FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > how many times have you been in love?

how many times have you been in love?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have been married 3 times, but not sure I loved my second wife. So reckon its 4 times for me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe twice but I'm not sure. Not certain I've ever been in love.

Lust, yes. Infatuation, yes. And I've loved being in a relationship, twice. I'm not convinced I was actually in love with the people themselves.

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

Oh God, I was in love with all my girlfriends

Got dumped by most of 'em too

Being in love is great, but it hurts like hell when the love runs out

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

love 3 times.. lust a couple thats all

Defo just once for me and I'm sitting right next to him! never loved any man till I meet the 1 I have now and hope to have him the rest of my life,he's sexy filthy charming and he's all mine!!!

By *toneblueMan  over a year ago

Southampton

Never with anyone I've actually been with. Perhaps it's a touch of the Groucho Marx syndrome...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

twice, the first guy l lived with and jay. it wasnt like a proper love witi my husband. so twice in in 47 years

[Removed by poster at 26/10/12 22:36:35]

By *hynottsCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

once and still with her after 33 years 30 married and still love her

i have never been in love

I got married because i became pregnant not because i loved him, i never loved my hubby infact i spent many years resenting him for wasting my life

We did split in the end, it was never going to last forever, but now i feel its to late, im pushing 40 and i have 3 kids so i dont think love will ever be on the cards for me, noone going to take on 4 lots of PMT lets be honest lol

not that im bothered to be honest, you dont miss what you have never had and ive never been happier being on my own i think single life suits me much better

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I have been in love twice.. I thought I was in love a few times but to me them times after I thought about it was lust...

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

2.5 times precisely.....dont ask!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"2.5 times precisely.....dont ask! "

Femme loved a midget, Femme loved a midget, Femme loved a midget, Femme loved a midget, Femme loved a midget, Femme loved a midget, Femme loved a midget, Femme loved a midget

By *toneblueMan  over a year ago

Southampton

"i have never been in love

I got married because i became pregnant not because i loved him, i never loved my hubby infact i spent many years resenting him for wasting my life

We did split in the end, it was never going to last forever, but now i feel its to late, im pushing 40 and i have 3 kids so i dont think love will ever be on the cards for me, noone going to take on 4 lots of PMT lets be honest lol

not that im bothered to be honest, you dont miss what you have never had and ive never been happier being on my own i think single life suits me much better "

Yeah, we both only have another 40 years left so what are the chances, lol? Being single is great I agree, but I still hope to experience being in love if there really is such a thing.

By *azmissy67Woman  over a year ago

welshpool area

Well apart from Adam Ant I've only loved one other person - my ex hubby!

Must admit the word love is a taboo word with me

never been in love

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Three..... if you don't count shoes.

"Three..... if you don't count shoes."

Hahaha!

I love three people my hubby and 2 beautiful children xx

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

wow...

Forum Mod

Only once and sometimes he gets on my tits big time

Lust is a whole other matter though!

Only once felt true thunderbolt of love, when my son was born. I'm 42 now and still hopeful that one day I will feel that thunderbolt with a genuine, decent, honest, sexy, lovely man.

Hull

so many shoes,..so little time....

I'll let you know moments before I die when I look back on my life and the person I think I love is still there as I go. That's the only time I'll ever really know for sure. Certainly nobody from my past.

I want to experience love so I have kids and someone I can call my best friend..

Forum Mod

"I'll let you know moments before I die when I look back on my life and the person I think I love is still there as I go. That's the only time I'll ever really know for sure. Certainly nobody from my past."

You're a toughie you are

"I want to experience love so I have kids and someone I can call my best friend.. "

"I want to experience love so I have kids and someone I can call my best friend.. "

i dont class the way i feel about my kids as being in love

i love my kids with all my heart but im not in love with them

An very lucky as my best friend is my 1st love my only love for giving me my 2 gorgeous babies x

"I'll let you know moments before I die when I look back on my life and the person I think I love is still there as I go. That's the only time I'll ever really know for sure. Certainly nobody from my past.

You're a toughie you are "

Not as tough as I appear. There was a girl once, many years ago, and it hurt when we split and I thought I loved her but I now know looking back that it wasn't really love. I'm a firm believer in love that is unquestioned, it's just there, always, but you can only know that right at the end.

Forum Mod

"I'll let you know moments before I die when I look back on my life and the person I think I love is still there as I go. That's the only time I'll ever really know for sure. Certainly nobody from my past.

You're a toughie you are

Not as tough as I appear. There was a girl once, many years ago, and it hurt when we split and I thought I loved her but I now know looking back that it wasn't really love. I'm a firm believer in love that is unquestioned, it's just there, always, but you can only know that right at the end. "

In a strange way I actually inderstand where you're coming from

Hull

Oh no I knew......within weeks of meeting him....years later he still took my breathe away when he walked in the room....unconditional love is a wonderful thing..but only when reciprocated....

