FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > FFS Diamond Couger aka DC

FFS Diamond Couger aka DC

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heOriginalLois OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

So I have just noticed that my good friend DC has a status update asking for a decent thread.

So I have set myself a challenge - ffs why I ask myself.

What can I start for a decent thread? Honestly I am about as inspired as every other twisted thread starter in the Lounge.

So knock yourself out and post whatever you fancy below. Or alternatively don't post at all

Happy Saturday DC and all!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

DC should start a thread if she’s so against the drivel

No, it is in a lull at the moment and it’s the same old monotonous threads but we are all responsible for making it more interesting.

We’ve just joined another site…so that helps

K

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

I’ve tried to start the odd different type of thread but they normally fall flat as I guess they are asking people to think a little deep

Popular , repeated threads as popular and repeated because everyone joins in on them. Supply and demand

*Beard*

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Awe thanks Lois

As Beard says …. Starting a thread where any kind of cerebral Coretex input is desired just falls flat on its face! * with the exception of some * it’s sheep leading sheep at present

I’m there on that site too K a tad more interesting than here

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Awe thanks Lois

As Beard says …. Starting a thread where any kind of cerebral Coretex input is desired just falls flat on its face! * with the exception of some * it’s sheep leading sheep at present

I’m there on that site too K a tad more interesting than here "

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

I just post. If I think of a topic I'll do it. If it falls flat then that's on all you other fucks for not involving yourselves.

I don't post to please other, I do what I find interesting.

If more people were less scared of a thread falling flat, or getting upset of it turning to drama then there would be more variety.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I do my terrible jokes threads, which I know isn’t for everyone, but I do also post threads that hopefully make people consider aspects of themselves that they haven’t previously.

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I just post. If I think of a topic I'll do it. If it falls flat then that's on all you other fucks for not involving yourselves.

If more people were less scared of a thread falling flat, or getting upset of it turning to drama then there would be more variety."

Yep exactly … it’s seems everyone’s inspiration has disappeared

London

This was intended more as a jokey thread and like I say I lack any inspiration on here at the moment.

I seldom post anymore and said so on another post a week or so ago that we are all in a changed situation now to the last 24 months so we all interact differently.

Liverpool

"This was intended more as a jokey thread and like I say I lack any inspiration on here at the moment.

I seldom post anymore and said so on another post a week or so ago that we are all in a changed situation now to the last 24 months so we all interact differently. "

But this thread is exactly what is needed. Maybe 90% of people think it's shit and won't make it get very far but it is different and maybe not the ground breaking inspiration of a big philosophical debate, it is something much more than the thread's that are essentially the reality tv of forum threads.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

"Awe thanks Lois

Ooo I want to know about this site now!

London

"Awe thanks Lois

Ooo I want to know about this site now! "

Ha Meli I messaged DC about it too

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I think everyone has shifted to Politics. At least it’s a tad more interesting

I must admit that I like to whinge in my threads, like who the hell stole the sunshine and how Deliveroo won't deliver to my bedside and insists on my opening the door.

I'm a grumpy git!!

I'll be honest, I know right now I'm guilty of rarely starting threads and when I have before they tend to be more *thinkey*. I don't quite have the energy to do more than complain and contribute to the odd thread.

"I think everyone has shifted to Politics. At least it’s a tad more interesting "

What makes a thread interesting? What kind of threads should be in the Lounge?

I think life has simply become busier again offline and people come here to switch off from it. I often lack the inclination to stay for long and will only post intermittently.

Interactions offline have resumed and people aren't as dependent on the Forum for their idle chat amongst strangers anymore perhaps.

"I just post. If I think of a topic I'll do it. If it falls flat then that's on all you other fucks for not involving yourselves.

If more people were less scared of a thread falling flat, or getting upset of it turning to drama then there would be more variety."

^^^^^ Yeah, this! And tbh the complaining about how boring the forum is ...is very boring. I've posted threads on all sorts. They haven't all worked and it's no bother.

Liverpool

"I think life has simply become busier again offline and people come here to switch off from it. I often lack the inclination to stay for long and will only post intermittently.

Interactions offline have resumed and people aren't as dependent on the Forum for their idle chat amongst strangers anymore perhaps."

