FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Domesticated Animals

Domesticated Animals

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Today we have dogs and cats and Tom wonders what early mankind animals were chosen to be domesticated. Was there a very early version of our sheep and goats. Early dogs would still be wolves do not sure they could be tamed. There is an early wolf called a Dire Wolf I think. The biggest and most ferocious wolf. What did early man breed with these buggers to tame them

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Time travellers came from the 21st century and spliced their genes. Knowing that in 2025 the horror would be unleashed and your cute little pooch will become a shark with friggin' lasers

Chelmsford

Did early man domesticate small dinosaurs ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Did early man domesticate small dinosaurs ?"

Yeah, sure, why not.

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Well someone had to teach the t-rex's how to hold a machine gun

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Yes haven't you seen The Flintstones?

No but he caught the bird that was going to catch the worm.

And because of that, we were able to develop and create our soil.

Let's face it - the ability to soil ourselves is what sets us apart from the animals.

Seeing as we share 50% of our DNA with a banana anything is possible

Domestic chickens are a direct descendant of Dinosaurs and are in fact relations of the fearsome T-Rex. Remains of very ancient chicken DNA have actually been found at some branches of Nandos.

" Seeing as we share 50% of our DNA with a banana anything is possible "

Which 50% is it? Is it the skin?

I think it's the skin.

I am pretty sure a wolf from 2 to 3 thousand years ago would look at what humans have done to get some of the dogs of today and cry.

FYI sheep az we know it come from an animal that is called a mouflon and goats from an animal called ibex. Both still exist.

I know this is meant to be funny but I can't let it pass without saying, dinosaurs were extinct for 65 million years before our ancestors crawled out of the swamps. (sorry I couldn't rest if I didn't say lol)

Manchester (she/her)

"Domestic chickens are a direct descendant of Dinosaurs and are in fact relations of the fearsome T-Rex. Remains of very ancient chicken DNA have actually been found at some branches of Nandos."

Nando's Park - the T Rex's Revenge

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I am pretty sure a wolf from 2 to 3 thousand years ago would look at what humans have done to get some of the dogs of today and cry.

FYI sheep az we know it come from an animal that is called a mouflon and goats from an animal called ibex. Both still exist.

"

To be fair, I think a wolf from any time would look at a domestic dog and think "lunch".

Cal

Chelmsford

"Did early man domesticate small dinosaurs ?

I know this is meant to be funny but I can't let it pass without saying, dinosaurs were extinct for 65 million years before our ancestors crawled out of the swamps. (sorry I couldn't rest if I didn't say lol) "

Not sure that's true.

We are discovering more as time goes on...man lived with dinosaurs and dinosaurs lived with man.. maybe not homo sapiens but our close relatives..

Manchester (she/her)

"I am pretty sure a wolf from 2 to 3 thousand years ago would look at what humans have done to get some of the dogs of today and cry.

To be fair, I think a wolf from any time would look at a domestic dog and think "lunch".

Cal"

So the wolves, rather than the asleeple sheeple, are those who eat dogs?

Is European culture lagging behind?

Is it all over the news?

By *ananas57Couple  over a year ago

lake ariel

" Seeing as we share 50% of our DNA with a banana anything is possible "

What’s wrong with bananas

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I know this is meant to be funny but I can't let it pass without saying, dinosaurs were extinct for 65 million years before our ancestors crawled out of the swamps. (sorry I couldn't rest if I didn't say lol)

Not sure that's true.

We are discovering more as time goes on...man lived with dinosaurs and dinosaurs lived with man.. maybe not homo sapiens but our close relatives.. "

Australopithecus existed maybe 11 million years ago. Still 50-odd million years removed from the dinosaurs

Manchester (she/her)

Not sure that's true.

We are discovering more as time goes on...man lived with dinosaurs and dinosaurs lived with man.. maybe not homo sapiens but our close relatives..

Australopithecus existed maybe 11 million years ago. Still 50-odd million years removed from the dinosaurs "

Australian you say? Probably lying about their age to get some sort of benefits. Convicts after all.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

Not sure that's true.

