FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Boxing- Taylor V Catterall

Boxing- Taylor V Catterall

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone see the boxing last night?

Thoughts on the decision?

IMO one of the worst decisions I have ever seen, Catterall robbed by the judges, how anyone had Taylor winning is beyond me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Outrageous!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Gotta be tough to be proud the way Taylor after the battering he took last night, boxing at its corrupt best...and everyone saw it

"Gotta be tough to be proud the way Taylor after the battering he took last night, boxing at its corrupt best...and everyone saw it"

Oh, and the stats don't lie. You don't hit your opponent 50% more over 12 rounds and lose

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Wish they could be interviewed and asked exactly what made you come to that score?

"Wish they could be interviewed and asked exactly what made you come to that score? "

It'll never happen. It's about time that judges should be former boxers

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

Total embarrassment, corrupt to the core

Judges had close to 3000 fights between them.

Well experienced judges who like myself can see what the casual fan or emotional corner cannot

Jack connected with many shots that actually landed on Taylor’s gloves. These don’t count, the stats might show he threw more punches but when they don’t land on the target area they are not point scoring.

Then there was persistent fouling that cost Jack not only a point but because he was actually losing that round it became 2 points which nullified his knock down

It’s all fine and well sitting watching the fight as a casual fan or your part of a specific camp the bottom line was Taylor won……JUST

Not because he was the better boxer on the night but because majority of those big punches Jack threw landed on his gloves or arms and he also had critical points deducted for persistent fouling

"Judges had close to 3000 fights between them.

Well experienced judges who like myself can see what the casual fan or emotional corner cannot

Jack connected with many shots that actually landed on Taylor’s gloves. These don’t count, the stats might show he threw more punches but when they don’t land on the target area they are not point scoring.

Then there was persistent fouling that cost Jack not only a point but because he was actually losing that round it became 2 points which nullified his knock down

It’s all fine and well sitting watching the fight as a casual fan or your part of a specific camp the bottom line was Taylor won……JUST

Not because he was the better boxer on the night but because majority of those big punches Jack threw landed on his gloves or arms and he also had critical points deducted for persistent fouling"

WHAT!! So the 188 landed punches didn't land? Methinks you're definitely smoking something

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

Not because he was the better boxer on the night but because majority of those big punches Jack threw landed on his gloves or arms and he also had critical points deducted for persistent fouling"

Just for clarity both boxers had a point deducted and catterall did not have multiple points deducted. In addition the point deduction does not change the scoring merely takes a point off the total meaning a 9-9 round instead of a 10-9 round.

I disagree with the judges but I was not ringside, but thought important to clear up any misinterpretation of the rules

Not because he was the better boxer on the night but because majority of those big punches Jack threw landed on his gloves or arms and he also had critical points deducted for persistent fouling

Just for clarity both boxers had a point deducted and catterall did not have multiple points deducted. In addition the point deduction does not change the scoring merely takes a point off the total meaning a 9-9 round instead of a 10-9 round.

I disagree with the judges but I was not ringside, but thought important to clear up any misinterpretation of the rules "

By *llovereveryMan  over a year ago

Halifax

"Anyone see the boxing last night?

IMO one of the worst decisions I have ever seen, Catterall robbed by the judges, how anyone had Taylor winning is beyond me."

He got robbed. I just watched the fight again and I gave Taylor 4 rounds.

I then checked online and went to boxing social, IFL TV and others, and can't find one person who thinks Taylor won or can even provide a theory for how that fight got scored.

Anyway, we all know this ongoing problem with boxing.

It's time for Taylor to move up and vacate the titles. Hopefully Catterall will get another shot at one of the belts.

More boxing today on DAZN which is a nice change for a Sunday

I’ve just seen it on record as I was at a wedding last night

Fucking awful decision. And for Taylor to think he won’t the fight…he needs to watch it back

Feel awful for catterall

We can argue this over until the cows come home and, it will be just another fight n the history of the sport with a similar outcome

I did not say he had ‘multiple points’ deducted

He was losing a 10-9 round when a point was deducted making it a 10-8 for Taylor

The 8th round was a 10-9 for Taylor up until he was floored. Doesn’t make it a 10-8 suddenly for Catteral

I didn’t agree with 2 of the judges scores either but I did score the fight 113-112 in favour of Taylor

"Anyone see the boxing last night?

IMO one of the worst decisions I have ever seen, Catterall robbed by the judges, how anyone had Taylor winning is beyond me.

He got robbed. I just watched the fight again and I gave Taylor 4 rounds.

I then checked online and went to boxing social, IFL TV and others, and can't find one person who thinks Taylor won or can even provide a theory for how that fight got scored.

Anyway, we all know this ongoing problem with boxing.

It's time for Taylor to move up and vacate the titles. Hopefully Catterall will get another shot at one of the belts.

More boxing today on DAZN which is a nice change for a Sunday "

HattHanzo thinks he won! I've found that one person for you.

"We can argue this over until the cows come home and, it will be just another fight n the history of the sport with a similar outcome

He was losing a 10-9 round when a point was deducted making it a 10-8 for Taylor

The 8th round was a 10-9 for Taylor up until he was floored. Doesn’t make it a 10-8 suddenly for Catteral

I didn’t agree with 2 of the judges scores either but I did score the fight 113-112 in favour of Taylor "

I didn’t watch the fight but judging by Peter Fury’s comments it was definitely the wrong decision. I think Peter knows a thing or two about boxing.

