FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bye bye buckingham palace.

Bye bye buckingham palace.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I read somewhere that apparently she is now going to work from home at windsor castle. I wonder why and I thought that that the palace was her main home?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I read somewhere that apparently she is now going to work from home at windsor castle. I wonder why and I thought that that the palace was her main home? "

No they have been living on a council estate in Slough for years.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Windsor is the official residence. Bucks Palace is a place of work.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

Perhaps she sold it to pay for Andrew's settlement.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Perhaps the Duke of Buckingham wants it back

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Bless her she is winding down and its probably her favorite place at her age she needs to do what's suits her best love her x

By *he_massangerMan  over a year ago

Sheringham

Windsor Castle will become like residential care for one.

"Windsor is the official residence. Bucks Palace is a place of work. "
I see yes, as she got few homes too

"I read somewhere that apparently she is now going to work from home at windsor castle. I wonder why and I thought that that the palace was her main home?

No they have been living on a council estate in Slough for years."

Yes, or that lol

By *nlyDesiCandiTV/TS  over a year ago

London

"I read somewhere that apparently she is now going to work from home at windsor castle. I wonder why and I thought that that the palace was her main home? "

From that episode in The Crown ?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I expect she's too frail to keep working in that draughty, outdated old barn of a place.

She's not appeared publicly for a while now and I guess she's handed most of the work to Princes Charles and William.

My be put a few Ukrainians in it since it's empty

"I read somewhere that apparently she is now going to work from home at windsor castle. I wonder why and I thought that that the palace was her main home?

No they have been living on a council estate in Slough for years."

Yeah, there's a fly-on-the-wall documentary about it on Channel 5. It's called Slough do you like that: A Right Royal Mental Rental.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

I saw her once in a hotel lobby in Southampton. Just me and her. I snubbed her as I thought it must have been a woman dressed as her. Must have been mustn’t it?

"I expect she's too frail to keep working in that draughty, outdated old barn of a place.

She's not appeared publicly for a while now and I guess she's handed most of the work to Princes Charles and William."

Yep Charles is certainly being prepped a lot more especially since the announcement(long time coming ,**** the Americans).

Think she wanted to give more work to Andrew but you know

Still think throne should pass directly to William or even George while we figure sone stuff out.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I expect she's too frail to keep working in that draughty, outdated old barn of a place.

She's not appeared publicly for a while now and I guess she's handed most of the work to Princes Charles and William.

Yep Charles is certainly being prepped a lot more especially since the announcement(long time coming ,**** the Americans).

Still think throne should pass directly to William or even George while we figure sone stuff out."

That isn't possible constitutionally so won't happen unless Charles died or abdicated but why do you think that?

Still think throne should pass directly to William or even George while we figure sone stuff out.

That isn't possible constitutionally so won't happen unless Charles died or abdicated but why do you think that?"

Think theres some things that need to be sorted out in this country the relation with the territories.Keeping other countries in personal Union with us will be difficult with Charles on the throne.Also the status of Northern Ireland needs to be revised.All would be easier if George was on the throne he has no relation to the old regime.

In my humble opinion

That isn't possible constitutionally so won't happen unless Charles died or abdicated but why do you think that?

Think theres some things that need to be sorted out in this country the relation with the territories.Keeping other countries in personal Union with us will be difficult with Charles on the throne.Also the status of Northern Ireland needs to be revised.All would be easier if George was on the throne he has no relation to the old regime.

In my humble opinion"

We should out P&O in charge. Sack them all and hire Agency Royals.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

In my humble opinion"

He's 8 !

My opinion is that the actual monarch is irrelevant. They don't wield much if any political power but I do wish they'd keep current. When you mention the old regime I think you hit the nail on the head, their advisers and therefore the royals are so out of touch it's laughable but I don't think Prince George would be much more in touch, the monarchy is very slow at adapting

Forum Mod

East Sussex

In my humble opinion

We should out P&O in charge. Sack them all and hire Agency Royals."

In my humble opinion

He's 8 !

My opinion is that the actual monarch is irrelevant. They don't wield much if any political power but I do wish they'd keep current. When you mention the old regime I think you hit the nail on the head, their advisers and therefore the royals are so out of touch it's laughable but I don't think Prince George would be much more in touch, the monarchy is very slow at adapting "

Yeah but when you already have enough problems then even an irrelevance can mean an awful lot.Don’t think the monarchy needs to be in touch think it needs a reconsidering they are the face of the UK.More in favour of our head of state being like the Republic not like the French.

