FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Who do you genuinely admire and why...

Who do you genuinely admire and why...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Could be anybody from your next door neighbour, a realtive, a colleague or even a celebrity. I am curious to hear what people admire in others and what makes them want to be like that person?

Lighthearted and/or serious post welcome

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I've admired your photos several times....

"I've admired your photos several times...."
Aw, thanks for that - and btw (and I am not doing this to reciprocate ok) I admire some of your posts especially on issues relating to the economy.

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Myself because I'm amazing, fantastic and modest with it.

Brighton - even Hove!

"I've admired your photos several times....Aw, thanks for that - and btw (and I am not doing this to reciprocate ok) I admire some of your posts especially on issues relating to the economy. "

Thankyou. From a sexy economist x

"Myself because I'm amazing, fantastic and modest with it. "

I am so sorry... I should have named the thread "Why are we all admiring Invictus" - my humble apologies

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I admire my late father, and I also admire myself, yes that sounds egoistical, but people do say they admire me for various battles or hurdles I have overcome in life.

I think it is good to big yourself up at times

BUM! Literally, he's beaten me to it

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

my mother as shes the strongest woman i know

Brighton - even Hove!

That's sounds more like the "ad" bit... What about the "mire" bit?

"I admire my late father, and I also admire myself, yes that sounds egoistical, but people do say they admire me for various battles or hurdles I have overcome in life.

I think it is good to big yourself up at times "

I admire my own father, too and continues to be a role model in many ways.

Nothing wrong with a healthy self respect and appreciating some of the hurdles you have clearly overcome. Nothing at all and in my world it is not egotistical at all.

"my mother as shes the strongest woman i know"

I admire strength too - presumably you are referring to an (inner kind) strength of character?

I admire my late grandfather for being a true gentleman.

I admire my late grandmother for being sick a strong woman.

I admire Muhammad Ali for his stance on racial inequality

I admire Superman for always picking himself up and fighting on after a bout of krytoniteosis

"I admire my late grandfather for being a true gentleman.

I admire Superman for always picking himself up and fighting on after a bout of krytoniteosis "

I admire anybody who can wear a union jack on his bum and still look manly Sorry I could not resist

I admire my kids, they never cease to amaze me, with their work ethic, their sense of justice and just how downright brilliant they are.

Never hurts to praise and admire your kids achievements, no matter how old or young they are.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

DISCLAIMER - This is a serious post from me - Aphro, brace yourself before reading...You have been warned

Anyone who works in the care industry - looking after ill or disabled people is something I admire greatly as the majority of these wonderful people work long hours for little financial reward - not something I could do as I'm squeamish and impatient

Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh - a lifetimes gracious service to the people of this country

On here, gotta be View for his balanced comments and unfailingly nice posts (though I do have a mental picture of him posting nice things then sticking pins in a voodoo forumite doll...)

My list could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that

"On here, gotta be View for his balanced comments and unfailingly nice posts (though I do have a mental picture of him posting nice things then sticking pins in a voodoo forumite doll..."

PMSL!!!!

"DISCLAIMER - This is a serious post from me - Aphro, brace yourself before reading...You have been warned

Anyone who works in the care industry - looking after ill or disabled people is something I admire greatly as the majority of these wonderful people work long hours for little financial reward - not something I could do as I'm squeamish and impatient

Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh - a lifetimes gracious service to the people of this country

On here, gotta be View for his balanced comments and unfailingly nice posts (though I do have a mental picture of him posting nice things then sticking pins in a voodoo forumite doll...)

My list could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that "

I actually agree with you on the people who work in the care industry. As I dont know View's voodoo doll collection - heck you could be starting a rumour here....) I cant comment. Yours sincerely

Aphro

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I admire myself from getting myself off living on the streets (i was a rough sleeper) to getting a flat which then led me into employment which i had been out of for a while..to then where i am now in a fairly well paid job...its been a rough road.. however i admire my parents who stuck by me when i was at my lowest dependant on drugs and going nowhere but in abusive relationships and self destruction ...