Bromsgrove

"We can argue this over until the cows come home and, it will be just another fight n the history of the sport with a similar outcome

I didn’t agree with 2 of the judges scores either but I did score the fight 113-112 in favour of Taylor "

Sorry but used the phrase ‘critical points’ plural. And failed to mention the point Taylor had deducted. In addition the knockdown is highly likely to result in a 10-8 round as even if Taylor was ahead on that round the knockdown invariably changes the viewpoint.

I say this from the position of being a huge Taylor fan and being confident he would win by knockout. I believe the guy is an incredible talent and will prove it again when moving up in weight. That said I don’t believe that the result was fair in any way and as someone involved in boxing it upsets me that it will put off many aspiring boxers.

I have seen some very bad decisions in small hall shows recently for the home fighter and know of a couple of pros who have decided to call it quits as they are not huge ticket sellers and don’t feel they will get a fair result.

Bromsgrove

I didn’t agree with 2 of the judges scores either but I did score the fight 113-112 in favour of Taylor

Sorry but used the phrase ‘critical points’ plural. And failed to mention the point Taylor had deducted. In addition the knockdown is highly likely to result in a 10-8 round as even if Taylor was ahead on that round the knockdown invariably changes the viewpoint.

I say this from the position of being a huge Taylor fan and being confident he would win by knockout. I believe the guy is an incredible talent and will prove it again when moving up in weight. That said I don’t believe that the result was fair in any way and as someone involved in boxing it upsets me that it will put off many aspiring boxers.

I have seen some very bad decisions in small hall shows recently for the home fighter and know of a couple of pros who have decided to call it quits as they are not huge ticket sellers and don’t feel they will get a fair result. "

In addition all three judges scored the round with the knockdown 10-8.

I agree with much of what your saying re-bad decisions have seen plenty of them in the past 50 years following the sport

Yes it’s a bad advert for young aspiring kids wanting to take up the sport but until something more transparent comes into judging fights then there will always be controversial decisions

By *iking67Man  over a year ago

BP Auckland

It was robbery as simple as that

I have seen some very bad decisions in small hall shows recently for the home fighter and know of a couple of pros who have decided to call it quits as they are not huge ticket sellers and don’t feel they will get a fair result.

In addition all three judges scored the round with the knockdown 10-8."

The 8th round was judged by all 3 judges as 10-8 to Catteral

However, the opposite was said in the 10th when ALL 3 judges scored 10-8 to Taylor therefore nullifying that big 8th round

We can argue all day but I still stand by that one judge who had the fight 113-112 for Taylor

Bromsgrove

[Removed by poster at 27/02/22 14:49:15]

"I agree with much of what your saying re-bad decisions have seen plenty of them in the past 50 years following the sport

Yes it’s a bad advert for young aspiring kids wanting to take up the sport but until something more transparent comes into judging fights then there will always be controversial decisions

I watched a debut a couple of months ago for a young lad against the home fighter. The young lad making his debut dominated one round, got a knockdown in another and the other two were close (but I would have probably given both to the debut making fighter)

The home fighter got the decision to boos. Just doesn’t make it worth the sacrifices that all pros go through (well maybe not some of the heavyweights)

"

Unfortunately this happens, have been on the receiving end of a similar decision

Was boxing in a guys home club, he took a standing count in the first, was on the floor in the second but yet I dropped a decision over 4 rounds

A 4 rounder where I was 4 rounds in front after the second yet dropped a split decision and that was back in the early 80’s

Nothing changes and why the sport a now being taken over by You Tubers

Halifax

"I didn’t agree with 2 of the judges scores either but I did score the fight 113-112 in favour of Taylor

I say this from the position of being a huge Taylor fan and being confident he would win by knockout. I believe the guy is an incredible talent and will prove it again when moving up in weight. That said I don’t believe that the result was fair in any way and as someone involved in boxing it upsets me that it will put off many aspiring boxers. "

Good points and thanks for sharing your analysis. I watched the fight twice and scored it different and only gave Taylor 4 rounds. That said, I didn't score the fight so that could change.

Like you, I also have a big appreciation of Taylor. He's flying the flag, is under promoted and unlike most boxers isn't a hype job. I like his spiteful approach, supreme confidence and boxing style.

Moving up to Welter will be a massive challenge given the form Spence and Crawford are in.

However good luck to the lad, but I think he'll likely lose to both unfortunately but I hope I'm wrong.

I would much prefer Josh to give Jack a rematch and prove he is the better man before making any move up

I don’t think Josh is good enough to beat any of the 147lb champions

I wasn’t really following the build up to this fight (after the great past few weeks of Eubank vs. Williams and Khan vs. Brook). But, I will definitely watch the rematch. Ben Shalom seems to be the rising start in Boxing promotion.

Halifax

"I would much prefer Josh to give Jack a rematch and prove he is the better man before making any move up

I don’t think Josh is good enough to beat any of the 147lb champions "

I think he's too big for the weight. That's been the word on the street for some time, though Taylor denies it.

I wouldn't rematch Catteral. Taylor needs to move on and up now. He needs the big nights and the big money.

As per my comment above I also think he will struggle with the current Welter champions but Taylor brings his own problems. They'll be awesome fights to watch.

» Add a new message to this topic