But before covid and lockdown there was variation too. It's not like the forum suddenly appeared during the past 2 years.

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I think life has simply become busier again offline and people come here to switch off from it. I often lack the inclination to stay for long and will only post intermittently.

Interactions offline have resumed and people aren't as dependent on the Forum for their idle chat amongst strangers anymore perhaps."

Nothing wrong with that if it’s your thing

Interactions offline have resumed and people aren't as dependent on the Forum for their idle chat amongst strangers anymore perhaps.

But before covid and lockdown there was variation too. It's not like the forum suddenly appeared during the past 2 years. "

I can't speak to that as I've only been here a year or so. My experience of it has been from how it was in lockdown and the change I have sensed since life has returned to some sense of normality, even within myself.

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

But before covid and lockdown there was variation too. It's not like the forum suddenly appeared during the past 2 years. "

It’s mostly not the same forum users though …. The controversial thread starters have long gone and been replaced with the ‘ be kind’ brigade ….

People who used to start threads were told to shut their mouth.

Nothing wrong with that if it’s your thing "

It's a bit of a chicken and egg situation, isn't it? I can't tell if I no longer spend much time here because I spend more time on activities offline or I lack the inclination to post here because of the lack of interesting topics.

Either way, it no longer holds my attention as it once had.

If more people were less scared of a thread falling flat, or getting upset of it turning to drama then there would be more variety.

^^^^^ Yeah, this! And tbh the complaining about how boring the forum is ...is very boring. I've posted threads on all sorts. They haven't all worked and it's no bother. "

Ah if people didn't complain about something imagine how quiet the forum would be? No complaining about messages received, men, men, the odd woman.

"People who used to start threads were told to shut their mouth.

"

That could be it. Some of the biggest thread starters who were invested in their threads and engaged with the posters seem to have disappeared.

But before covid and lockdown there was variation too. It's not like the forum suddenly appeared during the past 2 years.

It’s mostly not the same forum users though …. The controversial thread starters have long gone and been replaced with the ‘ be kind’ brigade …. "

Now now, be kind.

Good point. It's also the quick to judge or take offence brigade lobbing their grenades willy nilly that have become tiresome.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

That could be it. Some of the biggest thread starters who were invested in their threads and engaged with the posters seem to have disappeared."

Can’t win here to be fair. You start threads then you’re deemed as popular/attention seeker. You interact with lots of people and make friends through starting threads and then you’re in a clique. It really is quite ridiculous but amusing and entertaining this place.

^^^^^ Yeah, this! And tbh the complaining about how boring the forum is ...is very boring. I've posted threads on all sorts. They haven't all worked and it's no bother.

Ah if people didn't complain about something imagine how quiet the forum would be? No complaining about messages received, men, men, the odd woman. "

I'd like to complain that you aren't doing nearly enough to start your thinkey threads.

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

That could be it. Some of the biggest thread starters who were invested in their threads and engaged with the posters seem to have disappeared.

Can’t win here to be fair. You start threads then you’re deemed as popular/attention seeker. You interact with lots of people and make friends through starting threads and then you’re in a clique. It really is quite ridiculous but amusing and entertaining this place. "

Indeed it is Nora

Liverpool

"

So they pussied out and did what they were told?

What's the point of being controversial if you are not willing to put up with the challenges it brings.

And I don't mean controversial for the sake of being a dick and intentionally causing drama, but putting controversial topics out there to be talked about.

You can always tell the difference based upon the wording of things that are intended to be just a topic and those that intent to insult. Those that get whiney about being challenged could easily have worded the controversial opinion in a different way and textual tone, then the responses would generally have much more neutral responses. Drama and offended challenges will happen regardless but it's often the same people/person anyway.

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

Think I will start a “rate my cock” one !

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

"Awe thanks Lois

Ooo I want to know about this site now! "

And me

Can’t win here to be fair. You start threads then you’re deemed as popular/attention seeker. You interact with lots of people and make friends through starting threads and then you’re in a clique. It really is quite ridiculous but amusing and entertaining this place. "

It's ironic, isn't it?

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

DC have you ever ventured into the Virus forum?

