FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cashmere

Cashmere

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I live in a quiet Scottish Borders town Hawick well known for cashmere textiles not been here long, the town was made up in the Victorian era with the railway line from Carlisle to Edinburgh the Waverley line 1853 being the life blood of the town, the place died around 1960s with the closing of the line and the loss of the industry to cheaper countries also cutting off the direct link to Edinburgh.

I love the feminine polo neck jumpers a few of the shops still sell, the price £350 wow and some are £700 you have to hand wash them too, any rich man want to buy me one ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sure but we'll need to share it. Every 2nd Wednesday and Sunday for me.

By *uperjackMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I thought this was going to be a led zeppelin thread.

"I live in a quiet Scottish Borders town Hawick well known for cashmere textiles not been here long, the town was made up in the Victorian era with the railway line from Carlisle to Edinburgh the Waverley line 1853 being the life blood of the town, the place died around 1960s with the closing of the line and the loss of the industry to cheaper countries also cutting off the direct link to Edinburgh.

I love the feminine polo neck jumpers a few of the shops still sell, the price £350 wow and some are £700 you have to hand wash them too, any rich man want to buy me one ? "

You might find it cheaper to buy items from factory shops, especially if they have items that aren’t made to the standard it would need to be for high street shops. I’ve been to a few factory shops over the years, The Woollen Mill being one. I remember my sister bought a jacket for a quarter of the price it would have been in a high street store, simply because it hadn’t been finished properly. Being good at sewing, my sister sorted it.

"I live in a quiet Scottish Borders town Hawick well known for cashmere textiles not been here long, the town was made up in the Victorian era with the railway line from Carlisle to Edinburgh the Waverley line 1853 being the life blood of the town, the place died around 1960s with the closing of the line and the loss of the industry to cheaper countries also cutting off the direct link to Edinburgh.

I love the feminine polo neck jumpers a few of the shops still sell, the price £350 wow and some are £700 you have to hand wash them too, any rich man want to buy me one ?

You might find it cheaper to buy items from factory shops, especially if they have items that aren’t made to the standard it would need to be for high street shops. I’ve been to a few factory shops over the years, The Woollen Mill being one. I remember my sister bought a jacket for a quarter of the price it would have been in a high street store, simply because it hadn’t been finished properly. Being good at sewing, my sister sorted it. "

the woollen mill I think I’ve seen that place while cycling through Jedburgh x Johnstons of Elgin was the place I looked into today gorgeous clothes but the price tag……

"I thought this was going to be a led zeppelin thread. "
I used to live in Kinver near to Rob Plants house his a regular in the village x

"Sure but we'll need to share it. Every 2nd Wednesday and Sunday for me. "
might smell of JPG le belle though x

350 nicker for a jumper

F’k me!

That’s my months food shop bill.

"350 nicker for a jumper

F’k me!

That’s my months food shop bill. "

I know and you can’t put it in the washing machine my dogs would jump up me and pull a thread

"Sure but we'll need to share it. Every 2nd Wednesday and Sunday for me. might smell of JPG le belle though x "

Yeah after I've given it back to you

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"350 nicker for a jumper

F’k me!

That’s my months food shop bill. "

its cashmere used to work in a woolen mill that turned the raw wool into the yarn for weaving & wefting bloody expensive stuff very little waste wool allowed from cashmere and lambs wool bales. would export bobbins of finished dyed yarn all over the world from yorkshire .have victoria beckham and jasper conran on the client list

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

Just get one from M&S for £70 - machine washable ta daaa

» Add a new message to this topic