FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Work experience tales

Work experience tales

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ickshawed OP   Couple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

At a recent get together with friends we got chatting about work experience. Decades ago for us, but I believe kids still do it.

Anyhow, mine was a perfectly boring week. But one friend of mine worked in a nursery and caught headlice. And another friend worked in the office of one of our teachers husband's. And she caught Mr H shagging his secretary. We didn't tell our teacher Mrs H.

Any sordid or funny tales out there?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not funny. Worked in the school my Nan was the head at so basically cheated. Loved it. And it was easy.

I didn't have a work experience week. I feel deprived.

By *oystick-MCRMan  over a year ago

Manchester | London

Spent one summer working for repair shop. DVD player face was smashed and the guy gave me a tip and said to call him directly when fixed. The DVD inside titled Big Wet Tits 4. To ensure the product was working as expected I hit the play button

First work experience, I worked in an Office for two weeks. I have never been so bored. I was virtually crying by the end of the first week. I have a healthy respect to those who choose that work style, it's just not for me.

Second work experience was better, I went to work for a whole foods Wholesalers in Inverness, stock take, labels, shop, deliveries even orders. I was almost disappointed that it came to an end.

Not a funny one, but I applied to do mine with a game keeper, up until about two weeks before, I was told I couldn't by my school, due to insurance reasons as a good few years before some idiot had half inched a shotgun out of his vehicle

I ended up doing work experience at a cinema which turned out to be a pretty fun week

My teacher visited and I made her and my boss tea from the hot water urn thingy I'd seen everyone else use all week.

It hadn't been on. So the two cups I made for them were cold

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I worked in a pet shop I Northampton. Just as I started the owners mum sadly passed away so I was left with the assistant. During my time there he made me kill a parrot who admittedly had a lot of health issues, experienced hamsters managing their own population (babies one day, none the next), git bitten by one of the hamsters and ended up flinging him across the room trying to get him off, witnessed the owner stamp on a wild mouse, and got propositioned by said assistant

When I was on work experience I went back to my old primary school. I enjoyed messing around with all kids, building friendships, making them laugh, playing outdoors and doing crafts with them.

One lunchtime a couple of dinner ladies accused me of being on school property when I shouldn't be there, they obviously didn't know I was on work experience. They made a huge scene with whistles blowing and shouted at me to leave the grounds. The kids rallied around me but to no avail.

I returned to my comprehensive school and was told to see my head master. He informed me that a protest by all the juniors took place after I left, they all refused to leave the playing field until I was brought back... how absolutely amazing kids are

I was totally and utterly crushed, the fact that my words were not enough to defend myself and I felt helpless. I was not quite 15 years old and my dream of being a teacher ended that day.

My head master was awesome and so supportive but my mind was changed that day.

NBVN x

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

I worked at Dixons for 2 weeks…first week was getting to know the products and the second week was on the floor trying to sell.

It made me never want to work in a shop, so that was good experience

My school friend who done it with me got the bug and went to work for Dixons after leaving school, so it was a good way to get a job.

K

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I did my work experience at Admiralty House, for the navy.

Got to spend Trafalgar day on the Victory.

Got told I was too pretty to be a wren and confirmed I didn't like taking orders, all that yes sir no sir crap

Had at least 3 of the guys hit on me despite only being 15.

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

There really wasn't much choice in the small town I grew up in, so I ended up working at a small primary school.

It was actually a lot of fun, and I enjoyed helping the kids with the three r's

Best of all was sports, because the three teachers were all ladies and knew nothing about cricket, so I got to coach the lads and they were eternally grateful

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I worked in a vets, it was fun. I saw a lot of surgery, cleaned up quite a lot and leaned how to use an autoclave. It encouraged me to continue with my career plan (super boring answer )

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I didn't have a work experience week. I feel deprived."

You were

» Add a new message to this topic