FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Internet

Internet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

3 nearly 4 long weeks without broadband which should have been only 2, but Openreach fucked up. It’s being installed on Wednesday and I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

When I was a lad, this was all fields.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I went 2 weeks without internet when i first moved into my new place. I dont have a TV so it was hell. I hated it.

"When I was a lad, this was all fields. "

"When I was a lad, this was all fields. "

When I was a lad this flat was was 20 years old!

I’m allowed a moan!

I have got rid of the TV free view and so the TV license has also gone, but lack of broadband is hell. I know I know Broadband kills conversation but what if you have no one to chat too??

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I remember the "eeeeekkkkk" noise of the 56k modem connection process. Jumpers for goalposts...marvellous!

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"When I was a lad, this was all fields.

I’m allowed a moan!

I have got rid of the TV free view and so the TV license has also gone, but lack of broadband is hell. I know I know Broadband kills conversation but what if you have no one to chat too?? "

Are you that devoid of conversation that you have to rely on the internet?

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I don't have broadband.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I don't have broadband."

Narrowband is the way forward

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"I don't have broadband.

Narrowband is the way forward "

I'm cutting down my footprint, it's extra narrowband.

I’m allowed a moan!

I have got rid of the TV free view and so the TV license has also gone, but lack of broadband is hell. I know I know Broadband kills conversation but what if you have no one to chat too??

Are you that devoid of conversation that you have to rely on the internet? "

Yes, do you have an issue with that?

Without BB I have no signal for my phone. If I have an accident I cannot call for help…. I’m a disabled person who needs outside contact.

If you can’t say nothing nice keep your mouth shut please

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I’m allowed a moan!

Without BB I have no signal for my phone. If I have an accident I cannot call for help…. I’m a disabled person who needs outside contact.

If you can’t say nothing nice keep your mouth shut please "

I'm sorry if I said anything to upset you, but it does seem ridiculous in this day and age that we have to rely on the internet for assistance

I’m allowed a moan!

I'm sorry if I said anything to upset you, but it does seem ridiculous in this day and age that we have to rely on the internet for assistance "

Like I said I have no mobile signal in the house without internet. I have to use a signal booster for the mobile which plugs into the router….

Without internet I wouldn’t be writing this (mobile data say at an open window)

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I don't have broadband but have unlimited internet via my device so I share and I pay less then any broadband provider

"I don't have broadband but have unlimited internet via my device so I share and I pay less then any broadband provider"

I pay 30 a month for an unlimited 600 megabit asynchronous connection. I bet mine beats yours and is way faster

Newcastle

"I don't have broadband but have unlimited internet via my device so I share and I pay less then any broadband provider

I pay 30 a month for an unlimited 600 megabit asynchronous connection. I bet mine beats yours and is way faster "

I pay £11.56p per month it's amazing what can be achieved when you argue that if you don't receive they are in breach of contract as I'm paying so cut down each time as a discount

"I don't have broadband but have unlimited internet via my device so I share and I pay less then any broadband provider

I pay 30 a month for an unlimited 600 megabit asynchronous connection. I bet mine beats yours and is way faster

I pay £11.56p per month it's amazing what can be achieved when you argue that if you don't receive they are in breach of contract as I'm paying so cut down each time as a discount "

Yeah thats an old wives tale. Most contracts have it written that they have a certain degree of flexibility when it comes to speed. That's why they are always advertised as Up To so many mb rather than flat out saying you'll get this speed.

Many have tried the breach of contract shenanigans and they never win because of the fine print in the contract.

I pay £11.56p per month it's amazing what can be achieved when you argue that if you don't receive they are in breach of contract as I'm paying so cut down each time as a discount

Yeah thats an old wives tale. Most contracts have it written that they have a certain degree of flexibility when it comes to speed. That's why they are always advertised as Up To so many mb rather than flat out saying you'll get this speed.

Many have tried the breach of contract shenanigans and they never win because of the fine print in the contract."

I should add yhat mist ISPs will also drop prices to keep you as a customer. Nothing to donwith threats.

A friend of mine back in the day used to work at Virgin Media. Its company policy to offer you a lower price to keep getting your money.

By *hort Stop 1969Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere in East Lothian

"I'm sorry if I said anything to upset you, but it does seem ridiculous in this day and age that we have to rely on the internet for assistance "

Not everyone has a support network whether emotional or family/ friends to call upon socially or in emergencies. I only have my immediate family (3 adult kids) to rely on or provide support and a smaller amount of friends I could trust with my life in times of need.

Newcastle

Many have tried the breach of contract shenanigans and they never win because of the fine print in the contract."

My contract ended in 2008 I'm on a roll over I've stayed because it's impossible to get what I do at this price no one can match it

Many have tried the breach of contract shenanigans and they never win because of the fine print in the contract.

My contract ended in 2008 I'm on a roll over I've stayed because it's impossible to get what I do at this price no one can match it"

Must be lucky. Friend of mine did that up until last year. They cut him off because contract or not, they don't have to provide you a service. Think he was with Vodafone so it wasn't worth the money anyway. Could never get a signal. Even the one time we were literally next to a tower haha.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I'm sorry if I said anything to upset you, but it does seem ridiculous in this day and age that we have to rely on the internet for assistance

Not everyone has a support network whether emotional or family/ friends to call upon socially or in emergencies. I only have my immediate family (3 adult kids) to rely on or provide support and a smaller amount of friends I could trust with my life in times of need. "

I get what you are saying, but why do we have to rely on things like this?

Newcastle

My contract ended in 2008 I'm on a roll over I've stayed because it's impossible to get what I do at this price no one can match it

Must be lucky. Friend of mine did that up until last year. They cut him off because contract or not, they don't have to provide you a service. Think he was with Vodafone so it wasn't worth the money anyway. Could never get a signal. Even the one time we were literally next to a tower haha."

To be fair I pushed and eventually I won again and again then told me I'm free to leave as I don't have a contract so they are stuck with me

I’m allowed a moan!

I'm sorry if I said anything to upset you, but it does seem ridiculous in this day and age that we have to rely on the internet for assistance

Like I said I have no mobile signal in the house without internet. I have to use a signal booster for the mobile which plugs into the router….

Without internet I wouldn’t be writing this (mobile data say at an open window) "

The only question I have is this.

Given that from what you've said the potential for a life threatening situation could be a possibility. Why on earth would you choose to move somewhere with terrible coverage?

That doesn't make any sense to me. That's like a severe asthmatic buying a house next to a motorway. Just doesn't make sense.

Newcastle

Must be lucky. Friend of mine did that up until last year. They cut him off because contract or not, they don't have to provide you a service. Think he was with Vodafone so it wasn't worth the money anyway. Could never get a signal. Even the one time we were literally next to a tower haha."

Your wrong when a company or business is a service provider they have strict rules that they must stick to like signal if people are paying and unable to use because lack of they need to do something about it failure to do so they breach they own terms of a business check what happened in Scotland several years ago it was wide spread and we're forced to fix the issue and put up more masts even though most are owned by a separate company other providers use them and pay to have their gadgets placed into them if in a area where their is lack of customers for that network they won't install their gadgets in the masts as it's costly....

» Add a new message to this topic