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

I admire most of my family for various reasons and attributes . My mother is my rock, always steadfast. My father is the north to my moral compass. All of my grandparents for there wisdom and worldly knowledge. My sister and brother for helping me up when I fall and making my life easier than what it would be without them.

Most of all my daughter who loves without bounds and can make me smile with a simple morning Dad I love you.

"I admire myself from getting myself off living on the streets (i was a rough sleeper) to getting a flat which then led me into employment which i had been out of for a while..to then where i am now in a fairly well paid job...its been a rough road.. however i admire my parents who stuck by me when i was at my lowest dependant on drugs and going nowhere but in abusive relationships and self destruction ..."
If there were an award to be given here - I would sincerely award that to you. Success in life is easier for some than others... but dragging yourself up has got to be the hardest. Well done, you!

dudley

"I admire myself from getting myself off living on the streets (i was a rough sleeper) to getting a flat which then led me into employment which i had been out of for a while..to then where i am now in a fairly well paid job...its been a rough road.. however i admire my parents who stuck by me when i was at my lowest dependant on drugs and going nowhere but in abusive relationships and self destruction ..."

Jess I admire anyone that takes control of their lives and makes it do what they need. Your a lovely lady and don't let anyone tell you different

I admire my dear lovely nan for hanging on 2 hours more so my birthday's still remain happy ones not sad ones remembering when she died

By *umsuckMan  over a year ago

Gateshead

"I admire myself from getting myself off living on the streets (i was a rough sleeper) to getting a flat which then led me into employment which i had been out of for a while..to then where i am now in a fairly well paid job...its been a rough road.. however i admire my parents who stuck by me when i was at my lowest dependant on drugs and going nowhere but in abusive relationships and self destruction ...If there were an award to be given here - I would sincerely award that to you. Success in life is easier for some than others... but dragging yourself up has got to be the hardest. Well done, you! "

+1

Who do I admire? My late Dad. Let me think he was just another Dad who hadn't done anything special in his life, who just went along from day to day.

Then after he died I found out the truth - and I was gobsmacked. How someone can manage to keep a secret from his own family - even from his wife - and refuse any recognition for what he did I find truly humbling.

I always treat Gentlemen (and Ladies!) of around his age (would have been 90 this year) with the greatest of respect since - you never know what they did for our freedom years ago...

"Who do I admire? My late Dad. Let me think he was just another Dad who hadn't done anything special in his life, who just went along from day to day.

Then after he died I found out the truth - and I was gobsmacked. How someone can manage to keep a secret from his own family - even from his wife - and refuse any recognition for what he did I find truly humbling.

I always treat Gentlemen (and Ladies!) of around his age (would have been 90 this year) with the greatest of respect since - you never know what they did for our freedom years ago... "

I totally agree with you here

dudley

"Who do I admire? My late Dad. Let me think he was just another Dad who hadn't done anything special in his life, who just went along from day to day.

I always treat Gentlemen (and Ladies!) of around his age (would have been 90 this year) with the greatest of respect since - you never know what they did for our freedom years ago... "

Very true

By *amnationsedgeMan  over a year ago

Ashborne

If it makes sense while I don't admire myself I admire what I have accomplished. I also admire my brother since though he kind of sucks at the qualities I have he has alot of qualities I could really use.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

My Mum.

She spent 5 years looking after my stepfather 24/7 with little or no help from the outside as he wouldn't let her leave his side..

The night he died I stayed with her and as she couldn't sleep, I drifted in and out of sleep in a chair. At about 3am she suddenly shouted my name and said, 'I'll be able to come to France with you'.I did take her for the weekend later that year and promised her a week there the next year.

A neighbour asked her to go on holiday with her, so she said yes. I said no problem, we can always go next year. Sadly that September she started feeling ill and was jaundiced, 6 and a half weeks later she was dead from Pancreatic Cancer. In those weeks I only heard her complain once, unfortunately they were some of the last words she ever spoke to me. It's 11 years next Monday to the day and date that she died.

I still think of her selfless care, her love and support for me and miss her every day.

