after a long relationship and I've seen others do the same.

Bognor Regis

I'm not sure that's what's been the intent of all the comments - to blame the man? I empathised with starting afresh after a long relationship and I've seen others do the same. "

I don't think anyone's blamed him-it looks like people naturally had a sympathetic response until a few more details were divulged..the point was made that if a man had posted this, he would have been instantly crucified, given the circumstances!!!

sp1

[Removed by poster at 27/02/22 00:25:15]

It's better to be lonely and single rather than being lonely in a relationship...

We're all condishined to think that being in a relationship is the normal thing to do. Society and all that

Terra Firma

I haven't been a good partner .oh ok so staying with him after he had an affair because I loved him, him being £30000 in debt but staying with him , not touching me for 6 yrs not even a kiss . And I've met 4 people off here with p in 4 years n other times with p is meeting for cups of coffee or a lunch . Yes I wanted to be touched n wanted but I also loved my partner n I stayed hoping he.would change n start wanting me . You can ask the ones I chat with on here alot of the time I'm on here purely for chats . "

You began this with the following: "So after 17 yrs in a relationship my partner walked away saying he has no.feelings for me . How did you find it to be single again after q long time with same person as its scary the hell out of me".

You have a swinging partner he wasn't aware of, he had affairs and all the other problems you have now put on the table. I feel this has been waiting to happen for sometime.. Are you really surprised your relationship is over?

Terra Firma

@_not123 You deleted your comment! My response looks strange now

Bognor Regis

I haven't been a good partner .oh ok so staying with him after he had an affair because I loved him, him being £30000 in debt but staying with him , not touching me for 6 yrs not even a kiss . And I've met 4 people off here with p in 4 years n other times with p is meeting for cups of coffee or a lunch . Yes I wanted to be touched n wanted but I also loved my partner n I stayed hoping he.would change n start wanting me . You can ask the ones I chat with on here alot of the time I'm on here purely for chats .

You began this with the following: "So after 17 yrs in a relationship my partner walked away saying he has no.feelings for me . How did you find it to be single again after q long time with same person as its scary the hell out of me".

You have a swinging partner he wasn't aware of, he had affairs and all the other problems you have now put on the table. I feel this has been waiting to happen for sometime.. Are you really surprised your relationship is over?"

It doesn't sound like this relationship was happy at all. You were obviously miserable enough to play without permission on Fab...no judgements from me, but you have played a part in it's demise. It sounds as if you've had an escape from a nightmare. Now you can do what you want without sneaking around. Hopefully you'll see this as a positive sometime soon.

» Add a new message to this topic