FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cat café

Cat café

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Have you ever visited one and how was it?

I haven't as yet been to one, as there isn't any near me, but I'm very curious to try and get to one.

It seems a cute idea.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

Not been to a cat cafe as I have cats but went to the dog cafe in Newcastle a few times while I didn't have a dog to get my fix of cuddles.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I cannot think of any worse ! I'm allergic and they're scratchy wee buggers anyway!

Anything*

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I wasn't aware there were dog ones, I would like that too!

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Sad Café - Everyday Hurts

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-TakXYf6sk

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I went to one and it was lovely. We had an hour slot and ordered a meal. In retrospect we should just have ordered a drink as eating our meal wasted the time with the cats

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

I’ve been to three.

Two were lovely. Friendly places with beautiful cats, but a very clear policy that customers weren’t allowed to pester or pick up cats. The cats also had a cat flap to escape to a quiet room away if they wanted. Both sold lovely food (one the best cakes ever) too.

The third was clearly jumping on the popularity bandwagon and didn’t give a shit about the clearly unhappy cats.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"I’ve been to three.

Two were lovely. Friendly places with beautiful cats, but a very clear policy that customers weren’t allowed to pester or pick up cats. The cats also had a cat flap to escape to a quiet room away if they wanted. Both sold lovely food (one the best cakes ever) too.

The third was clearly jumping on the popularity bandwagon and didn’t give a shit about the clearly unhappy cats. "

What was the Glasgow one like? My daughter wants to go.

I went years ago to one, but only because my cat-loving daughter (at the time) wanted to go. A dog cafe would be much more fun!

There is a chihuahua cafe here in Edinburgh, but I don’t feel any great affinity toward the breed, so not sure if I’d bother.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

We like cats. OK, Hannah LOVES cats. She pines for the day when we live somewhere where we can have our own. We went yo the cat café in Tonbridge and really enjoyed it. The cats were friendly and Hannah got her cat fix for a while.

"I went years ago to one, but only because my cat-loving daughter (at the time) wanted to go. A dog cafe would be much more fun!

There is a chihuahua cafe here in Edinburgh, but I don’t feel any great affinity toward the breed, so not sure if I’d bother."

A Chihuahua cafe you say? I need to check that out

Yes, last summer.

Total bloody rip off, but I absolutely loved it! Wee furry folk stoating about as though they owned the gaff (well they do I suppose). Lying next to you and teasing with their wee pink toe beans...thinking you're going to get a cuddle then they wander past all sassy and not giving a fuck

"I’ve been to three.

The third was clearly jumping on the popularity bandwagon and didn’t give a shit about the clearly unhappy cats.

What was the Glasgow one like? My daughter wants to go. "

We were at the Glasgow one. Expensive but the staff seemed really good, place was spotless and all the wee moggies were very chilled.

Yeah ... expensive for a cuppa ... and plenty of pussy’s lying around .. all purring away ...

By *intage PrincessWoman  over a year ago

Herts

I've been to a couple and as a result fell in love with a breed of cat and now own my own little terrorist, I mean sphynx.

If the chance arose would love to open one myself

The cat cafe near me is excellent.

The cats are well looked after and the staff obviously adore them.

They had kittens and adult cats. The cats come and go as they please, you're not allowed to pick them up, which is fair enough, but you can stroke them if they come to you.

I loved it. There was this cute little ginger kitten that was just a bundle of energy and so playful.

Would love to visit one

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Its cute, but less so when they jump on your table... amongst the food and drinks

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

I went once.. very disappointed..I was under the impression the cats actually worked in the cafe serving ...

[Removed by poster at 26/02/22 07:00:21]

I’ve visited an owl cafe in Tokyo it was surreal

By *abarellaWoman  over a year ago

Warminster

I would love to go.

There used to be one in bristol.

I walked past one a little while ago but it only sold vegan food so wasnt likely to go in

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I went years ago to one, but only because my cat-loving daughter (at the time) wanted to go. A dog cafe would be much more fun!

There is a chihuahua cafe here in Edinburgh, but I don’t feel any great affinity toward the breed, so not sure if I’d bother."

There's one in the Grassmarket. One of my friends says it does wonders for his anxiety x

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

Yes I've been to one it was a lovely experience

All the cats were rescues & there was a cat flap so the could leve the cafe area to go and chill in their own safe space anytime they wanted but mist seemed to be happy to chill under the tables, on the tables, basically anywhere they thought they'd get a fuss

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

My daughter went to one in Shrewsbury I think, she loved it. They had a cat there that they nicknamed cakey as if you didn't look out for him he would launch himself at your cake

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Sounds great idea as long as the cats have freedom to leave when they want. Also ensure during fur moulting season, they are not near food.

Been to a bunny cafe and a duck one, both rather interesting as the ducks would just steal your chips

By *irtydevil666Man  over a year ago

bristol

Just found it full of pussy.....meow

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

Seriously, there should be more cat threads.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

No I haven't.

I've been to dog cafe's where they allow people to take their dogs and i'm not fussy about that.

I do enjoy the company of dogs. I've always owned dogs. I do not want to eat or drink with other people's dogs, though dogs with good owners make it bearable.

If a cat cafe is one where you go in and cats have the freedom to roam then no thanks. Can't think of much worse. Maybe parrots flying around. Or snakes on the floor ....... tea and scones without the animals please.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I went once.. very disappointed..I was under the impression the cats actually worked in the cafe serving ..."

Me too along with the bitches on the till.

They're, mostly, very well behaved. The cats don't jump on your head with their claws out or anything..

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Do they eat all the cake?

There was one cheeky one who was notorious for trying to steal the ham sandwiches

By *nal-DelightTV/TS  over a year ago

Haywards Heath

I think I'll start a 'Cock Petting Cafe'

Only male waiters, the table service will be rigorous, I'm sure 'tips' will be greatly appreciated!

"I’ve visited an owl cafe in Tokyo it was surreal "

We visited a cat cafe and also a micro pig cafe in Tokyo, there’s a lot of weird & wonderful animal cafes in Tokyo especially around the Harajuku district

By *nal-DelightTV/TS  over a year ago

Haywards Heath

In the cock cafe there'll be no sucking or swallowing the 'pets'!

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Yes we've visited one. They're a little like strip clubs. The cats walk around working the floors looking for an easy punter. The cats don't give freebies, their attention is only when they believe working the punter will pay off in cat crack (aka Dreamies). There's a pimp who is in charge and kind of looks after the cats. Then you think it's time to leave as the bill is racking but check mate. On of the fur balls jumps on your lap and you can't leave because who has the heart to kick a cat off their lap who has snuggle right into you. While every minute with this cat on your lap is costing you more money.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

The one I went to, the drinks were free but you were charged by the 15 minutes you were there which kinda just made me feel like I was anxiously clock watching. That could just be me though. The cats were lovely though.

Went past one yesterday in Shrewsbury and was told as I already have a cat, I'm not allowed.

Pfft, the more pussies the better surely

PNG x

There was one in Manchester city centre

It closed

I can't imagine anything worse than cats shifting up to me whilst I try and scoff cake

Dogs on the other hand....

I will allow my dog to take food from my mouth

Drives my OH absolutely insane

Which, of course, encourages me to do it more

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I really want to go to one, even though my house is pretty close to being like one

By *ildmanYorksMan  over a year ago

Doncaster & Bembridge

We take our cat with us when we go away. She's curls up in her buggy and we take her in pubs in it. She gets loads of attention from staff and other customers.

By *ranimallxl5Man  over a year ago

Winchester

I've not , my local cafe has an infestation of rats, it maybe easier for them to rebrand than get rid

» Add a new message to this topic