FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Will they tolerate this?

Will they tolerate this?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Watching the news, with Putin now informing the world that he is putting his nuclear weapons on 'special alert', do you feel the Russian nation will now retaliate against him?

Russia is a world away from the isolated nation it once was and I feel there are many, including those in power who will now be turning against this man, who seems to be losing the plot and all sense of reality in today's world.

What are your thoughts? Do you think Russia and its people will continue to support this cause? Will they turn against him with these new developments?

I personally think they might just do that

PNG x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think he needs a pie in the face at the very least

"I think he needs a pie in the face at the very least"

From his next in command for being such a w**ker?

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

He resorts to this because NATO said some bad things about him.

What a loon.

He is a slapped arse

Things aren't going his way

Tantrum time

"He resorts to this because NATO said some bad things about him.

What a loon."

It's ok this tit for tat retaliation by words but to threaten nuclear weapons, he's gone too far and I think even his own cronies will be having second thoughts on his ability to lead.

I don't think the Russian nation will rise up, not at least in the numbers required for a revolution

The majority are too sown with fear and are too brainwashed by propaganda to believe in and create a meaningful alternative

"I don't think the Russian nation will rise up, not at least in the numbers required for a revolution

The majority are too sown with fear and are too brainwashed by propaganda to believe in and create a meaningful alternative "

Do you think? I have a feeling we underestimate Russia as a nation. They are far more inclusive in the modern world than they have ever been and I don't believe even the guys under Putin will actually want the entire world against them

[Removed by poster at 27/02/22 14:39:31]

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool/Wallasey

Depends. Never underestimate those who are patriotic. Even threat of nuclear war will not make them sway (some! Not all).

It all depends on who and how many feel and know that any leader who threatens nuclear war is not in it for anyone but their own ego.

"I don't think the Russian nation will rise up, not at least in the numbers required for a revolution

The majority are too sown with fear and are too brainwashed by propaganda to believe in and create a meaningful alternative

Do you think? I have a feeling we underestimate Russia as a nation. They are far more inclusive in the modern world than they have ever been and I don't believe even the guys under Putin will actually want the entire world against them "

I think his cronies are as big a maniac as he is

Even Medvedev, who was seen as a 'moderate' in comparison has made some worrying comments

As for the population, they have liberties greater than they have ever had, but I don't think the Mother Russia mentality has left many of them

That's not to underestimate them, it is more a measure of the power of the state in comparison

When you consider the size of the country, the demographic spread and the speed at which any attempt to undermine the state would be dealt with, it makes it pretty much a pipe dream

Any change will come from within the inner circle

What we need is a Van Stauffenberg

Let's hope there is will within the powers and the party

By *anBerksMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

You would hope that the more dictatorial and madcap he becomes, that those at the top of the Russian military will step in the end this lunacy.

But I guess it depends how widespread and loyal everyone is around him. If only one or two break ranks and they haven’t got enough support for a military coup, or the military really believe this to be a righteous cause, then they’re screwed, aren’t they?

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

He seems to be circling his wagons around his inner circle.

That looks like someone who fears his fate.

Do you think? I have a feeling we underestimate Russia as a nation. They are far more inclusive in the modern world than they have ever been and I don't believe even the guys under Putin will actually want the entire world against them

Even Medvedev, who was seen as a 'moderate' in comparison has made some worrying comments

As for the population, they have liberties greater than they have ever had, but I don't think the Mother Russia mentality has left many of them

That's not to underestimate them, it is more a measure of the power of the state in comparison

When you consider the size of the country, the demographic spread and the speed at which any attempt to undermine the state would be dealt with, it makes it pretty much a pipe dream

Let's hope there is will within the powers and the party "

Of all the possible positive outcomes for the West, this is the most likely.

Of all the possible positive outcomes for the West, this is the most likely."

I'm hoping this is the case

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

He's throwing toys out the pram, he wasn't expecting to be financially hit the way he has been and he can see he's on his own. He's deluded and paranoid to the extreme and I honestly think he will get to the point where he thinks he might as well push the button because it's all he has left.

He's the modern day Hitler and there's nothing we can do to stop him, ideally someone close to him will kill him using poison or shoot him when he's sleeping

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I suspect it'll depend on how cowed they are, given how repressive Russia has become.

This demented nationalism is going way too far, and not just in Russia.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Let's hope there is will within the powers and the party "

Unfortunately von Stauffenberg failed and everyone associated with it was executed.

"He's throwing toys out the pram, he wasn't expecting to be financially hit the way he has been and he can see he's on his own. He's deluded and paranoid to the extreme and I honestly think he will get to the point where he thinks he might as well push the button because it's all he has left.

He's the modern day Hitler and there's nothing we can do to stop him, ideally someone close to him will kill him using poison or shoot him when he's sleeping "

This is a huge possibility

"I suspect it'll depend on how cowed they are, given how repressive Russia has become.

This demented nationalism is going way too far, and not just in Russia."

Yes, there's a few crazy dictators out there. Take from that what you will and apply it to many of the leaders we roll our eyes at on a daily basis. Fortunately, most don't threaten nuclear war

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

The majority are too sown with fear and are too brainwashed by propaganda to believe in and create a meaningful alternative "

This.

The demonstrations that have taken place in Russia are very brave. But I think regardless, Putin wouldn’t listen to reason now, never mind the people.

Hopefully peace talks can sort something.