We are discovering more as time goes on...man lived with dinosaurs and dinosaurs lived with man.. maybe not homo sapiens but our close relatives.. "

Close relative? You mean like my Uncle Brian

"Close relative? You mean like my Uncle Brian "

That is so Brian.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

"Close relative? You mean like my Uncle Brian

That is so Brian."

Him and his frickin lasers

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

" Seeing as we share 50% of our DNA with a banana anything is possible

I think it's the skin."

Is that why you're so a-peel-ing?

Chelmsford

Not sure that's true.

Australopithecus existed maybe 11 million years ago. Still 50-odd million years removed from the dinosaurs

Australian you say? Probably lying about their age to get some sort of benefits. Convicts after all."

Most early settlers to Australia were sent on ships from England after breaking the law .. I wonder if these lawless descendants have it in their blood..

Manchester (she/her)

Not sure that's true.

Australian you say? Probably lying about their age to get some sort of benefits. Convicts after all.

Most early settlers to Australia were sent on ships from England after breaking the law .. I wonder if these lawless descendants have it in their blood.. "

Well, yes, Tom, that is what I was saying

"Today we have dogs and cats and Tom wonders what early mankind animals were chosen to be domesticated. Was there a very early version of our sheep and goats. Early dogs would still be wolves do not sure they could be tamed. There is an early wolf called a Dire Wolf I think. The biggest and most ferocious wolf. What did early man breed with these buggers to tame them "

Early dogs were never wolves. Just like wild dogs in Australia (Dingoes) are not wolves

Goats were probably the first animals to be domesticated closely followed by sheep. The oldest living breed of sheep are the Jacob sheep.

In murals drawn on cave walls there is evidence that early man domesticated horses, dogs for hunting.

"Time travellers came from the 21st century and spliced their genes. Knowing that in 2025 the horror would be unleashed and your cute little pooch will become a shark with friggin' lasers"

I want to be in your world. Love this

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Domestic chickens are a direct descendant of Dinosaurs and are in fact relations of the fearsome T-Rex. Remains of very ancient chicken DNA have actually been found at some branches of Nandos."

I used to have a Budgie that I called Terry, short for pterodactyl

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Today we have dogs and cats and Tom wonders what early mankind animals were chosen to be domesticated. Was there a very early version of our sheep and goats. Early dogs would still be wolves do not sure they could be tamed. There is an early wolf called a Dire Wolf I think. The biggest and most ferocious wolf. What did early man breed with these buggers to tame them "

Pretty sure they probably tamed themselves.

Once they'd realised man had evolved enough to be hunter/gatherers there was no need for the wolves to hunt themselves as Homer Sapien would just nip down the shops and get them a tin of pedigree chum.

So they naturally became domesticated, lazy fuckers that lay around all day shitting in peoples gardens and chasing cats.

A

Manchester (she/her)

"Time travellers came from the 21st century and spliced their genes. Knowing that in 2025 the horror would be unleashed and your cute little pooch will become a shark with friggin' lasers

I want to be in your world. Love this "

My brain is a weird and wonderful place

Manchester (she/her)

"Today we have dogs and cats and Tom wonders what early mankind animals were chosen to be domesticated. Was there a very early version of our sheep and goats. Early dogs would still be wolves do not sure they could be tamed. There is an early wolf called a Dire Wolf I think. The biggest and most ferocious wolf. What did early man breed with these buggers to tame them

Once they'd realised man had evolved enough to be hunter/gatherers there was no need for the wolves to hunt themselves as Homer Sapien would just nip down the shops and get them a tin of pedigree chum.

So they naturally became domesticated, lazy fuckers that lay around all day shitting in peoples gardens and chasing cats.

A"

Dogs are the ultimate welfare scroungers

Chelmsford

Not sure that's true.

Most early settlers to Australia were sent on ships from England after breaking the law .. I wonder if these lawless descendants have it in their blood..