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"DC have you ever ventured into the Virus forum? "

are you kidding KBD?

Leeds

A lot of topics posted are being twisted into something they aren't lately. Not worth the hassle to post a thread now.

Very true, Nora!

"DC have you ever ventured into the Virus forum? "

"A lot of topics posted are being twisted into something they aren't lately. Not worth the hassle to post a thread now."

That's your choice.

Leeds

"A lot of topics posted are being twisted into something they aren't lately. Not worth the hassle to post a thread now.

That's your choice. "

Exactly.

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"DC have you ever ventured into the Virus forum?

"

I can never remember how to do that face! Can see now though thank you

I can never remember how to do that face! Can see now though thank you "

I use it way too much!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Lois, this is the worstest thread in the whole wide world

Love Mrs KC

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Lois, this is the worstest thread in the whole wide world

Love Mrs KC "

I’m betting she’s buggered off to football Mrs KC

By *allDarkPaulMan  over a year ago

Trumpton

Over the last couple of years during lockdown my body hasn’t exercised as much and now I think it’s back to itself. During the same time my mind wasn’t exercised with stimulation only from a few people and virtual online meetings.

My mind has been lazy and needs to be exercised to get it back to its excited self. Like my body it’s a slow progress.

I need a Personal Trainer for my mind.

Sounds like I am not the only one suffering as it’s reflected in the conversations.

Love Mrs KC

I’m betting she’s buggered off to football Mrs KC "

The cheek of it.

(Love you Lois )

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Oh, I absolutely love The Clique. It's the most hilarious concept. I have images of you all sitting round with cake and notebooks deciding who can be popular this week and who to gang up on

Liverpool

Love Mrs KC

So! What she actually did was create a grenade thread?

Gloucestershire

Love Mrs KC

I don’t think her dodgy tea in blue are playing until tomorrow

Gloucestershire

Love Mrs KC

I don’t think her dodgy tea in blue are playing until tomorrow "

Team! Not tea!

By *oungbbcbullMan  over a year ago

leeds

Off topic but could some link me with a number for bud ??

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

It’s mostly not the same forum users though …. The controversial thread starters have long gone and been replaced with the ‘ be kind’ brigade …. "

You are right DC and Tom puts himself firmly in that camp. Better to be kind although he always says that there is a thread for everyone. Tom likes his dangerous animal threads which are not for everyone but as he always says. If peeps want something more akin to their liking then they can start their own.

By *oungbbcbullMan  over a year ago

leeds

"Off topic but could some link me with a number for bud ??"

In hull

"I'll be honest, I know right now I'm guilty of rarely starting threads and when I have before they tend to be more *thinkey*. I don't quite have the energy to do more than complain and contribute to the odd thread. "

Same here. I used to be constantly thread creating but now I just read a few and create them seldomly.

I may get back to doing it again, maybe it's the ebb and flow of our fab journey

PNG x

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It’s mostly not the same forum users though …. The controversial thread starters have long gone and been replaced with the ‘ be kind’ brigade ….

You are right DC and Tom puts himself firmly in that camp. Better to be kind although he always says that there is a thread for everyone. Tom likes his dangerous animal threads which are not for everyone but as he always says. If peeps want something more akin to their liking then they can start their own. "

Absolutely Tom …. Absolutely

This isn’t my thread incidentally ….. LOIS!! where are you?

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Love Mrs KC

I don’t think her dodgy tea in blue are playing until tomorrow "

I think she will be more upset by the *dodgy* and less about the tea typo

You are right DC and Tom puts himself firmly in that camp. Better to be kind although he always says that there is a thread for everyone. Tom likes his dangerous animal threads which are not for everyone but as he always says. If peeps want something more akin to their liking then they can start their own. "

The first time I went on the forum I saw one of your dangerous animal threads. I was hooked.

North West

Love Mrs KC

So! What she actually did was create a grenade thread? "

That's what she does. Bang! And the thread is done

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Can’t win here to be fair. You start threads then you’re deemed as popular/attention seeker. You interact with lots of people and make friends through starting threads and then you’re in a clique. It really is quite ridiculous but amusing and entertaining this place.

