FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Boycott companies (Tax)

Boycott companies (Tax)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

No doubt many of you have heard of all the different companies that get away with paying no or little tax.

These companies can earn billions from the customers in this country but still get away it.

I'm sure you can name more but for examples, Boots, Costa, Starbucks, Amazon, Google, Apple, Vodafone etc.

Rich people and big companies not paying a penny, yet the government doesnt want to tax the rich but is happy to tax the hell out of the jobless they made via cuts, the disabled, the elderly and the poor.

Anyone else boycotting these companies and others?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"...

Anyone else boycotting these companies and others?"

No

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"...

No"

Nor I

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"No doubt many of you have heard of all the different companies that get away with paying no or little tax.

These companies can earn billions from the customers in this country but still get away it.

I'm sure you can name more but for examples, Boots, Costa, Starbucks, Amazon, Google, Apple, Vodafone etc.

Rich people and big companies not paying a penny, yet the government doesnt want to tax the rich but is happy to tax the hell out of the jobless they made via cuts, the disabled, the elderly and the poor.

for as much as people like a boycott.... they don't effect the companies at the top... they effect the little people at the bottom...

I may not like it like you... but I am not going to risk other peoples jobs.... I've semi been thru it.... not nice

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

They're not doing anything illegal. Immoral but not illegal. Blame the government for allowing companies to get away with tax avoidance and not plugging loopholes... They're who you should be boycotting.

ps - most of the companies you listed aren't based here so wouldn't be liable for much tax anyway.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"No doubt many of you have heard of all the different companies that get away with paying no or little tax.

Don't think it would make a jot of difference if we did.

It's always been the rich get richer and the poor get poorer will never change.

Especially when you have people who earn £100,000's and you could have 2 people doing that job for less.

Hence less unemployment.

On top of which they then give themselves god knows what in bonuses when it's the smaller men underneth them that's doing all the hard work

If we boycotted all companies on the take, we'd have nowhere left to shop.

As mentioned already these companies are not acting illegally,,

So much like the British tax paying employees of these companies, I like to spend my pounds where I feel they reward me with the best value for the effort I made to attain them…

I do however include an element of morality in what I regard to be fair-trade value and always consider if my intended purchase meets that standard.

So boycotting isnt an option and the government dont listen. Just makes me sick being stuck in a min wage job and being taxed so much im now on one meal a day.

I even went to uni and did further education for 4yrs for nothing.

You see these programs on people in prison, they are far better off than a lot of us.

By *ctavius StuntMan  over a year ago

london

funny, ive seen a lot of scrounger bashing on these forums only peeps seem to be bashing the wrong scroungers. Global corps and big banking are the major parasites. There isnt much point in boycotts, i try to use these institutions as little as possible. The people at real fault tho are the govt. HMRC willingly waives the tax these corps and banking institutions owe.

Don't think it would make a jot of difference if we did.

It's always been the rich get richer and the poor get poorer will never change.

Especially when you have people who earn £100,000's and you could have 2 people doing that job for less.

Hence less unemployment.

On top of which they then give themselves god knows what in bonuses when it's the smaller men underneth them that's doing all the hard work

"

So we just accept that rich people grow richer and poor people grow poorer do we instead of trying to do something about it?

Not this man.

I would love for something to happen, to stand up against the government but most people cant be bothered or feel someone else can stand in their place.

When it comes to voting for the next government, is there any party that really stands out, that will make a change to all this. We just be getting rid of one wanker and replacing with another.

2 or 3 years ago, this issue wasn't even on the agenda outside of a few militant groups. Now it is out there and being talked about. Celebs are being attacked for it as well as the businesses so hopefully the tide is beginning to turn.

Individually or collectively boycotting companies potentially risks the immediate employment of their British workers….

We live in a country which elects its government,,,,, Its up to us as British citizens to impress upon our political parties that to gain our votes they must do more than just demonstrate the will to change policies and minimise the loop-holes that allow immoral corporate tax avoidance in a manner that won’t harm job prospects in this country…

Thats the problem, their are no parties people really want to vote for anymore, so many people end up not voting and we get a government like this.

What we need is a new party, a Truth party that tries to be fair to all, obviously we know cuts will happen but at least make it fairer. And not a government run by rich people who will only benefit the rich.

london

We do not have a democracy in the uk. The uk is nothing more than a PLC. The labour party is a registered business trading under the name of Alisdaire Darling MP. Darling has diplomatic stautus which also gives the labour party LTD the same status. Virtually all police stations and magistrates courts are registred companys. As far as which party to vote for, well we have a duopoly, labour orconservative.

A choice of two who are all but one and the same. The country is apparently in debt so are MP's deciding how the country is run or is that being decided by those we are in debt to ? My personal belief is that the country was sold decades ago and parliament is merely a front.

Totally agree with you. The way things are going, more and more cuts to come.

london

"Totally agree with you. The way things are going, more and more cuts to come.

"

Thanks its not often i'm agreed with

And yes, you are right. So far only 20% of proposed cuts have been implemented.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

didnt george osborne promise,loopholes would be plugged,and all companies no matter how big,would be forced to pay tax,in proportion to their profits.

could be he's working hard behind the scenes,and these loopholes will soon be plugged.

or is it more plausible,that his promises were just another tory sound bite,lacking any substance or intention.

"didnt george osborne promise,loopholes would be plugged,and all companies no matter how big,would be forced to pay tax,in proportion to their profits.

could be he's working hard behind the scenes,and these loopholes will soon be plugged.

or is it more plausible,that his promises were just another tory sound bite,lacking any substance or intention. "

He did but like many talk is cheap actions are not.

london

"didnt george osborne promise,loopholes would be plugged,and all companies no matter how big,would be forced to pay tax,in proportion to their profits.

or is it more plausible,that his promises were just another tory sound bite,lacking any substance or intention. "

Considering he and HMRC just let goldman sachs and vodafone to name just two corps off of tens of millions in tax i dont have much faith.

» Add a new message to this topic