Well, yes, Tom, that is what I was saying "

I am serious...they used to put Australians who broke the law back on ships and sent them to Australia ... That was how it was then and some only stole a loaf of bread

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Today we have dogs and cats and Tom wonders what early mankind animals were chosen to be domesticated. Was there a very early version of our sheep and goats. Early dogs would still be wolves do not sure they could be tamed. There is an early wolf called a Dire Wolf I think. The biggest and most ferocious wolf. What did early man breed with these buggers to tame them

A

Dogs are the ultimate welfare scroungers"

Yep.

Cats may be dicks but they're not pigs like dogs.

A

Manchester (she/her)

Not sure that's true.

I am serious...they used to put Australians who broke the law back on ships and sent them to Australia ... That was how it was then and some only stole a loaf of bread "

They put British people on ships. And the Irish and people from other colonies.

I realise you might have a specific image in mind, but it doesn't make any sense in early colonial Australian history. (Plus, I suspect the image you have in mind also lacks any crimes, just a wish )

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Not sure that's true.

I am serious...they used to put Australians who broke the law back on ships and sent them to Australia ... That was how it was then and some only stole a loaf of bread

I realise you might have a specific image in mind, but it doesn't make any sense in early colonial Australian history. (Plus, I suspect the image you have in mind also lacks any crimes, just a wish )"

Surely they must have put some Australians on the ships too though.....otherwise Australia wouldn't be full of Australians?

What's going on?

A

Manchester (she/her)

Not sure that's true.

I realise you might have a specific image in mind, but it doesn't make any sense in early colonial Australian history. (Plus, I suspect the image you have in mind also lacks any crimes, just a wish )

Surely they must have put some Australians on the ships too though.....otherwise Australia wouldn't be full of Australians?

What's going on?

A"

A conspiracy. A rip in the time space continuum.

I blame sharks with friggin' lasers

Chelmsford

Australians lived in England. They broke the law like the buggers they are and were sent back on ships ..

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Australians lived in England. They broke the law like the buggers they are and were sent back on ships .. "

Too much Fosters I reckon?

They didn't give a XXXX for our laws.

A

Manchester (she/her)

"Australians lived in England. They broke the law like the buggers they are and were sent back on ships .. "

No, Tom, the convict experiment lasted between 1788 and the mid to late 19th century.

Australia became a country in 1901, the 20th century.

I'm afraid the terrible criminal elements, the buggers, committing crimes in England, were overwhelmingly English.

It's all over the history books.

Manchester (she/her)

"Australians lived in England. They broke the law like the buggers they are and were sent back on ships ..

Too much Fosters I reckon?

They didn't give a XXXX for our laws.

A"

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Australians lived in England. They broke the law like the buggers they are and were sent back on ships ..

No, Tom, the convict experiment lasted between 1788 and the mid to late 19th century.

I'm afraid the terrible criminal elements, the buggers, committing crimes in England, were overwhelmingly English.

It's all over the history books."

You can't trust books though can you?

I mean there's this really popular one that says we're all descended from a couple that had two sons! Kinky fuckers!!

People write all sorts of stuff to try and convince people they're telling the truth.

If all the people shipped to Australia were English then it would be full of Engish people - not Australians?

You're not convincing me on this one.....

A

Manchester (she/her)

I mean there's this really popular one that says we're all descended from a couple that had two sons! Kinky fuckers!!

People write all sorts of stuff to try and convince people they're telling the truth.

If all the people shipped to Australia were English then it would be full of Engish people - not Australians?

A"

Such a book should be burned. And all traces of it, the buildings, the traditions, the Songs of Praise - should be banned from any civilised society.

Some buggers even teach this disgusting perversion to children. And claim it as tradition!

Maybe they should be shipped somewhere unpleasant and left to rot there

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

Such a book should be burned. And all traces of it, the buildings, the traditions, the Songs of Praise - should be banned from any civilised society.

Some buggers even teach this disgusting perversion to children. And claim it as tradition!

Maybe they should be shipped somewhere unpleasant and left to rot there"

Good plan.

Not Australia though - it's nice there.

Maybe America? I hear they like that sort of weird shit, especially down south......

A

Chelmsford

I am no fan of these Ozzie types.. all they seem to do is say how great Oz is but hang around here like a bad smell...

