FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Triple H have retired.

Triple H have retired.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I just had to do this thread as the shocking news came to me as he announced his retirement from the wrestling ring yesterday, he was one of my all time favorite wrestlers among brock lesnar, with his thing "it is all about the game" he quit because of health problems, who else is surprised over his retirement? But understandable as health comes first. I wish for him a speedy recovery, was he also your favorite?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

A great career spanning decades, saw him in the ring many times

Loved the D-generation X era

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He's been more focused on the training/management side of it for years now so I'm not surprised.

Also if your favourite wrestler is Brock Lesnar, you have issues.. everything that's wrong with wrestling today. Just sayin

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

When he came back after his quad injury - the pop…!!!

He was a great heel, a good anti hero at times, and his love for the business is so clear.

Its a shame he has to retire, but he is one of the all time greats.

Hands down one of the best villains WWE ever had. His backstage shenanigans leave a bit of a sour but still a legend.

At 50 he still looks like an absolute tank too.

How's Ted Diabetes these days?

"He's been more focused on the training/management side of it for years now so I'm not surprised.

Also if your favourite wrestler is Brock Lesnar, you have issues.. everything that's wrong with wrestling today. Just sayin "

Present day Cowboy Brock is a bit of laugh though.

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man  over a year ago

newport

And that’s the bottom line cos Stone Cold said so

I love triple h

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I just had to do this thread as the shocking news came to me as he announced his retirement from the wrestling ring yesterday, he was one of my all time favorite wrestlers among brock lesnar, with his thing "it is all about the game" he quit because of health problems, who else is surprised over his retirement? But understandable as health comes first. I wish for him a speedy recovery, was he also your favorite? "

It’s been about a week since the Stephen A Smith interview….. and he hasn’t been around WWE for months since the NXT rebrand and he had his heart event!!

I didn’t love his wrestling but I will thank him for NXT and that he didn’t try to change all the indie wrestlers he brought in

Yep there is an interview online with stephen.a.smith talking about what hes been thru and how very close he was to death

[Removed by poster at 30/03/22 17:41:36]

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

"I just had to do this thread as the shocking news came to me as he announced his retirement from the wrestling ring yesterday, he was one of my all time favorite wrestlers among brock lesnar, with his thing "it is all about the game" he quit because of health problems, who else is surprised over his retirement? But understandable as health comes first. I wish for him a speedy recovery, was he also your favorite? "

I was surprised about his retirement yesterday as he announced last week that he had retired due to a major heart issue that nearly killed him.

C

"A great career spanning decades, saw him in the ring many times

Loved the D-generation X era "

Yes me too, he have have been doing it for decades, good wrestler as well

"He's been more focused on the training/management side of it for years now so I'm not surprised.

Also if your favourite wrestler is Brock Lesnar, you have issues.. everything that's wrong with wrestling today. Just sayin "

Yes, he have been training alot as well

Isn't surprising, he's been back stage for years! He's also old now as far as wrestlers go

By *erverseintentionsMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

The pedigree was a sick finisher and Stephanie McMahon was fit as fuck for a few years...

But Ill always see triple H as a heel so he is great at his job

Stone cold Steve Austin is my favourite though .. broken skull challenge is boss

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

never heard of him

Dave Palumbo did his diet, did you know Shag?

So ends the Attitude Era. With The Rock, Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker and now Triple H all retired the best things about the WWF(E) are gone.

The current crop of talent are bit fit to hold the door open for those that went before.

Is Edge the sole Attitude Era guy still with WWE? I know he wasn't a top name then though.

"Dave Palumbo did his diet, did you know Shag?"
No. I didnt know that. I will watch that too, have you seen it?

It’s because of him that I can’t drink a bottle of water properly

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Triple H had one of the best rise to fame stories of modern wrestling entertainment.

He was the one WWF punished, and punished hard when Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Shawn Michael's, and Tripple H broke kayfab before Nash and Hall left for WCW. Dropped to the bottom of the roster and forced to work his way up again.

Then he and Shawn Michael's created DX to almost single handedly save WWF from being eclipsed and out of business in the Monday night rating wars.

To finally marrying in to the Mcmahon family (details of that are well... Controversial!) but regardless, the man worked and never stopped. Especially after than almost career ending knee injury.

The master of making you love to hate him. Played the heel better than anyone.

One of the greatest, made the attitude era and ruthless aggression era must see viewing.

Technically very gifted and his Mike work will be unparalleled.

DX ... "Are you ready? No I said ARE YOU READY!!!"