Just hope if he launches a nuke he does it as a threat by dropping it in the ocean some where not in the middle of a country some where.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Look at those protestors getting arrested, for standing against putin. I doubt if many will want to stand up against him now, as I doubt that it will be a slap on the wrist like it would be over here.

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

I heard he has threatened Sweden and Finland if they join NATO. Its one thing to threaten ABBA but he can't mess with Father Christmas and his Elves.

I think it’s very scary

Putin’s offensive is stalling, principally due to anti-armour systems supplied by NATO countries, which is why he’s throwing his very dangerous toys out of the pram in our direction.

From the start it’s been difficult to see what long term gain he could achieve with this invasion, other than to move NATO to a more cautious posture (I.e. no new members), so again this rhetoric makes some rational sense. If it’s not that then he’s lost the plot, or has a terminal illness. The latter two possibilities would suggest that an internal correction from a rational actor (there are some) will end this.

Unfortunately von Stauffenberg failed and everyone associated with it was executed.

"

True. But at least he / they tried.

I visited the place he was executed when I was in Berlin

It is now the museum of the resistance

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I suspect it'll depend on how cowed they are, given how repressive Russia has become.

This demented nationalism is going way too far, and not just in Russia.

Yes, there's a few crazy dictators out there. Take from that what you will and apply it to many of the leaders we roll our eyes at on a daily basis. Fortunately, most don't threaten nuclear war "

Sure. It's a dangerous trend we need to reverse, though.

"Just hope if he launches a nuke he does it as a threat by dropping it in the ocean some where not in the middle of a country some where. "

I don't think that's how nuclear deterrents work.

If a missile launch is detected NATO will retaliate. You don't wait to see where it's going to land.

Humanity would then try to survive in isolated pockets least affected by the fall out and nuclear winter.

The civilised world simply can no longer afford to let Russia have nuclear weapons if they can't prevent a psychopath taking power. They might realise this and do something about it before we have to.

I suspect we'll pursue a long-term goal of crippling the Russian economy until they disarm, regardless of what happens in Ukraine.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

No one has the guts to do that to Boris. why would anyone dare to with Putin?

I ama submissive male myself. But I would gladly pee on him.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Watching the news, with Putin now informing the world that he is putting his nuclear weapons on 'special alert', do you feel the Russian nation will now retaliate against him?

Russia is a world away from the isolated nation it once was and I feel there are many, including those in power who will now be turning against this man, who seems to be losing the plot and all sense of reality in today's world.

What are your thoughts? Do you think Russia and its people will continue to support this cause? Will they turn against him with these new developments?

I personally think they might just do that

PNG x "

Remember the Kursk, the submarine that sank. Putin really showed his true colours at that tragedy.

Those family members will have long memories.

A cold frozen one

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I doubt his generals will obey the order to "push the button" so to speak. I think his days are numbered.

"I doubt his generals will obey the order to "push the button" so to speak. I think his days are numbered."

This is my feeling. I just hope I'm right

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

The games has been to scare us into letting him do what he wants. This game stared years ago. Probably as part of plans for the Ukraine with quite public showing off of new nuclear capabilities and clarity over nuclear doctrine regarding the use of tactical nuclear weapons on the Battle field. He knows (and rightfully so) the everyone fears nuclear war. He was clear to basically threatened us at the start of the invasion and we were quick to state we would not come to direct blows with Russia in Ukraine.

But the invasion is not going well. We are punishing Russia and we are sending leathful aid that with contribute to the deaths of Russian troops. The trouble is can Putin de-escalate, can he lose face or is winning everything to him? We're does he stand if things drag on painfully and he starts losing the popular support of the Russian people? Does he go for broke and be the most horrible person in the playground on the gamble that the threat or actual use of nukes will force us to let him have his way v risking the death of humanity? What worries me is he's a sore losser and will not concede defeat.

He's an arsehole and this is a total cunts trick. However although this is probably just a cynical act to gain leverage and control over the situation it's a bully tactic that will always be powerful because we all want humanity to survive. We may be entering into lethal of poker now. I fear the more Putin loses the more the ante will be raised. I think he will continue to throw his chips into the game until he either win or has to go for broke.

Rational thought in me suggests that he’s just talking a tough game.

Let’s think it logically, if you’re true intention is to bomb the world back to the Stone Age, then why threaten and talk about doing it. You just do it and not pre-warn anybody about it.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool/Wallasey

"Rational thought in me suggests that he’s just talking a tough game.

Let’s think it logically, if you’re true intention is to bomb the world back to the Stone Age, then why threaten and talk about doing it. You just do it and not pre-warn anybody about it. "

The problem is currently he is threatening because he wants it his way and its not going his way.

If he doesn't get what he wants after so long that will get him in to the mindset of "if I can't have it, nobody can" and will do whatever out of spite. He does not seem to appear to be a man who will backdown or lose face and admit he did wrong or lost.

Just look at Trump, fair enough he never threatened nukes, but never admitted he lost or accepted it.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

This demented nationalism is going way too far, and not just in Russia."

Nationalism is one of humanity's biggest downfalls. A mind-set of them and us that evolved to be successful in survival as a small nomadic band became an absolute menace as soon as we settled into cities. There is not a single war that has been fought where it hasn't played it's part - usually a starring role.

Mr

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

Walks in expecting a Manic Street Preachers thread .... backs slowly out again ....

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Putin has to look at how the other communist leaders got ousted. He is not immune.

» Add a new message to this topic