These buggers want a republic well give them one and buy them all a one way ticket.

Manchester (she/her)

"I am no fan of these Ozzie types.. all they seem to do is say how great Oz is but hang around here like a bad smell...

These buggers want a republic well give them one and buy them all a one way ticket.

"

But did they domesticate the dinosaurs before they stank the place up, lying about their age?

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I am no fan of these Ozzie types.. all they seem to do is say how great Oz is but hang around here like a bad smell...

But did they domesticate the dinosaurs before they stank the place up, lying about their age?"

This thread has gone off on a tangent.

Shocking.

Back to domesticated anumals....please!

Tom. I reckon the first to be tamed were probably ducks. They may well have been much larger than they are now, with huge teeth designed to rip flesh from bone. But as it's been proved dinosaurs evolved into birds I suspect ducks were one of the first domesticated dinosaurs.

Being aquatic they were probably more of a shark/duck crossover initially though.

Ducks the size of sharks. Fucking scary though that.............

A

Chelmsford

But did they domesticate the dinosaurs before they stank the place up, lying about their age?"

Australia is a tiny island on the South Pacific and not sure they have found many dinosaur bones there..

Chelmsford

But did they domesticate the dinosaurs before they stank the place up, lying about their age?

Shocking.

Tom. I reckon the first to be tamed were probably ducks. They may well have been much larger than they are now, with huge teeth designed to rip flesh from bone. But as it's been proved dinosaurs evolved into birds I suspect ducks were one of the first domesticated dinosaurs.

Being aquatic they were probably more of a shark/duck crossover initially though.

A"

Really?

" Seeing as we share 50% of our DNA with a banana anything is possible

I think it's the skin."

no thats the simpsons

"

Interestingly every pub in London is now staffed by Australians.

Back behind bars where they belong!

Manchester (she/her)

Australia is a tiny island on the South Pacific and not sure they have found many dinosaur bones there.. "

Australians are wily creatures. Maybe they fraudulently obscured their identity as British scientists, domesticating dinosaurs, planting secret robots with friggin' lasers ready to destroy civilisation in *checks watch* oh shit take cover everyone

Australia is a tiny island on the South Pacific and not sure they have found many dinosaur bones there..

Australians are wily creatures. Maybe they fraudulently obscured their identity as British scientists, domesticating dinosaurs, planting secret robots with friggin' lasers ready to destroy civilisation in *checks watch* oh shit take cover everyone"

They were in league with aliens. Probably.

Thats where the lasers came from.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Shocking.

A

Really?"

Fuck yeah.

Shark sized ducks, roaming the oceans (particularly around Australia) eating all the fish and other soon to be domesticated mammals.

Eventually they spent more time on land and became smaller.

What should have happened is that the sharks also shrunk to the size of ducks, but given that taming aquatic sealife is notoriously difficult (Free Willy is pure bullshit - killer whales are just that - killers!) they stayed the same size and many grew much bigger (think Jaws only larger) and man couldn't be arsed to try and tame them. Man decided instead to eat them, hence Tuna became a popular dish for newly domesticated wild cats.

True story.

A

Manchester (she/her)

Australians are wily creatures. Maybe they fraudulently obscured their identity as British scientists, domesticating dinosaurs, planting secret robots with friggin' lasers ready to destroy civilisation in *checks watch* oh shit take cover everyone

Thats where the lasers came from. "

Australians built the pyramids too?

Australians built the pyramids too?"

Well no the aliens did that.

If the aussies tried building g pyramids, they would have been made of corrugated tin

Manchester (she/her)

Australians built the pyramids too?

Well no the aliens did that.

If the aussies tried building g pyramids, they would have been made of corrugated tin"

With corks on strings.

*Nods sagely*

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

This thread has made me cackle in a most unbecoming fashion. Well played, everyone!

Mrs TMN x

"This thread has made me cackle in a most unbecoming fashion. Well played, everyone!

Mrs TMN x"

This is serious shit .... do t know why you ate laughing!

» Add a new message to this topic