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I feel bad now.. but realise im twice as old as most of you..

first love 17 lasted 3 years ..

second love OH lasted 30 years dissipated into a friendship 41 years total ..spose its still there really . 3rd..probably lust.. but no its lasted too long for that most likely 5/6th me and 1/6th him.

Oh well.

Only the once my first love but not too sure if I have ever been loved x

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

I really can't believe all these people saying only two or three times! Unless that is, they never "fell in love" when they were teenagers! Surely, whether you now think it was "real" love or not, at the time it was the be-all and end-all...

I have loved every girl I went out with! Not every girl I have had sex with or were mates with, just those who I had a romantic relationship with or I wouldn't have formed that relationship with them!

I can now see that it wasn't like the feelings I have with the lovely Innuendo, but it was love non the less.. I don't have to wait around till the end of my life to know if I am in love, I know it now. Whether she is with me at the end or not, I still love her with a passion... And I hope she continues to love me in the same way xx

"I have been married 3 times, but not sure I loved my second wife. So reckon its 4 times for me "

Apart from "thinking" your in love..and its not...

I can say its only been twice.

and NEVER ever again

I've had 2 long term relationships - 8 years and 7 years. I probably loved them to start with but both times we grew apart rather than together.

It's going to take someone very, very special for me to want another relationship, and it would have to be open rather than monogamous.

I think I thought I was with my ex, but I know that's not true now. So still looking for that special one, and I know when I do it will be so obvious, and will feel so good. I look forward to that time, and all my past experiences will have led me to it. So I dont feel bad for what is and what has been... (Olly + several pints and a few shorts )

"I think I thought I was with my ex, but I know that's not true now. So still looking for that special one, and I know when I do it will be so obvious, and will feel so good. I look forward to that time, and all my past experiences will have led me to it. So I dont feel bad for what is and what has been... (Olly + several pints and a few shorts )"
awwww bless! Your only 28 hun, you've got loads of time!

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"I think I thought I was with my ex, but I know that's not true now. So still looking for that special one, and I know when I do it will be so obvious, and will feel so good. I look forward to that time, and all my past experiences will have led me to it. So I dont feel bad for what is and what has been... (Olly + several pints and a few shorts )"

Awwww Ive got a lump in my throat

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Once not counting children, siblings, parents etc.

I reckon just the once in Love.

Not so sure I would let that happen again.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Like your attitude Olly

Only twice for me.

Once.. wasnt even dating the guy. 4 years id have done anything for him then when i found something inside me to move on thats when he realized he loved me but by then i had detatched myself from him..

"Only twice for me. "

we have only just met honey bunny sugar plum lol xxx

to be honest, even tho i have spent my life either alone or in unhappy marrage, i dont regret a min of it, what happens to us in our lifes shape us and make us who we are today, plus without my ex i wouldnt have my kids and they are worth every unhappy year i spent with him

im just being careful about any future decisions lol

Im happier now ive given up "looking for the one" and now just enjoy peoples company ..I can love someone but not be "in love" and i much prefer that than the other if im honest.

No pain and heartache, just nice friends

"I want to experience love so I have kids and someone I can call my best friend..

i dont class the way i feel about my kids as being in love

i love my kids with all my heart but im not in love with them "

same here

"Only twice for me.

we have only just met honey bunny sugar plum lol xxx "

Mmmmm (huge smiles til cheeks hurt)

Honestly for me it's once. I was convinced I never could. Yet when I found it my whole world moved.

Lost that now and honestly not sure I'll ever have that again.

Cali

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

why are people so coy about love.

i have only been in love once,i'm still in love,no matter what happens in the future,i will always know i have had love.

love is not optional,love is not a tick chart,love is not an opinion,love is not a fashion,love should not be denied.

love doesnt come a long often,sometimes you've got to take a chance.;-)

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Twice

not that im bothered to be honest, you dont miss what you have never had and ive never been happier being on my own i think single life suits me much better "

My thoughts exactly, your life mirrors mine

Very similar story to mine although i found love after i left my ex husband, then had my heart ripped out. It would take someone very very special to steal my heart again.

Twice, the first time was the man I've been married to for 31 years! and the second time aged, well best not go there

"I think I thought I was with my ex, but I know that's not true now. So still looking for that special one, and I know when I do it will be so obvious, and will feel so good. I look forward to that time, and all my past experiences will have led me to it. So I dont feel bad for what is and what has been... (Olly + several pints and a few shorts )

to be honest, even tho i have spent my life either alone or in unhappy marrage, i dont regret a min of it, what happens to us in our lifes shape us and make us who we are today, plus without my ex i wouldnt have my kids and they are worth every unhappy year i spent with him

im just being careful about any future decisions lol"

Likewise, and thankyou to the other responses, that is the most replies I have had to one post since I was on here 4 years ago

I know I'm only 28, so plenty of time to find 'the one'. I do hope it happens before my mid 30's though, and that the 6 years I spent before won't hold me back in future, it was somewhat of a kick in the teeth!