By *aulupforitMan  over a year ago

Tynemouth

R.I .P The British Bulldog Davey Boy smith

I was always more a stone cold guy personally

By *wales_hotwifeCouple  over a year ago

cardiff or just passing through

Double G’s still going strong over here though

"Double G’s still going strong over here though "

Yes, they are

"It’s because of him that I can’t drink a bottle of water properly "

Haha I’m like that with stone cold

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

Completely retired or would he still be with the company in a different role not on camera. He's definitely a legend and he's passionate about the business. I'll be very suprise if he completely leaves it all behind though

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I'm not surprised, he had a recent heart issue that was serious enough that he had to be hopitalised and he had transitioned into a backstage role for quite a while. It's a shame he could have his retirement match like most legends do but the best thing is that he's now in good health

"It’s because of him that I can’t drink a bottle of water properly

Haha I’m like that with stone cold "

If someone drops a pint glass in a bar I start belting out him entrance music

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Thought he already had and moved over to the booking side to be honest.

"Completely retired or would he still be with the company in a different role not on camera. He's definitely a legend and he's passionate about the business. I'll be very suprise if he completely leaves it all behind though "
he is one of the execs so he will still work in the offices scouting talent and growing the brand is what he said

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

"Triple H had one of the best rise to fame stories of modern wrestling entertainment.

He was the one WWF punished, and punished hard when Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Shawn Michael's, and Tripple H broke kayfab before Nash and Hall left for WCW. Dropped to the bottom of the roster and forced to work his way up again. "

Interesting point on that, before he was punished, he was due to win King of the Ring and go on to do a program with Shawn Michaels. Since he lost that push, the person who ended up winning King of the Ring was none other than Stone Cold Steve Austin who cut his famous "Austin 3:16" promo. I find that ripple effect just insane!

By *oystick-MCRMan  over a year ago

Manchester | London

It’s time to play the game

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

In his early days as Hunter Hearst Helmsley, not so good. Later, however, his performances mean he'll go down as one of the best. Fantastic wrestler, right up there with The Hitman and Mr Perfect.

"Triple H had one of the best rise to fame stories of modern wrestling entertainment.

He was the one WWF punished, and punished hard when Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Shawn Michael's, and Tripple H broke kayfab before Nash and Hall left for WCW. Dropped to the bottom of the roster and forced to work his way up again.

Interesting point on that, before he was punished, he was due to win King of the Ring and go on to do a program with Shawn Michaels. Since he lost that push, the person who ended up winning King of the Ring was none other than Stone Cold Steve Austin who cut his famous "Austin 3:16" promo. I find that ripple effect just insane! "

talk about your psalms...

By *icola2202Couple  over a year ago

Chatham

Not too surprised as he's like 50

Liverpool

Interesting point on that, before he was punished, he was due to win King of the Ring and go on to do a program with Shawn Michaels. Since he lost that push, the person who ended up winning King of the Ring was none other than Stone Cold Steve Austin who cut his famous "Austin 3:16" promo. I find that ripple effect just insane! "

Indeed. That punishment being the catalyst for WWE's (and wrestling entertainment's) greatest era.

To think, instead of WWE absorbing the majority of other big franchises, it may have gone out of business if Triple H had not been punished.

By *aughty_Smooth_OperatorMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

The Game is up

Then he and Shawn Michael's created DX to almost single handedly save WWF from being eclipsed and out of business in the Monday night rating wars.

To finally marrying in to the Mcmahon family (details of that are well... Controversial!) but regardless, the man worked and never stopped. Especially after than almost career ending knee injury.

The master of making you love to hate him. Played the heel better than anyone. "

What was the marriage controversy? I thought him and Stephanie were only pretend together.

They're still married.

It's sad but I'm glad he's giving up. Some seem to ignore medical advice and carry on.

"I just had to do this thread as the shocking news came to me as he announced his retirement from the wrestling ring yesterday, he was one of my all time favorite wrestlers among brock lesnar, with his thing "it is all about the game" he quit because of health problems, who else is surprised over his retirement? But understandable as health comes first. I wish for him a speedy recovery, was he also your favorite?

It's sad but I'm glad he's giving up. Some seem to ignore medical advice and carry on.

"

Yes it is and same, bit sad too, it is good he retired from it to rest the body, cos wrestling is also very taxing on the body as well, more so at older age

I kinda stopped watching after the attitude era but DX were one of my favourite groups

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man  over a year ago

newport

"It’s because of him that I can’t drink a bottle of water properly

Haha I’m like that with stone cold

If someone drops a pint glass in a bar I start belting out him entrance music "

Open up a can of whoop arse

Liverpool

The master of making you love to hate him. Played the heel better than anyone.

What was the marriage controversy? I thought him and Stephanie were only pretend together.

They're still married. "

All sorts of shit happened involving that.

Started off with apparently Randy Savage and Steph had a (rumoured) underage thing going on. Then, I actually forget the major details exactly, but there was questionable reasons for them dating, HHH potentially doing it for his carer and backstage pull, it was essentially viewed as not genuine for a good while - backstage that is.

» Add a new message to this topic