Oh and Julie for taking the flack every time we cause havoc in the forums

I always treat Gentlemen (and Ladies!) of around his age (would have been 90 this year) with the greatest of respect since - you never know what they did for our freedom years ago...

Very true "

I am quite old fashioned in this respect as I feel elderly people deserve that extra respect per se even if I dont know anything about their achivements and history. It is something that I believe in quite strongly.

"Oh and Julie for taking the flack every time we cause havoc in the forums "
That probably does deserve a medal

"My Mum.

She spent 5 years looking after my stepfather 24/7 with little or no help from the outside as he wouldn't let her leave his side..

The night he died I stayed with her and as she couldn't sleep, I drifted in and out of sleep in a chair. At about 3am she suddenly shouted my name and said, 'I'll be able to come to France with you'.I did take her for the weekend later that year and promised her a week there the next year.

A neighbour asked her to go on holiday with her, so she said yes. I said no problem, we can always go next year. Sadly that September she started feeling ill and was jaundiced, 6 and a half weeks later she was dead from Pancreatic Cancer. In those weeks I only heard her complain once, unfortunately they were some of the last words she ever spoke to me. It's 11 years next Monday to the day and date that she died.

I still think of her selfless care, her love and support for me and miss her every day."

dudley

"My Mum.

I still think of her selfless care, her love and support for me and miss her every day."

I do not look forward to the time my mother dies as she is the sun to our solar system

"M

I do not look forward to the time my mother dies as she is the sun to our solar system"

What a lovely way of describing your mum and the part she plays in your lives.

dudley

"M

I do not look forward to the time my mother dies as she is the sun to our solar systemWhat a lovely way of describing your mum and the part she plays in your lives. "

It's funny how mothers are usually the glue that holds family units together, my ex used to laugh that we were all scared of our mother. I just used to say if you knew what I knew you be scared too.

By *dinMan  over a year ago

Nr Biggleswade

Anyone who works in the meat based industries special thumbs up to all sausage manufacturers

God bless them all sniff!! Welling up now

I admire my 3 eldest girls, they have gone through so much already in their lives, yet always smiled, stood by me during every decision, shown me a tremendous amount of love and support. I don't know where ide be without them

I admire the armed forces cos they still do their jobs regardless of fellow casualties - I admire the ones that have fallen and the ones that have been injured, particularly the injured that have gone on to inspire others, I admire anyone that inspires people, parents, teachers, carers, doctors, nurses, police, fire personnel, RNLI personnel - people that put others before themselves and lastly I admire so many of you forumites for lots of different reasons - the list is endless really

"I admire the armed forces cos they still do their jobs regardless of fellow casualties - I admire the ones that have fallen and the ones that have been injured, particularly the injured that have gone on to inspire others, I admire anyone that inspires people, parents, teachers, carers, doctors, nurses, police, fire personnel, RNLI personnel - people that put others before themselves and lastly I admire so many of you forumites for lots of different reasons - the list is endless really "

My son for battling cancer at the ripe young age of 17 months old and still going strong 11 years later .........

"I admire my late grandfather for being a true gentleman.

I admire Superman for always picking himself up and fighting on after a bout of krytoniteosis I admire anybody who can wear a union jack on his bum and still look manly Sorry I could not resist "

That's ironic considering I have moobs and a stick on vagina around the front!

"My son for battling cancer at the ripe young age of 17 months old and still going strong 11 years later ........."

"My son for battling cancer at the ripe young age of 17 months old and still going strong 11 years later ........."

"My son for battling cancer at the ripe young age of 17 months old and still going strong 11 years later .........

"

...compelling, and admirable

I admire the human spirit myself, the ability to carry on in the face of disaster or tragedy and never give up.

Wolf

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

My husband...people who know us always tell me how lucky i am to have him and don't i know it.

My mum, who is amazing.

On the forum, Lickety, Polo, Tempting, Aphro, View, and probably several others who've temporarily slipped my mind. And the mods for dealing with so much shit, and remaining approachable (even though I don't always agree with them).

In life, so many people I don't know where to begin listing them.