Oh, I absolutely love The Clique. It's the most hilarious concept. I have images of you all sitting round with cake and notebooks deciding who can be popular this week and who to gang up on "

I've always wondered who is in the fabled Clique. It seems to change massively depending on who uses the term

I don't do threads as much these days because I don't have the energy to think of something new and people keep moaning that "the same threads keep being posted" and it's boring. So I figure why bother.

I don't start many... I think the forum is going through an apathetic period

London

Love Mrs KC

Marks food hall - sorry

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I don't start many... I think the forum is going through an apathetic period "

Your probably right Mid

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Oh, I absolutely love The Clique. It's the most hilarious concept. I have images of you all sitting round with cake and notebooks deciding who can be popular this week and who to gang up on

I've always wondered who is in the fabled Clique. It seems to change massively depending on who uses the term

I don't do threads as much these days because I don't have the energy to think of something new and people keep moaning that "the same threads keep being posted" and it's boring. So I figure why bother."

There were disagreements about the Fab *Clique* when I joined and it’s still rolling on …..

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Love Mrs KC

Marks food hall - sorry "

Oh back to you then

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

"Awe thanks Lois

Don’t tell them all DC…the clique will come over there then

Pppppppphhhhhhhhwwwwwwooooooooooaaaaarrrrrrrrrr

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

You are right DC and Tom puts himself firmly in that camp. Better to be kind although he always says that there is a thread for everyone. Tom likes his dangerous animal threads which are not for everyone but as he always says. If peeps want something more akin to their liking then they can start their own.

The first time I went on the forum I saw one of your dangerous animal threads. I was hooked. "

I don't do threads as much these days because I don't have the energy to think of something new and people keep moaning that "the same threads keep being posted" and it's boring. So I figure why bother.

There were disagreements about the Fab *Clique* when I joined and it’s still rolling on ….. "

And there’s few original posters here now, so it’s unclear who the clique actually is….

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Pppppppphhhhhhhhwwwwwwooooooooooaaaaarrrrrrrrrr "

I’ve considered reviving it cheeky

"Pppppppphhhhhhhhwwwwwwooooooooooaaaaarrrrrrrrrr

I’ve considered reviving it cheeky "

You should . I’ve missed it

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

You should . I’ve missed it "

Then I will just for you x

North West

Love Mrs KC

Marks food hall - sorry "

We're you off buying posh ? We have enough cake here for a small army

London

Love Mrs KC

Team! Not tea! "

You had to mention tea would you like some cake too

London

Absolutely Tom …. Absolutely

This isn’t my thread incidentally ….. LOIS!! where are you? "

Sorry I rudely started a thread and disappeared off to life ha ha

Just trying to catch up over a coffee.

London

Love Mrs KC

I think she will be more upset by the *dodgy* and less about the tea typo "

Thank you for pointing out the rude KBD for me DC. Last time I discuss Lego with him!

London

You should . I’ve missed it

Then I will just for you x "

Yeah a Sataurday Phwoaar next week

I don't post many threads, I try to be original and mine are usually random stuff that pops in my head at that point in time.

I think people are put off starting threads because some threads barely get replied too, so people think why bother.

Maybe it is a reflection for all of us to post a bit more to make the forums feel a little more 'inclusive'

"I don't post many threads, I try to be original and mine are usually random stuff that pops in my head at that point in time.

I think people are put off starting threads because some threads barely get replied too, so people think why bother.

Maybe it is a reflection for all of us to post a bit more to make the forums feel a little more 'inclusive' "

And that might also dispel the 'clique myth' mentality if people were a little more thoughtful to other posters, especially the newer posters

London

I don't do threads as much these days because I don't have the energy to think of something new and people keep moaning that "the same threads keep being posted" and it's boring. So I figure why bother."

The fabled clique is down to perception. If you feel on the outside of anything the group that you are looking at can always be thought of as a clique.

I like to think I can get on with most people. Although due to lack of delving in the forums now I appreciate there are lots of people I don't know.

And in reference to the boring maybe it is because we dip in sporadically now and when we do it appears that there are the same topics as when we were here last.

Personally I would say to anyone start a thread or don't start a thread, join in or not. It is what we make of it and we will get what we want from it.

And now I am off to read some coverage of the more important things happening in the world today.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone and thank you all for your contribution to this post.