I have loved 3 men in my life, lost any respect for my ex husband which ended my marriage, but I cannot change the fact I loved him.

My lovely who made me see how marvelous being totally in love with one another can be.

And one other.

once, still am x

Hmmm twice I think, once in my early twenties and was devastated when we broke up. Had other relationships before i got married at 30. Strangely me ex wife of 12 years I don't feel I ever loved, I was a sperm donor and a pay cheque, but will never regret my two amazing children.

I have recently fallen in love with someone I shouldn't have. I don't believe you can control love or choose it is either there or not. Feel like a 16 year old again all lust and passion and wanting to be with that person 24 hours a day - makes me feel alive....

I totally agree with you BigAsh - falling in love with someone you shouldn't have...

Plenty people i have cared about, bothered about, but loved? On here? Nope!!

i met a man and my heart stopped ..literally , I adored him and him me except for one small thing .... he was married to someone else .. he disappeared ... i was numb , devestated and heartbroken ..i had to pick myself up and brush myself down i spent months crying in my sleep and felt ill ... then i discovered i was pregnant .. alone .. scared .. i decided to go ahead and have the baby alone ..he is the light of my life . fast forward a year and i discover my beautiful man had had a devastating illness which robbed him of his brilliant mind and his memory and that hed been in rehab all this time , when he finally remembered me , he came looking for me , and found me , with our 2 month old son . Love might be a fairytale to some , but for me it was unconditional , I was happy to have had the opportunity to love and wouldnt change a thing .

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

My parents were very strict so we weren't allowed boyfriends. I met my husband whilst walking down the road. It was love at first sight for him...he grew on me.

I'm 52 and only ever been in love once, with my husband.

I truly hope to fall in love again...best feeling in the world to love and be loved.

The more i think about it the more i think this is the first time. I aways say the first guy i lived with cause i was so young and heady but he was an evil bastard. Years passing takes away some of the memories and with him being dead you forget what it was really like.

My ex husband i call it a Surface love, it was a form of love but it never altered just stayed at one level.

With jay i love him more and more each day, sometimes i pine for him, we look so mismatched. But he has completely changed my life around, i also feel so protective of him. Now weve been together 6 years and we still say we are in the honeymoon period, its such a contented feeling

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

once

By *hynottsCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

"I really can't believe all these people saying only two or three times! Unless that is, they never "fell in love" when they were teenagers! Surely, whether you now think it was "real" love or not, at the time it was the be-all and end-all...

I have loved every girl I went out with! Not every girl I have had sex with or were mates with, just those who I had a romantic relationship with or I wouldn't have formed that relationship with them!

I can now see that it wasn't like the feelings I have with the lovely Innuendo, but it was love non the less.. I don't have to wait around till the end of my life to know if I am in love, I know it now. Whether she is with me at the end or not, I still love her with a passion... And I hope she continues to love me in the same way xx"

well with me sue was my first and only love never been with a girl till i met her so yes she was and is my first love and still is not once have i ever wanted to change her im very lucky man never been with another woman till we got in to swinging

I have never been in love and don't think I ever will be, I've kind of given up on that idea now, I think I'm destined to stay single and be in lust every other week when my daughter is at her dads haha

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

Just the once.

I found my fireworks in my late partner.

I cared deeply for my ex-hubby, however, the fireworks were missing.

By *iker BullMan  over a year ago

leeds

"i met a man and my heart stopped ..literally , I adored him and him me except for one small thing .... he was married to someone else .. he disappeared ... i was numb , devestated and heartbroken ..i had to pick myself up and brush myself down i spent months crying in my sleep and felt ill ... then i discovered i was pregnant .. alone .. scared .. i decided to go ahead and have the baby alone ..he is the light of my life . fast forward a year and i discover my beautiful man had had a devastating illness which robbed him of his brilliant mind and his memory and that hed been in rehab all this time , when he finally remembered me , he came looking for me , and found me , with our 2 month old son . Love might be a fairytale to some , but for me it was unconditional , I was happy to have had the opportunity to love and wouldnt change a thing . "
very touching

I can honestly say I don't think I have ever truely been loved.. I have been in love twice in my life.. though I think back and think they really never truely loved me.. I know because one told me he never loved me....It would be a great feeling to be in love again but to know I am loved back will be an even greater feeling for me...

Been in four long term relationships

Two including marriage

Only one with a non swinger ( my daughters mum)

Been head over heels truly in love only twice

My relationship days are now done thou lol

Toooo fookin complicated for an old un now xx

By *imal75Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Once and not sure it will happen again

I usually fall in love everytime I go out and get d*unk x

Only once it took over my life , don't think it'll ever happen again but you never know who's round the next corner.

"I usually fall in love everytime I go out and get d*unk x"
Thats very sweet , lol your a lover man

By *ourbonKissMan  over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

I fell in love with game4it's avatar just now.

"I usually fall in love everytime I go out and get d*unk x Thats very sweet , lol your a lover man "

I never do anything about it lol.

» Add a new message to this topic