I’m a bit cynical thats why I suggested George some of the changes I want will not be popular with some nasty people but if the blame could be cast at a prearranged villain the regent who ever she might be I doubt they would be seen as George’s or be reversed.

"Perhaps she sold it to pay for Andrew's settlement."
Yes, or that too

Via Republic have a vote if we should have the royals or not

By *eamworkboyMan  over a year ago

Irvine

Windsor Castle is lovely but I've no idea why they built it so close to the M4, it's the perfect retirement home for her really

"Bless her she is winding down and its probably her favorite place at her age she needs to do what's suits her best love her x"
Yes. I think that she is doing that too and yes it might be her favourite place as well x

She's not appeared publicly for a while now and I guess she's handed most of the work to Princes Charles and William."

Yes and I also think that she is handing over things to them as well as she might not have the same energy to work as much as before

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Yet another fake, fear mongering thread

Forum Mod

East Sussex

She's not appeared publicly for a while now and I guess she's handed most of the work to Princes Charles and William.Yes and I also think that she is handing over things to them as well as she might not have the same energy to work as much as before "

I doubt she does. The poor old girl is getting on a bit.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Windsor is the official residence. Bucks Palace is a place of work. "

House of Windsor: the clue is in the title.

There's an estate agent with rubbing his itchy slimy hands "Office space to let" and all that pretentious sales crap.

Commision, commision, commission. it's all they think of. VULTURES.

Yes I was being sarcastic/satirical.

Peterborough

"Bless her she is winding down and its probably her favorite place at her age she needs to do what's suits her best love her x"

Not Balmoral then?

Peterborough

"Windsor Castle is lovely but I've no idea why they built it so close to the M4, it's the perfect retirement home for her really "

Because it's not too far from LEGO land, how many castles are there?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Bless her she is winding down and its probably her favorite place at her age she needs to do what's suits her best love her x

Not Balmoral then?"

Too far to the shops...

"Windsor Castle is lovely but I've no idea why they built it so close to the M4, it's the perfect retirement home for her really "

Right under that flight path too! They should have planned that much better.

By *eamworkboyMan  over a year ago

Irvine

"Windsor Castle is lovely but I've no idea why they built it so close to the M4, it's the perfect retirement home for her really

Right under that flight path too! They should have planned that much better. "

Completely lowers the value of the place

Peterborough

"Bless her she is winding down and its probably her favorite place at her age she needs to do what's suits her best love her x

Not Balmoral then?

Too far to the shops..."

What, what, what, no Ocadao or F&M.com drivers up there then?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Not Balmoral then?

Too far to the shops...

What, what, what, no Ocadao or F&M.com drivers up there then?"

One can't have shopkeepers on the premises

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Well back in the 80's Slough dog track was just up the road so handy for a quick reverse forecast on the 2&6 dog's on a Tuesday night and a tub of cockles or jellied eel's.

She's not appeared publicly for a while now and I guess she's handed most of the work to Princes Charles and William.Yes and I also think that she is handing over things to them as well as she might not have the same energy to work as much as before

I doubt she does. The poor old girl is getting on a bit."

Yes she is, she is doing a great job as well

[Removed by poster at 28/03/22 22:05:33]

"Yet another fake, fear mongering thread "
No, it is not, if you google "the queen is leaving buckingham palace", it is all over the news www.express.co.uk/life-style/property/1576314/queen-elizabeth-ii-permanently-leaving-buckingham-palace-inside-pictures-windsor-castle/amp

Peterborough

Is Charley getting his desk and photo of Camilla wrapped up and loaded aboard the Pickford's horse and carriage?

I also remembered that, didnt the queen also get covid about on the 20th february, the move might be linked to that as this news about the move was at the start of this month?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I also remembered that, didnt the queen also get covid about on the 20th february, the move might be linked to that as this news about the move was at the start of this month?"

She has had COVID but this move will have been planned for some time. She's had to cancel several appointments due to "mobility difficulties" which could mean anything from a sore knee to being completely bed ridden, us ordinary mortals will never know. I guess that she's just moving somewhere that more comfortable and convenient for her last years. She's a fairly new window, she's old and she's probably decided to retire from public life as far as possible while remaining monarch. She's never going to say that outright because it will cause massive speculation and "they" don't like that among the general public.

I don't give a buck.

God save the Queen

By *he_massangerMan  over a year ago

Sheringham

"Yet another fake, fear mongering thread "
what fear would that be?