London

"I don't post many threads, I try to be original and mine are usually random stuff that pops in my head at that point in time.

Maybe it is a reflection for all of us to post a bit more to make the forums feel a little more 'inclusive' "

Nothing wrong with random. And I am surprised this made it past 10.

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Fitzrovia

are you kidding KBD? "

I did. Once. And I was lambasted.

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/virus/1253458

I’ve created a few non starters, it is what it is, timing is key and also starting something interesting, but you know it won’t be

… and this is what you came up with?

Pffft.

Gloucestershire

Love Mrs KC

Thank you for pointing out the rude KBD for me DC. Last time I discuss Lego with him!"

Hope you win tomorrow. We just lost, against the bottom bloody team

Oops this isn’t the footy thread

London

"… and this is what you came up with?

Pffft."

I know nephew, a pile of shite

London

Love Mrs KC

Thank you for pointing out the rude KBD for me DC. Last time I discuss Lego with him!

Hope you win tomorrow. We just lost, against the bottom bloody team

Oops this isn’t the footy thread "

You can say what you want in my thread it said so in my OP

I started a thread

London

"I started a thread "

Go you!!!!!

"I started a thread

Go you!!!!!"

Nutter

London

"I started a thread

Go you!!!!!

Nutter "

Don't tell everyone

I regularly start threads and they are normally nonsense but do ok. I'm not that bothered if post on them or not but I always engage with as many posters as possible but starting a thread and engaging in it can be time consuming.

North West

Pffft."

I already disparaged Lois'thread

London

Pffft.

I already disparaged Lois'thread "

Honestly you learn who your friends are

"I regularly start threads and they are normally nonsense but do ok. I'm not that bothered if post on them or not but I always engage with as many posters as possible but starting a thread and engaging in it can be time consuming. "

So…. It’s all about you

"I regularly start threads and they are normally nonsense but do ok. I'm not that bothered if post on them or not but I always engage with as many posters as possible but starting a thread and engaging in it can be time consuming.

So…. It’s all about you "

Always!

London

"I regularly start threads and they are normally nonsense but do ok. I'm not that bothered if post on them or not but I always engage with as many posters as possible but starting a thread and engaging in it can be time consuming.

So…. It’s all about you

Always! "

Nothing wrong in that

London

""

You always have me at

By *hunderace...Man  over a year ago

Porthmadog

It's been exactly 2yrs and 6 months since my sons addictions first landed him in hospital, out of sheer desperation I posted a thread asking for advice.

From that day until after his passing this wonderful woman messaged me regularly to see how he was and subsequently how I was coping.

She messaged on the day he died and is the only one who could ever verify the most amazing thing thats ever happened to me, as long as I live I'll never be able to explain that...

To this day we chat and she's the catalyst for me attending the next MLS which will be the 1st time we'll have met.

As she is part of a tiny handful of friends who I feel I still breathe because of you'll understand and make allowances if I get slightly emotional when I give her my thanks in person.

You had no reason to do what you did for me, you beautiful woman you...XThankYouX

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"It's been exactly 2yrs and 6 months since my sons addictions first landed him in hospital, out of sheer desperation I posted a thread asking for advice.

From that day until after his passing this wonderful woman messaged me regularly to see how he was and subsequently how I was coping.

She messaged on the day he died and is the only one who could ever verify the most amazing thing thats ever happened to me, as long as I live I'll never be able to explain that...

To this day we chat and she's the catalyst for me attending the next MLS which will be the 1st time we'll have met.

As she is part of a tiny handful of friends who I feel I still breathe because of you'll understand and make allowances if I get slightly emotional when I give her my thanks in person.

You had no reason to do what you did for me, you beautiful woman you...XThankYouX"

thank you

So…. It’s all about you

Always! "

Until death us do part.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"It's been exactly 2yrs and 6 months since my sons addictions first landed him in hospital, out of sheer desperation I posted a thread asking for advice.

You had no reason to do what you did for me, you beautiful woman you...XThankYouX"

Oh this really made me well up

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Fitzrovia

"Ooo I want to know about this site now! "

Don't tell her - it's a secret!!

» Add a new message to this topic