My parents are an obvious answer, they helped make me who I am today. I meet so many people that I admire on a daily basis, people who have been dealt a terrible hand by fate, yet they still find the strength to keep fighting their personal battle on a daily basis.

My mum for everything she's been through and to still come out the other end stronger

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

My nan. She was the glue that held the family together for so many years. Since she died, we've splintered away from each other, and she would be devastated if she knew the state we are in now. None of us see each other, we don't even talk on the phone. Apart from myself who moved down South, they all still live within a 10 mile radius of each other.

My Dad. He isn't my biological father, he met my mum when she was 7 months pregnant with me. He could have walked away. But he didn't. He braved his strict catholic parents to be with my mum, and for me to grow up with a Dad. He is my rock, and I couldn't imagine life without him.

By *edonism44Man  over a year ago

oldham

"Could be anybody from your next door neighbour, a realtive, a colleague or even a celebrity. I am curious to hear what people admire in others and what makes them want to be like that person?

Lighthearted and/or serious post welcome "

All the people who have replied to me depression thread and shared there most personal experiences !!!! Xxx

My sister.

Thought it was unlikely she would ever have children due to TSS and poly cystic ovaries,adopted a relative and brought her up as her own,went through the courts to fight for IVF,nearly went bankrupt funding their own,had several failed attempts,then fell pregnant with twins.

She now has 3 beautiful girls,works full time as a teacher in a special school and has put up with so much,including our parents disowning the both of us.

I have never met a stronger woman.So incredibly proud to have her as my sister

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"My mum, who is amazing.

On the forum, Lickety, Polo, Tempting, Aphro, View, and probably several others who've temporarily slipped my mind. And the mods for dealing with so much shit, and remaining approachable (even though I don't always agree with them).

In life, so many people I don't know where to begin listing them."

You made me look now......... and thank you.

I was talking to someone this morning who has completely changed their life with nothing more than the belief they could and now help others do the same.

They have my admiration, along with all the other people who believe in what they can do and use that to change something for the better.

Sir Alex Ferguson.

jo brand, she is brainy and funny.

"Oh and Julie for taking the flack every time we cause havoc in the forums "

Hey....do I

I admire you for saying that young lady

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

My late father, for laying down his life for his country in 1972...My late Mother for bringing me and my brother up alone despite suffering great financial hardship for years...

And more recently...My fantastic young nephew who was in Afghanistan last year and came back to us safe and well, and never once complained about his lot over there.

Norman Borlaug: no-ones ever heard of him, but he is pretty much directly responsible for over 1,000,000,000 people being alive today.

And not in the "he got around a lot then" sense before some wag makes the comment.

He was an agrocultural scientist, his research allowed many countries previously with massive famine and importers of grain to become self sufficient and be net exporters of grain.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I admire myself from getting myself off living on the streets (i was a rough sleeper) to getting a flat which then led me into employment which i had been out of for a while..to then where i am now in a fairly well paid job...its been a rough road.. however i admire my parents who stuck by me when i was at my lowest dependant on drugs and going nowhere but in abusive relationships and self destruction ...If there were an award to be given here - I would sincerely award that to you. Success in life is easier for some than others... but dragging yourself up has got to be the hardest. Well done, you! "

I don't need an award the best award I have is my health, my sanity and the love of some amazing people in my life.. I chosse to go into a career which is helping others that is me paying back to those that helped me..

I admire those that lay down their life everyday where in the forces, police etc.

"Norman Borlaug: no-ones ever heard of him, but he is pretty much directly responsible for over 1,000,000,000 people being alive today.

And not in the "he got around a lot then" sense before some wag makes the comment.

He was an agrocultural scientist, his research allowed many countries previously with massive famine and importers of grain to become self sufficient and be net exporters of grain."

I've heard of him.

I used to admire Kate Adie, the BBC journalist who always happened to be in the most dangerous places and reported with great calm and objectivity as well as compassion; well that is how she came across to me at the time. Wonder what became of her...

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

thanks and no dolls here

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

My sister. We dragged each other up, she is always kind and generous and she puts up with me no matter what.

» Add a new message to this topic